แด›สœแด‡ วซแดœแด‡แด‡ษดโšœ๐“”. ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ช๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ผ...

By MikaelsonBlood

โ–๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐จ๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž. ๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ฅ... More

ACT โ… 
AESTHETIC
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
โšœACT โ…กโšœ
โšœAESTHETICโšœ
โšœPrologueโšœ
โšœChapter 1โšœ
โšœChapter 2โšœ
โšœChapter 3โšœ
โšœChapter 4โšœ
โšœChapter 5โšœ
โšœChapter 6โšœ
โšœChapter 7โšœ
โšœChapter 8โšœ
โšœChapter 9โšœ
โšœChapter 11โšœ
โšœChapter 12โšœ
โšœChapter 13โšœ
โšœChapter 14โšœ
โšœChapter 15โšœ
โšœChapter 16โšœ
โšœChapter 17โšœ
โšœChapter 18โšœ
โšœChapter 19โšœ
โšœChapter 20โšœ
โšœChapter 21โšœ
โšœChapter 22โšœ
โšœChapter 23โšœ
โšœChapter 24โšœ
โšœChapter 25โšœ
โšœChapter 26โšœ
โšœChapter 27โšœ
โšœChapter 28โšœ
โšœChapter 29โšœ
โšœChapter 30โšœ
โšœChapter 31โšœ
โšœChapter 32โšœ
โšœChapter 33โšœ
โšœChapter 34โšœ
โšœChapter 35โšœ
Hunt Me Down: A Bucky Fanfic

โšœChapter 10โšœ

12.6K 254 147
By MikaelsonBlood

The Casket Girls

❇❇❇❇

Being at the receiving end of her wrath will only be your own funeral.

❇❇❇❇

Flashback; 10 Years Ago

A groan threatened to escape Isabelle's lips as she found herself at a new bar, alone, for the third night in a row. It had not been long since the noirette came into the Big Apple and had overtaken her father's business empire. As exciting and thrilling her new lifestyle was, the lack of friends or even acquaintances forced her to touch wounds that should rather be left undisturbed.

So, here she was, drinking alone and wishing to escape the monotony of her life when a very drunk blonde stumbled to sit on the barstool beside her. The woman seemed to be in her mid-twenties and clearly she had a lot to drink but was looking to order for more. But well, who was Isabelle to judge? She was all alone in the most thrilling city in the world.

She got out of her deep blue formal blazer and folded the sleeves of her dress shirt; anyone could tell that she had headed to the bar straight from work.

She was rotating the straw in her drink as she sat there sulking when someone slid her a fresh drink from beside her, she raised her eyebrow seeing the man sitting beside her watching her with a crooked, too overconfident look. She shook her head internally. 

In her head, she cussed him for ruining her alone time before she gave him a fake smile, "Good evening, how can I help you?" 

The man smirked, "Well, darling, " Her mood turned sour already before he continued, "perhaps you can help me by accepting this drink and maybe dance with me later?" 

"And why would I do that?" She snarked, wishing nothing more than to simply compel him to go away.

"Why would you say no to me? I'm good-looking, rich, posing business women like you are dying to meet guys like me." He blatantly spoke gesturing to her outfit making her narrow her eyes at him in a glare.

"Excuse me?" 

"Pfft! Well, it's true. You are wearing a formal outfit, sulking here sitting at a bar you probably can't afford. It's clear you're looking for some gold to dig from a handsome, rich guy. Voila! Here I am." She saw red at the man's words. 

She glared at the man for a few heated seconds before calling out to her security personnel, "Jasper, would you please be so kind as to escort this young and enthralling gentleman out of MY club? Make sure he can't come in here again?" 

The man was dumbfounded as Jasper started escorting him out as she smirked in delight to see him protest before pushing away the drink that douche had offered her as she gulped her own down. 

"Woah! That was epic." She heard the blonde from beside her say with an impressed smile. She smiled at her, "Do you really own this club?" She asked the noirette.

Isabelle looked at her sheepishly, "The bodyguard was mine."

The blonde gaped at her in disbelief, "No way! So you said that just to infuriate him? Wow!" She exhaled making Isabelle giggle.

"Men like him are cowards. All they live for is to advocate their personal misogynistic views. It's incredible crushing them under my heels." She smiled at her, "Besides, coming to think of it, I could own this place. It will be a good investment for my company." She added looking around.

The blonde chuckled, "Well, I am thrilled to meet you, Alexia Branson." She introduced putting her hand forward which Isabelle joined.

"Isabelle Sommers, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled before she sensed her to be a vampire on touching her. Alexia gasped at the contact as well.

She looked around for intruders before lowering her voice, "You're a witch?" She hissed making Isabelle's eyes widen.

"You can figure that out?" She whispered back.

"Duh." She said in a matter of fact tone, "I'm a vampire, an old one. I can identify witches."

Isabelle looked at her sheepishly as she got a feeling that she could tell this vampire anything, a sense of friendship and comfort engulfed her as she lowered her voice, "That's not all I am." She revealed making Alexia look at her in confusion before Isabelle stood up and grabbed her things and dragged the blonde to a private room. Jasper stood outside attentively, to make sure that she was not interrupted.

"Wow!" That was all that came out of Alexia's mouth as Isabelle finished telling her about her entire cosmic life in Heaven and how her mother ruled Hell. To say that Alexia was shocked was an understatement.

"I cannot believe this! I am sitting in the presence of an Angel responsible for the existence of vampires, witches, and werewolves." She gasped making Isabelle giggle drunkenly. 

By now, the two had so much to drink that they lost count after some time, they were practically wasted. 

"I know it's overwhelming, I was so shocked when I found out about this a few months ago," Isabelle spoke as she swigged another sip from the whiskey bottle before passing it on to Lexi.

"You, Izzy, are my hero!" Lexi slurred making Isabelle laugh.

"Come on, I know a wonderful place to get more drunk." She spoke lowly, clutching the vampire's hand as if she was telling her a heavily guarded secret. Lexi's eyes sparkled at her words as the women mischievously left Jasper in charge of their belonging and ran to the rooftop after grabbing another bottle. Laughing and joking around all the while.

That was how they were eventually lying down on the rooftop watching the endless sky on a midnight in New York. Isabelle even drunkenly called her assistant and asked him to set up the paperwork for buying the club. They had a hearty laugh at her rebellious act. 

They cussed out the patriarchal culture, the male chauvinism, their own bitchy fake girlfriends, and literally anything they could judge and cuss at. That was how a  'till-death-do-us-apart' friendship was formed. They connected and it wouldn't have been with a better person.

⚜⚜⚜

Jeremy admired the sleeping blonde beside him as he watched her with love-filled eyes before propping on his elbow and bending to kiss her temple. He stroked her cheek with the back of his hand before getting up and walking out of the room.

He made his way to the kitchen and pulled out a blood bag for himself before he started making breakfast for the woman he loved. He was aware that the festival celebrated for the Casket Girls was more in her honor than anyone else and he wished to make her feel like the strong and brave woman she was. 

He was almost done setting up the breakfast tray, making sure that everything was according to her taste when Niklaus came sauntering inside the kitchen along with Kol. The Mikaelsons exchanged greeting with him before their gaze fell on the breakfast. 

Kol went forward to take a piece of the bacon when Jeremy swat his hand away, "It's for your sister, Kol." The Mikaelson brothers exchanged mischievous grins at that.

"Aww, look at you, so whipped and in love." Kol said making kissing sounds after dragging on the word 'love' which made heat rush up to Jeremy's neck as Klaus laughed at his expense.

"Don't trouble the poor man, Kol," Niklaus said snickering, "Rebekah wouldn't like her eggs cold." And so they broke into fits of laughter once again as Jeremy shook his head with a smile before he left bumping his shoulder with their's whilst they continued cracking jokes.

Niklaus had a small smile on his face after calming down as Kol watched the elder Mikaelson while he handed him a blood bag, "What's on your mind, brother?" Kol asked the hybrid.

"He's good for her. He treats her right and definitely chooses her over everything. I'm glad they met." Kol had a gawking expression on his face when he heard Niklaus' words.

"Are you openly agreeing with Rebekah's choice? Well done, little Gilbert." Kol muttered making Niklaus roll his eyes but the smile never left his face.

His sister meant the world to him and she was the one after Elijah, who never left his side no matter what. For centuries he had loved her in his own way and he was also guilty of taking away her happiness. 

But he knew it was all necessary because it took a lot to reach Niklaus Mikaelson's high standards in order to be approved by him. Jeremy had certainly crossed them all. He was happy that Rebekah was finally with a person who deserved her.

"NOT MY PAINTBRUSHES!" 

The Mikaelson brothers exchanged worried glances as they stepped into the courtyard to find Davina yelling and running behind Rusty on the first floor as the little creature clutched her paintbrushes in his mouth and ran from the witch on his tail. 

Isabelle and Elijah who were setting up a breakfast table in a corner watched the scene unfold and sighed. Not a day passed in the Mikaelson Compound when there was no chaos beginning in the morning. 

Stefan and Hayley came out of their respective rooms listening to shrieks and barks coming from outside as they looked around.

"You, little man, cause a lot of trouble. Give these to me, " Elijah said as he picked up Rusty mid-run and took the paintbrushes out of his mouth as Rusty barked at him. I WANTED TO PLAY WITH THEM! THE SOFT TOYS YOU BROUGHT BORE ME!! Rusty yelled internally before he roughly wiggled out of the Original's grip and ran towards Isabelle while Elijah returned the brushes to Davina, who was almost out of breath.

"Come on, little man, why did you trouble Trinkets?" Isabelle cooed to him as she arranged the table while Rusty wiggled around her feet, I need something to play with!

"Well, perhaps if you kept your brushes safer like I do, maybe this wouldn't be happening." Niklaus quipped to the young which made her glare at him. 

She was still cross with him and Marcel and his endless attempts to use her magic for his personal gain did not help. She so wished to get back at the hybrid. 

"I don't need advice from you!" She sneered heatedly.

"Children, please." Elijah sterned stepping between them as he led her to have some breakfast while Stefan and Hayley joined the family downstairs.

Hayley was about to attack the delicious waffles, knowing they were made by Isabelle and she was extremely hungry when Rusty found a hanging end of the table cloth, ooh, that color is striking.

The next few things happened in slow motion as Rusty jumped and clutched his teeth onto the table cloth and swung before landing on his feet and running to play, hence taking all of the breakfast and cutleries straight to the ground. Isabelle's shriek and the clanking and breaking of plates caused them to fall into a frenzy.

"Uhm, we're gonna go talk to Marcel." Niklaus excused leaving with Kol. 

Elijah was quick to pick up Rusty and hand him to Davina, "Come on, little man, enough trouble for today." And with that, the two of them vanished before Isabelle could say anything. 

"I'm gonna go and..." Hayley started speaking when she came up short with an excuse and the noirette crossed her arms on her chest and stared at her pointedly.

"What? No excuse?" She snapped as Stefan and Hayley left in a hurry whereas Elijah stifled his laugh at her pissed off expression.

"What's with all the bloody ruckus?" Rebekah asked as she and Jeremy came to the balcony and saw a chuckling Elijah and a fuming Isabelle standing beside the disastrous breakfast.

"Nevermind," Jeremy said hurriedly as he comically rushed back in with his girlfriend before his sister could ask him for help.

That was when Elijah couldn't stop himself and broke into fits of humor as she glared.

"Why do I even bother?" She huffed throwing her hands in the air and Elijah's laughter increased when he ducked at the plate that aimed for his head from Isabelle.

"This is the third time this week, Isa. You have to stop setting this up for them." He said getting up, the amused smile never leaving his face as she rolled her eyes.

"I try to do something nice and this is what happens," She groaned as he started cleaning up the mess.

"I know, darling. Today it was Rusty, the day before yesterday was Kol and before that was Niklaus' fault." He snickered humorously as she joined him. 

"You're right, this house has all the crazy bats inside. I wonder if Nik sleeps hanging from the ceiling." Elijah gave her an amused expression.

"Rusty needs new toys, by the way." 

"We'll take him shopping later today, then. Come on, I want to see the festival. Someone else can clean this up." She said dusting herself off as she gave him a hand before he entwined their fingers and the couple left the Abbatoir.

⚜⚜⚜

Josh's feet thumped on the concrete as he tried cruising from one shadow to another in order to avoid the sun and the daywalkers coming after him for betraying Niklaus. 

"He must be around here somewhere, spread around!" Diego ordered his companions as they started searching every crate and cabinet in the warehouse. Hidden in one of them was Josh and he was scared out of his mind as his ragged breathing and rapid heartbeat alerted Diego. 

The daywalker smiled maniacally, "Come on guys, he's not here." 

Josh let out a relieved breath right before Diego kicked the crate Josh was hiding in and he came rolling out, only to find the daywalker smiling down at him, "Rise and shine, sweetheart."

Saying this, Diego made him stand up and started dragging him to a car with tinted windows, "As much as I hate being Klaus' bitch, Marcel won't like it if I don't follow his orders."

"So, you're like, okay being Marcel's bitch instead?" Josh scoffed, "Got it." He stopped to look at his abductor who did not seem amused when he kneed him in the gut making him grunt before he clutched a gem hanging from his wrist and cut his palm with it, hoping that she will come to his rescue like she promised.

"Yo, minions!" A whistle was heard before the minions turned to the door of the warehouse where a short brunette stood with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Davina?" Diego gaped as she walked in and waved her hand making Diego's body stick to the wall as the rest of the minions fell on the ground clutching their heads before she snapped their necks. Diego's body fell down to the ground with a thud as Davina pounced on Josh who hugged her in relief.

"I knew you'd come for my rescue." Josh breathed in her hair.

"Of course I would, silly. But don't get in trouble again because you know you could only use that gem once." She reminded pulling back, which made him nod grimly.

"Come, I'll get you to safety before you can leave town," Davina said worriedly taking his hand.

"Why don't I skip town in that car? It has tinted windows." Josh suggested making her shake her head.

"No, Klaus will track it. It's one of Marcel's cars and that hybrid psychopath is mad about revenge. We can't risk it. Come on, we'll go wait at a friend's place till it gets dark." Josh nodded as the two of them got in the car and Josh drove according to her directions before they abandoned the car and escaped to Camille's house. All the while keeping in mind to be aware of the sun.

Davina knocked on Cami's door, "Cami, I need your help. Klaus is after my best friend and Marcel is helping him." The blonde could hear the stress in her voice but she had no idea who the two people standing in front of her were.

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

⚜⚜⚜

Hayley stood in front of a mirror as she tried her hardest to pull up the zipper to her costume when Stefan came and casually leaned by the doorway of her room as he watched her struggle.

"Would you like some help?" He asked from where he was standing, gaining her attention and she smiled brightly at him.

"You might need to use all your vampire strength." She mused making him smile as he came forward and slowly pulled up the zipper along the bare skin of her back. 

His fingers lightly grazed her skin making her heart jump and her breathing hitched in her throat before he completely zipped her dress and stepped back.

"Thanks." She murmured making eye contact in the mirror, "Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess." 

He smiled as she watched herself before his gaze fell on her Crescent birthmark, "I think you look adorable. Just keep this..." He trailed off touching her birthmark on her shoulder.

"I know, keep the freaky werewolf mark covered." She huffed pulling up her sleeve. She knew there was no way she could help her family unless a certain Deveraux witch agreed to help her.

"I don't think the riff-raff here would lay a hand on you considering the scary Mikaelsons." Hayley chuckled at his words, "But, be safe."

She nodded before her hand went over to her very pregnant belly, "All knocked up and nowhere to go."

"Well, if you wanna go to the fest outside, I'd be more than happy to take you." He offered making her frown.

"Yeah, I don't wanna bump into another witch or Klaus considering he still hasn't given me a proper answer about what happens to me after this child is born. I need to know if he wants to take her away from me." She spoke in a heavy voice as Stefan's lips turned into a scowl when he gently turned her around and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"No one will take your daughter away from you, Hayls." Stefan affirmed as he looked into the uncertainty in her eyes, "I won't let that happen, neither will Izzy and Elijah. Nik can deny anyone but not them, okay?" She nodded. 

He kissed her forehead before he began to leave when she called him again and turned her back towards him, "Do you mind?" She asked gesturing to the zipper making him hesitate before he obliged and lowered the zip the same way he had pulled it up, leaving goosebumps on her skin before he left the room and she was alone to ponder over her relationship with him.

Stefan walked out of Hayley's room with a lot of questions on his mind before he found Niklaus in a hurry, ordering the daywalkers in anger. He walked down the stairs and joined his best friend.

"Nik, what's happening?"

The hybrid turned to him, "Have you seen Davina around?" 

"No, I haven't. Not since the morning, I mean." 

Niklaus groaned before turning back to his men, "What the hell are you all waiting for? FIND HER!" He yelled as they shuddered and sped away.

"Nik, what the hell is happening?" 

Niklaus was pacing in the courtyard in anger as he furiously dialed Marcel's number, "Davina has betrayed me. She has left and hidden somewhere with Josh. If she thinks I will sit by and let her destroy my plans then I will fucking kill her without question!" 

Stefan was truly stunned at the rage on his best friend's face which only made him worry for Isabelle's reaction towards this.

⚜⚜⚜

"Here you go, sweetheart," Elijah said coming from behind her and handing her a cotton candy as she squealed at the colorful thing. 

"You know, I still don't understand how you look so small and still kick so much ass," Marcel commented as the three of them enjoyed the festivities. Isabelle turned to pout at him.

"I'm not small, I can be scary!" Saying this she bared her fangs when Elijah hurriedly came to stand in front of her and Marcel looked around, hoping that nobody saw her.

"Do you intend on exposing us, my love?" Elijah asked in a sarcastic yet soft voice making her pout again before she took a bite of the cotton candy and pulled him into a kiss. Marcel made gagging noises as they made out like a teenage couple in a parade.

"No, sweetheart, I don't intend on exposing us unless it's the right place." She winked at him as his grip on her waist tightened before Marcel broke their eye contact with a groan.

"You guys make me sick!" Saying this, he started to walk ahead of the Parabatais making Isabelle skip up to him and jump on his back. He steadied her by holding her firm in a piggy-back ride as Elijah shook his head, still smiling at his mate's antics.

"Admit it, Marcie! You're with us because I'm the only real friend you have." She sassed making the vampire roll his eyes.

"Don't rub it in my face that I don't have any real friends anymore." He joked but the tinge of pain in his voice never left and the couple took notice of that. 

Hoping to divert his mind, Isabelle smacked his head making him gape at her as Elijah shook his head, that is not how you distract people from their pain, he thought.

"Did she just?" The vampire asked the Original in disbelief who simply nodded, stifling a grin before Marcel left his grip and straightened up and she fell on the ground with a thud. 

She looked at the two men in shock a before as they tried to stop themselves from laughing at her expressions, "YOU LET ME FALL AND YOU DIDN'T CATCH ME!" She screamed at the respective men before Elijah pulled her up, snickering.

"You take this up with your friend, here. I'm not going to intervene." He said raising his hands in surrender, the amusement never leaving his features. Marcel was laughing terribly by now as she stood there with her hands on her waist, blatantly glaring at the two. 

"Come on, let's go, see there's Kol. Maybe you will have a good time troubling him." Elijah gestured to the younger Original not far away as he coaxed her by grabbing her elbow. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I don't trouble people, and I can make my own way, thank you very much." Saying this, she freed her elbow from his grip and stomped over to the other Mikaelson as Elijah and Marcel shared funny glances before following behind the noirette.

"Bella, hi! Thank God you're here, these two make me wanna throw up!" Kol exclaimed hugging her dramatically as he pointed at Jeremy and Rebekah who were snuggling into each other a few feet away. 

Isabelle and Elijah chuckled at the youngest Mikaelsons before Rebekah's mood turned sour seeing Marcel appear, as did his own seeing the couple. 

"So, what's the plan for today? How are we celebrating your centuries-old victorious night?" Elijah jumped in, changing the topic. Isabelle gave him an impressed grin.

Rebekah was about to answer when all of their phones went off with a red alert from none other than Niklaus.

"Oh, bloody hell!" Kol exclaimed before they rushed to the Abbatoir, knowing that their fun was probably over.

⚜⚜⚜

"You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know the obvious. Our secret weapon has escaped." Niklaus' paranoid soprano rung through the living room of the Mikaelson compound.

"You don't have the brains to even try being Sherlock Holmes," Isabelle muttered under her breath as she pinched her forehead at the hybrid's over-reaction. Niklaus snapped his gaze towards her, "Is there anything you would like to tell us?" He deadpanned making her sigh.

"Yes, three things actually, " She smiled sarcastically, "One, you don't have the brains to be Sherlock. Two, you're not even close to being as hot as Benedict Cumberbatch to even try being Sherlock. And three, Davina is not a fucking weapon!" She hardened her glare with the last line whereas Elijah shook his head.

"If you are done swooning over cabbage-patch, can we please focus on the matter at hand?" The noirette gaped at him but before she could strangle him, Elijah reminded her about Davina being missing and how the witch could also be in trouble.

"She wouldn't just leave. She knows the witches want her back." Marcel mumbled, more to himself.

"Well, perhaps she finally realized what a deceiving monster you were and left for good." Rebekah jabbed from the couch where she was sitting with Jeremy. 

"Bekah," Niklaus warned before they could once again dive into a conversation that was rather not necessary.

"Where would she go to, if she wanted to leave?" Kol spoke up for the first time since they had all been given the news. The youngest Mikaelson brother was awfully quiet and worried for the brunette who was slowly paving her way into his dead heart.

"That's the thing, Koala, she wouldn't leave. She knows she's under our protection and not once has she mentioned about going somewhere else since we brought her here from the attic." Isabelle explained, her own worries not allowing her poor heart to rest.

"Diego told me that she rescued Joshua from being caught and then rendered all his men unconscious. Since then, no one has seen the witch." Niklaus added before Marcel's gaze fell on Elijah and he snarled. 

"What did you say to her in that attic? Maybe this has something to do with you!" The vampire's mistrust had risen from a place of love and worry for a girl who was like a daughter, the same mistrust caused him to march up to the Original in anger as Isabelle watched, alarmed.

Elijah simply stood his ground, "I have no idea where she is, nor do I wish for any ill-fate to befall her. Can I suggest you take a step back?" He asked politely, yet sternly making sure that Marcel understood that such behavior from him was neither expected nor accepted.

"Brother, as you so lovingly refer to her as a mere child, she is the strongest witch in New Orleans. If she has fled from us, what's to stop her from destroying us and everything we've worked for? If she's not a friend, then she is an enemy." He spoke, his timbre dripping with repressed anger and paranoia. 

Isabelle rolled her eyes, "She's a friend." She groaned out as she tried to think of all the places Trinkets could be in.

"Let's hope so, Izzy." Niklaus scoffed as Stefan watched his best friends stare each other down, "Luckily for us, I know exactly how to bring her back. Follow my lead." 

"Niklaus!" He was about to walk out with Marcel, Kol, and Stefan when Isabelle's voice caused him to turn around, "If you try to even look at her in a way that threatens her life, I will crush you. Do you understand?" Her stare was so cold that the hybrid felt himself shudder at the underlying ultimatum in her eyes. He hesitantly nodded before leaving.

"You both know Nik and how ruthless he can get in situations like these," Rebekah reminded, staring at the couple intently.

Elijah shared worried looks with his mate, "I will not let him lay a finger on Davina." He affirmed to her.

"Nor will I."

⚜⚜⚜

Cami's screams filled her apartment under Davina's magic whereas Josh flinched at the poor condition of the blonde. Niklaus had really done a number on her and the pain she experienced as the compulsion wore off under Davina's powers, was excruciating.

"You would start to feel, like, a weight lifting," Davina said in a worrisome tone as she steadied the blonde who was by now covered in sweat and tears. De-compelling an Original's control was not an easy task.

"And your cheat sheets are about to make a lot more sense," Josh said handing her the work she had done when she was trying to figure out if someone was messing with her mind or not. 

A hiss escaped the young vampire as soon as his hand came in contact with the sun rays. He hurried towards shade, clutching his wrist.

Davina gave him a pitiful look, "I swear as soon as we're both safe, I'll make you a daylight ring."She promised her best friend.

"I know, " He croaked out, "just don't worry about it right now." Davina nodded.

"I remember why I wrote this." Camille gasped picking up a note, "I found a picture of Klaus and Marcel from 1919. Klaus compelled me to go out with Marcel, to spy on him. That's what he said yesterday when he told me to forget. I'm remembering." Davina nodded grimly, hating to see a good woman in a state like this.

"Let's take you back more." She suggested as Camille nodded, preparing herself for the intense agony that she knew was coming her way.

Davina put her fingers on Camille's temples and started focusing on her magic again as screams and yells escaped her throat and she started remembering every little piece of information that she was compelled to forget. She remembered every conversation she had with the hybrid and Marcel. She remembered it all.

Her nose started to bleed as Davina came closer to the end of removing the compulsions and then she left Camille's face and the blonde was left panting and sweating on the floor as Josh handed her some towels to wipe her face. 

"How could he do that to me! Is my mental piece of no meaning to that man who wishes to seek my psychological guidance? How can someone be so selfish, no matter what pain they've been through?" Camille muttered with a sliver of anger in her otherwise worn off and tired features. 

Davina pursed her lips together, "That man does not care about anyone but himself. Neither does Marcel. I can't even imagine the rest of the Mikaelsons being related to that monster." She spat.

"Here, keep drinking, you need vervain in your system so you can't be compelled again," Josh said handing her another glass of water which she took graciously. Her mind was trying to stop her racing thoughts and focus on one thing at a time.

"Hey, Cami, " Josh called out, gaining their attention, "you don't have any, like, human blood lying around in your fridge, do you?" He fidgeted making the blonde look at with raised eyebrows.

"For crying out loud, " Davina rolled her eyes, putting forward her wrist, "here!" 

Josh hesitated for a few moments before taking her wrist when she spaced out as if she was having a vision making Josh and Camille look at her in confusion.

"Davina?" Camille called out, standing up.

"Someone is practicing magic. They're trying to find me. They know I'm not in the compound." Camille looked at her wide-eyed.

"Then we have to run, let's leave before anyone searches for us," Camile said urgently making Davina shake her head.

"I can't just leave, I can't do that to Rouge and 'Lijah." She murmured.

"Well, then call them, I'm sure they'll do anything to protect you. I don't even think they'll wanna kill me." Josh suggested as she groaned.

"That's the thing, I can't. If Klaus, Marcel, or even a little minion overhears the conversation, we're all dead." Camille ran her hand through her hair in frustration listening to Davina's words.

"Come on, let's go to the church, my uncle will know what to do," Camille said as she rushed around her apartment, gathering her belongings.

Davina watched her with pity, "Cami..."

"I mean, he has to know what's going on in this town, right?" She continued talking as Josh and Davina exchanged frowns.

"Cami stop," Davina muttered.

"Unless he has been compelled." Camille gasped as she looked at the brunette, horrified.

"He knows," Davina informed.

"What are you talking about?" Cami asked in disbelief.

"He knows. He works with Marcel, they're practically friends. I hear them talk, he knows everything." Camille had shock written on her face listening to this.

"No, he would have told me if he knew that the witches put up a hex on my brother." She muttered in disbelief, furiously shaking her head in denial.

When she didn't find any sense of joke or amusement on their faces she gasped in realization, "He knows?" She asked meekly, tears already threatening to fall from her eyes.

"Cami-" 

"Oh my God, he knows!" She cried out making Davina and Josh's faces to turn grim. She went to sit on a chair, her legs suddenly felt weak as Davina walked up to her when Josh fidgeted again in discomfort and fear.

"Hey, you guys seriously need to leave. Bus, train, automobile, whatever!" He reminded them.

"Put your number in Cami's phone. Most of the Quarter is shut down so we'll have to walk and the sun is taking forever to go down!" Davina mumbled as she met Josh's gaze grimly. Tears gathering in her eyes at the thought of leaving the vampire behind.

"Hey, no tears," Josh mumbled as he hugged the little witch. Cami saw their exchange with a heavy heart.

"Promise me you'll meet us as soon as it gets dark, okay?" 

"Yeah don't worry about me, just don't let them find you, unless its someone you trust," Josh affirmed making her nod as the two women set out into the Quarter hoping to run into anyone but their enemies.

⚜⚜⚜

"Are you ready?" Isabelle asked her mate as she tightened her hands around his. 

He looked into her eyes and gave her a firm nod, "I am."

With that, the couple gripped Davina's necklace tighter and closed their eyes as they stood in Isabelle's house hoping to be able to track the witch they had both come to care so much about.

The couple had searched the Quarter and even the docks for any signs of Davina or Josh, but they had come up empty-handed. 

They were terrified because they knew that Sophie was still searching for her and that Niklaus would stop at nothing to find her and he didn't care if he found her breathing or not.

But they did. They cared very much for the young brunette. Isabelle had threatened Niklaus a while ago, asking him to not do anything irrational but knowing the hybrid they knew they had to find the witch before he or his men could.

Wind thrashed against the windows of her house and they grew closer as the calm magic in their veins took the form of a hailstorm, spreading and reaching out to every corner of the Quarter possible. Their eyes turned blue as they fell deeper in the oceans they saw and their mark shone brightly. 

Parabatai tracking was an intense and intimate experience for the couple because every time it happened, it was stronger than the last, thus, much more powerful.

In a few minutes, their hands stopped glowing as they knew the path that led to the witch and without sparing any extra moments, the couple sped all the way to the St. Anne's church.

Elijah entered first but stopped in his tracks when his eyes fell on four dead witches wearing black capes, Isabelle's eyes widened at the odd angles their necks had been snapped in before her gaze traveled to an unconscious blonde lying still near the alter. There were no signs of Davina. 

The couple exchanged suspicious and terrified looks before Elijah walked towards Camille to check for a pulse, on finding one, they both took a sigh of relief. He was about to bite into his write to feed her his blood when Sabine, one of the witches stirred back to consciousness. 

"Well, well, well, trying to be smart by practicing magic, are we?" Isabelle vexed as Sabine's eyes met hers and fear rushed through her veins. 

Isabelle shared an intent gaze with her mate before she bent down at vampire speed and picked Sabine up by gripping her neck in her hand as she snarled at her, "What did you do to Davina?" 

Her cold tone and anger in her eyes caused the witch to shudder in fright, "We..uh..." 

The witch tried to croak out but nothing came out of her mouth because of Isabelle's grip being too tight, this made the noirette roll her eyes and sigh as she released the poor witch who started to cough and massage her neck.

"We did a locator spell on Davina because we knew that she was out of the Compound." Sabine started talking, "We came here but she killed us all with her magic. I've no idea where she left."

"You didn't hear her say anything before you tried to attack her? Attack a child?" Elijah taunted as Sabine shook her head, the threat on her life becoming more prominent with the two vampires staring her down.

"You-"

Isabelle was interrupted with the beeping of her mate's phone, she looked at him questioningly, "It's Marcel, Davina is at the Abbatoir." Her eyes widened as they started making their way out when she stopped and turned to Sabine. Elijah watched her with confusion.

"Darling, I have a favor to ask." She spoke in a sickeningly sweet smile, scaring the witch further as she gulped when the noirette took a few steps towards her.

"I need you to put a protection spell on Davina." She ordered making Sabine raise her eyebrows.

"Why would I do that? The witches want her dead." She croaked out, trying to be brave which only made Isabelle chuckle before she exchanged smirks with Elijah. 

Before Sabine could take another breath, Isabelle was standing in front of her, looking straight into her eyes.

"Put a protection spell on Davina." She ordered again, but this time, Sabine's pupils dilated as the compulsion took place and it made the witch nod. 

Elijah and Isabelle shared meaningful glances while the witch did the spell. They knew this was an important thing to do because no matter how close Niklaus was to them, he could never be trusted with Davina's life.

Making certain that Sabine placed the spell on the young witch, the couple drove back to the Abbatoir only to witness the settings of a vintage horror movie.

Timothy, Davina's high school love, and best friend was sitting on a beam hanging from the ceiling, compelled to play the violin, while Davina made Niklaus, Marcel, and Stefan suffer in their own blood using her magic while Jeremy and Kol watched from the sidelines, too horrified to even move. Hayley was nowhere to be seen and neither was Rebekah. Isabelle mentally thanked her mate for compelling Rusty a caretaker who took him for a walk around this time. 

"You're all liars! MANIPULATORS!" Davina shrieked as she pushed her magic with more force towards the three when Niklaus managed to gather some strength and he tried to speed towards her with a murderous expression when Elijah snapped his neck from behind while Davina's magic rendered Stefan and Marcel unconscious. 

Davina looked at Elijah and then her gaze traveled to Isabelle which made her rush into the noirette's arms who hugged her, both women breathing sighs of relief. 

Elijah too released a breath he didn't realize he was holding when he saw Davina safe. 

"Well, this is drastically dreary." They heard Rebekah huff from behind them as Davina turned to find Josh standing uncomfortably beside the blonde. 

"Bekah," Jeremy breathed in as he saw her, "where were you?" 

"Tracking this one down." She replied pointing to the newbie vampire who looked completely out of place. 

"Why?" Davina almost growled, thinking that Josh's life was in danger.

"Well, if I were my brother then he would probably be dead." A shiver ran down Joshua's spine when he looked at her wide-eyed.

"Rebekah..." Kol warned his sister which made her scoff as Isabelle and Elijah eyed her movements. They did not think that the Mikaelson sister was any threat to either Davina or her friends.

"Since I'm not, I would like to take you both somewhere and from there you, " She paused to look at Josh, "can run off to anywhere you like in order to escape my brother." 

"Where are you taking them?" Isabelle asked stepping forward.

"Marcel's Garden." Isabelle raised her eyebrow at that, as did Elijah.

"She needs to know who he is, Izzy. The sooner she knows the kind of trouble she can be in, the better she will be able to stand her ground." The blonde Original explained making Isabelle nod.

"I'm coming with you." 

"Come on, I'll keep her safe, trust me that much," Rebekah said annoyed making Isabelle roll her eyes before she took the blonde to a side and lowered her voice.

"I just compelled a bunch of witches to save her life, I don't want them coming near her again. Let me come with you." Rebekah understood her worry.

After rescuing Timothy from the torture he was forced to endure, Rebekah along with Isabelle took Davina and her friends to the Garden while Elijah, Kol, and Jeremy stayed back to make sure that the hybrid didn't go after Davina or Josh again.

Neither Elijah nor Isabelle realized the fact that Hayley had gone behind their backs and helped an enemy in a way that would come to haunt the entire family in the near future.

⚜⚜⚜

"You think my brother Nik is awful? Marcel learned from the best. This is how he treats his so-called friends who betray him. Most of what these poor souls did is no worse than what Josh did. Take Thierry, for example. He was Marcel's most trusted friend. Klaus tricked him into breaking one of Marcel's rules. Marcel knows this, and yet he keeps Thierry locked in here day after day, suffering." Rebekah spoke as they walked further between the desiccated vampires.

Isabelle was on a lookout for any trouble whilst Davina and Timothy looked horrified. Josh watched his friend carefully.

"This is insane." Davina gasped out, gaining Isabelle's attention. Before the noirette could comfort her Tim stepped forward and offered her a sip of his water bottle.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, here, drink something." He suggested as the brunette obliged gratefully. Isabelle's lips tugged upwards in a small smile, high-school love stories surely looked cute. 

They continued the tour when Timothy suddenly stopped as he felt a constriction in his chest.

"Timothy?" Isabelle called out seeing him standing still as everyone's gaze fell on the boy who seemed to be having a seizure before he fell to his knees in pain. Davina rushed to his side as the rest watched in confusion.

"Tim?" 

"It was Klaus. He made me do it, I didn't even know that I was doing it until I made you-"

"Made her what?" Isabelle growled making the boy look towards her as he fought for his life, she knew Niklaus would have planned something devious.

"D..drink!" Saying this, Timothy fell onto the ground taking his last breath before realization dawned on Isabelle as her gaze was met with Rebekah's.

"Nik poisoned the water." Rebekah gasped out as Josh looked at his best friend with a horrified expression on his face.

"Tim?" Davina cried out before her head started spinning and she fell dead in Isabelle's arms.

"Trinkets!" The noirette shrieked as Rebekah kicked a stone in anger, Davina did not deserve this.

Isabelle clutched the little witch close to her chest as a few tears ran down her cheeks before she stood up picking her up in her arms, "I had a witch put a protection spell on her, she will come back." She revealed to Josh and Rebekah who looked relieved.

"But he won't." Josh reminded gesturing towards Tim as anger flooded Isabelle's veins and she gave the temporarily dead girl a somber look. She knew this was going to hurt her on a whole different level. 

"Make sure to make a story believable enough for his family when you return his body to them, leave town afterward. I don't want any more of her close friends getting hurt." Josh nodded before the two women left the Garden.

"Oh, come on. The stench of your judgment is overwhelming. Need I remind you that Davina just bested the lot of us? I did what had to be done. Don't worry, Elijah. I remain as redeemable as ever." Isabelle heard the hybrid rant as she entered the compound with Davina still in her arms.

"Darling you won't be left standing after tonight, let alone being redeemable." She vexed gaining their attention as Rusty ran towards the noirette but stopped when his gaze fell on an unmoving Davina in her arms, what happened to the cute human? He wondered.

Niklaus watched Isabelle with a fearful expression as she glared at him all the while she handed Davina over to Kol who took her to her room. Marcel breathed a sigh of relief and left after giving Isabelle a grateful nod for saving Davina's life.

Isabelle then squatted in front of Rusty as he tilted his head to look up at her, she softened her expressions and caressed his fur making him snuggle closer to her, "Mum had a long day, sweetie, can you do something for me?" 

As if understanding what she was asking, Rusty let out a small and perky bark which made her chuckle a little, "Go make sure that Trinkets is safe, okay? You're a brave boy." She said softly as she ruffled his head before gesturing Rebekah to take him.

"Come on, sweetheart, let's go help Trinkets," Rebekah said picking him up as she left with Jeremy, and with every person leaving the room, Niklaus' fear and anxiety increased tenfolds. 

Elijah simply got out of his jacket and flopped on the couch as he poured himself a drink and watched Isabelle turn to Niklaus.

She had a sinister expression on her face as she took a threatening step towards the man she called her best friend. He involuntarily stepped back, gulping. 

"You killed a girl I see as my own. A girl I took under my protection." She started to speak as a low and fearful growl began to form in her throat. Niklaus was scared and Stefan feared that she would find out that he was in on this with Niklaus.

"Izzy-"

Before he could even begin to say something an agonizing crack was heard through the compound as her fist connected with his jaw and the bone broke. 

Niklaus grunted in pain but before he could even gather himself, she grabbed his hand and twisted it at such an odd angle that another crack echoed through the place and this time it was accompanied by his scream.

Stefan flinched visibly as he saw Isabelle punish Nik. Elijah watched indifferently, a hint of anger surfacing in his own eyes because Niklaus had killed an innocent child and attempted to kill Davina who was by now close to the Noble Original's heart. He believed she was a precious child who needed to be protected no matter what. She was family now.

"I told you to not hurt her!" Isabelle shrieked as she kicked and punched the hybrid without giving him even a moment to defend himself. All he could really do was face her wrath.

"I fucking asked you, ordered you, even begged you to spare that girl's life." She spat as she clutched his collars and threw him to the wall, giant pieces of brick falling from it from the impact.

"SHE BESTED ME! SHE WOULD HAVE KILLED ME." Niklaus yelled as he got up wiping the blood from the side of his lip before Isabelle sped towards him and slammed his head into the brick wall.

"She knew what you mean to me, you should have known the same!" She berated before slamming his head once more and before he could attack her, she snapped his neck and let his body fall on the ground. 

Stefan watched his best friend's body fall limp before he saw Isabelle's sinister and revenge-hungry eyes turn toward him. He knew she was aware of his own indiscretions. 

He sped to escape only to find the elder Mikaelson brother standing in front of him with a smirk, "Where do you think you're going?" Saying so, Elijah punched his hand into Stefan's chest as the vampire gasped and grunted in shock and pain. 

"If you ever take part in planning to harm even a single hair on Davina's head, just know that even though I can't kill you, I know how to inflict pain," Elijah growled lowly before he snatched his hand out of Stefan's chest as he fell down on the ground and Isabelle snapped his neck as well. 

The couple sighed looking at the two temporarily dead men lying in a puddle of their own blood before they shrugged it off and made way to their room, hand in hand.

⚜⚜⚜

"Hi, baby!" Isabelle cooed as they saw Rusty entering their room and climbing to settle himself between the couple before he sat down laying his head on his paws. 

"You seem tired, little man." Elijah murmured, gently caressing and scratching behind his ear as he closed his eyes in content. Isabelle chuckled seeing Rusty relax as she ran her hand through the fur on his back. Rusty felt blissful. Mmhm, this is nice, I love you, Mr. Tux and Izzy.

Elijah continued to watch the dog sleep before his gaze traveled to his angel who was snuggled up against him, leaving enough space between them for Rusty. 

She felt her eyelids getting heavy as she completely let go of her worries and just breathed in her mate's scent before kissing him once and placing Rusty on her stomach as Elijah gathered the two in his embrace before the two of them fell asleep.

Elijah smiled watching them sleep so peacefully before he kissed the top of her head and slept with his family in his arms, unaware of the horrors the next day was going to bring.

❇❇❇❇

Hi, guys! How are you all today? 

A lot of you have been curious about Isabelle, Nik, Stefan, and Lexi's lives before they were thrown into the Mystic Falls drama, so I thought why not? Isabelle and Lexi are like my favorite brotp in my head and I wanted to show that here and I really hoped you guys liked the scene. I thought it was fitting to the "Casket Girls" episode and the whole "Us girls have got to stick together" theme!

Aww, Jerbekah warm my heart. Jer is arranging a breakfast in bed for his love and that is simply adorable. And Nik and Kol teasing him was super cute. Are you all liking Nik's perspective of Jerbekah?

Oops, poor Rusty is troubling auntie Dee, and here he goes ruining breakfast! So mischievous our little man is. And Mikaelsons escaping Izzy, that was hilarious!

Uh-Oh, Josh seems to be in trouble and Davina is as usual a badass!

Isabelle, Elijah and Marcel, that's a brotp I want! And ouch, Iz, that fall must have hurt. 

A HAPPY ELIJAH IS THE BEST ELIJAH! PERIODT!!! It's sad how the show never focused much around his happy times and times when he laughed whole-heartedly, he's a smol bean who needs to be appreciated and protected.

Oops, Marcel and Rebekah are still at odds. 

Izzy threatening people is the BEST!! She's like the fiercest woman ever and the way even Niklaus Mikaelson fears her is epic.

I always felt bad at how Cami had to suffer so much just because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She never deserved to be compelled, manipulated or to die because of her affections for Niklaus. 

YAYYY, OUR PARABATAIS ARE TRACKING DEE!! I honestly love writing about the mystical parts of their bond. They're just extra special.

Sabine is scared of our Queen, as she should be!

Davina was such a badass when she was punishing Klaus. 

Uh-Oh, Nik, you dug your own grave, sweetheart. Nobody messes with someone Elisabelle care about.

Oml, get me a Rusty, someone. He's just so cute.

Okay, Nik, I love you but you gotta stop doing this shit that makes Izzy mad. Stop spoiling the brotp!

Aww, Elijah cares about Davina!

Oml, the Elisabelle family moment made me cry! I really wanted to end this chapter on a cute and peaceful note.

Anyways, drop your votes and comments on this chapter, tell me what you liked the best!

Also, I made a new cover for the book and I absolutely adore it. Tell me what you all think of it.

Honestly, I am so proud of the fact that I finally made it, I was kinda bored with the old cover. And Elijah looks so hot here.

So, as I told y'all in the previous chapter that this will be a double update, so enjoy this chapter and as I am halfway through with the next one, I will update in a few hours.

Vote, comment, and share! 

With Love, Devu.

P.s. Stay safe, guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 14.4K 57
แด›สœแด‡ษดแด€ ๊œฑแด€สŸแด แด€แด›แดส€แด‡ แด…ษชแด…ษด'แด› แด‹ษดแดแดก แดกสœแด€แด› แด€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›ส™ส€แด‡แด€แด‹ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ สœแด‡ แด„สœแด‡แด€แด›แด‡แด… แด€ษดแด… แด€ส™แด€ษดแด…แดษดแด‡แด… สœแด‡ส€. ๊œฑสœแด‡ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› สœแดแด˜แด‡สŸแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ แด›สœแด‡ แด›แดกแด แดแด๊œฑแด› ษชแดแด˜แดส€แด›แด€ษดแด› ๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...
105K 3.1K 46
๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
1.3K 34 14
Faith Mikaelson has suffered through a lot with the loss of her mother, Hayley Marshall, and her father, Klaus Mikaelson. She has grieved and is stil...
653 34 16
"Families are grief, pain and love. My family is power. And I could drown in it a thousand times over." It's been a thousand years. And Avra Mikaels...