W| The 3 Halsteads

By Samantha_Chicago

Katrina Halstead grew up with her family or so she thought after she became a firefighter she got a job at fi... More

A/N
Big and Little
Date Night
Nick
She's Back
"Scared Us"
The Past
Foster Carer
Mommy
The New Halstead
Date
Day After Date
Shopping Trip
Undercover
Sick
"Nothing Is Normal"
"Serious"
Visitor
Friend and Family
People Know Now
Lieutenant
Arsonist
Fights
Barbecue
"Hell of a day"
Painting
Birthday Party
Birthday Girl!
Back In Town
"Gift"
Apollo
Coming Clean
Not My Day
Complaint
First Christmas Together
Early
Coming Home
A/N

Target

692 11 1
By Samantha_Chicago

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm I moaned and pressed the snooze button and rolled back over and faced Mouse. "Morning sunshine" "Morning handsome" I smiled then kissed him "I need to shower" I moaned "There are fresh towels in there I knew you would say that" I raised my eyebrows "You're amazing" I kissed him then rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom.
 I turned on the shower and waited for it to become a good temperature. I then jumped in the shower and relaxed before I had a stressful day at work. I wrapped the towel around my body and brushed my hair through and left it to dry by itself.
 I walked out to the bedroom "You are so pretty" "And you are so handsome" I reached over and kissed him "I have to get ready for work" I smiled "Your duffel bag" Mouse pointed to the corner of the room "I love you" I smirked and grabbed my duffel bag. I took out my work uniform and got changed. I lay down on the bed and looked at Mouse "You still sure about Mya staying tonight?" "I'm sure" "Ok well there are 3 bags of brand new clothes belonging to her in the back of my car" "I'll get them when I'm done at the 21st" I nodded and got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I pulled my hair into a low ponytail with a middle parting. "Coffee is on the island" "Hmm" I grabbed my boots and sat down on the bed and pulled them on. I tied them tightly at the moment so I could get to 51 without falling over my own feet. I put everything into my duffel bag and put it on my left shoulder and walked out to the living room and dumped my duffel bag on the floor.
"Bad day already?" I nodded then yawned "I'm so tired I can tell today is going to be a long one" I sighed "Well Mya is awake she is sitting on her Ipad watching Peppa pig" I smirked "Of course she is but wheres this coffee" Mouse handed me a cup of coffee and I took a sip of it "So I put 2 lunches in Mya's duffel bag" I nodded and took another sip of coffee "Her blanket and a couple of toys are in her bag and your truck jumper is on the back of the sofa" I smiled "I love you so much right now" I grabbed an apple and ate it "And your phone because you would forget it" I smiled and put my phone in my pocket. "Ok I'm gonna go get Mya changed" "There's an outfit in her bag I grabbed it yesterday" I smiled "Thank you" "I'll make breakfast" I nodded and walked through to Mya's bedroom and switched on the light.
"Morning honey" "Hello mommy" "Let's get you ready" I smiled and Mya got out of bed. I grabbed her duffel bag and took out her outfit. I grabbed the white t-shirt and short dungarees and helped her get changed. I grabbed her white converse and put them on for her "I think daddy is making breakfast" I put her clothes in her duffel bag then grabbed Fluffy and her Ipad and put them in. I put the duffel bag on my left shoulder and walked out to the kitchen.
"I'll do your hair after breakfast" I smiled and looked at Mouse. I dumped the duffel bag next to mine then I tucked my truck 81 shirt into my navy blue work trousers then grabbed my truck 81 jumper and put it on. "Mommy I'm finished" I walked through to the kitchen and stood behind Mya. I put her hair into a ponytail using the hair bobble on my wrist. "What's the time?" I looked at Mouse "8 am and there's a coffee" I smiled and kissed Mouse. I grabbed the duffel bags and threw them over my shoulders "Mya let's go" I grabbed her jacket and helped her put it on "I'll lock up and I have your coffee" I smiled and walked out to Mouse's car.
I helped Mya into her car seat then took the duffel bags off and put them in the back next to her. I buckled Mya in then climbed in the car. I climbed in and Mouse handed me my coffee "I need this so much" I took a sip then kissed Mouse "What's for lunch?" "For you a bagel with cucumber, ham and cheese" I smiled "You know me so well" "I do and for Mya just a ham sandwich" "With what else?" "You have a salad as well and some cookies" I smiled "Mya has yogurt and cookies" I nodded "That sounds so good fancy making it tomorrow?" "Maybe" I smirked.

"I'll take Mya and her bag" "I finished my coffee so it's fine" "I'll take them so you can go to the locker room" I nodded and climbed out the car "Your duffel bag" "Thank you" I took my duffel bag from Mouse and then Mya's hand "Mommy am I staying with uncle Jay tonight?" "You're going to stay with daddy" I smiled "Mommy will be back in a minute" I kissed her head and walked through to the locker room.
Casey was sitting on the bench with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. I dumped my duffel bag on the floor then sat in front of him. "You ok captain?" "I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing" "Hey it will be ok you are both in the same spot" "Yeah" I tapped his shoulder "I'm here if you need me captain" I opened my locker and put my duffel bag in then closed it "Call me Casey or Matt captain is too formal" "You got it Casey" I smiled and gave his shoulder a slight squeeze then walked through to the common room.
"Mommy" I smiled and kissed Mya's head "Are you sure you don't want me to take her" I nodded "She will be at school next week and I want to spend time with my mini Halstead" I smiled "Ok well your brother just messaged me saying they have a case" "Ok be safe and have fun" "I will you be safe as well" I kissed him "I love you" "I love you too" "Bye munchkin" "Bye daddy" I kissed Mouse "Halstead can I speak to you?" I nodded "I'll look after her" "Thanks Cruz" "Mommy has to go see someone but mommy's friend Joe is going to stay here with you" "Ok mommy" I kissed her head and walked through to Casey's office.
I knocked on the door and he opened it "Come in" I smiled and walked in "Have a seat" he gestured towards his bed so I sat down and looked at him. "So what's up Matt?" "Ok, so Mya" "What about her?" "Nothing bad" I breathed a sigh of relief "So tell me about her" I nodded "She's the best thing to ever happen to me and she brought me and Jay and me and Mouse closer together normal little 6-year-old girl, to be honest, loves her elephant Fluffy won't go anywhere without him just like me and coffee" I chuckled "Yeah I suppose can you speak to Brett for me? I understand if you don't wa-" "Matt stop I'll speak to her you are like a big brother to me this whole house is like my older siblings and Matt since the day I got here a month ago yesterday I have looked up to you" "Katrina" "Call me Kat" "Kat I'm not gonna lie you are like the little sister I never got to look after" I smiled and walked over to him then hugged him "Not to jinx us but I'm bored" "I have a lot of paperwork you can do" "I'm out of here" I smiled and walked out "Halstead" I turned around "Thank you" "No problem Casey" I smiled and walked to the common room.
"Mommy Joe said he would make pancakes for me" "Did he now?" I looked up at Cruz and raised my eyebrows "I said she would have to ask you if it was ok" "You had pancakes like half an hour ago" "Please mommy" "No" "Please" I shook my head "No daddy packed you cookies for lunch so if you behave you can have one of those-" 

"Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25 Structure Fire 257 West Halstead Street" 

"Halstead bring her" I nodded and ran over and grabbed her Ipad then picked her up "You go with Matt" I kissed her head then handed her and her Ipad to Matt. I ran around and pulled on my turnout gear then jumped in 81. I started the engine and turned the light and sirens on then drove to West Halstead Street.
"Mommy, can I watch frozen?" "Frozen isn't on your Ipad erm Matt if you go onto Netflix there's a Peppa pig movie downloaded" "Peppa" I nodded "Yeah Peppa" I smiled "I don't see or smell anything probably a kitchen fire" "I hope it is" "Gallo never say that" I sighed "Just like you never say the 'q' word" I nodded and pulled up at West Halstead Street.

I grabbed my helmet and jumped out and ran around "Ok Gallo, Alex, Kidd go see where this fire is Kat with me we will do a quick sweep" I nodded and grabbed my tank and threw it on my back. I pulled my hood up then put my make and helmet on "Kat stay behind me" I nodded and walked in behind Matt. We walked around the building and there was no victims or a big fire. We walked out and I pulled off my mask, hood and helmet and walked up to Matt then gunshots were fired.
I ducked down then grabbed my radio "10-1 10-1 shot's fired 257 West Halstead Street" I looked around then opened Casey's door and lifted Mya out "Mommy I'm scared" "It's ok sweetie uncle Jay is coming" I heard Casey shout "Is everyone ok?" There was a chain of yes, yeah and I'm fines. I was holding Mya and Matt looked over to us and walked over "You both ok?" He put his hands on my shoulders "We're fine Mya's shaken up but aren't we all" He nodded then more sirens approached and gunshots were fired. I looked up and Jay was walking over with a sniper and Rojas was behind him.
"Are you ok?" "Jay I'm fine and so is Mya" "Any idea's where the gunshots were coming from?" "Somewhere behind us Matt and I walked out after doing a quick sweep of the house and I don't know why but I have a feeling I'm the target" "Don't think like that" "Well then we are the targets" "Why do you think that?" I looked between Jay, Vanessa and Matt "I was the last one out and I turned around so where ever this guy is he saw Halstead on the back of my jacket and when you got out the car he started shooting again" Jay and Vanessa nodded then walked away my breathing started getting heavier "Kat put your mask on and take a deep breath" I nodded and put my mask on and Matt walked away with Mya. I took a couple of deep breaths then my breathing started to relax so I took it off. 
Jay walked back over "We got him let's say he was after us but he won't be now" I nodded "Kat I know you won't go with ambo to med and I won't force you but you are going to med on shift we will go once intelligence tells us we can leave" I nodded "Thank you Matt" "Your my firefighter I would do it for anyone" I nodded "I'll tell Mouse you are ok"  I nodded "Thank you" I hugged Jay then stood up and took my tank off and put it back in the correct compartment then walked around to the driver's side and jumped in. "You know where" I nodded and put my helmet on the dashboard. "Thanks for holding Mya Stella" "Don't worry about it" I nodded and started the engine then drove to med.

"Casey is everything ok?" "Yeah we just have to do something" I nodded and took my turnout jacket off and lay it on my seat and pulled my suspenders down because my shoulders were hurting "Mya do you want to go see uncle Will" "Yeah" "I'll come round and get you" I jumped out and walked around. I opened the back door and Kidd handed me Mya and I put her down "Halstead I'm coming with you" I nodded and waited on Casey and we walked up to the ED.
"Halstead, Casey, erm" "Mini Halstead?" "If that's what you want me to say how can I help?" "Is Will free?" "Yeah is everything ok?" I looked at Casey "Smoke inhalation" Maggie nodded "Go into treatment 2 I'll send him in" I nodded and we walked to treatment 2.
I walked in and sat down on the bed and put Mya on my knee. "Hey big sister" "There's my little brother" I smiled and hugged him "Hey Mya" "Hi uncle Will" I kissed her head "Go sit with Matt" "So smoke inhalation" I shook my head "I...I" I turned to Casey "She had a panic attack on a call I wanted to make sure she got the all-clear to go back to work" "What was the call?" "Kitchen fire but Jay and I were targeted" "Targeted?" "Will calm down I don't need someone else panicking," I said that just as my phone buzzed "That will be Jay or Mouse panicking" I took my phone out and it was Jay "Hey little sister I hope you are ok and I don't want to ask this but the guy isn't talking and I hoped he would talk to you" "Kat what's wrong?" I handed Matt my phone "Kat you don't have to" "I know but I might with" I looked at Will "My past I probably do and he's targeting me and not Jay" "Kat" "Ok Will just clear me for duty" Will did a couple of checks on me "Ok Katrina you are fine watch your stress and drink some more" "Thanks Will" I hugged him "How about we go see daddy and uncle Jay" "Yes" "Daddy?" "Mouse" Mya ran up to me and I hugged Will again. "Ok I love you" "I love you too" "Halstead let's go I'm not going to say everything I was gonna" "Ok" "Big sister" I turned around "You are a Halstead and you take Jay's side on hospitals and help but speak to someone" I nodded "I will" I smiled and we walked out to 81.
"Mya you go with Matt" "Ok mommy" I walked around and moved my turnout jacket onto the back of my seat then jumped in and drove to the 21st.

"Hey, I'm coming" I nodded then jumped out and walked into the 21st "Morning Trudy" "Morning Katrina are you ok?" "I'm fine thanks Trudy" I felt Mya at my leg so I picked her up and put her on my hip "I'm guessing I gave intelligence another case" "Damn right you did" I smiled and walked up to the gate and put my hand on the scanner then put my pin in "They don't bite you know" "Whatever" I smiled and punched him.
"Babe" "I'm fine I've been and seen Will and I'm cleared for duty" "Daddy" I put Mya down and she ran over to Mouse "So where's this guy?" "Interrogation 1 Jay and Hailey are in there now" I nodded "Casey you gonna follow me like a lost puppy" I turned to Mouse "We need a dog" I pointed at him then turned to Casey "Or are you gonna talk to someone or are you going to help me not get shot anymore" I smirked and walked through to the interrogation 1 viewing room.
"Damn it" "You know him" I nodded "Wish I didn't right now" I sighed "I'll be back" I walked through to the interrogation room.
"Hey good to see you" I looked at James. I placed my hands on the table and looked James in the eyes "Skip the bull why shoot at us?" "I missed you, you caused me pain and I wanted you to feel that pain" "You will feel more pain in prison because you shot at police and firefighters" "Oh I'm so sad I didn't get to cause you pain" I looked between Jay, Hailey and James "James this is bull all of it I never liked you I was a desperate alcoholic and drug addict looking for a place to stay and you just happened to be there so I don't want to hear any of it" "Oh but baby" "Call me that once more and you will be seeing black" I clenched my hands into fists "Oh I'm sorry I forgot how sensitive you were" I shoved the table in the middle of the room out of the way "JAMES I MOVED HERE TO FORGET THE PAIN YOU CAUSED ME" I pulled my truck 81 shirt out of my work trousers and turnout gear. I lifted up my shirt you could see the scars on my stomach and back "YOU FORGET WHAT YOU DID TO ME BUT EVERY NIGHT I GO TO BED AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID, THE PAIN YOU CAUSED ME, THE 8 HOSPITAL VISITS IN THE 2 MONTHS I LIVED WITH YOU" I looked at Jay "Kat" "Jay no let me finish" "Truck 81, Ambulance 61 man down unknown causes 284 West 14th Street"  I sighed then tucked my shirt back into my trousers "I have to go save some lives" I pulled the door open and stormed out. 
Casey put a hand on my shoulder "Mouse we will be back we got a call" I said while pulling my suspenders up "Ok be safe" I nodded then jogged down the stairs and out to truck. I jumped in and hit the lights and drove to West 14th Street.
"Halstead why didn't you say anything" "It's my past I hate talking about it" "That why you wear long sleeves or when you don't you wear your hoodie?" I nodded "I have them everywhere he broke my arm in 5 places once I have scars all up my arms, back, over my stomach, there's one on my thigh and I have normal burn scars on some parts of my body but most of them are because of him" "Kat I'm so sorry I didn't know" "No one knew not even Jay" I sighed "Don't tell anyone please Casey" "It's not my place to tell them" I looked at him out the corner of my eye "Thanks" I smiled.

I jumped out and looked around "Why are we here?" "Looks normal" I walked over to Brett and Foster "Anything?" "GSW inside" I nodded "We will go then" I walked over to Casey "GSW" he nodded "81 PACK IT UP" I walked around and jumped back in "Brett seems off" I turned to Kidd and shrugged "Seems fine to me" I looked at Casey and started the engine then looked at Casey "Where?" "Better finish at the 21st" I nodded and drove to the 21st. "When will you tell us why we were at med and 21st?" "Never" I smiled "Gallo we all have secrets and my past is my secret and intelligence and Casey are the only ones that know about little things in my past but my past is my past" I sighed and looked out the window quickly.

I jumped out and pulled my suspenders down then walked into the 21st. Casey put his hands on my shoulders "Don't worry I'm the only member of 51 here and I'm not going to go tell people anything it's your past you tell them" I nodded "Thanks Matt" I waved to Trudy and walked over to the gate and put my stuff in then walked up to the bullpen.
"Katrina" "Babe" "Mommy" Mya ran up to me and I picked her up and put her on my hip "I'm fine I said I would be back to finish him off" I smirked "Still in interrogation 1 with Hailey but he's not talking" I nodded "Go stay with daddy" I put Mya down and she ran over to Mouse. "I'm coming with you" I turned around and looked at Casey "Come if you want" I smiled and walked to interrogation 1 with Jay.
"Oh, she returns" I clenched my hands into fists. "So baby girl did you" I walked up to him and punched him in the face. I turned around and looked at Jay "I don't care" I nodded "They scars on my body made me stronger the time I thought about joining the army was because of you the reason I became a firefighter was you, my mom and stepdad and I should say you are all now in prison" "Don't think I care" I pulled my shirt out of my trousers and lifted it up so you could see my stomach "HOW ABOUT YOU TELL MY BIG BROTHER, BOSS AND FRIEND HOW I GOT THAT SCAR" "Oh that was fun that one" I sighed then turned around and showed them the big scar down my side "He decided to get a knife and drag it down my side because I didn't make dinner one night and I ordered pizza" I turned around and showed them the scar on my back "From when he held me hostage and shoved a gun into my back then decided a knife was better and stabbed me in the back" I tucked my truck 81 shirt back into my work trousers "You know I never reported all the things you did you me but I wish I did starting with the first thing you did when I was 16 and you thought I was drunk" I knew Jay and Hailey already knew what I was talking about "I have to get back to work" I hugged Jay then opened the door and walked out. Casey put his hands on my shoulders and stopped me "Hand" I lifted my right hand up "Go get an ice pack 81 can wait a few more minutes" I shook my head "I'll get one from ambo I can't drive with an ice pack on my hand" "Someone else can drive" "Nope they won't park it straight" I smirked "Go get Mya and an ice pack Kidd can drive it and you can park it" I nodded and walked to the bullpen. 
I quickly wiped away the few tears filling in my eyes "Are there any ice packs left for us Halsteads?" "Who did Jay punch now?" "No one I don't think" I narrowed my eyes "Who did he punch?" "Someone this morning" I nodded "Ok well I'm going to get an ice pack for myself" I walked into the breakroom and grabbed an ice pack "Halstead" I turned around "If you need anything let us know and I'll send someone" "Thank you Hank" I smiled "Mya let's go you'll see daddy later" "Ok mommy" I walked down the stairs behind Casey "Hey Antonio" "Halstead, Casey everything ok?" "Well as good as it can be after getting targeted by an ex-boyfriend" I looked at Mya "Mya you go with Matt" "Ok mommy" I put my hand on the scanner "You ok? You look like you are going to cry" "I'll wait till I get back to the firehouse before I cry" I smiled and put my pin in then walked up to the bullpen. "Antonio Dawson is back" I smiled and quickly hugged Antonio "Stop by 51" I patted his back then jogged down the stairs and out to truck.
"Halstead I'm still not letting you drive" "Casey I'm fine" "Ok drive then" I nodded and walked around and jumped in. I put my hands on the wheel and winced in pain a slight bit "You are not fine" "I'll see Sylvie or Foster when I get back" "Ok fine" I drove back to 51.

I jumped out and took my turnout gear off "Mya you go inside mommy will be there in a minute" "Ok mommy" I walked over to ambo. "How are you doing?" "Still confused" I nodded "Anyone would be but can you look at my hand?" I showed her my hand and she touched it and I winced in pain "You should go get it x-rayed I'll bandage it but I think it's broken or fractured" I nodded "Great that's 6-8 weeks off the job" I sighed and let Sylvie bandage my hand "I better go tell Casey" I jumped out the back of ambo "Mya can you stay with Joe for a minute" "Ok mommy" I kissed her head and walked through to Casey's quarters.
I knocked on his door and walked in "Sit down" I nodded and sat on his bed. "What did Sylvie say?" "She thinks it's broken or fractured" "I'm not sending you into fires then" I nodded. Mouch walked in "Casey, Halstead we are about to post the sign up for the battle of the badges" I smirked "Mouch when is it?" "2 months so you have time to train" I sighed "Well I can't do this one" "Yeah you can don't do anything with it and then you have time to train it might be sprained" I nodded and we walked out to the common room.

"Ok so as we know it's 51 vs 21st as normal but this time we are letting females compete" "Should we feel honoured that we can box?" "Erm I don't know what to say" "I do 3 veces campeón de la escuela Secundaria, Segundo dos veces y Estaba en guantes plateados Pero me rompí la mano, así que no pude pelear" (3-time high school champion, second twice and was in silver gloves but broke my hand so couldn't fight) "Anyone want to translate"
"3-time high school champion, second twice and was in silver gloves but broke my hand so couldn't fight" I smiled and looked at Antonio "Didn't know you boxed" "Not many people did" I walked up to him and hugged him "Here" He handed me some keys "Spare keys to my gym get the address from Jay" "Thanks Antonio" "What did you do?" "Punch the ex-boyfriend I was telling you about" he shook his head "You better sign up Halstead" I might" I walked over to the sign-up sheet and wrote my name down. I smiled and walked over to Mya's bag and took her lunch out of it and handed it to her "Eat your sandwich first" "Ok mommy" I grabbed mine and ate my salad while everyone was talking "Halstead" I turned around "I'm in town for a couple of weeks if your hand isn't broken I'll train you" I smiled "Thanks Antonio" I grabbed my bagel and started eating it "Halstead give me some" I sighed and handed the rest of my bagel to Sylvie "I would punch you right now if my hand wasn't sore" I turned around and grabbed my cookies and started eating them. "Mya you play on your Ipad" "Ok mommy" I got up and walked through to Casey's quarters.

"Do you mind?" "No come in and sit down" I walked over to his bed and sat down "I needed somewhere private where someone knew so I wouldn't have to explain" Casey got up and closed the blinds then his door. "Go ahead" I put my head in my hands and I felt the tears falling down my face then felt an arm around my shoulders pulling me in closer. I lay my head on his chest and let my tears fall "siento esto" (I'm sorry for this) "Kat I have no idea what you just said" I chuckled "I'm sorry for this" "Kat don't worry about it anyone would act the same way" I wiped my tears away when there was a knock on the door "Halstead Mouse and Jay are here" "Great" I muttered under my breath and nodded. "Gracias" "De nada" "So you do know Spanish" I smirked "I know the basics" I opened his door and walked out to the common room.
"Hey" "Hey what's wrong?" "Nothing" "So why are you both here?" I could feel my heart racing "I came to pick Mya up and I came to see my little sister" I sighed "It's 3 pm you should both be at work" "Daddy" "Ok Mya's bag is in the corner and her Ipad is at the squad table with Fluffy" "Ok" I kissed him "no Puedo hacer esto" (I can't do this) I muttered under my breath and walked to the locker room and sat down on the bench.

I let the tears fall down my face I'm done being strong and having to be the person who runs into burning buildings then loses someone and only shows a little bit of emotion. I thought once I moved to Chicago my past wouldn't follow me from my mom to James showing up I can't do it anymore. I need something to help me forget what happened, to stop those dreams I keep having, to forget all the people that I lost in fires or car crashes and to forget all those times I was abused.
 I felt some arms around me pulling me closer. "Kat it's ok" I leaned my head into Casey's chest "I can't be strong anymore Matt" "No one can be strong not forever showing emotions is normal" I nodded slightly "Want me to phone Jay or Mouse?" I shook my head "Can you phone Will he's less likely to overreact" "Ok want me to keep everyone out?" I nodded "Please" "Ok you stay here" I moved off the bench and stood up against the lockers and let my body slide down until I was on the floor. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs. I slowly rocked back and forward without even knowing it slowly finding it harder and harder to breathe because of how much I was panicking.

Will's POV 

I walked into 51 and everyone was sitting in the common room "Will thanks for coming" "Of course whats up?" "Your sister" "Where is she?" "Follow me" I followed Casey into the locker room and Katrina was sitting up against the lockers with her legs up to her chest and her arms wrapped around her leg. She was shaking terribly and she was slowly rocking back and forward. "Thanks, Casey" I walked over to Katrina and sat down next to her. I put my arms around her and pulled her in closer "I can't do it anymore Will" I put my chin on her head then kissed her head. "Katrina, why don't I get you an appointment with Dr Charles get some stuff to help you" She nodded slightly "Don't tell Jay or Mouse" "I won't" She sat up and looked at me "I'm sorry" "You have nothing to be sorry for but what happened to your hand?" "Punched someone Sylvie thinks it's either broken, fractured or sprained" "Let's see" She moved her hand towards me "I'll go to med after shift" "No you won't you will come with me now an hour at most"

Katrina's POV

I shook my head "I've already took enough detours to last me a year off the job I'll go tomorrow" "I'm not asking" "Ok fine but you can ask Matt" I wiped the tears away from my face "I think it might be better if you ask him" "Ok fine" I got up and walked through to the common room. 
Casey was sitting in his normal seat so I sat on the table in front of him "Yes Kat" "Will wants to take me to med for my hand" "Ok I'll cover for you" "Thank you Matt" I smiled and jumped off the table.  "I owe you a beer" I smiled and walked out to Will "I'm clear-" "Kat" I turned around "Take your turnout if we get a call we will pick you up" I nodded "Thanks Matt" I smiled and walked over to 81 and pulled my turnout trousers and radio on and left my suspenders down and threw my turnout jacket over my shoulder and put my helmet under my arm "Ok let's go before you have to grab more gear" "I don't have any more gear" I smiled and we walked out to Will's car. I threw my hat and jacket in the back of his car. I climbed in and looked out the window "Can I say something without you hitting me?" "Depends what it is" I looked at him "You stink of smoke" I slapped him "That's a stupid thing to say because I ran into a burning building this morning wearing these exact things then I got shot at" "Ok that was dumb" I smiled "Thank you Will" "It's my job" "No your job is to be the annoying little brother to Jay and I and to save people from dying" I smiled.

I opened the back door and took out my jacket and threw it over my shoulder and grabbed my helmet and put it under my arm "Why do you have to bring all this?" "In case there is a call" "Leave it in the car" "Take too long" "How are you going to get back?" "Wait for 61 and catch a ride back with them" 
"Dr Halstead, Halstead" I nodded "Maggie where's free?" "Treatment 4" I looked at Will "We will go in there then" We walked into treatment 2 and I hung my jacket on the back of the chair and put my helmet behind me on the bed. "Ok April can you get the portable x-ray so Katrina can stay down here in case she gets a call" "Of course" I sat and looked at my phone until I had my x-ray then Will walked in "Don't do what you did to Sylvie" "I won't you have a boxer's fracture so I'll give you a splint" "Will can I box?" "Give it 4 weeks to 6 weeks before you try boxing or punching anything with your right hand I would also say no fires but car crashes are fine" April walked in with a splint and put it on "Ok take it off for showers, baths" "Will I know when to take  it off" "Ok watch when you pick Mya up as well" I nodded "Hey Halstead you need a ride?" I looked at Will "Yeah it's fine for you to go" I nodded and grabbed my helmet and jacket and walked over to Will and hugged him "Phone me with an appointment" "I will" I walked over to Brett and Foster "And?" "Boxers fracture" I sighed and we walked out to the ambo. I sat in the middle in between Foster and Brett "So you know Antonio" I nodded "Met him yesterday before" "Yeah I didn't know you two were close" "We aren't really yet" I sighed 

I jumped out and walked over to truck and took my turnout gear off then walked into the common room with my hands in my pockets "Kat" I turned around "What did your brother say?" I took my right hand out of my pocket "Boxers fracture no fires but everything else I can do" "How long?" "4-6 weeks" I sighed "Go get some sleep you have had a stressful day" I shook my head "I can't sleep" "Go use my quarters then" I shook my head "It's fine Casey I want to do something" "Take a ride?" "Can't drive" I smirked "Go to bed before I carry you like a fire victim to your bed" I sighed "You would lift me upside down so I'm going to go to bed" I smiled and walked through to the bunk room and lay on my bed. Within minutes I was sound asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 335 28
Samantha Halstead thought she'd have it figured out by now, should be working full time as a nurse after all her schooling, and training. However, sh...
128K 2.2K 24
Alicia Halstead is the younger sister of Jay and Will Halstead. Alicia moved to Seattle when she was just nineteen to be a paramedic firefighter. Th...
103K 1.8K 44
Lily Jacobs is the new paramedic on ambulance 61 with Leslie Shay. On Jacobs first day she catches the eye of the lieutenant Kelly Severide. The only...
116K 1.6K 24
Will and Jay Halstead lead normal lives, or so they thought. What will happen when a 15 year old girl shows up at Chicago med injured? Is she really...