The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

By adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... More

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part One
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Shots
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Happy Birthday.
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
House of The Rising Sun
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Crescent City
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Red String
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

The Departed

8.4K 284 97
By adbaez

Elijah got Regulus from Mrs. Hayes, taking the child into their home, and Reggie immediately sprinted up the stairs as he found his sister in his room. "Mama!" Reggie threw his arms around her, and Andy groaned, hugging Regulus against her chest as she pulled him into her lap.

"Hello, laddie."

Reggie looked around, suddenly noticing the suitcases and piles of clothes, as he looked up at her in confusion. "What's going on?" He breathed, and Andy gave him a tight smile, running a hand through his hair as she pressed a kiss to his head. "We, are going to take a trip." She stated, and Reggie beamed in excitement.

"Where?"

"I'm not sure yet, but we'll be meeting up with the twins in New York for a bit." Andy breathed, laughing as Reggie cheered, before she lifted him onto his feet. "Here. That one is your suitcase, so pack a few toys and your tablet, okay?" Once Regulus nodded in understanding, Andromeda stood up, moving to her own room across the hall.

That was where Elijah found her, packing her things, and her Original came up from behind her as Elijah pulled her against his chest. "How are you feeling?" He murmured into her hair, and Andy just made a noise of dismissal. "Like I was tortured for hours, watched your brother, and my friend, temporarily die, and was left alone in that mansion by the man who blames you for stealing me away."

At the last part, Elijah growled in anger, and Andromeda sighed as she leaned her head back against his chest. "I can't make any more excuses for him, if Damon does one more thing, I won't stop you from killing him. It will hurt me, but...I'll get over it." She whispered, shutting her eyes as Elijah laid a kiss against her forehead, before turning her around to look up at him.

"That Salvatore won't be allowed near you to try anything else."

Elijah kissed her firmly, and Andy sighed as she melted into his lips. "We will take back my brother, and we will run." He stated firmly, and Andy blinked up at him as she gave him a sad smile. "I thought you would be tired of running." She breathed, and Elijah cupped her cheek as he looked at her intently.

"A few decades is nothing, compared to the thousand years we ran from our father. Once Elena lives out her life as a human, Alaric will be dead."

"Or, we can just turn her into a bloody vampire..." Elijah gave her a look, and Andy just rolled her eyes, stepping away. "You truly give Elena too much credit. Half of the situations that have occurred are because Elena simply couldn't keep her nose out of things that did not concern her. She is in love with vampires, she will eventually have to bloody choose." Andromeda stated firmly, and her Original just shook his head, reaching out to pull her back into his hold.

"Be that as it may, it is not our choice to make."

"Please, Elijah, we would just be speeding the inevitable." She huffed, turning away from him as Andy moved to zip her suitcase shut. The elemental paused for a moment, reaching out for the small box on her nightstand. Andy hesitated, but handed it to Elijah as he looked to her curiously. "Those are for you." Her Original opened it, seeing photographs and envelopes addressed to him; when Elijah looked up at her in confusion, Andromeda flushed as she fisted her hands in front of her.

"When you were last daggered...I wrote you letters. Nearly everyday that you were gone, and took photos to share with you. I didn't want you to miss a single moment."

Elijah lifted one of the many photographs, seeing that it was a picture of Regulus and Andromeda on the child's birthday. Reggie was blowing out the candles on his Star War's cake, and Andy knelt besides him, cerulean eyes staring up at his small face as she smiled warmly. "I love it." Elijah breathed, setting the box down on the bed, pulling Andromeda into his arms for a hug. She hugged him back tightly, and Elijah kissed her hair.

"We will get through this. Together."

Once they were done packing their bags, Elijah carried them into her car, and Andromeda lifted a tired Regulus into her arms as they left the house. Her Original drove them to the Gilbert's, and Andy held a sleeping Reggie against her chest, as Elijah stood in front of the doorway.

"Elijah." Stefan breathed, and her Original looked to him with a nod of acknowledgement. "Hello again." Elijah greeted, and Elena quickly stepped aside as Andy entered with Reggie. "Andy, are you..." The doppelganger breathed, and Andy nodded, giving her a small smile.

"I'm fine. Thanks."

Andromeda smiled at Matt, the blonde moving forward to pull her into a hug, squeezing her with Reggie in between them before Andy set the child down to rest on the couch. "We have things to discuss." Elijah declared, and Elena nodded nervously, Stefan pulling her away as they led them towards the kitchen table and Elijah pulled Andromeda into his side as she glared at the Salvatore.

"All we need is to get that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth. And Alaric will follow us. "

They all sat around the table, Elena sitting across from Elijah, Andy besides him as Stefan stood standing and Matt leaned across the kitchen counter. "And you'll just...run." Stefan responded, moving to take a seat, and Andromeda squeezed Elijah's hand as her Original replied. "We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent a better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

"We finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back."

Andromeda straightened at that, glaring at the doppelganger, and Elijah squeezed her hand but she ripped it away. "Nik is their brother, Elena. You don't get to have a say on what we do with him, just be grateful that we are disappearing." Andy stated firmly, and Elena shot her a look of disbelief.

"And, what? You're just going with them-"

"Unlike you, I don't have a problem choosing. I choose Elijah, I will always choose Elijah and our family. Nik is apart of that." Andromeda shot back, and Elijah pressed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it meaningfully as he turned to Elena. "I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus-" Andy's eyes shot towards him in disbelief, opening her mouth in protest.

"Elijah-"

"Within yours, nor even your children's lifetimes."

"Elijah!" His brown orbs snapped to hers, and Andromeda shook her head as he continued, Elijah speaking directly to her. "Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners." Andy scoffed, and Elijah shot her a look, the other's watching their exchange in wonder before Matt spoke up.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over."

"I'm sorry, and Elena's been innocent this entire time?" Andromeda swiftly countered, glaring at her friend. "Elena helped Damon and Stefan dagger Elijah, the second time, when he was willing to strike her another deal. She stabbed Rebekah in the back with a dagger, when Bekah was willing to help them go against Klaus."

Andy ignored Elijah, raising her hand as he made a move to speak. "You have crossed our family multiple times, if Elijah or even myself, wanted you dead, then you would be the second we walked through that door." Matt stared at her in disbelief, but Andromeda ignored him as she stared at the doppelganger.

"So, Elena," Elijah finally spoke up, straightening in his chair besides Andy, as he looked to the doppelganger. "I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust us or not."

"Not! Hello!"

Andromeda rolled her eyes as Damon's voice sounded from the phone that laid on the table, it was set on speaker so the older Salvatore could be included. "Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" He protested, and Andy leaned forward so he could hear her.

"Or, I'll kill her my fucking self for that stunt you pulled. Try me, Damon."

Elijah placed a hand on her shoulder, pulling her back into her seat as he fixed her with a stern look, and Andromeda ignored it. She was too angry, as was Elijah, but he had far better control than her. "Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus's body to us...Elena will come to no harm." He insisted, and Andy pressed her face into her palms in frustration.

Elijah was truly trying to bargain with them, trying to handle this civilly, and Andromeda was ready to burn the fucking house down.

"Do we have a deal?"

Damon protested over the phone, and they all ignored him as Stefan looked to Elena, letting her know that it was her decision. "Why do you want Klaus's body?" She questioned, and Andromeda gave her a look of absolute disbelief. "Have you not been listening to a single word- MMPH!" Elijah finally had enough, placing a palm over her mouth, the other to the back of her head as he held her still, and Andy narrowed her eyes at him as she fought with herself not to burn him.

"He's my brother. We remain together."

Elena sighed, finally agreeing with Elijah, and when her Original let Andy go, she slapped his hands away with a glare as she stood up. They continued to discuss details and Andromeda moved away, Matt following after her. "Princess, you can't just leave!" He protested, as Andy made to lift Regulus's sleeping form into her arms, and she gave him a sad smile.

"Matty, there's nothing left for me here-"

"Yes, there is! I'm here, Bonnie's here, Caroline and Tyler-"

"Matt." Andromeda stepped forward, holding Reggie with one arm as she placed her other hand on his shoulder. "I lost my mom. My dad died barely a month ago. Alaric would use me against Elijah, and other than Caroline, I truly don't have anyone else here, Matt." She took a deep breath, squeezing his shoulder, as Andy stared intently into his blue eyes.

"I have a family now. More than I had before. I have safe houses all over the world, and my older siblings will take care of us. Elijah will take care of us." Andy gave him a sad smile, lifting her hand to cup his cheek, then shrugged.

"We'll be okay. Don't worry."

Matt pulled Andromeda into a hug, and Andy squeezed him back just as tightly. Regulus grumbled in his sleep as he was squished in between them, and they both laughed, before Matt stepped away. "Take care of yourself. Please." Matt breathed, and Andy gave him a warm smile.

"I will."

Jeremy called Alaric, he gave the vampire fake directions of where Nik's body was being taken, and they all listened intently as he spoke. Once Jeremy said that he bought it, everyone nodded, looking at each other before Elijah turned to Andy who stood away from them. "Andromeda." Elijah called out to her, reaching out for Regulus as he lifted the child into his own arms, before wrapping an arm around Andy's waist as he led them towards the door.

Elijah strapped Reggie into his car seat, Andy climbing into the passenger side as her Original sped to the driver's seat, before her phone rang. "Caroline, what is it?" She answered hurriedly, her best friend speaking frantically into the speaker.

"Alaric outed us to the council. Our moms want Tyler and us to run, but-"

"Caroline, run. Grab what you can, climb into your car, and go." Andromeda stated firmly, Care tried to protest, but her best friend shot her down. "Caroline Elizabeth Forbes, your life is worth so much more than anyone else in this bloody town. The Salvatore's will take care of themselves, Elena and the others are human, worry about yourself for once."

"Andy, I can't just-"

"Yes. Yes, you can, and you will. I am already leaving Care-Bear, you and Tyler can meet us in New York, the twins are already waiting for us there." Andromeda insisted, and Caroline sighed, but agreed. "I'm going to still try and help, but Tyler is going to get our things ready before we meet at the cell in two hours. Once we're on the road, I will call you."

"Caroline, please be careful."

"You too, princess." She hung up, and Andy turned to face Elijah as he started the car. "Are you ready?" He asked her, and Andromeda gave him a small smile, but nodded. "I will go anywhere with you." She breathed, and Elijah reached out his right hand to squeeze her thigh in reassurance.

"Rebekah is on her way to fetch our brother, we are going to meet her, before we drive to New York. You should get some rest."

"I don't know if I can..."

"Try. You have been through a rough day." Elijah insisted, shooting her a small smile, before focusing back on the dark road. "Sleep, Andromeda." He instructed, and Andy frowned, but nodded. The elemental laid her head back, resting it against the headrest, and was gone the moment her eyes shut. Elijah chuckled as he looked at her, before focusing on the road ahead.

Elijah drove for about an hour, before he received a frantic phone call from Rebekah. "Elijah, Alaric's here." She whispered into the phone, and the Original's eyes widened. "I am on my way, get our brother out of there." He growled, pressing down on the gas, and Andromeda woke up as she was pressed into the passenger seat.

"'Lijah.."

"Alaric knows that we lied, he is looking for Niklaus." Elijah replied, and Andy straightened with a gasp. "No. Oh no, no, no." She panicked, and Elijah reached out a hand to squeeze her thigh. "Hush." He murmured, looking meaningfully back at Regulus, who was still asleep. "We are almost there." Her Original reassured, pressing further on the gas, and Andy braced herself as she sat back.

When they got close enough, Andromeda and Elijah hopped out of the car, sprinting forwards as Rebekah appeared and she sped into her brother's arms. The blonde was sobbing, and Andy felt her heart sink as she cried. Andromeda felt her heart break, tears coming out of her eyes unbidden, and she wanted to collapse.

Nik was dead. That meant Tyler would die. Damon would die. Caroline was going to fucking die.

Her phone rang, and at seeing it was Damon, Andy hurriedly pressed it to her ear. "Please, please tell me you haven't coughed up a damn lung?" She breathed into the phone, and she heard Damon laugh.

"Not yet, princess. There's still a chance that Klaus was lying."

"No, Damon. He wasn't." Andromeda let out a sob, pressing a fist against her mouth, before she continued. "It wasn't Elijah or Rebekah, and Kol told me that it wasn't him. It had to be Nik."

"Well, in that case I guess I should say my goodbyes, huh?"

"Damon-"

"No, no, baby. Let me say this." Damon took a deep breath, before he spoke to her, and Andromeda felt more tears fall at how broken his voice sounded. "You didn't come into my life, I crashed into yours. You were someone who was so selfless, and didn't judge me not once, not even when my humanity was off. When it turned back on, you were there for me, in a way that no one had ever been before, and it scared the shit out of me."

Andy let out a small laugh, before the older Salvatore continued.

"I fell in love with you. I did, and I was so terrified of that. I was scared that I would hurt you, and so I projected myself onto Elena, and just hurt you anyways. Princess, you changed me. I didn't have to pretend to be the good guy, in your eyes, I always was. And that scared me, because I felt as though I couldn't measure up. You were someone so inherently good, so beautiful, and so caring, and I knew you deserved someone better than me.

"Elijah...Elijah is better. Unlike me, he came in and knew immediately that he wanted you. And while I hated him for taking you away, I hated myself more because I pushed you away. Even before I realized how much I genuinely loved you, and was willing to try, you had already made the choice for me. You were never one to compete, you told me that, and I should have listened.

"What I'm trying to say is, while I can admit that I love Elena, before her I only loved you. I love you, and I am sorry that I couldn't measure up to be the man you needed. The man that Elijah is. He makes you happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't see that sooner."

Andromeda had tears streaming down her cheeks, cerulean eyes staring at Elijah as he stood in front of her, listening as Damon spoke. "I hurt you, and I'm sorry. I won't ask for you to forgive me,-"

"You're forgiven." Andy interrupted, swallowing the scream that was building in her chest. "You were already forgiven, you idiot."

"Yeah, well, I had to say it anyways." Andromeda let a small laugh escape her, and Damon smiled sadly, listening to her fight back sobs over the phone. "I love you, baby. So much. Even if you don't love me that way anymore."

"Goodbye, princess."

Damon hung up, and Andromeda let the phone slip between her fingers, falling towards the ground as Elijah slowly stepped forwards. "Andromeda..." He breathed, reaching out a hand towards her, and Andy didn't move. "I just lost everyone." She whispered, and Elijah reached out a hand to cup her cheek.

"Elskan."

"Elijah, I just lost everyone! I can't-I can't even.." Andromeda broke down into sobs, Elijah quickly reaching out to catch her as her knees gave up on her, and she cried into his chest as he held her tight. "I can't do this, I cannot live like this!" She wailed, and Elijah swept her into his arms, the phone began to ring again and Andy struggled against his hold.

"W-wait-" She cried, grabbing the phone from the ground, and hurriedly pressing it to her ear. "Andy.." Caroline's broke voice filled the speaker, and the elemental held on tightly to her Original as he supported her.

"I-it's Tyler...he-"

Her best friend broke into sobs, and Andromeda squeezed her eyes shut as another wail tore from her throat, Elijah holding her tightly against his chest. He fought back his own tears whilst supporting his love.

"I-I don't feel anything. I don't understand-"

"Caroline, no one else turned your bloodline. It had to be Nik." Andy sobbed, and her best friend let a bitter laugh escape her. "I don't understand any of this, but princess, I love you."

"Caroline, no-"

"You, are going to be happy. You are going to live a long beautiful life with Elijah and Reggie, and get married, and find a spell that lets you pop out some babies." They both laughed tearfully, before Caroline continued. "You are going to go to that house in Mykonos, and you are going to be fucking happy. Because, you deserve it."

"If everything works out, I'll see you soon."

"I love you, Care-Bear." Andy sobbed, and her best friend smiled. "I love you." She hung up, and Elijah took the phone away, Andromeda sobbing loudly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he lifted her into his arms. Elijah sped them into the car, Regulus was still asleep, and Andromeda tried to smother her cries as Elijah held her in his lap. Rebekah leaned against the car, also crying, and Elijah held out a hand to his sister as he looked up at her tearfully.

"Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived. You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline."

"I thought he did." Bekah replied, and Andy sat up, looking between them as Elijah replied. "It wasn't me, it wasn't Kol." Rebekah shook her head, squeezing his hand, and Andromeda also reached out to place her hand over theirs. "It wasn't me, Elijah. It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it." Bekah insisted, and Andy bit her lip in confusion.

"Then, how are they still alive?"

"Bonnie was with Nik before Alaric got there?" Andy spoke up, and they both turned to her, Elijah nodding. "Perhaps she did something, a spell." She breathed, and Elijah pressed his lips together in a thin line, before nodding. "Possibly." He turned to Rebekah, moving Andy to sit in the passenger's seat.

"We have to keep moving. It's still dark, Alaric will be coming after us."

"What?" Rebekah questioned, and even Andy looked up at him in disbelief. "I don't want to run anymore, Elijah."

"Rebekah. We must." Elijah stated firmly, but Bekah shook her head, backing away as she stared at them. "You may have made a deal with Elena, but that deal is off now that our brother is dead."

"Rebekah-"

"No, Elijah! If it means that we finally get to enjoy our lives as we wish, then I will kill her." The blonde Original stated firmly, before speeding away, and Elijah snarled loudly before turning to Andromeda. He strapped her in, shutting her car door shut, before getting back into the driver's seat and Andy looked to him in confusion.

"Where are we going?"

"New York. The twins will still be waiting for us."

"Elijah-"

"Elskan, I am not taking you back into that town." Elijah stated firmly, turning to face her with a look that brooked no arguments. "Regardless if Rebekah killing Elena solves our hunter problem, the Council will still be after us, and I am not risking you or Regulus."

"But, Rebekah-"

"Rebekah can handle herself, but not you." Her Original breathed, putting the car into drive, before continuing on their way. "I suggest you get some sleep. We will be in New York by morning." Andromeda slowly nodded in understanding, checking the backseat to make sure Regulus was still resting peacefully.

"I promise you, Andromeda, no one will harm our family."

*********************************************

Comment and vote what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 46.7K 45
Who would of ever thought that Klaus Mikaelson was capable of friendship? Unlikely. And with a Salvatore? Even more unlikely. But as it seems h...
1.5M 29K 31
❝How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you... And longer if I can...❞ ⬖ ⬖ ⬖ Mia Salvatore's life just got a little more complicated...
281K 4.6K 47
What if Damon and Stefan had a younger brother?... Meet the brother who has a charm and attitude like his older brother Damon , but the courage of hi...
220K 7.7K 48
Sneakpeek- "Hello, love. I believe we have much to talk about." I met the eyes of a certain blonde hybrid. I narrowed my eyes at him accusingly. I ha...