His Hidden Past

By CaitrionaRose11

Things are going normally in Central City. All until one day, Barry acts a little strange. He tells everyone... More

Characters
Chapter 1: Mystery Letter
Chapter 2: Nostalgia
Chapter 3: Barry or Sebastian?
Chapter 4: Annie are you ok?
Chapter 5: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 6: Still Have What It Takes
Chapter 8: Meet Chris

Chapter 7: Under The Blinding Lights

2.7K 76 47
By CaitrionaRose11

Barry's POV:

I didn't get much sleep last night. Was I a little drunk? Yes. But once I was alone in my hotel room again, I sobered up real quick when I thought about Vanessa and how she found me.

I stared at the ceiling and listened to the birds chirp outside. I saw the sun was just rising over the horizon.

"Great," I said with a moan. "Today's going to be a long day."

Usually I can pull an all nighter no problem, but now with the meta cuff and my dampened powers, this impromptu all nighter is going to hit me hard.

I got up and got dressed in my famous Dalton uniform. I decided to not go to the docks and just focus on myself today. 

"It's going to be a good day," I said to myself in the mirror. "You're going to perform with your friends again, and show Iris, Caitlin and Cisco the good parts of Sebastian."

I sighed. "No pressure."

Before I left my room, I dug through my carry on bag. When I first moved to Ohio after freshman year, I never really cleaned this bag out. I was curious to see if her dads ring was still in here.

Don't even ask me why I kept it. To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe it's to serve as a reminder not to let other people control me. 

When I felt my fingers graze the cold metal, my face dropped. I pulled it out and stared at it. I kept getting flashes off that awful day in the woods.

And instead of putting it away like any normal, sane person would do, I shoved it in my pocket, grabbed my jacket, and left my room.

Iris's POV:

"So what's the deal with these prep school kids anyways?" I asked, confused as to why this concert was such a big deal. I could hear people talking about them and gushing.

"Apparently they are one of the best show choirs in the country," Cisco said, looking around the auditorium. 

I followed his gaze and didn't even realize I walked right into someone. 

"I'm so sorry!" I said helping her collect her belongings she dropped.

"No, don't worry about it. Really, it was my fault," she said. I gave her a sympathetic smile as we both stood up.

"You look, really familiar," she said looking me up and down. Honestly, I felt a little uncomfortable. "Do I know you?"

"No, I don't think you do. My name is Iris. I'm here for my," I was about to say husband, but Cisco jabbed me in the ribs to remind me that Barry isn't Barry today. Today, he was Sebastian. "I'm just here for a friend," I said playing it cool.

I think she picked up that something wasn't quite right, but ultimately she let it go. "I'm here for my boyfriend. His name is Chris. Maybe you know him through your friend?"

"Maybe," I said. "My friend is with the Warblers."

"No way!" she said. "So is my Chris! Hopefully we'll catch each other after and we can get to know each other."

"Hopefully," I said. She gave me a smile and went to move past me. "Oh wait!" I said stopping her. "I didn't catch your name."

"Vanessa," she said. Then she turned and kept walking. 

"She seems perky," Cisco said. 

"Whatever," I replied shaking it off. "Let's just sit down."

Barry's POV:

I was backstage warming up with the boys. Since this wasn't our venue, we opted to go first. You know, being good sports and all. 

"We're gonna kill this," Nick said.

"Of course we are," I replied.

"I can't wait to see the look on their faces when," I heard Jeff say, but he was cut off by a rather annoying voice.

"When what?" Rachel cut in. Her and her little posse of misfits confronted us.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"We heard you talking," Mercedes said. 

"What are you gonna do twink, throw another slushy at me?" Santana snarled.

"Are you asking for one?" Thad spit back, but honestly, he was never any good at the comebacks. 

"I've got this guys," I said placing an arm out, signaling for them to let me handle it.

"Just because you think you and your little boy band are better than us, doesn't mean you can go around throwing slushy's at us," Kurt protested.

"Look, I know we're better than you. Done. End of story. If you still can't get over all the stuff that happened in high school? Then I almost feel sorry for you," I fired back.

They looked shocked. "Almost," I said, emphasizing my point. 

"Now if you're done wasting our time, we have to be on stage," I said after a few moments of silence. 

And like the badasses we are, we all walked on stage and got into position. Right before the curtain went up, I looked to my stage left and saw Kurt and Rachel in the wings, and boy did they look pissed. 

Just to add fuel to the fire, I gave them one of my famous Sebastian smirks. Then, I heard the curtain rise and I just stared into the audience with a great sense of confidence. 

All I could think about was how much I missed this feeling. The feeling of anticipation, right before the adrenaline rush you get when performing. 

"Welcome everyone. The Dalton Academy Warblers would like to thank each and every one of you who came and donated to this wonderful cause. For every cent made, we plan to double it, so please, give what you can."

After my little speech, I went back to the formation, took a deep breath, and began to sing.

(A/N: I didn't feel like typing out everything, so I'm just posting the songs!)

Iris's POV:

I won't lie, I didn't know what to expect when they first Barry first came out on stage. I hadn't seen him that happy in ages. He just looked so youthful, and full of hope. 

Now that they finished their first song, the crowd was going nuts. But Caitlin, Cisco, and I were shocked. 

"I mean, I knew he could sing, but this?" Caitlin said in disbelief. 

"Let me get this straight," Cisco chimed in. "One of the most awkward, clumsy, and uncoordinated person to ever walk the earth, just did that?"

I couldn't respond. I was shocked. We sat down along with the rest of the audience and waited for them to start their next song. 

Barry's POV:

We just reached the end of our set, and I was on cloud nine. I was completely out of breath, you know, the meta cuff, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I longed for this feeling. The rush of adrenaline, and heat of the lights, and the defining sound of the audience. 

I looked over to Thad, who just smiled and gave me a nod. Once the audience settled down, I caught a glimpse of Iris in the audience. I flashed a quick smile, and I could see it wasn't really settling with her. But in my defense, she wasn't really used to Sebastian.

"Thank you, everyone for coming out and supporting us. This really means the world. After we graduated, we weren't sure if we would ever get another chance to perform together again. This really means the world."

I waited another minute, while the audience clapped at my moving speech.

"Now before we say good night, we have one more surprise for you," I said. I looked in the wings and saw the New Directions waiting to go onstage, but really confused. 

I counted off, and we began to sing. I motioned for them to come onstage, and boy did they look determined. 

I decided it would be better to not throw an actual slushy at them, so instead, we filled slushy cups up with glitter and glitter bombed them. 

While the audience roared to life clapping and cheering, the curtain closed. 

"Seriously?" Kurt said in frustration. He was the one who took most of the blow.

"Like I said before," I said tossing my cup to the side. "That slushy? It was meant for you."

Then we waltzed off stage to go get changed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 1.4K 36
Trailer for book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWpog751zeA "The man I see right there in that room, is not the man I met in high school. He's dif...
37.5K 543 30
Season 1-6 oc x oc just skip to my writing for season two, more coming soon
129 0 10
When meta-humans begin to go missing across Central City, a mysterious darkness takes over. It seems its the end of Central city as the team know it...
10.8K 140 30
Barry came back from speed force him and iris had fight she said things to him and Caitlin agrees but she still friend with him but Cisco and Harry o...