Living Affair

By Missnellywrites

Book Two of the Living Vicariously series. It's two years later since Montana and Kacey have been married. Tw... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
fifty
II/01
II/02
II/03
II/04
II/05
II/06
II/07
II/08
II/09
II/10
II/11
II/12
II/13
II/14
II/15
II/16
II/17

forty nine

4.2K 237 106
By Missnellywrites

Kacey walked into her boutique K&T as she got a couple stares from her staff and the customers there. She ignored all the stares as she headed to the back, where her office was.

She sat down at her desk as she took a deep breath. She didn't have any makeup on which had her swole eye on display for everyone to see. She didn't care about any of the stares from everyone because they don't know what happened and she didn't plan on telling them.

It's been two days since her and Montana's big argument. He didn't come home and she could careless where he was at this point. The only thing she wanted from him was to agree on getting the divorce. She had came to the conclusion that they are not in a good place and never were. She knew what she said about Brandon was not the right way to go about the situation, but never did it give him the rights to hit her.

She and Montana have had bad arguments but this one was different and it was the last straw for her. She loved Montana and that would never change, but she loved herself too.

Getting herself together, she walked back out to the front. As she walked out, she spotted one of her workers Lola talking to a woman. Kacey couldn't see who it was since their back was turned to her.

"Oh, she's right over there." Lola pointed towards Kacey.

Kacey squinted her eyes standing by the register as she watched the unknown person turn around. She frowned as soon as they turned around. This was the last person she was expecting to see.

"You're real brave showing up to my job." Kacey commented as the girl walked up to her with a smirk.

"I mean they said you had the best service out here, so you know I had to come see for myself." She fakes a gasp as she notices Kacey eye. "Don't tell me he's beating on you now. Trouble in paradise?..."

"Ashley, get the fuck out."

"Oop...that is no way to speak to a paying customer. I would hate to have to send in a complaint, or maybe cause a scene." A wide smile covers her face.

"So why were you looking for me? Do I have something for you?"

"Well, I needed some help." Ashley puts on a smile. In a honesty all Kacey wanted to do was punch her in the face. She hadn't seen this girl in a long time and she would of liked if it would of stayed that way.

"There are workers all around the store that can help." Kacey folded her arms across her breast as she gave Ashley a blank expression.

"Well, I wanted your help. This is your store, I'm sure you'll be good at helping me with the clothing I'm looking for."

"Like I said before, there are workers that can help yo dumb ass out. Im busy at the moment."

"I said, I need some help from you!" She raised her voice, as Kacey looked around seeing that people were looking their way. "Can you help me, Kacey?"

"Alright." She took a deep breath as she followed Ashley. She didn't have time to catch a charge over someone as irrelevant as Ashley. Ashley was in her store spending money on her things. She probably thought she was doing something but all she was doing was putting money into Kacey's pockets...If she could afford anything in the store.

Ashley stopped in front of a clothing racket that displayed Custom bomber jackets. Kacey stood in annoyance as she watched Ashley look through the jackets. "These are some real ugly jackets." She looked up at Kacey with a look of disgust.

"I would see how you would say that. You're used to wearing shit your mother gave you from the fifty's." Ashley rolled her eyes as Kacey flashed her a smile.

"Do you have this in a darker color?" She held up a light blue bomber with the words NYC written on it.

"Whatever you see there are all the colors, don't you think if I did, the colors would be up there?"Kacey rolled her eyes, "I...just want you to give me a reason why I shouldn't punch you in your shit?"

"Because," Ashley flip her curly mane over her shoulder looking at Kacey. "I'll press charges."

"I have a good lawyer." Kacey smirks. "What are you really here for? Cause I know for a fact you didn't come to buy anything. I don't know why security didn't stop you from coming in here, knowing we don't allow pets."

"You think you're so funny." Ashley comment as Kacey shrugs. "I've been trying to get in touch with Tiara but her phone number does not work and she blocked me on all her social media's."

"I'm sure if she was here she would definitely not want to have anything to do with you're trifling ass."

"I had a problem with you me and her were cool."

"Bitch, any problem you have with me is a problem with her. So you need to move around."

"Well where is she? I came here to see her. I thought she worked here too."

Kacey took a deep breath pinching the bridge of her nose before she looked back at Ashley."She died and now I want you to leave. So in five minutes when I walk away if you're still standing here. I will personally escort you out for stealing." And with that Kacey walked away from her with a smirk on her face.

She sees Cassandra and walks over to the register. "Everything okay?"

"Yes, everything is fine." Kacey responds as Cassandra watches her go into the register. She looks at Kacey noticing her eye.

"What happened to your eye?" She asked concerned. Kacey froze as she thought of the quickest lie she could, hoping it would sound believable. She definitely didn't want anyone in her business even though she trusted Cassandra, since she never gave her any reason not too.

"Oh," She closes the register placing a hand on her hip, "I was playing with Major with his cars and he exactly threw it and it hit me pretty hard." Kacey chuckled, "Let's just say he has a good aim."

"A toy car can give you a black eye like that?" Cassandra asks, with a raised eyebrow. She wasn't stupid and it definitely couldn't be from a toy car. Her little brother one time hit her with his car but it didn't give her nothing but a slight scratch.

"Um, yeah. You're looking at it. From any kind of hard impact actually can give you a black eye." Kacey chuckles nervously as Cassandra wasn't convinced.

"Are you sure?" Cassandra squinted her eyes with her head tilting. She wasn't believing Kacey one bit. She didn't take Montana as the abusive type but men were good at hiding their true colors.

"Yes!" Kacey exclaimed. "What are you tryna Imply?"

"Nothing at all."

"Alright, then." Kacey flashes a quick smile before she walks away.

*****

Once Ten o'clock hit, Kacey was on her way home to her kids. She spent time talking with her mom because she walked her out. Major was busy downstairs in the living room watching tv, since he didn't want to go upstairs with his mom.

Kacey sat on her bed with Kaija in her lap as she typed on her laptop. She adjusted the glasses on her face before leaning down to kiss her daughter. Hearing the door open, she looks up seeing Montana walk in. He didn't bother to look her way as he made his way to the bed taking a seat at the edge.

"I hope you greeted your son downstairs, he's been waiting for you to come home." Montana doesn't say anything as she stares at his back. "I still haven't changed my mind, I want the divorce." She lays a sleeping Kaija down in the spot next to her.

"A lot of people want shit they can't have." He replied as he took off his shoes. "And you just add on to the list."

"I asked my momma bout the contract." She took her glasses off. "We only signed for the prenuptial agreement and the marriage license. You didn't want to sign the contract, you remember that?"

He laughs shaking his head before standing up. "You do whatever you want to, Kacey. Alright?" He turns around finally looking at her.

Kacey turns off her laptop, "Montana, all I've been trying to do is make this work between us but you never want to sit down and have a real conversation. All you want to do is argue and fight all the time."

"Oh, so I'm the fuckin' problem now? Yo ass never wanna take accountability for your actions, but wanna put all the blame on me."

"Who are you anymore?" She questioned clasping her hands together."You're so different from the guy I met four years ago."

"Who am I?" He reiterated pointing at his chest, "Fuck outta here." He waved her off, mugging her hard.

"You're not the Montana I fell in love with. It's like you're a whole new person. And you know that, but you don't care!"

"You don't care either." He expressed with a frown as he got in her face. "You ain't care that you was fucking up the family. You ain't care, knowing that you could've stopped yourself. You don't care because if you did, you would've stopped me from going on tour." He ran a hand down his face.

"Are you serious? This is what that's about. You're so unbelievable."

"You hate to hear the truth, huh?"

"Montana," She cleared her throat, "You put your hands on me. Look at my eye! I've been getting looks, people coming up to me asking me what happened thinking you're beating on me-"

"I ain't ask you to lie to them folks."

"And you did not once tell me you were sorry!" She bellowed.

"Because I'm not!" He raised his voice before he calmed down."At least not right now...Lemme say this, you're right about one thing. I realized I'm not over what you did. And I know if I don't forgive you, it's gonna affect everything in the end."

"So, why didn't you let me leave the first time?"

"Because I loved yo ass!" His voice cracked. "I loved yo ass and you gone fuck another nigga after everything we been through. You cheated on me the first time, I got that part, but then you went back to him. The first time it might've been a mistake to you, but you went back again and you chose to do that shit, every time! You ask me everyday about a new bitch thinking I'm going to cheat on you one day, because you're scared. Yeah, it may cross my mind, but I don't do it because I don't want to ruin anymore of this relationship, than you already did!"

"I'm tired of this, Cyrus." She cried, "I love you, I do but we're just not in the right space. We never were. I'm tired."

"I am too." He agreed with a head nod. "I'm done with you, I'm done with this marriage, everything." He sniffled as he slid his ring finger off. He walked over to their dresser placing it on top of it. He wiped his eyes before he walked out the room slamming the door behind him.

Kacey weeped as she picked up Kaija who began crying out of her sleep.

She wasn't crying because she didn't to end the marriage with Montana, but because of the fact the relationship been dead and they were both just now realizing that. No matter how many times they went to counseling, they would still be back to square one. Sometimes you gotta love someone enough to let them go, and that's exactly what they were doing.

*****

After he helped put the kids to sleep, he left the house and made his way down to a local club. He walked in and some people noticed him asking for pictures. He took a few pictures before he headed to the bar. He asked the bartender for a glass of Hennessy.

The sounds of music playing throughout the club and the people who sat at the bar talking loudly irritated him, but the alcohol helped him to block out all the noise around him.

He took a couple of shots, To him It only felt like only two but the bartender there thought otherwise.

"Lemme get another one." He held his glass up placing it on the counter. The bartender walked over to him as she looked at him.

"Sir I can't give you anymore." He frowns. "How come?"

"You've literally been in here for twenty minutes, drinking back to back. I'm sure you have to drive home. It'd be tragic to your family if something happened."

"Look cuz, I'm paying you to make me a drink. I didn't ask how long I've been here. Go do yo job and stop worrying bout how many drinks I've had."

She let out a chuckle shaking her head, "People like you come in here all the time. If your having problems at home or something, drinking does not solve the problem. It's only a matter of time before you have to face reality again."

"People like me?" He slurs with a smirk on his face, "Do you know how I am?"

"No and I couldn't care less who you are."

"Is that so...?"

"It very much is. Now what I can get you is some water. Would you like that? Cause anything else that involves alcohol I can't get for you."

"What's yo name?" He questioned at her licking his lips. He watched as she rolled her eyes before she replied.

"Why does that matter? You gone report me to the manager?" She tilts her head to the side, with both her hands on the counter.

"Nah, that ain't necessary." He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm Montana. Now it's your turn."

She looks at him hesitantly before she answered,"Wren."

"Wren." He repeats nodding his head. "That's different."

She narrows her eyes,"I'll be back with your bottle of water."

Once the bartender whose name he found out was Wren came back with the water he sat there drinking it until he finished it. He did need to get back home safely and he didn't want to take any chances. The whole time he sat down he couldn't keep his eyes off of the bartender, but she sure did never look his way.

"No problem." He heard Wren say to a customer as she walked back to the corner Montana sat at she stopped in front of him.

"Do you think you're capable of driving home?"

"I'm straight, shorty." He replied and she nodded her head. She gets ready to walk away but she stops in her tracks hearing him say something else.

"What time do you get off?" He questioned.

"Why?" She frowned as with a raised eyebrow. She didn't know Montana from anywhere and wanted to know why he was worried about what time she got off. She really hoped he didn't get the impression that she was one of those friendly bartenders.

"Just asking a question."

"Well, I have an answer but you're not getting it." She walks away from him. He laughed shaking his head, he wasn't expecting that response from her.

It was soon closing time and that was Montana's cue to get himself ready to leave. The bartender who was there had switched and now it was a male who was there.

Looking down at his watch he noticed it was going on midnight. He got himself together before he left out the bar. The wind blew as he walked to his car, he wasted no time pulling off. Out the corner of his eyes as he drove he noticed a female walking down the sidewalk.

He got a closer look noticing it was Wren. He slowed down his car as he rolled the passenger window down.

"I don't think you should be out here this late at night."He called out as he glanced at the rode in front of him, then looked back at her.

"I'm a grown woman, I can handle myself." She continued walking down the pavement.

"...Lemme give you a ride."

To Be Continued......

Wren

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

IMPUMELELO By NateLamak

General Fiction

64.5K 5.4K 41
A young lady falls in love with a young man who loves her dearly. They adore each other and they will do anything to protect each other from anything...
88.8K 4K 45
In Hurt Me To Love, Camille experienced heartbreak, abuse and betrayal. No matter what happened she couldn't catch a break. Camille and her husband...
386K 11.8K 53
Some of the chapters are private so press follow. Sequel to broken promises. To show somebody tough love today will save them a heartache in the fu...