channel orange | taegi

By Navent_

if you could see the world through someone else's eyes would you think the same? if someone were to give you... More

00
01
02
03
05
06
07

04

71 4 4
By Navent_

SWEET LIFE

. . .

if the moon goddess were to have a son taehyung is sure he'd look just like the man before him. skin so pale it resembles porcelain with lips so pink it'd be criminal to not adore them. his hair so dark you didn't know where his roots began and where they ended.

and oh, his eyes were so feline-like taehyung was sure he saw the world in a kaleidoscope of color. the brown of his eyes was like ink, so deep that taehyung knew if he got to close he just might drown in them.
the sad thing about it was part of him wanted to. 

"were you interested in having a drink?"

That voice again. Like coffee on acid.

"yeah, i'll take whatever you suggest. i'm not really much of a drinker."

the moon goddesses' son or more like the bartender just nods before turning around to prepare taehyung's drink. his hands are big, fingers long and elegant to which causes ungodly images to flash before taehyung's eyes.

this stranger was doing some wicked things to him and they'd only exchanged a few words. was fate out to play a game with him?

"you know i'm glad you didn't fall while sleeping in that windowsill. that was my first time seeing someone so high with incredible balance."

the bartender's words catch taehyung off guard and for a moment he's unsure of what to say. he hadn't expected the other to even bring up their encounter from the other day much less recognize him.
taehyung only recognized the other by his voice so maybe it was the same for him.

"i'm really sorry about that. i didn't really realize the amount of trouble that probably caused you."

the response taehyung receives is merely a shrug before he's being handed a drink. without even asking he takes the glass of orange liquid and gives it a sip. the flavor is real sweet on his tongue with hardly a hint of the alcohol that's supposed to be there.

"t-that's really good. what is this?"

the bartender flashes him a small smile. " 'm not telling you. it's a secret."

taehyung raises an eyebrow intrigued by the man's words.

"is this your way of making sure i come back?"

again the bartender shrugs. he seems to radiate nothing but nonchalance as expected from a moonchild.

" i don't need to. people of your caliber thrive off of a place like this. it's hard to find a space that can quell your reckless energy."

"oh? you think i'm reckless?"

"not at all. i admire anyone who's able to go to sleep in a two-story windowsill with only a blanket wrapped around their shoulders."

taehyung rolls his eyes but on the inside, he's full-on grinning. he's not only intrigued by the way this man speaks but intrigued by every part of him. especially how he seems to see right through taehyung as if he's known him his entire life.

it's refreshing. to experience a moment where the blood in his veins is at a standstill and the colors behind his eyes aren't too bright. there's no need for a blunt to burn his problems away nor is there a need for a drink to drown out all the noise.

it's sweet. 

"guess i gotta give you points for that Mr. bartender."

"Mr. Bartender?"

"yes, that's what i'll call you until i learn your name."

the other opens his mouth to say something but decides against it. he's content with the way the younger wants to run things. after all, control is only a plaything because at the end of the day it all boils down to who holds the power.
but that's a topic not fit for this moment.

"hmm, i suppose i can live with that then. besides, i think it's past your bedtime and you look like you could use some sleep."

to this taehyung raises both eyebrows a retort already on the tip of his tongue but he doesn't get the chance to fire it before his phone vibrates.

jin
hey, can you come over? we need to talk

me
yeah

it's evident the mood has changed because taehyung doesn't bother saying anything to the bartender as he leaves. he simply places a twenty on the counter before walking out. the drink may have been free but time wasn't.

. . .

walking to jin's place was a longer distance than he'd thought but it was all he could do to calm his nerves. the stark difference between the two was always displayed in the way jin lived.

everything about jin screamed luxury from the loafers he wore to the expensive rugs in his life. even now taehyung was unsure of how he looked among the important people that seemed to swarm the building jin lived in.
everything about the place screamed money and more money.

the two of them came from different worlds that much was clear. silver spoons and maids are what jin grew up on while taehyung had experienced a more humble living, to say the least. sure, jin introduced him to his addiction to Gucci but at what expense?

money was something that taehyung thrived off of. that wasn't to say hat jin did but you could tell the older found more pleasure in the finer things of life which is why taehyung never understood why he ever stopped to look at him.

though all of those thoughts cease as he stands in the front of the door of where aphrodite's very child resides. love was his shortcoming but beauty failed him not.

taehyung doesn't even get the chance to knock before jin is opening the door and ushering him in. there should be some kind of tension in the air some kind of awkwardness but taehyung can't find any.
it's like a black hole had opened itself inside of him and all that was left was a void. not even pandora's box could compare to that.

"so, i reckon there's not much to said between us huh?"

jin stands tall in the living room shining much like the first day they met. everything about him was godlike and taehyung should've known better from the start. many gods fall by the hands of temptation for she is forever bittersweet.

taehyung takes notice of the two cardboard boxes by the couch and he already knows how this tale will end.

"i'd just like to say that i never cheated on you. not once during my wild escapades did lay with someone else. can i remember every single night? no, but i can say that even when i blacked out cold all i could think about was you. i'm not making excuses for my actions either and i'm not justifying what i did. i just think we both had some things we needed to work on."

taehyung watches the way jin face contorts with hurt but it doesn't matter. he wasn't made for the sweet life that jin wished to live just like jin wasn't made to handle the disaster he happened to be.
gods only answered the prayers of those who worship them wholeheartedly and taehyung was no worshipper.

he could not journey a quest the fates thought he was fit for. he could only collect the two boxes from the ground that contained his belongings not sparing jin a glance. there wasn't anything they could possibly talk about anyway.

this sweet life was merely an illusion for people like taehyung. it was no different from a lotus flower just one bite and you'd be addicted. though for the entity that was taehyung, he never dared to take a bite. 

. . .

well i'll be damned. i don't think this was all too bad but um what'd you think? i'm trying to update more for you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
218K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...