P.O.T.U.S. (manxman)**Short S...

By ladydianna01

What do you do when you hold the highest office in the United States of America, a widower with two teenage c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16

Chapter 15

20.1K 746 172
By ladydianna01

Chapter 15

The South Lawn flowers (White House) 

photo courtesy of www.flickr.com/photos/mbell1975/22445933086

Mason

Tumbling out of bed, I vowed to make whoever it was banging incessantly on my bedroom door pay with their fucking life for interrupting my sleep. I felt like I just went to bed, dammit.

"What, the hell..." I barked as I shoved my service weapon in the back of my sweats before throwing my bedroom door open and giving in to the temptation of shooting the fucker standing there.

"So...so sorry to bother so early Agent Carter, Sir. But I was told to come get you immediately. POTUS is on the move without his usual security detail. Agent Marks said to inform you right away." The nervous rookie agent shifted as if he would rather be doing anything else at o' dark-thirty in the morning than standing here telling me this bullshit.

"What do you mean POTUS is on the move? Where the hell is he going this time of the morning." I snapped as I turned on my heels to grab my phone, and a hoodie. I shoved my feet into the first available pair of sneakers I could find, and I strapped on my holster and secured my weapon.

The rookie was hot my heels as I charged down the hallway heading straight for the security room to see what the hell was going on. Damn, this was not the time for POTUS to be throwing a fit or whatever the fuck's going on the that beautiful head of his. It's like he's trying his best to test my ever-loving patience between his snit yesterday and this pulling this shit now.

"Status update. Who has eyes on POTUS and where the hell is he going?" I snapped as I entered the coordinated chaos of the security room. I headed straight for the bank of monitors mounted on the wall across the room.

"Bring up the private wing and give me time stamps. Now." I demanded of the tech operating the multiple surveillance cameras covering every inch of the house and surrounding property. His fingers flew over the keyboard in his haste to get me what I wanted.

"We've got eyes on POTUS. He's just inside the perimeter of the South lawn. It looks like he is headed for the rose gardens, Sir. Should we approach on your command and return to him to the house?" The disembodied voice of the Agent reported through the speaker of the office's comm link.

"Negative. Give him his space, but keep in within your sights. I'm on my way." I said as the tech switched the view from the interior of the house to the outer lawn. I watched the man I have come to care about more than appropriately possible dressed almost identical as I was in sweatpants and a hooded shirt. A baseball cap was pulled low over his face as he trudged through the early morning dampness still coating the lush green grass of the South lawns. He looked like he dragged himself out of bed and just decided he could stand another minute of being inside the house.

My heart thudded in my chest. The dejected slump of those wide shoulders told a story all it itself. I turned around and made my way through the now bustling hallway. I spied several of Jaxon's Aides rushing towards me. I held up my hand to cut off the barrage of questions I knew was getting ready to spew out their mouths. Now was definitely not the time.

"No, I don't know what he is up to. He needs some space this morning. It's within my judgement at this time to cancel POTUS's morning routine until further notice. The press core is not allowed anywhere other than the press room. Have the Press Secretary work her magic, say something to appease the good people of America. POTUS needs a minute this morning. Thanks." I said and brushed past them without a backward glance.

Slipping through the closest patio door. I followed the familiar brick pathway and pillars until I came up the steps leading to the infamous platform where many Presidents have stood and made historical speeches over the years. Continuing past the podium, I followed the path and gave the two agents standing off to the side of the lawn a brief head nod in acknowledgement, but my eyes was focused on the lone figure standing in the predawn mist surrounding the plethora of colorful blooms of the well-tended rose bushes.

"Good morning Mr. President, care to tell me why you decided to stroll the grounds without your security detail this morning?" I inquired as I stepped up to him and kept my gaze steadfastly on the ground at my feet. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I didn't trust myself not to look into those molten mercury orbs and not drag the man into my arms and kiss him senseless. I knew he was feeling the weight of his responsibilities and he was struggling to cope. I understood the restraints placed on him, the burden and stress that came with his position, but my job was to keep the man safe, protected, and out of harm's way, even from himself.

The lines between my professional responsibilities and my personal desires were beginning to blur, and damn if my feelings for this man didn't make my job a million times more difficult.

A heavy sigh was the only response I received from the man, so I swallowed the scolding that was burning like acid in the back of my throat and just kept my silence, hopefully giving him a moment of peace and myself, a minute to gather my thoughts and hope that somehow my presence offers him some semblance of support.

Several silent minutes pass before he turns to me and quietly states, "I want to go to my cabin for a few days. Not Camp David or the vineyard, or anywhere else associated with this office. I don't want a major production, and I don't want everyone in God and creation advised of my intent. I just want a few days of total peace to regroup and regain my bearings, and I especially don't want a whole squadron of agents shadowing my every move while I'm there either. Make it happen. I want to leave no later than tonight after I talk to my girls."

Even though my mind was immediately racing through the logistics of his request. I could only open my mouth to answer. "Yes, Mr. President." The tone of his voice had left no room what-so-ever for me to argue the organizational nightmare of fulfilling his request on such short notice.

"Good. Please escort me back to my room." He turned back towards the house and I stepped aside to let him pass. As he stepped by me, he whispered a quiet, "Thank you." before continue on his way.

Dutifully, I followed behind him and tried my best not to ogle his delectable ass that was so promptly outlined in his fitted sweats. I should be worried about how I was going to grant him his wish of going to his private cabin located just outside of the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee instead of lusting after him, but I can't seem to help myself. I can feel the headache that started when I was so rudely awakened earlier this morning intensify with every step I took. This turn of events only increased the painful throbbing behind my eyes. An unplanned trip was a security disaster in the making.

Jaxon's cabin was nestled in the middle of nowhere surrounded by over 200 acres of dense forest. The people of the local township closest to his property were all aware of who the 2600 square foot cabin and the immediate land around it belonged to. The cabin originally belonged to Jaxon's parents and his grandparents before them. He recently added the additional property to further add to the privacy and seclusion of the heavily remodeled cabin.

We made it back to his room without incident. I was never more grateful for small favors. Sometimes the White House was like a gossip mill. The place was worse than a small community where everyone knew everyone else's business. Word spread through these halls faster than the speed of light. You never knew who was listening or who was watching. I totally understood the lack of privacy and the frustration Jaxon is burdened with every minute of his life as the most powerful man in this country.

"Please close the door and have a seat, I just need a moment of your time." Jaxon requested and the took the cap off his head and raked his fingers through his disheveled hair. On any given day, this man was so well put together. He always looked like he just stepped right off the pages of GQ magazine, and he never failed to take my breath away. But seeing him like this, a little rumpled, with the shadow of stubble on his unshaven, chiseled jaw made me just want to make lick him and savor every inch of his delicious body.

No sooner as the door clicked closed and I turned to face Jaxon, a small, "oomph," left my lips as I was pushed against said door. Jaxon burrowed his face into my neck and his arms locked around my waist.

"I'm sorry I've been such an asshole. I just...." He cut off the rest of what he was going to say with a heartfelt sigh. He nuzzled his face further under my chin.

Getting over the initial shock of his sudden display of affection. I wrapped my arms around him and reveled in how right he felt against me. How well the hard contours of his body fit against mine. "Hush baby, I get it. There is nothing for you to be sorry about. You can always lean on me. I got you." I whispered soothingly in his ear as I pulled him tighter against my body.

He felt so right in my arms, and if I had my way, I would keep him there indefinitely. But again, being under this particular roof was not the place to show him exactly how I feel about him. As progressive as the world seems to be, having their leader identify as a homosexual male was not something they were ready to accept. Not that it was any of their damn business anyway. Who someone goes home to at night has no bearing on how that person handles their business. But that's only my opinion anyway.

Jaxon's body shuddered against mine as I carded my fingers through his hair. The soft, silky strands glided through my fingers. With the way he was pressed against me, I am sure he could feel the hard length of my engorged cock as it pushed eagerly against his hip. I made sure he could feel the effects of my pleasure of having him in my arms.

With another heartfelt sigh, Jaxon continued to hide his face underneath my chin while he spoke. "I know I'm being a diva demanding this trip, but I need it. I need to get away from here. Lately I feel like I am literally living a lie every minute of every day. I got to listen to the world's problems and figure out how I am going to help the people of this country live their best life, while in turn having to fight those who are bound and determined that it doesn't happen for them or anyone who holds different beliefs or support their views of what they think is the ideal way of life and living it."

"Then they are those that only want things only if they get to reap the benefit, and they don't give a damn about how they get whatever it is or who they destroy to do so. I deal with manipulation, corruption, selfishness, and downright ignorance, and inhumane acts of indecency all day every day, and it's just too fucking much sometimes. Please, just please make this getaway happen so I can escape from it all just for a few days." He whispered against the sensitized area of my throat. His warm breath caressing my skin. My heart almost constricted in my chest at the almost despondent tone of his voice. I could feel his tension and stress under my hands knotting up the muscles of his neck and back.

"Come with me." I said as I reluctantly eased hi away from my body and took his hand in mine. I led him further into his private suite and through the door leading down the short hallway to his personal bathroom. I urged him to sit on the toilet while I walked over to the sunken jacuzzi tub on the other side of the room. Turning the taps on and adjusting the temperature of the water. I pushed the button to close the drain to allow the tub to fill with the warm water before turning back to him and giving him my full attention.

"I can't make any promises, but while you take a soak in the tub and let the jets work their magic on those tense muscles of yours, I will make a few calls and see if I can make this trip happen for you. Your cabin is remote and not that I am expecting to psychopath to hiding in a tree for the off chance of taking a shot at you, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't at least take it into consideration. Your safety is of the utmost importance to me." I stated as I made my way over to him.

Stopping right in front of him, I took him by the hands and guided him up until he was standing in his feet. I placed a finger underneath his chin until those pretty silver eyes of his were focused only on me. "Your well-being is more important to me than anything else, not because you are my President, or my boss and it's my job. No, it's even more crucial because I care about you. I want you more than anything or anyone in my life or will come into my life. That is how important you are to me." I dared to lean forward and I brushed a quick but soft kiss against those lush lips of his to drive the importance and sincerity of my words home in that epic brain of his.

A sexy little whimper mewled out of his throat, and the delicious sound had my cock pulsing behind my zipper like it had a heartbeat of his own. Fuck, I just wanted to strip him bare right here and now. The vision of bending him over the counter and staking my claim on his delectable ass over and over again until neither of us could walk made me dizzy. But again, this was neither the time or the place for these kinds of thoughts or actions. Hell, if I can get him to his cabin then maybe I would be able to shower him with all the love and affection he deserves. Maybe just maybe...argh. "Not the time Carter." I thought to myself as I reached for the hem of his shirt to pull the material over his head.

With his chest now bared and on display for my viewing pleasure, I had to clear my throat, in an attempt to gather my scattered wits. "Go ahead and enjoy the bath. The tub is filled and the water's shut off so it won't be warm for too much longer. Make sure to turn the jets on and relax for a little while. Like I said, I will be in the other room making some calls to cover the necessities of this trip while trying to keep your requests in mind. Your safety comes first though. We may have to come to an agreeable compromise about your security detail, but I promise to make this happen, okay."

"Thank you, Mason." He replied as he looked up at me with hooded eyes. His pupils were slightly dilated and he was breathing just a bit heavier. I refused to let my eyes travel away from his. It was bad enough he as standing in front of me half naked already. I didn't need the added stimulation from the visual of his cock, all hard and pushing against the fabric of his sweats, as if it was begging for me to acknowledge it. To touch and taste it. I was already fighting not to just say, "fuck it," and give into temptation by dropping to my knees right then and there in front of him. My mouth watered with the idea of finally getting a taste of him.

But I already knew a simple sampling of this man would never be nowhere near enough for me. I wanted to devour him. With that thought, I just nodded my head at Jaxon, spun around on my heels, and hightailed out of the bathroom before I lost the battle of wills about what I should do versus what I want to do to that man. It was my turn to release a long-suffering sigh as I planted my ass on one of the sofa's in his sitting room. I pulled up the number of the only person I knew who could advise me on making this trip happen for Jaxon.

After the hoops the man had me jump through before he handed over the reins of this job, I was hoping I'd never have to speak to the smug bastard ever again, but as I pulled up the number from my contact list for the former Special Agent, David Knox, I braced myself for the ridicule I was surely going to get from the man. 

The man made my training for the Green Berets seem like a walk in the park before he begrudgingly deemed me suitable to take his place safeguarding POTUS. I understood his reasons though. Agent Knox is not only the overprotective badass who has successfully kept the President safe and sane for more than half the man's political career, he was also Jaxon's best friend "Yeah, I can't wait to have this conversation." I thought and sighed yet again before tapping the call button and waited to the man to answer. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 2.3K 32
A boy who called himself orphan and spends every night sheding tears. Whereas a boy who is living in care of his three elder brothers. A brother who...
371K 8.3K 51
Two girls are exchanged at birth and are given to the wrong mothers and after 13 years the truth comes out Rosabella Rossi is different from her sist...
45.8K 4.3K 46
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
59.6K 2.3K 29
Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, she was way younger than him, from a diffe...