Come Rain or Shine

Od molkkangmolkkang

Mina pursues a career as vocal teacher and trainer at universities and entertainment agencies, she's a workin... Více

Hey there!
A long story short
Burn bridges
Well begun is half done
Breaking the ice
Hang in there
It ain't over till the fat lady sings
On cloud nine
Bite the bullet
Best thing since sliced bread
Break a leg
A piece of cake
Through thick and thin
We see eye to eye
A dime a dozen
Picture is worth 1000 words
Face the music
Add insult to injury
Make hay while the sun shines
Once bitten, twice shy
Easy does it
Get out of hand
Breaking ground
Better late than never
Get something off chest
Sweet nothings
Over the hill
So far so good
There are clouds on the horizon
Fortune favours the bold
It takes two to tango
Weather the storm
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
The elephant in the room
Shape up or ship out
On thin ice
Intermezzo - Q & A Session
Wild goose chase
Throw caution to the wind
It's raining cats and dogs
Get into deep water
Second bite of the cherry
In mint condition
Sticky end
Head in the clouds
Let the dust settle
Twist someone's arm
Devil's advocate
Every cloud has a silver lining
Sail close to the wind
Crack under pressure
A blessing in disguise
Come rain or shine
Curtain call
Thank you!

Once in a blue moon

3.2K 171 14
Od molkkangmolkkang

Before they know it, it's May already. The day Sujin would leave South Korea for her boarding school in Seattle. Mina would deliver her daughter all by herself while also visiting her parents. Bang Chan can't send her off to the states due to his work here.

He drove her daughter to the airport.

They take the meal outside the departure area before the boarding time. It's going to be an 11 hours non-stop flight, and it's going to be hella tiring for both of them. Sujin spent her last day in Korea eating Lotteria at the airport, she would miss the flavor she said.

Though Chan never really shows it, he cares about her daughter a lot. But he can't express the feeling too well.

"Okay, Sujin-ah, take care. If there's any trouble you could call me. If you already decided which instrument you want to pursue, please call me as well"

Sujin hugs her father.

"I will dad, you take care. I love you Dad"

Sujin tightens the hugs. Bang Chan awkwardly coughs and says I love you back to her daughter.

Chan then looked at Sujin, who presumably was still angry at him for giving an idea to her daughter about boarding school abroad.

"You take care as well, call me as soon you arrive there"

Sujin only nods.

They go to the gate, Sujin keeps waving goodbye to her dad. Bang Chan also looked at her daughter once again. Mina walked still, unable to see his face.

By 4.40 pm, they fly to Seattle.

Hello Seattle. Well, it's been countless times Mina been here. Her parents live here. Mina was born in the states, but her family soon moved to Japan, back to their hometown. Around grade 5, Mina and her family moved to Seoul. Mina finished her elementary and middle school in Seoul. But then her dad had to move again, this time back to the U.S, Mina wanted to pursue her dream to be an opera singer in South Korea, so she stayed in Seoul with her brother who that time was a senior at a Korean high school. Mina then took a university exam in Seoul as well and got herself enrolled at the most prestigious, Seoul National University. Well, studying isn't a hard thing to do for Mina.

Mina knows her way around in Seattle. She doesn't need her parents to pick her up anymore. From SEA-TAC she immediately takes her rented car to the Capitol Hill area, to her parents. Mina already delivered Sujin's things to her parents' place. Sujin would enter her dormitory on Sunday morning, so she got 2 days left to spend with her daughter.

On Friday, Mina and Sujin visited Target to buy essential things. She's an Asian parent who always prepared everything in advance. Not only that, but Mina also cooked her daughter so many side dishes to be stored. Well, every parent knows, it isn't easy to be parted from your child like that. Mina knows that Sujin would be okay, Sujin is about to enter the best school in the U.S, Mina shouldn't be worried. And, her parents also live in the same city, they could check on her granddaughter once a while.

A day went too long, all they do is just shopping for the day, bringing so many things. Mina and Sujin went to the school, just to see it closer from the outside. Mina feels reassured knowing that the school is so good, and they teach their students well.

It's been a long time since Mina visited Seattle. 3 years to be exact. Mina didn't have a hometown anymore. Guess Seattle became her hometown now since her parents live here. She used to go to the states every Christmas, but she didn't do that anymore since she got married. She became busy with her work and her classes.

On Saturday night, a day before entering the dorm, her parents wanted to take Sujin to see her relatives. Mina didn't like meeting them. Ever since she was a kid, Mina always dodged her big family. She's too lazy to meet them. Instead, Mina went exploring Seattle all by herself like she used to. Mina went to the market, the big market. She loves the vibe there. She remembered that Chan and her always spend both of their time there when they're visiting Seattle.

The good old times.

Sometimes Mina can't help it but feel lonely. Chan, her husband is now too busy. Too busy to even spend a night home. He's always away. She gets it. Being the second in command of the biggest entertainment in Korea carries a lot of responsibilities. But she's lonely. That's why Mina is busying herself with so many things. She always feels guilty about her kid.

This isn't what she signed up for. She always thought that at her age right now, she would have traveled across Europe, or maybe living in Vienna, to become the greatest opera singer. But it's just vanished like that. Her dreams, her career.

If it's not because of Chan, perhaps Mina is still living in a pit hole. But again, she never imagined that Chan would turn her world upside down as well.

She made a stop at the Royal Room. Mina's favorite bar in Seattle. She always visited the place. Saturday would be packed as they would serve the restaurant with very good live music.

Well actually it isn't packed, Mina got to sit at the bar since she was there alone. She just wanted to enjoy the night with some live music. It is perfect, it's a blues and jazz night, the music isn't too loud but people are still excited about the band.

Mina orders a cold beer, a perfect beverage for tonight. She sits at the barstool and turns the chair to see the performance. It's been a long time since she got her own time and enjoyed her life like this. She's shouting to the performer as they start to play some tunes from the late T-Bone Walker. An old blues musician. Mina's dad introduced his music to her. Sure, this bar would always be her sanctuary in Seattle. No one gets her music taste sometimes. Mina could be a theatre performer, an opera singer once, her world revolves around the classical and musical type of music. But her inner side enjoys blues and jazz a lot. No one gets that sometimes, only her family.

And one person, she knew all Mina's weird music taste and got her.

Before even she knows it, it's already 10 pm. She should go home. Tomorrow morning she would deliver her daughter to the dorm, and live separately with her for a long time. Thinking about it makes her sad again. She couldn't bear to think that she will live apart from her one and only daughter. Mina steps up from the bar and takes care of her bills. The night is still young for the bar for certain. Lots of people come in even after 10.

Well, it's Saturday.

She goes outside and opens up her phone to order herself an Uber.

She got the driver, but still 10 minutes to arrive at her place. She's patiently waiting on the pedestrian, sometimes looking back to the loud sound from the bar and smile to herself. It was indeed a piece of good music, the performer deserves all the shouts and applause.

She then looks at the front door once again, as a person comes out from the door with a guitar on the back.

She froze.

She didn't want to believe it. She can't believe her eyes now.

Mina thought that she knew this person, the latter didn't change a lot since the last time she saw. But, is it really the person tho?

Mina isn't that drunk to knows her reality.

She still knows the figure, still knows it too well for some reason. Then the girl turns her body to face Mina's direction.

Just as Mina froze like a statue, so did the girl. The latter's jaw drops and she immediately covered it and she smiled at Mina.

Until the girl called her name while shaking her head in disbelief, coming to her direction.

"Myoi Mina?"

Mina could only smile. But the latter rush to hug her. It all happens too fast.

"Oh my god, it's you?"

Mina nods in her embrace.

The girl then releases her embrace, while still holding Mina's arms in hers. Still looking at her in disbelief.

"Long time no see, Son Chaeyoung"

"Oh my God, oh my God! I am sorry, I am still shocked. Myoi Mina?"

"Yeah......... It's me"

"Wha....what are you doing here? In Seattle?"

Mina is about to answer her, but the girl cuts her.

"Ah, your parents live here!"

Mina nods at her. Chaeyoung still remembers.

There was a silent pause, a possible awkward moment.

"Were you just inside?" Chaeyoung shot the question.

"Yes"

"No shit, I was there too. I didn't see you"

Chaeyoung is still in disbelief looking at Mina, she could only stare at her.

"Anyway, how are you?" Chaeyoung continued.

"I am doing great, Chaeyoung"

Chaeyoung looking at my phone, the Uber app is open.

"Are you going home?"

Mina only nods.

"Oh, cancel that. Let me take you then"

"Oh no please, I don't want to interrupt your night"

"I am heading home as well, don't worry. Where do you live by the way?"

"Capitol Hill"

"Great, I live near Madison Valley, it's quite near from Capitol Hill and I don't take no for an answer, Minari"

Minari.

Minari.

The way Chaeyoung called Mina with her old nicknames somehow makes Mina's heartbeat rapidly faster than ever.

"Alright..........then"

Mina can't resist a ride, it's just a ride anyway. It's good to have a company in this city as well, she thought. Mina canceled her Uber.

They both go to the parking lot and stop in front of a car, an old blue Camaro. Not good old, but old old. More like junk to Mina. The front part of the car isn't really attached to the car anymore.

"Chaeyoung-ah, the last time I saw you, you are the heir of Son and Son Group, a Korean chaebol. Your family own companies across the globe"

Chaeyoung opens the car for Mina.

"Hehe, it's a long story"

Mina then goes for the car. Thank God, even then outer appearance is bad, the inside isn't bad at all.

Chaeyoung goes inside as well.

"I've been busy and didn't have the time to get it fixed. And you know, I really love vintage stuff"

"Alright, alright" Mina laughs at her statement.

Funny that Mina sees Chaeyoung after 15 years. 

Here in Seattle. 

----

Anyway, #HappyChaeyoungDay

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

257K 12K 64
Son Chaeyoung, a tyrant and philander woman hold the reputation for so long. Not caring for others nor anyone, a remorseless human being. She lives h...
8K 350 49
Another Michaeng genderbend story 😌 My second book of a new story about Michaeng🫶🏻 From strangers to lovers, Mina and Chaeyoung are head over heel...
77.9K 2.6K 14
Their life after Twice would be so much different. What could possibly happen when they meet again at the age of late 30? After splitting for nearly...
79.5K 2K 21
⚠️: Bye innocent/sensitive people~🔞 Son Chaeyoung, the Crown Princess of the modern Kingdom of Korea. She is competent and wise as the Crown Princ...