I need you - Jimin x Reader

By bangtanxxo

"Jimin, I need you..." When y/n's life got flipped upside down 6 years ago from a fatal car accident involvi... More

Chapter 1 - Park JIMIN
Chapter 2 - Sticky Situation
Chapter 3- Goodnight
Chapter 4 - No Change
Chapter 5 - Remember
Chapter 6 - BTS
Chapter 7 - The Nightmare
Chapter 9 - Birthday
Chapter 10 - Betrayal
Chapter 11 - Tough Reminder
Chapter 12 - Hope?
Chapter 13 - Connection
Chapter 14 - Anniversary
Chapter 15 - JJ Project
Chapter 16 - Jimin Hotel?
Chapter 17 - Panic Attack
Chapter 18 - New Project
Chapter 19 - Our Plan
Chapter 20 - Oh Dear...
Chapter 21 - Getting Ready
Chapter 22 - The Party
Chapter 23 - Success?
Chapter 24 - Why you?
Chapter 25 - Hanging Out Like Friends?
Chapter 26 - Caught
Chapter 27 - Nicknames
Chapter 28 - Taxi Ride
Chapter 29 - Up Close and Personal
Chapter 30 - Kim Seokjin
Chapter 31 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 32 - Jeon Jungkook
Chapter 33 - Bowling
Chapter 34 - All Hell Breaks Loose...
Chapter 35 - Min Yoongi
Chapter 36 -Confessions?
Chapter 37 - A Hangover to Remember
Chapter - Explanation

Chapter 8 - The Gift

30 4 0
By bangtanxxo

Flustered and shaken I look around examining my surroundings, instantly calming at the familiarity of Jimin's room. This stupid nightmare won't leave me alone, I assume it's just because the anniversary is near, it always got harder around this time. I hope that's the only reason, I don't know how much longer I can survive this trauma. 

I am drawn out of my head when a voice resonates throughout the air in the room, "Y/n? What the fuck? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Oh sorry, did I wake you? It's nothing just go back to sleep." A tinge of guilt runs through my body.

He squints at me half out of curiosity and half out of sleepiness before giving in and turning around to settle down again. I hear heavy breaths exiting his mouth indicating he's asleep again.

I also roll over and attempt to get some more rest, it takes a while but eventually sleep finds me.

[...]

Here I am in this ordinary, day to day situation. I am strewn across the floor in agony as 7 menacing boys enjoy taking their anger out on my fragile body. 

"I saw your boyfriend returned the other day." Jhope states his voice lined with amusement, "He seemed to think he has some sort of power over us, make sure he sees you in this state to remind him who's boss." It disgusts me when they call JB my boyfriend because I see him as a brother.

I sometimes question his nickname 'J-hope', when he's around me I see no sense of hope for my life behind his eyes. 

Suga delivers one last kick to my abdomen causing me to grunt in pain but I bite my tongue knowing full well they get encouraged when they hear the pain leave my mouth. Thankfully my lack of will power goes unnoticed and they leave me alone at the sound of the bell. Almost everyday I am literally 'saved by the bell'.

Knowing I won't be able to get up for a while, I harshly clamp down on the skin on my arms, mentally cursing the nightmares. I'm getting less sleep because of them, making me weaker, hence why I'm struggling more than usual today.

[...]

After another 45 minutes I am still lying on the floor in the same position. 

Hesitantly, I muster up the energy to pull my body up from the ground because the bell will go soon and I don't want other students finding me in that vulnerable position. 

I stumble through the school making my way to my second period so I'm already there when the bell goes. I dodge the dirty looks people are shooting my way at the sight of the visible bruises and hues present of my face.

[...]

Finally the draining day has come to an end. I exit the dull building, yearning to feel the comfort of Jimin's bed encasing my body. 

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side as I can hear 7 malevolent boys beckoning me over to them. I hesitate. 

Do I make a run for it and try to get out? That would only lead to harsher punishments other days though, that is if I even escaped. They could run after me, they're a lot faster after all. I contemplate for a while, watching as their patience grows thin. Deciding I can't bare anymore of it today, I dash toward the school gate, betting my chances against the devils.

It was as if time slowed down as I prayed to god I could make it out alive. My glare fell onto the boys running after me, this only fueled my need to get out of there as I know if I gave up now, there was a high possibility I wouldn't come out the other side.

I keep running glancing back every so often to see them on my tail, gradually closing the gap between us. Soon I realise I'm headed for Jimin's house as that's the direction I naturally head in now, but that would blow our cover. I bite my lip and turn around to see Jimin and Jungkook very close. I stare at them with wide eyes almost asking Jimin where I should go. 

Wait. If I keep going this way Jimin will know where I am going, he would never allow them to know he took me in when I needed help, therefore he wouldn't let them catch me or see where I am headed.

I smirk at the boys as I turn and keep running again, this time with more confidence. Jungkook looks taken aback at my sudden boldness and Jimin's eyes widen with realisation before I don't hear footsteps trailing me anymore. However, I know better than to just assume they're gone so I daren't turn around, not until I'm at my destination.

I arrive earlier than usual despite the marathon I just travelled. As I enter Mrs Park is already in the kitchen to greet me.

"Oh you're back early today." I say as I'm surprised to find her here. She normally comes back a couple of hours after me and Jimin have returned.

"Yes, and I'm glad you're here. It's Jimin's birthday tomorrow and I'm going to make him his favourite food. Then I've invited his friends round so they can all go out to a bar together. As it's his 18th I knew he would want to do something he couldn't before because of his age." She informs me and a knot forms in my stomach.

I am unsure of how to answer, "O-oh, that should be nice for him."

"Mm, I hope so. Would you mind coming home slightly early tomorrow to help me cook for him, he eats so much I don't think I could finish it on my own." 

I want to refuse, I want to refuse so badly, but it's Mrs Park and she's been nothing but kind to me so I give in and smile, "Of course I can come home to help you." 

She beams gratefully in return.

"Umm..is this a surprise or does he know about it?" I question, quickly realising how this could go very wrong.

"Oh, it's a surprise, except his friends know about it so don't worry it will be fine." She states. 

I can't help but feel bad about this whole thing, I mean so much stuff could go wrong. 

If they come here, they could see me, or Mrs Park could mention me with no knowledge of me staying here being a secret. Or, he could not like it. Also Jungkook and V are underage.

"Mrs Park, some of his friends are younger than him, are you alright with them going when it's not legally allowed?" I'm curious as I remember she was always against breaking rules, especially breaking the law.

"Ohh, no no no, I would never allow that. That's why they are staying over here like the rest of them but when Jimin and his older friends go to the bar they are going to go somewhere else together." Pftt, I love Mrs Park like a second mother but is she really that stupid? There is no way Jungkook and V aren't going to that bar. I mean they all have been using fake ID's for years now.

Then something in my mind suddenly clicks, "Wait!" I shout surprising both her and myself, "They are staying over? As in sleeping here?" 

"Oh, yes. Is that alright with you?" She looks at me with confused eyes.

"Oh...ermm, yeah sure. I was just a bit surprised you want 7 noisy boys in your house whilst you're trying to sleep." It's Jimin's house at the end of the day and I can't say who stays here and who doesn't particularly not on his birthday.

"No, I'm not staying here after we cook and they've left to go out for the evening me and Mr Park are leaving as we have a very important conference meeting early the next morning and it's in the next city over so we need to stay somewhere near there for the night." My heart rate increases. So I'm going to be left here alone with 7 boys who all want to kill me?

I smile at her as I hear the front door opening indicating Jimin is home so I go upstairs not wanting to face him yet.

I need to figure something out, I need to go somewhere that night or at least have a room to hide in here, but I can't talk to Jimin about that because it would ruin the surprise and no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't mess this up for Mrs Park she has spent ages preparing and planning it all out she would be so hurt to find out it didn't work out.

[...]

It's currently 9:47pm and I'm debating whether to get Jimin a present for his birthday. I mean we always use to? But that was the past, we are no longer living in the past this is the present y/n. But it could be like a thank you gift for letting me stay here, but what if he took it the wrong way. What if he didn't like what I got him? What if he thinks I expect something in return? Nope that's it I've decided against it.

I stare at nothing for a while until I imagine him possibly disappointed, maybe he expects something from me? Ahh, shit. 

I grab my coat, put my shoes on and head out into the shadows of night.

It takes me a while to find any shops that are open but I find a quiet street with a row of shops. I walk past them scanning in the windows of them all. 

What would Jimin want? I mean he's loaded, he has everything I could possibly give him. My eyes stop as they catch a glimpse of this old antique store. It's dim lighting contrasts with the rest of the stores, making it disappear into the background and scenery. 

When we were little Jimin always found old things interesting and his house is all modern, maybe this was the best route to go down. Cautiously, I enter the humble shop, aware that it's now almost 10:30pm.  An old women behind the counter looks up with sleepy eyes. When her gaze fixes on me a huge beam creeps onto her face as she gets up and hobbles over welcoming me.

"Hello dear! Welcome to my antique shop, we have quite a collection. Please feel free to look around and ask for any help if you need it." Her warm tone instantly helps me to relax as I start skimming through the shelves. 

After another 20 minutes, I huff thinking maybe this wasn't the best idea, I mean he's not the same little boy he once was. From out of nowhere the lady appears next to me, startling me slightly. She's kinda creepy now that I analyse her, her eyes aren't in view as they are scrunched up even when she's not smiling like crazy and her wrinkled face feels familiar, but I'm certain I've never met this women before.

"Is there anything you're looking for in particular?" She asks.

I sigh, "I'm looking for a birthday present for an 18 year old boy, he use to be so interested in this stuff but he's older now." I laugh slightly at my own stupidity, "I'm sorry maybe this wasn't the best choice of shop, he's into modern stuff now and he's already got everything he could possibly want." 

The lady's smile morphs into a knowing smirk and her eyes become visible for the first time. She forces eye contact and I gulp, it feels as if she can see into my soul and I feel very vulnerable.

"I think I might have something he would like." She gestures for me to follow her, and as if I was in a trance I ask no questions and comply. 

She stops at a small box and picks it up before giving it to me carefully as if it could shatter at any given second. I accept the box and look at it, immediately I feel myself drawn to it and entranced by it's beauty. Although small the details on it are captivating. It's golden with various jewels embedded into the surface. Patterns are engraved on the sides and even some words which are too a small to make out. 

"Does it open?" I question intrigued by it. 

"No one has ever been able to open this box, but yes it does open. If you're boy really does have everything he already needs maybe he will have the tools to open it." Her words seemed to have a double meaning but I brushed it off. 

"What's inside of it?" I ask. 

She takes a moment to answer, "Only fate will tell my dear." 

I furrow my eyebrows trying to make sense of her replies.

I stare deeply at the object once again debating whether to get it for him or not. Realising it's quite late now I decide to just go for it and I purchase it.

"How much is it?" I say after she has packed it in a bag and is giving it to me.

She smiles hiding her eyes again, "Nothing dear." 

I am bewildered, "No I must give you something." I insist.

"Please dear, it's not worth anything. After all we are open to those who need us." She says and that's when I realised the signs up all over the shop and in the shop windows, they all say, 'Open to those who need us.'.

Before I have time to question I find myself outside of the shop window the bag with Jimin's gift in my hand as I clutch it tightly. The cool air snaps me out of whatever hypnosis I was under. I look back at the shop to find the lights off and a sign on the door saying closed. Weird, very weird. 

As I walk back I can't help but think about the shop and the little elderly woman, they give off an unusual vibe and have a creepy aura but not in a bad way, almost like magic. Aish, stop y/n this is ludicrous, you're just tired. I push the feeling aside and concentrate on getting back as it's cold and I'm tired.

[...]

As I let myself fall into the depth of the mattress I see Jimin exiting the bathroom ready for bed. I turn away from him, scared of what he will say.

"You shouldn't have run ya know." he states emotionless and bored. 

I don't answer deciding it's best to not give him the time of day. Maybe I should keep his gift for myself I mean, it's gorgeous and he probably wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

He sighs giving up before wrapping the duvet around him letting the bed swallow us both entirely. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment! What do you think is inside the box? :)

Hey Guys! 

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, this is a big part of the plot and I'm very happy with the way this story is going at the minute. If you have any criticisms let me know and I will definitely try to improve. 

Thank you - Bangtanxxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 47K 101
Jimin has always been the nerd of the school. He used to have friends. He had Namjoon, Suga,Jungkook,Jin,JHope,and V. One day they became just like...
400K 15.5K 74
Min Yoongi's life is not easy. Every day after waking up he has to cover his bruises. He is good at it. Nobody has noticed anything. Only he knows th...
2.3K 158 29
" I feel like my life began with you and it truly did..." (Unedited) You are a regular girl living with your parents but one day after school you see...
48.6K 2K 38
New school, new start. Or that's what I thought. My dad got a new job in Busan so me my mom and dad moved there. My dads job made it possible for me...