Reckless (MAFIA STORY)

By lexi34

Adaline James, known by the world as a gifted chef and blogger. Her world just got flipped upside down when... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Authors Note
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Dont get too excited.
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Sorry
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Authors note
Ch 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch.
Ch. 41

Ch. 37

1.3K 42 3
By lexi34

Quick Authors note to start this chapter out! Just wanted to let all of you all know I have decided to make a sequel to this story called "Reckless in Love" please add it to your libraries or reading lists so you know when I start that! However this story has quite a bit to tell!!

10 votes for a double update on FRIDAY or 10 COMMENTS

__________________________________________________________________________

Adaline James

"What? You are leaving?"

My heart sank when I saw Leo's face. It looked completely broken.

"Leo, wait." I ended the call to Cat and dropped my phone on the couch and followed Leo as he was on his heels walking upstairs.

He didn't even flinch at me saying anything to him. I was following up the stairs, but he was going much faster than I was and before I knew it the bedroom door was slammed nearly in my face. I grabbed for the knob and to my surprise it was still open.

I pushed the door open and saw my bags thrown onto the floor along with Leo ransacking the closets throwing my stuff onto the ground.

"Leo stop it." I went over to him and grabbed his arm.

"I am just helping you pack." He growled at me, but he didn't sound mad..

"Stop it, come talk to me." I pulled on him.

"Quit it, you are leaving. Get you shit and leave."

"Come on, Leo come over here and talk to me. We need to talk about this."

He stayed quiet and just turned to me.

He was crying.

"Leo." I paused, I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him over to the bed and made him sit down.

"Why are you leaving me Adaline." He put his head into his hands and just shook his head.

"I never said anything about leaving you, if I wanted to leave I would have done it by now. I was just telling Cat I want to leave the area not you." I kneeled in front of him.

"Leaving the area is leaving me, my entire livelihood.." He stopped and finally lifted his head.

"Leo, I have so many bad memories here. I really cannot stay in a house or city where I've been raped and beaten on more than one occasion. Let alone if Marcus doesn't get an actual sentencing he'll be on your ass and mine whether he still has a job or not." I just looked at him.

"Then we can move into a different house, I can have men at a house around the clock to protect you Adaline." He grabbed my hands.

"Leo, a new house won't stop all of the awful thoughts that run through my head everytime i'm alone in this house, or even when I'm in this bed alone. I think of Giovanni taking me from this very room when you were down the stairs. You haven't been through half of what I have in this damn house." I was in tears.

"I grew up in this town, this is where my father is buried. I haven't left the city for more than two weeks at a time without being called back for work. I cannot move and have to leave you every few days when I get called back. Hell bought a fucking casino months ago and I have been there 4 times, I cannot up root my life from here." He shook his head.

"Leo I really do not feel safe here. I want you in my life more than you know, please can we go somewhere else. I have houses all over, we wouldn't even need to buy anything." He pulled me onto the bed as I finished speaking.

"I genuinely do not think I can feasibly leave California at this time." He said putting his hand under my chin.

I met his gaze. I am at a loss.

"I will come with you to catch your breath after the trial, but I cannot move. I will buy a new house hours away from here if it means we stay together." He paused.

"I need you in my life. You are my favorite person in the world and the only one keeping me sane in the middle of everything. Before you I swore I was done being a decent human, there were days I felt as if I should've turned my crew into one like Valentino's just to make more money. Buy you Adaline, you show me the light when I have only been in darkness since I lost Mariana. For fucks sake I haven't talked about her on my own since her funeral." He shook his head.

"Okay, I will stay. But Leo, you really need to get closure with Mariana, I know it must be hard, all I have ever heard about her is that she was your only love."

"She was my only love. Until you, she would be happy knowing that I have someone to love me when I can barely love myself." He kissed my forehead.

I moved down and kissed his lips. He slightly deepened the kiss but I stood up.

"You're cleaning this up." I gestured to the mess of clothes and luggage bags scattered along the floor.

The bedroom door creaked open.

"Are you guys done fight fucking?" Alec peered around the corner of the door with his hands over his eyes, however he was peeking through his fingers.

"Care to repeat that." Leo had his boss man look on his face.

"No, sorry." Alec muttered as he walked into the room.

"However, Cat called and explained. Thank you for talking to her Ada. We need to figure out how to get her sister taken care of and help Cat's niece." Alec looked worried.

"I told her I'd pay at least some of the money she is asking, but I agree that there is no way for that poor little girl to live." I said looking at Leo.

"Would Carla do our program to be brought out of life." Leo asked.

"No, I have personally offered an annual salary and a house to better her life for Harper and she laughed in my face." I shook my head.

"We just need to somehow get her to sign the custody of Harper to either Cat or their mom. I know she has seen more in her four years of life than I even want to imagine." Alec murmured.

"How much did you offer her a year?" Leo questioned.

"I offered her 70 grand a year, and she said no. She doesn't want to be out of the life." I shook my head and walked out of the room.

Marcus O'Riley

"Hey pretty boy." A scrawny meth head was whispering in the cell next to me.

I have been rotting in a cell since the video of the wedding was released. I have been beaten by the other inmates because I am fed. The guards don't do shit because they know what I did. I have a new meth head next to me everyday either going bat shit or trying to show me their fucking dicks.

"Shit sack. Your lawyer is here." A guard walked over to my cell door and slammed it open. Another guard followed behind him and put handcuffs on me.

"Cuffs aren't necessary." I muttered.

"Clearly are if you have beaten a woman you do." The guard shoved me forward out of my cell.

We were walking down the hall, a sweep of relief came when I saw Jackson, my lawyer standing at the end. I was ushered into the room along with Jackson.

"Am I going to get out?" I spat out as soon as the guards left the room.

"Are you kidding? I am here to let you hear the plea deal they have offered you." Jackson didn't look very pleased.

"Well what is it."

"They have offered you 30 years with a contingency of parole after 10 years based on good behavior if you plead guilty." he set down the piece of paper.

"Are you fucking bonkers? 30 years? I would be 56. No way I take that shit offer." I snapped. No fucking way I am sitting in a jail cell for that long.

"Marcus, you realize you could be down for 3 counts or murder not to mention the amount of domestic abuse charges adding on years." Jackson looked at me with dagger eyes.

"I am not taking it, the judge will side with me along with the jury. I know people Jackson, and you damn well know I will come out of the scotch fucking free." I smirked.

"Marcus, you are going to rot in jail for the rest of your life if you don't take the plea." Jackson said sternly.

"I would rather die than take that plea." I snapped.

"Then you will be dying in a cell." Jackson got up and left.

_____________________________________________

Hope you all enjoy this chapter, what do you think Marcus will do?  

10 VOTES or 10 COMMENTS for a double update on Friday!!!

xoxo

lex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 1.4K 45
*BOOK 1 OF LOVE SERIES* Rosaline is a simple girl, just trying to peruse her dream career as a model in Italy when she is troubled by a stunning man...
1.6M 40K 59
Covers by: @mayamarip0sa (Thank You!) @A_A_N_GEL (Thank You!) Kindhearted and compassionate, Rosalia Amabella, preferably Rose, was just a curvy wom...
246K 5.4K 88
{COMPLETE} When Isabella's wedding ceremony is ruined by the one and only Kyzer Caruso, he kidnaps her and forces her to love him, no matter how long...