Oh, Ophelia | Tom Riddle

By Maebelletree

Honey, I love you That's all she wrote Oh, Ophelia You've been on my mind, girl, like a drug Oh, Ophelia Hea... More

Heaven Help a Fool Who Falls in Love
Act One - Characters
Anyone can change, I promise
Rounds
Potions
Slug Club
Wandless magic? Huh? No.
Crushes
Nott Blocked
Courage.
Honey, honey
Hamlet
Don't feckin' joke
Inquisitive
Ingredients
Because she forgot her ribbon
Because she needed him
She cried.
Herself again
Because she made him laugh
Cramps
Put me down!
He remembered everything
You're meant to check out the books not the boys
Nevermind, it's stupid
She didn't show up
Blood traitor
Whoever did this was going to pay
Marigold
Go to hogsmeade with me
Because she was happy to meet him
She drove him crazy
Getting pretty
Honesty felt...good?
Clamour for his praise
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Ophelia Marigold and Tom Riddle - Casting Call
Happy for the first time
Fuck you, Dumbledore
I (make) love
Huh? Wha?
Summer
Summer part II
Back to Hogwarts
Act two - Character list
The Knights Of Walpurgis
What?
Hogwarts 1922
Tom's Diary
Grandma Marigold
Pre - Christmas
Help
Lolita
Meet Lolita
Hogwarts
Driving him Crazy
Drought
Mi Amore
In Which Tom Manipulates
Oop, my heart went oop
Jealousy
Happy Birthday, Baby!!!!
Grindelwald
Act 3
The City Of Angels
Call me Ophelia
Marry Me?
Fiance
I just want to feel something
Rehearsal dinner
Wedding day
Month of happiness | Carl
Aftermath
Act 4
Casino
Fuck Off
Piano Man
A blur
Perspectives
Broken
Misery
Dreams
Count Down To I Do
Blood
The Red Devil
Loose Ends
Firsts
Confrontation
This. This is a 'dangerous criminal'?
Nothing Really Matters
✨self destructive tendencies✨
Act 4 Scene 7
Anyone Can Change, I Promise

Mine again.

8.9K 273 490
By Maebelletree

Ophelia was asleep on the couch. Tom had come down the stairs slowly, not to wake her, but he was a little proud of himself for what he had accomplished.

He had managed to get Ophelia Marigold, back into his common room, back into his life, now he wanted her back into his bed.

She was wearing his shirt to sleep. It made sense since she didn't have any of her own clothing there. Tom noticed her entire body was tense. Her face looked so afraid. He stroked her hair and she seemed to relax. She was clutching her left arm as though afraid for it to fall off.

He put his hand on the side of her face and she stirred.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." She muttered, "my arm. I can't I can't hear, it's ringing,"

She looked as though she may burst into tears and Tom couldn't stand it.

"Ophelia wake up." He said, and her eyes were open, searching, her breathing shallow and her eyes scared. She stood up.

Her arms were wrapped around him in an instant, holding him close to her.

"I was so scared I would never see you again, Love. I didn't want the last thing you remembered me for being a fowl memory." She said and he wrapped his arms around her, she was shaking, "It's true what they say you know? About life flashing before your eyes. Like a slideshow."

"It's okay you're okay." He said and then he realized that it was entirely possible that she needed him as much as he needed her.

"But it was all worth it, love, it was all worth it." She muttered, still groggy.

"Why? Why on Earth would you almost dying be worth it?" He asked and she held him tighter.

"We were successful. Think of the good of the group." She said, and he moved to pick her up bridal style, "What are you doing?"

"I don't want you sleeping alone if I can help it." Said Tom, and Ophelia let him carry her to his bed. He set her down and pulled her against him, "I won't try anything." He muttered against her neck she nodded. And held his hand as she was on her side.

They always had fit like two puzzle pieces.

Tom fell asleep quickly, the scent of honey lulling him into a sense of security. He only awoke to the feeling of Ophelia trying to release herself from his grip.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked and she rolled her eyes.

"The bathroom. If that's okay with you of course." She said sarcastically.

He let her go and waited for her to come back. He lifted the covers and she slipped in, this time facing him. She stared at him for a while before speaking, and holding him tighter. Ophelia had missed this too. She liked having someone else in the bed. She liked having him in the bed.

"I was so scared I would never see you again." She said, "There was so much blood. Is that what it's like in London?"

"Sometimes." He replied quietly, her head was against his chest, listening to his heart beat. "What did you see when your life flashed before your eyes?"

"Everything. I saw when I was six and I stole a lady's watch. I saw when my parents cut me off so I could learn how to take care of myself, I saw Christmases, and I saw you a lot of you, Rosie too but she doesn't smell as nice as you do. I saw my family, everyone I love." She said, "I suppose it's meant to be that you see them all a final time as a sort of goodbye. But I didn't want to say goodbye."

"I don't know what I would have done if you had died." He said, holding her tightly.

Her eyes looked into his and she slowly and certainly pressed her lips to his. It was a slow romantic kiss though it quickly grew heated and she was on top of him.

"I love you, I haven't been able to stop." She said, and he felt his heart flutter. He rolled them over and looked at her under him.

"I adore you." He said, kissing down her neck and undoing the shirt.

They moved together in perfect sync, they both needed each other. Tom wanted to know her. Really know her in ways no one else did. If he wasn't in love with her before he most certainly was now.

She hadn't taken him back after that. That would completely tarnish her character arch. But she did talk to him again. She even let him change the patrols so theirs could correlate. He understood that she couldn't just stand by and let him become a monster. That she didn't want herself tied to him in that way. But he knew that staying away would only hurt her too. He just wanted her whatever way she would let him have her.

That was exactly what was going through his head as he fucked her against the wall of an abandoned corridor.

She was moaning and kissing him as he held both her hands above her head with one of his hands.

He could tell she was close when she started getting louder, he kissed her properly, smothering the sound.

He came as she did. He held her between himself and the wall for several moments, coming down from his own high, his forehead pressed against hers. He set her down and noticed how it seemed to pain her to walk. She pulled up her underwear and he zipped up his pants.

"Alright, there Ophelia?" He asked a smug smile on his lips as she scowled half heartedly, her face still flush.

"I'm fine. Are you alright? You seem distant." She said, as she walked beside him, though her hips screamed in protest.

"I was literally just inside you." Said Tom, sliding an arm around her waist.

"I meant emotionally." She said and he smirked down at her.

"It's nothing." Said Tom, and Ophelia decided it was best not to pry.

"I finished Little Women, and I think I like Laurie the best." She said and he looked at her confused.

"Why is that? I thought you wanted to be Amy, Laurie is the boy isn't he?"

"I don't know, I just relate to him. Always off trying to make new friends."

"I suppose." Said Tom, his grip on her waist tightening, pulling her closer ever so slightly. She then went on a tangent about the next book she would read.

He lived for these private moments with her, her moments of weakness, where she didn't care who he was where he was from or what he had done because she was just in love with him.

She was his, and Tom took comfort in that fact.

"Are you alright?" Asked McKenna after they had finished their potion.

"Brilliant, why do you ask?" She asked and Ricky furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's like it hurts you to stand up and you aren't walking properly." He said, and Tom tuned in to hear what lie she would tell.

He knew why she couldn't walk properly and he couldn't even conceal a smug look whenever she winced as she stood up.

"Slept in a funny position that's all." Said Ophelia nonchalantly, "You understand, your neck had that thing."

"I guess," he looked at Ophelia, but she was a good liar, she hated doing is but she was good at it.

"Are you ready to be crushed by Hufflepuff during the next Quidditch game?" She asked excitedly.

"You aren't even on the team." Said Ricky, and Ophelia rolled her eyes.

"Honorary member. I just don't feel like plummeting to my death every other week." Said Ophelia, "Macmillan gave me an honorary membership because I went to many, many of the practices."

"Full of surprises." Said Ricky, as the bell rang. "Are you coming to lunch?"

Primrose was at her desk staring her down, "You go ahead, I think Rosie has something she wants to say to me." Said Ophelia, wincing a little as she stood up.

"Yeah I do." Said Primrose her blue eyes narrowing and as Tom tried to pass she called to him, "Not so fast, Riddle I have something I want to say to you too."

Tom stopped and looked at her, he feigned confusion. Ricky had left the classroom. "What is this about, Halpert?"

"You two follow me." Said Primrose and the pair followed her out of the room, Tom even went so far as to take Ophelia's book bag. Primrose guided them into an abandonned classroom and shut the door. "Sit down."

They sat down next to each other,

"Move one desk apart." Said Primrose and Ophelia, huffed but did as was asked, "You didn't have to do that, you're still in pain from being screwed so hard that you're having trouble walking."

Ophelia turned bright pink.

"Now when I was told you were seeing someone I thought great, awesome, but then I show up in Potions," Said Primrose, "And whenever you wince, Riddle looks like he's just won the lottery, or he's thinking 'a job well done, hazah.' How long?"

"Since Tom was sick." Muttered Ophelia, looking down. Primrose turned to Tom and raised her eyebrows. She knew exactly what he had done. Ophelia may be blinded by love for the dark haired wizard but Primrose was most certainly not.

"Convenient." Said Primrose clicking her tongue, and Ophelia rolled her eyes.

"He didn't make himself sick, Rosie, that would be insane. I however did not want him to be alone in the hospital wing. It is so dreary in there." Said Ophelia, and Tom's face remained blank.

"Honestly, Halpert, who do you think I am?" Asked Tom and Primrose shrugged, and leant back on the teaching desk.

"A future dark lord who would try anything to get back into Lili's life, and then subsequently her pants." Said Primrose, quite flatly. "What exactly is this little relationship?"

"We just spend time together and enjoy ourselves, you said how much happier I seemed." Said Ophelia,

"That was when I thought you were maybe with Ricky, maybe with Macmillan." Said Primrose and Tom stiffened, but Ophelia let out a laugh.

"Really? I think I would tell you if I were with either of them." Said Ophelia, "They both remind me of puppies though so I don't really see that happening."

Tom relaxed a bit.

"Do you see other people? Are the two of you exclusive? Are you back together?" Asked Primrose and Ophelia didn't make any move to confirm or deny.

She looked at Tom and he met her eyes, she looked at him lovingly almost before looking away.

"I don't know." She said.

"Riddle, care to comment?" Asked Primrose.

"I don't see how this is any of your business Halpert." Said Tom, folding his arms over his chest Ophelia shot him a warning look and Primrose scoffed.

"I'm the one who picks up the pieces after you break her heart time and time again. I don't like seeing my best friend in pain, it makes her do things she'll regret. Like you." Spat Primrose,

"I've been doing fine recently." Said Ophelia in defense of herself.

"I don't call planning heists with a Burlington fine. And a museum really? I think you should be aiming a little higher than that." Said Primrose and Tom's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Than the royal museum of Britain? We are trying to be original, not like those people who rob casinos over and over." Said Ophelia, rolling her eyes, "That's what got Charlie thrown in jail."

"We are getting distracted." Said Primrose, "Riddle, I don't like you very much."

"The feeling is mutual, Halpert." Said Tom.

"Good. Now, I don't like that you run a death cult, I don't like that you are the reason Lili got branded, I don't like that you lied to her about it. I don't like that you keep pulling her back in, and I especially don't like that you have had your tongue down several different girls' throats in the past month, and then say that this one is different." Said Primrose.

"You don't understand." Said Tom.

"I also don't like that all I can think to ask you about them is where Brigitte Altwell gets her mascara because it is fabulous." Said Primrose

"I asked, and it's from the back room of madam Malkin's, she said to say that Brigitte sent you and we can get a discount, and not a five finger discount, a real discount." Said Ophelia, and primrose nodded.

"So are you thinking July for a trip."

"I don't know, I think I'm in Madrid in July, we have that big job for the ministry coming up and we don't want to fuck up this sort of tit for tat thing we have going." Said Ophelia and Primrose shrugged. "But the museum would be so cool, I'll tell you more later, I will just say this. Crown Jewels, duplicates."

"Another time then. Riddle, are you in love with Ophelia?" Asked Primrose, TOm did not even think before answering,

"Yes"

"I don't think so. I think you would have abandonned what was it, your horcruxes long ago if you were in love with her." SAid Primrose, "Come now, Lili, we have much to discuss, leave Riddle to his brooding."

"Rosie, I can't leave him like this."

"You aren't his girlfriend, you don't have to take care of him." Said Primrose, rolling her eyes.

"I don't want to leave him here like this." She said, and Tom had to appreciate her loyalty to him. He was not outwardly upset but Ophelia seemed to know him well enough to understand when he was uncomfortable or unhappy.

"Fine, but define the relationship. If you break her heart I will break one of your nuts." Said Primrose, turning to exit the room, "I'll see you at poker, Lili."

"I'll bring snacks, do you want cookies or brownies?" Asked Ophelia, already in the seat next to Tom's.

"Both, darling." Called primrose before finally leaving the room.

"She means well." Said Ophelia, "I can only imagine how Lolita would react. She actually gave me a list of revenge plots, three of them involved castration."

She laughed to herself for a minute before looking at him, the light hit her just right and Tom thought that she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. He wanted her but there were so many ways he could lose her.

"I'm in love with you Ophelia. I want you in my life. No one has loved me before you. I know I hurt you I'm just not good with feelings." Said Tom as her eyes met his, her breath was caught in her throat.

"What do you want from me?" Asked Ophelia, leaning towards him.

"I want you to love me." Said Tom, "That's all."

"That's it?" Ophelia asked, "That's easy." She said nonchalantly, leaning back in her seat, "You wanna go get lunch?"

"Sure." Said Tom, standing up, she went to pick up her bag but he got to it first. "We haven't defined anything have we?"

He and Ophelia were walking out of the room and when she turned around the light hit her so her skin practically glistened and that her eyes had become pools of liquid gold.

"What?" She asked and he shook his head.

"Nevermind." Said Tom, adjusting her book bag on his shoulder.

--

"Ophelia, hi, how are you?" Said Richard McKenna as he did his tie in the mirror that morning, "Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you would like to go to Hogsmeade with me, do you have plans for this weekend?" Ricky turned it over, and tied it, "Ophelia, I have to ask you something will you go on a date with me?"

"McKenna, you're in the friendzone, there is no escape." Called John Lupin from the dorm room,

"No, no, I was just giving her time after her breakup with Riddle. I am not in the friendzone. You should have seen her when I came out of the hospital wing. Like she could shag me right then and there." Said Ricky, finishing with his tie and pulling the jumper over his head. "She just wouldn't stop staring. Not that I minded."

"And what did she do as soon as she found out that Riddle needed her? Rush to his bedside. I heard she spent the night in his dorm. All he had was a fever." Said Lupin waiting for his friend.

"That's just the kind of friendly, lovely, caring, person she is." Said Ricky, as he assembled his bag for school.

"You could not pay me to get into the same room as one of my exes. Well actually there is a lot you could pay me to do for a thousand galleons." Said Lupin thoughtfully, "But watching you crash and burn with Marigold is not one of them."

"I won't crash and burn." Said Ricky, slinging his bag over his shoulder. The two boys walked down the steps to the common room and started for the door. "I told you, potions class, eye fucking me. I even made her laugh so many times, she even fell off my hospital bed. Did I mention she came to see me every day?"

"I saw Riddle carrying her bag for her a week ago, days. The same day you said it looked like her hips hurt." Said Lupin as they walked out of the portrait hole.

"What are you insinuating?" Asked Ricky not wanting to come to the conclusion on his own.

"That they did it. Roughly. Possibly against the wall or the floor during their rounds. You said yourself that he moved them around again." Said Lupin, and Ricky looked down.

"She still has her rounds with me sometimes." Said Ricky.

"Half as much. And can we please talk about how you are going after Riddle's girl. He's terrifying." Said Lupin

"But she likes me I swear, I make her laugh." Said Ricky, "She always touches me, like sh-"

"Took your hand once. Really, Ricky have you ever seen her interact with Halpert, what's her deal by the way."

"She's into Henry."

"Damn. But the younger Marigold is still in love with her ex." Said Lupin,

"But she is looking for a palette cleanser," Said Ricky, "I am far more athletic than he is, she'll have a good time and want to do it again." He nodded and John Lupin rolled his eyes.

"I don't know, I overheard that they had like crazy wild sex. You know with the rumours going around about her, you don't have to do much of the work." Said Lupin,

"Don't talk about her that way. That's another reason she's not together with Riddle right now. He spread those rumours to make himself look better." Said Ricky, shaking his head at the way he heard Slytherins talk about her. He'd never actually seen her cry but he was sure he'd seen the aftermath. Smudged mascara, red eyes, damp sleeves.

"I know, but still you have to wonder." Said John and Ricky hit him from the side lightly. "I'm sorry, but she's gonna shoot you down. Then you'll lose her as a friend and we'll all lose those cookies she makes."

"It's the cinamon, I asked. She always notices things about me like what I do when I'm nervous or what colour brings out my eyes." Said Ricky,

"Again, have you ever seen her interact with Halpert?" Said Lupin

Ophelia and Primrose were practically the poster children for codependent friendships.

"It's different with me." Said Ricky, Lupin shook his head.

"Sure it is. She's more affectionate with Halpert, Desmond even." Said Lupin as they reached the great hall. They sat at the Gryffindor table with the rest of the Quidditch team.

"Awww, are we talking about Marigold the younger again?" Groaned Holly HArpy. "She's hot but she stares at Riddle during class."

"See, you see, Ricky?" Said John and Holly nodded.

"Don't you dare lose her as a friend, I swear those cookies." Said Holly, "And have you seen her in one of those sundresses?"

"Yeah," Said Ricky in a dreamy voice, He looked up as Ophelia walked in with Primrose and they sat down together, they seemed to be having a playful argument.

"And we've lost him." Said Holly, "I wonder how many drinks it takes for her to start snogging witches."

"What?" Asked Ricky

"He's back." Said John and Holly shrugged,

"Every girl has a number, well most, plus at that Christmas Party, she was dancing a little too close to that girl the most gorgeous human to ever exist, She probably likes both." Said Holly as she piled food onto her plate. "Now, I must eat to maintain peak performance."

Holly Harpy was a jock, a real Quidditch player who did it because she genuinely loved the sport and because she wanted to create the first all women's professional Quidditch team. Harpies or something. She had an alliteration name, there was something there.

"Of course, Hol." Said John, "Now, Ricky look at that girl coming in right now. You see Beatrice McKinnon, totally into you and you actually stand a chance because she is not in love with someone else."

"Watch what Marigold does as Riddle walks in." Said Holly looking over to the door, watchig as Tom Riddle practically glided into the room.

Ophelia looked up and made eye contact with Tom and Rick watched in disdain as she blushed and looked away. Why couldn't Ophelia see just how terrible Riddle was to her? How he had dragged her name through the mud after they had separated. Ricky would never treat her that way. He would open doors and make her laugh. That was the thing. Ophelia was always making Tom happy, at least that was how Ricky saw it.

Ophelia Marigold deserved someone who would make her happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 3.2K 28
you choke me and i can suddenly breathe. tom riddle x oc wattpad 2020 a story by @sixofghosts
48.9K 1.3K 18
you taught me what real love is ... Hermione x OC reader :)
1.6K 64 30
in which, eliza montgomery accidentally fell for the only person who couldn't love her back. || sunshine oc x tom riddle || (details inside)
48.4K 1.2K 17
This...this girl was special. Femharry x Tom Riddle