Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

88

4.4K 141 3
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"Hello Audrey." JP Dellacamera says as Balto and I walk into a conference room

"Hey JP." I say then I shake his and Aly Wagner's hand.

Tonight is the night before the first game of the World Cup which is our game against Australia. Before we are released to have dinner on our own, some of us are doing media stuff with different broadcasters and I'm doing an interview with Fox Sports

"How are you?" Aly asks.

"Ready for tomorrow." I say as Balto sits at my feet.

"You know I don't think we've ever been this close to Balto." JP says.

"Really?" I question. "I guess I never have done one of these before."

"That is kinda weird." Aly says then I look down at Balto.

"Secouer Balto." I say then my dog smiles up at the Fox commentators and raises his paw.

"Well hello to you too." Aly says as she shakes Balto's paw then JP Shakes Balto's paw.

"Was that French?" JP asks as everyone sits down.

"Yeah." I say. "Apparently he only knows French commands."

"Huh." JP says. "That's a kinda odd.

"A bit." I say.

"You ready to get started?" JP asks and I nod.

"What is your goal for this World Cup?" Aly Wagner asks. "Besides winning."

"I want to put my self in as best position as possible to one-day be the all time top goal scorer in the World Cup."

"Does that mean you want to also beat Christine Sinclair's record."

"Yes." I say. "I want at least 195 goals in international play."

"Has your approach to life on the national team on and off the field changed since you became one of the captains?" JP asks.

"No." I say. "I'm always going to be who I am and an armband won't change that."

"I don't know if you know how many goals you've scored for the national team..."Aly says, but I cut her off.

"80." I say.

"Do you know how many goals you scored in each game?" JP Asks.

"3, 0, 2, 4, 3, 1..." I say then I continue to list however many goals I scored in each of my 70 caps.

"Wow." Aly says as she looks at a paper. "That's exactly correct."

"Do you remember every goal?" JP asks. "Like the build up to each goal?"

"Yes." I say.

"So if I were to ask you to explain your first goal against Canada in the Olympics you could?"

"Canada had a goal kick, but the ball went to Crystal. Crystal ran with the ball up field while I drifted into space. Crystal saw my run so she crossed the ball into the space then I ran towards the area it was going to drop. The ball fell a little bit in front of me so I dove for it and got my head onto the ball. Labbé came off her line to grab the ball, but she misjudged it so my header lobbed her and pulled us within 2 goals of Canada."

"Wow...Does it shock you that you have that 80 goals in only 70 caps?"

"No." I say. "After my 70th game in college I had scored 115 goals. I've just been lucky to be on the end of some amazing passes from my teammates and I'm lucky I haven't missed too many games with injuries...to be honest I could probably have more if I didn't go through that dry spell of games without a goal."

"Well then." Aly Wagner says. "How are you feeling about Australia tomorrow?"

Aly, JP, and I talk about the upcoming game for the rest of the interview.

After the interview is over I shake hands with everyone then Balto and I head to the conference room where the team is chilling. Once in the conference room I stand by the door then look at my Mom's wife.

"MAMA." I shout.

"Yes Audrey?" Mama says.

"Your daughter would like to get food now." I say.

"Alright." Mama says and chuckles.

Mama grabs her stuff before the two of us leave the room and the hotel then the two of us walk down the street to the place we're meeting Mom, Chase, Athena, and Daan for dinner.

Daan and the Dutch play their first game at the LA Coliseum so luckily she didn't travel too far to come to dinner.

When we get to the dinner place Mama tells the hostess the name the reservation is under then we walk to where the hostess says our family is sitting

"Hi guys." Mama says as we get to our table.

"Mama." Athena and Chase say then they hug Mama.

"Well I guess I'm just chopped liver." I say then I hug my Mom. "Hi Mom."

"Hi babygirl." Mom says then she kisses my head.

Mom and I hug a little bit longer before I hug Athena and Chase then I sit down next to the most beautiful women in the world.

"Hi Audi." Daan says before we kiss.

"Hey." I say with a smile as a waiter comes over.

The waiter takes everyone's orders then he leaves.

We come to this specific restaurant everytime I'm in LA. 

"Daan who's your first game against?" Mom asks.

"We play China in the LA Coliseum." My girlfriend says.

"Are you going to the game tomorrow?" Mama asks.

"We have tomorrow off so thankfully I am." Daan says with a smile.

"So what jersey are you two wearing tomorrow?" I question as I point to the twins.

"Mama's." The twins say in unison.

"That way it's even." Chase says.

"Two of us are wearing Mama's jersey and two of us are wearing your jersey."

"Who's the second person wearing Audrey's jersey?" Mama ask.

"Me Kels." Mom says.

"Oh yeah." Kelley says. "Geez I need to get more sleep tonight."

"Please do." I say then I look at Athena. "So Athena..."

"Yes?" Athena questions.

"How's Matthew?"

- - - - -

"What the fuck is wrong with all of you?" I say as I stand In front of the team as halftime winds down. "You act like you've never been down in a game before."

Nobody says anything so I continue my rant.

"Who cares that we're down 2-0? Who cares that we're down 2-0 to Australia? Who cares that we're down 2-0 to Australia in the opening match of the World Cup?" I question. "I mean I don't care and I thought we were better than this, but I guess not. I guess we're gonna roll over and let Australia run all over us."

Nobody says anything again so I roll my eyes and look at my dog.

"Let's go Balto." I say.

My dog and I walk out of the locker room, down the tunnel, and onto the pitch. Once on the pitch I lead Balto down to the end of the bench.

"Stay here Balto." I say then Balto barks.

I pet Balto for a moment then I head onto the field.

Once on the field I realize I'm the only one on the field for either team so I look around for a ball.

"REF." I shout when I notice she has the ball then the ref looks at me. "BALL PLEASE."

The ref kicks the ball to me then I juggle with it until I hear the Australian fans so I look up and see Mackenzie Arnold jogging towards her goal. A second later both teams come out onto the pitch so I set the ball down on the center spot then I head to my position.

Once everyone is in position, Australia kick off the second half then my teammates and I get down to work.

In the 55th minute Australia gets a corner so one of their players runs over to take it. I, on the other hand, wait up field with two of the defenders.

After the ref blows her whistle some Australian crosses the ball into the box, but it misses her intended target so Abby boots it out of the box. Alex is the first one to get to it so I take off upfield with a defender following me. Alex sees my run so she passes the ball towards me.

Once the ball reaches me I run directly at the woman who used me to get over her ex. When I get to Alanna Kennedy I do everything in my power to make her look silly then eventually I do a skill that causes the Australian to fall to the ground.

"Bitch." I say right before I fire the ball towards net.

I watch as the ball flies past Arnold's outstretched glove and into the back of the net making the score 2-1 to Australia.

Once the ball hits the back of the net, I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I grab the ball and head back upfield. When I get to midfield I put the ball down, high five a few of the girls then get ready for the restart.

"GO AUDREY." I hear my Mom yell making me smile as Australia restart the game.

In the 70th minute, Australia has a goal kick Arnold sends the ball upfield towards Sam, but Julie out jumps Her old teammate and heads it up to Christen. As the ball rolls to Christen I make a run up field into open space then Christen slides the ball into my path. I sprint towards goal while looking up and I see Kelley open so I slide her the ball and continue my run.

Instead of passing back to me, Kelley takes a shot that's easily blocked out for a throw in.

"DAMMIT KELLEY." I shout then I turn around and look at said right back. "I'M WIDE OPEN. PASS THE FUCKING BALL."

I don't give Kelley time to respond since I jog towards my position and wait for the throw in.

Kelley eventually throws the ball into to Christen then she runs up field. Christen turns towards goal then she launches the ball into the box and straight at me.

When I realize the ball is going to end up behind me I run through my options in my head

"Fuck it." I mumble then I put my back to goal.

Right before the ball gets to me I swing my leg up at the area the ball will be in which causes me to fall backwards.

As I fall back, my foot connects with the ball then, as I continue to fall backwards, I watch as the ball rifles into the top corner.

"Holy shit." I mumble when I realize I just scored a bicycle kick to make the score at 2-2

"HOLY FUCK." Christen shouts.

Christen pulls me up to my feet and hugs me then she and the rest of the team run back upfield.

As we head back upfield I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I grab the ball and head back upfield. When I get to midfield I put the ball down, high five a few of the girls then get ready for the restart.

"THAT'S MY GIRL." I hear Daan yell making me smile as Australia restart the game again.

Thought the rest of the match we peeper the Australian goal, but nothing goes in. 

In the 89th minute Australia have another free kick and the only reason Arnold doesn't time waste is because she got a yellow card a few minutes before.

Right before the ref card's her again, Arnold sends the ball up field, but Julie cuts out the pass. Julie then runs with the ball upfield while I move around and try to find space. Eventually I do find space so Julie boots the ball towards me.

When the ball gets to me, I chest it towards my left then I turn around and volley the ball towards goal from around 35 yards out. I then watch as the ball flies past Arnold's outstretched glove and into the back of the net making the score 3-2 to us.

After the ball hits the net I take my jersey off, throw it somewhere, kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist, then I run towards the Australian fans. Once I have space I do Sam Kerr's "signature" flip celebration, but I added another flip onto it so mine's better.

The moment I land on my feet, I'm tackled to the ground by my teammates.

"WHAT THE FUCK AUDREY." Tobin shouts.

The rest of the shouts are mumbled together so I have no clue what anyone is saying.

Eventually everyone gets off so I stand up then I'm passed around for hugs.

After the hugs are over, I head to the bench and hug everyone then I return to the field just as Australia is restarting the game.

Two seconds after Australia kicks off the full time whistle blows meaning we are on top of the group with three points and a plus one goal differential.

After the whistle blows I celebrate with my teammates before I walk over to the refs, shake their hands, then I grab the match ball. Once I have the match ball I run over to the friends and family section.

"AUDREY." Athena shouts as I get to the divider.

"Hi." I say then I hug my brother and sister.

"Well Damn." Mom says then she hugs. "A hat trick on your World Cup debut.

"That first half was shit." I mumble.

"Yes it was." Mom says then she pulls back from the hug and cups my face. "But forget about that. You just scored two of the most amazing goals I've ever seen so take all of this in then get back to work tomorrow."

I nod then I'm pulled into a very heated kiss by my girlfriend.

"Well hello to you too." I say then I hug my girl.

"That was hot." Daan whispers.

"Oh was it now?" I question.

"Mhmm." Daan says. "And I'll show you how hot it was later."

Well it's a good thing I have my room to myself.

"AUDREY THEY NEED YOU FOR MEDIA." Alex shouts.

"Bye everyone." I say then I hug my family and girlfriend before I head into the tunnel.

Once in the tunnel I head to the media room then I sit down behind my name plate, which is in between Julie and Christen.

"Whenever your ready we can start." The FIFA press lady says.

"Audrey in the pre-game you didn't shake Megan Rapinoe's hand." One reporter says. "Why was that?"

Megan brought out the World Cup trophy as part of the pre match stuff then she shook everyone's hands, but I kept my hands behind my back.

"Seriously?" I question. "I think we've been over this enough to know the answer to that question."

"Julie you ladies looked almost defeated walking into the locker room at halftime." A reporter says. "What caused your team to come out with such passion in the second half?"

Julie and Christen chuckle then they look at me.

"You can all thank her for that." Julie says as she points at me. "Audrey ripped us a new one. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 4.8K 40
Uswnt oneshots with Y/n reader.
103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
Rush By Alex

Fanfiction

247K 8.3K 50
Stella has been working for to achieve her dream for 20 years, but not all of her family are supportive of her dream. How will Stella landing her dre...
776K 22.9K 42
Y/n Grant is called up by Jill Ellis to be the starting Goal keeper for the 2019 World Cup. At first, the team isn't a huge fan of the cocky player...