𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 ᝰ S. Todoroki ✓

By starzuwu

꒰ ❛ THEY FELL TO THE GROUND LIKE SNOWFLAKES. ❜ ꒱ ೃ⁀➷𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫. 『Ha... More

❀ 01『first snow』
❀ 02 『blooming emotions』
❀ 04 『wilted hope』

❀ 03 『sun-kissed』

3.1K 182 122
By starzuwu

『t h r e e』

The summer sun is so warm... But once it sets, I have to return to that cold place.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

HER THROAT FELT AS HOT AS THE SUMMER SUN. She didn't want to accept these feelings but the idea of the surgery sickened her. Without them, she would become an empty shell. Her life had brightened since meeting that boy and she didn't want to taint it. But the consequence of this disease was severe.

Death.

Dying because of love. Similar to her mother, (y/n) thought, but just many times more peaceful. If it meant escaping her torturous every day, maybe she didn't mind succumbing to her love for him.

Todoroki wasn't like her father. He was a kind person even if it didn't show on his face. So if it was him, maybe falling for him would be okay. Either way, she wouldn't have a bright future so she decided that the path of acceptance was the best one.

Days continued to pass, and (y/n) continued to sit on that same bench. Todoroki didn't approach her anymore, he took her words to heart and left her alone. (y/n) knew this was her doing. She knew that it was better this way. But those petals kept arising into her throat. Holding them in until Todoroki wasn't in sight, she then coughed them all out.

Today was different, however. Today those snow-like petals had been stained red. This confirmed (y/n)'s suspicion of the disease worsening. But what could she do to stop it? It was suffocating and painful but it was nothing compared to the pain she's constantly faced for three years of her life.

For Todoroki, checking on (y/n) from afar became a habit. Concerned about her injuries and her worsening emotional state. He knew he couldn't just leave her but he didn't know what to do. She had told him to leave her alone but he couldn't just leave her any longer.

When he saw he walk in a different direction to the park or her home one day, he decided to follow her. He didn't want to seem suspicious but he was genuinely curious to know what she was up to.

She gazed down at the ocean, stained grey by the clouds, roughly 350ft down from her. The sound of the lapping waves could just be heard over the howling of the wind. The cold bit at her exposed skin but she paid no mind to it, all her attention was on down below, another step and she would fall to be engulfed by that silver sea. Her (h/c) hair fluttered back with the wind revealing her tear-stained face.

Just another step.

"What are you doing?"

Her (e/c) orbs locked onto a boy after she spun around to meet the owner of that voice. But this caused her to lose balance and slowly start falling backwards.

His heterochromatic eyes widened and his half red and half white hair flew up in panic as he ran forward with a hand reaching out.

Beautiful. She thought as she closed her eyes and let herself fall.

She waited for the cool sea to take her away only for a sharp pain to snap at her ankles. Her eyes blinked open and she noticed ice glueing her to the ground.

"Why... Why did you save me?" She whispered as more tears threatened to start spilling down her cheeks.

"Couldn't you tell that I wanted to fall?!"

The tears then poured out while the boy just silently watched.

"I just want it to end... The beatings. The pain," She sobbed. "I told myself to just hold it in until..." until that disease took me away.

The boy's eyes widened at her confession. He stepped toward her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

She felt pathetic. She was showing him her weak self again. She wasn't intending on jumping, she was too cowardly for that. But when it happened, she didn't panic. She had just accepted it.

"Don't touch me!" She exclaimed as she glared at him through the tears.

"You wouldn't understand..."

"What's your name?" He asked her and (y/n)'s cries stopped as she looked at him.

"My name...?" She murmured, unsure of why he brought this up.

"Yes, I told you mine but you haven't told me yours," He nodded and (y/n) almost laughed at his straightforward nature.

"(y/n)..." She smiled, her hair sticking onto her face from the tears.

Weirdly enough, those words saved her.

She wondered what he thought of her. Did he view her the same way she viewed herself? Did he care for her at all? The itching in her throat caused her to try to think of something else, but the words that came out of her mouth surprised her.

"Would you be sad if I were to disappear?" (y/n) abruptly asked and Todoroki only stared back in silence.

Of course he wouldn't.

"Sorry, ignore that. It was dumb to ask" She placed a hand onto the ice, all fingers touching it causing it to disappear.

Todoroki looked impressed at this action, knowing Midoriya would probably be amazed as well. When he asked her what her quirk was, her smile faded into a sad one.

"Quirk negation," She muttered while averting her gaze, embarrassed. "I can erase anything quirk related if it touches all 5 fingers on a hand."

"Join U.A," He suddenly announced and it was (y/n)'s turn to be surprised. This caused (y/n) to actually let out a choked chuckle.

"I don't know why you asked that but thank you," (y/n) quietly thanked with a small but pained grin.

"But my quirk really isn't that strong. I was useless in the hero school entrance exams I entered..."

"You simply had a disadvantage. But with your quirk, you could become a hero. Our teacher has a similar one to yours," He said, noticing her shivering from the cold and lighting a flame.

"Your teacher...? And you have 2 quirks?! That's possible?! I can't compete against teens like you..." (y/n) sighed, touching the flame so it disappears. "That's the best of my ability."

"You could train. I'm positive you'll get better. If you transfer into our class you'll get to move into our dorm," He explained and (y/n)'s eyes widened.

A dorm..? I wouldn't have to stay in that place...? Multiple thoughts raced through her mind until she finally replied.

She wanted to grasp onto that hope. She desperately wanted a safe place she could happily call home. A place where she could walk in with a genuine smile on her face. A place where he would always be there. Maybe he would feel that same if she managed to get closer to him? That thought made her feel warm inside. Not a painful burn but like Todoroki's gentle flame.

"I... I..." She stuttered. "I want to..."

"Then let's go," He declared, grabbing onto her arm.

She could see it, that possible future. She'd have to ask her father if she could attend that school. His answer was obvious. What was the point in asking to move out when the answer was clear? And that was only if U.A the top hero school accepted someone like her. She tensed up once more and Todoroki noticed this as he still had a tight grip on her.

"I can't...! I know I'm weak. Maybe I could train but my father wouldn't allow me to just... move out..." (y/n) responded as she ripped her arm away.

"Sorry but I can't go with you," She stated before starting to leave in the direction of her home.

She knew she had to leave right then and there. If she stayed any longer, she was going to be filled with flimsy hope that would just be torn away later.

"Couldn't you at least try?" He asked, almost sounding desperate.

Her expression went dark. Being with him was killing her. Literally.

"Trying will only make it worse." Giving him a weak smile, then with that she hurried off.

As Todoroki gazed at her disappearing back, something inside of him shifted uncomfortably. Something told him not to let her go. To chase after her.

"Would you be sad if I were to disappear?"

Those words rang through his head once more.

"I would be sad!" Todoroki called out after her.

Turning the corner, (y/n) collapsed onto her knees. Pressing her hands against the rough gravel, she coughed out more petals.

He would be sad...? Was that his answer to my question before?

Before (y/n)'s thoughts could continue, her eyes locked onto the newly spat out petals.

This... These petals are connected? (y/n) picked up the deformed flower and looked at it with sad eyes.

I know. I know I can't be with him. I know.

I know...

Shrouded in her hopeless thoughts once more, she shuffled down the path.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

I'll be seeing you soon, mum.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 55.1K 123
The perfect princess, soon to be the perfect ruler. It is your duty to find a husband and be a good queen. You are ready. Now, let the bidding begin...
271K 8.7K 11
[COMPLETED] You hated him. He hated you. But now he's acting all depressed, and you were supposed to help him.
95.2K 1.6K 80
A traumatized past, a fight for love, and a bad ass high school girl. On her first day at UA she and a blonde haired boy get into an argument. Their...
271K 5.3K 22
You're a girl with a very powerful quirk and a kind personality! You finally make it into the school of your dreams! U.A.! You felt that no one could...