Dwyer (A Twilight Fanfic) {S...

By SophThomp5

Four things I was absolutely positive on. First, Bella is in love with a vampire Second, I'm a... More

Chapter 1: Moving In
Chapter 2: A letter
Chapter 3: Apologies and Thank You's
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mr. Cullen
Chapter 7: Silhouette
A/N
Chapter 8: Port Angeles
Chapter 9: Phone Call
Chapter 10: Bella and Edward
Chapter 11: Small Talk
Chapter 12: Ignored
Chapter 13: Liar
Chapter 14: Impossible
Chapter 15: Good ol' Bonding
A/N

Chaper 6: Scary Stories

173 3 2
By SophThomp5

It's now the day me and Bells are going to La push first beach, and I'm super excited. We got to the parking lot of Newton's Olympic Outfitters, and Bella parked inbetween Mike's Suburban and Tyler's Sentra. Once we got out of the truck I saw two girls giving Bells dirty looks and whispering to each other. I glared at them and they quit what they were doing. "You both came," Mike said sounding delighted to see us both. He had a huge smile on his face as he said, " And I said it would be sunny today, didn't I ?" "I told you we were coming," I said to Mike smiling just a bit. "We're just waiting on Lee and Samantha  . . .unless you invited someone," Mike said lookng at Bells and I. "Nope," said Bella. A few minutes later, we were all trying to fit in Mike's Suburban and let's just say I wished I had the window seat like Bella. I wanted to have fresh air because I was being squeezed and I could hardly breathe. As we were driving I could see hints of the green forests that surrounded the roads, I just wish I could have a better view of them. We finally parked and I could breathe again. When I was out of the cramped Surburban, I finally got to take in the beauty of the beach. I wandered away from the group since they seemed to have forgotten about me. It's hard describe but all I could manage to say is, "Wow! It's so beautiful." 

"It sure is," said someone coming up from behind me. I didn't know this voice because I can practically remember what everyone sounds like. The voice was definetly not female, so it must have been a male. 'Duh you idiot,' I thought to myself. I turned around to find the voice of this mysterious person, to see a boy with copper skin, straight black hair, and brown orbs. He seemed pretty tall compared to me he was probably only a few inches taller than me (with me only being 5'2). "You're Alyssa Dwyer, Isabella Swan's sister right," asked the boy? I found it weird that he new our names, but I decided not be rude but polite. "Yep. You can me Lyssa though," I said holding out my hand for him to shake. He happily obliged and shook it with a smille on his face. "I'm Jacob Black. Charlie bought the truck off my dad," said Jacob. 'Okay did I miss something. I don't remember this at all, you know what I'll just go along with it,' I thought.  "Oh yeah I remember that. Bells and Charlie were talking about it," I said. "So what brings you here to the rez," Jacob asked? "I'm just here with my sister and her friends," I said pointing to the people over by the water messing around. "Want to come meet my friends, I promise they won't bite," said Jacob, "Oh and if they say something about a bet ignore it." I raise my eyebrow at his last sentence, but nod my head. "What's this so called bet about Jacob Black," I questioned. "Uh .  .  .my friends will tell you once we get to them. And please call me Jake." "Fine then Jake," I said.

Jake and I walk across the beach to a small group consisting of two teenage boys. They were both fairly tall, one of the boys had long black hair, and the other had short curly black hair. They also had copper skin and brown orbs. When we got over there they were laughing and then both smirked when they saw Jake and I. I kinda got the hint on what the bet was, when I saw Jake's flushed face. "Oh look Jake's back, and he brought a girl. Quil you owe me five dollars," said the boy with long black hair. The boy who sat next to him who I assumed was Quil just frowned and handed the boy a five dollar bill. "Boys," I muttered. "What was that," Asked the Quil kid? "Nothing. And Jake aren't you going to introduce me to your dear friends," I said a bit teasing. "Oh you two are on a nickname basis now," said the boy sitting next to Quil. "Shut up Embry," said Jake. I sit myself down on one of the logs next to Embry, I think was his name. "Are you two going to introduce yourselves or am I going to give you both nicknames that I'll use to call both, and,you'll hate in the future," I said raising my eyebrow. "We'll introduce ourselves if . . you tell us your name and I'd like to hear the nicknames you came up with for us," said the Embry kid holding out his hand. "Okay deal," I said shaking his hand. I know this might sound crazy but I thought I felt tiny sparks when I touched Embry's hand. But I simply shrugged them off. "So what's your name chica," said Quil? "My name is Alyssa but only my friends call me Lyssa," I said matter-of-factly. "Ouch that hurt right here Lyssa," said Embry putting a hand on his heart and with a mocked hurt face. I playfully rolled my eyes at him before continuing. "As for your nicknames, Jacob's is Jakester, your's (pointing to Quil) is Curly, and finally you (pointing at Embry) Mr. Obnoxious."

At this point I couldn't control my laughter because those nicknames were hilariously stupid. "Hey! When did I get included in this?" Asked Jakester. "When you brought me over here," I said with sass clearly evident in my tone. "Now boys a deal is a deal, tell me your name's other than Jakester over there," I said to the boys now completly serious. "Okay then Lyssa," said the Embry kid, "I'm Embry Call." "And I'm the handsome Quil Ateara," said Quil. "Ignore him," said Jakester. "Now Jakester why would I ignore my friends," I said looking at Jacob. He just rolls his eyes and then says he's going to go find my sister. 'How dare he leave me with my two idiotic friends' I thought. "So now that the Jakester's gone, will you tell me what you two idiots betted on," I said to the boys. They both raise their eyebrows and giving me a look that says 'do you really want to know the answer to that' . I just mimick them, and then we all start to burst out laughing. After are laughing subsided, they told me how they betted Jacob to get me to come over to him and his friends. To me I thought it was a stupid bet, but who cares they're boys and they do stupid things. "Okay idiots I'm going to find my sister whose with the Jakester. Also here's my number so that way we can all get together sometime," I said knowing that would put them off the edge. When I turn to look at them they seemed very shocked that a girl was actually giving them her number. "Okay seriously you guys got to work on your facial expressions because Quil right now you look constipated," I said chuckling. Quil just frowns while Embry laughs as I hand them my number on two separate pieces of paper. How did they get there? I guess I'll never know.

I walk away with a smile across my face, and headed over to the bigger group of people were my sister was surprisingly by. "Hey Alyssa, were did you go we were about to send out a search party," said Eric teasing. I roll my eyes and then sneakily follow Jacob and my sister. They were talking and they didn't even see me following them, which I find hilarious. "Do you like scary stories," Jacob asked Bells? "I love them," said Bella enthused. "I like scary stories," I muttered to myself. They obviously didn't hear me since I was hiding, and sat down by a driftwood tree. Its roots were sticking out in lots of places. I sat down on one of the roots out of sight so they didn't find me spying on them. Jakester began talking again, and I tried to stay very silent. "Do you know any of our old stories, about where we came from--the Quileutes, I mean," said Jake beginning the story. "Not really," said Bella. "No but I'm intrigued to know," I whispered to myself. "Well, there are lots of legends, some of them claiming to date back to the flood--supposedly, the ancient Quileutes tied their canoes to the tops of the tallest trees on the mountain to survive like Noah and the ark." Jacob smiled at Bells. I playfully rolled my eyes, as he tried to show Bells how little stock he put into the histories.

"Another legend claims that we descended from wolves-- and that the wolves are our brothers still. It's against tribal law to kill them. Then there are the stories about the cold ones," said Jacob as his voice went a bit lower at the last part. I knew about the story of the cold ones because I hang out with them more than I do my own sister. And also because we're friends. "The cold ones?" Asked Bella. I could tell she was now interested in hearing on what Jake had to say. "Yes. There are stories of the cold ones as old as the wolf legends, and some much more recent. According to legend my own great-grandfather  knew some of them. He was the one who made the treaty that kept them off our land." Jacob rolled his eyes at that, as did I just to mock him, but he doesn't need to know that. I decided it would be best for me to just reveal myself now, and than give Jakester my number so that way he wouldn't be left out.  "Your great-grandfather?" Questioned Bella. "Yes his great-grandfather. Were you not listening," I said poping out of my hiding spot. "I'm listening. And how long have you been standing there," Asked Bella? "Since Jakester over here said and I quote 'Do you like scary stories', " I said hand-gesturing quotation marks. Jacob just chuckled and then helped me get down from my hiding spot. "Why thanks Jake," I said and than gave him a small peck on the cheek. "Y-your welcome Lyssa," said Jacob blushing profusely. Bella just raised an eyebrow at me, before giggiling at my antics. "Oh and Jakester here's my number, I gave it to Quil and Embry so that way we can all get together sometime," I said handing him a piece of paper with my number on it, "And also please continue this scary story."

Jake seemed just as surprised as Quil and Embry, but took the peice of paper anyway, and then nodded to signal he was going to continue. "He was a tribal elder like my father. You see, the cold ones are the natural enemies of the wolf-- well, not the wolf, really, but the wolves that turn into men, like our ancestors. You would call them werewolves." "Werewolves have enemies?" I asked curious. "Only one," said Jacob. Bella just stared at him, obviously impatient to hear the end. "So you see," Jacob continued, "the cold ones are traditionally our enemies. But this pack that came to our territory during my great-grandfather's time was different. They didn't hunt the way the others of their kind did-- they weren't supposed to be dangerous to the tribe. So my great-grandfather made a truce with them. If they would promise to stay off our lands, we wouldn't expose them to the pale-faces." He said winking at Bella and I. I just rolled my eyes again for what felt like the millionth time today. "If they weren't dangerous, then why . . .?" Said Bells struggling to understand his story. I just stayed silent as Jacob continued the story. "There's always a risk for humans to be around the cold ones, even if they're civilized like this clan was. You never know when they might get too hungry to resist," said Jake as he deliberately worked a thick edge of menace into his tone. I decided to go along with it and pretend I didn't know anything about the cold ones. So I asked, "What do you mean 'civilized'?" 

"They claimed that they didn't hunt humans. They supposedly were somehow able to prey on animals instead," said Jake answering my question, even if I already knew the answer. "So how does it fit in with the Cullens? Are they like the cold ones your great-grandfather met?" Asked Bella. Now I know what they were talking about earlier. "No," said Jacob dramatically pausing for effect. I stifle a laugh at his foolish behaviour, before he started to finish his story. "They are the same ones." I looked over at Bella who had fear written across her face. Me and Jake just smile at her expresion, Jakester seemed pleased by it before continuing more. "There are more of them now, a new female and a new male, but the rest are the same. In my great-grandfather's time they already knew of the leader, Carlisle. He'd been here and gone before your people had even arrived," said Jacob fighting his smile. "And what are they?" I asked. Bells finished my question for me, "What are the cold ones?"  Jacob smiled a smile I didn't like, then answered our questions. "Blood drinkers. Your people call them vampires." Said the chilling voice of Jacob Black.

Bella turned to stare at the rough turf, not to expose her expression. "You girls got goosebumps?" Jacob laughed delightedly at this. "Not in the slightest Jakester," I said showing him my goosebump free arms. "You're a good storyteller though," I said beating Bella to it. "Pretty crazy stuff, though isn't it? No wonder my dad doesn't want us to talk about it to anyone," said Jake. "Don't worry, Alyssa and I won't give you away." said Bells still not looking at us. "Okay you two I'm going to head back to see if Quil and Embry want to be goofballs with me so see ya," I said waving to them before jogging over to my two idiotic friends. When I get over there they were just like I left them. "Lyssa your back, I thought Jake had kidnapped you or something," said Quil. "Oh please, we all know he wouldn't have the guts to do it beacuse my step-dad's the cheif of police, Curly," I said jokingly as I ruffeled his hair before I sat inbetween the two boys. I'm still trying to grasp the concept that I'm adopted, but it's okay since I had accepted it anyway. I couldn't take the small comfortable silence anymore so I broke it by laughing. Unexpectedly, Quil and Embry join in on the laughing fest. And then we became complete goofballs. I was being chased by both boys because they were going to throw me into the water, for something I said.

The chasing was interupted when Mike told everyone it was time to go beacuse it looked like it was going to rain. That earned a bunch of groaning coming from Embry and Quil, which just made me laugh. I gave my friends hugs much to there protest, and then got in the front seat of Mike's Suburban with Jessica. Bella got in the back with Tyler and Angela, and when I turned to look at her she had her head resting against the back of the seat with her eyes closed. I guess she was trying to not think about Jacob's scary story. I was too but it was just stuck in my head. 'It's just a story that doesn't make it true. But then again the story of the cold ones is true, so I guess anything is possible with the supernatural,' I thought before I closed my eyes and drifted off into a light-nap.                             

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.7K 2.7K 21
⤷ ᴛʜᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇ & ʀᴏꜱᴇᴍᴀʀʏ ᴄᴜʟʟᴇɴ I don't own the Twilight Saga, only my OCs and their plot. I also don't own any media I use in the story. For the...
2.2K 95 10
I must've done something wrong to be left so lonely. Twilight / Paul Lahote screamstu, 2023
89.7K 2K 15
Lie number 1: Charlie is single until Breaking Dawn. Lie number 2: Bella is an only child. Lie number 3: Jacob is madly in love with Bella. Basically...
4.5K 145 27
All it takes is one moment, one decision, one person, to change your life from everything is normal to the world is full of things like vampires and...