The Snow Queen's Royal Mage

By JLTD23

Elsa x Female (Reader/OC) An Ancient Magus Bride inspired story. (But there will be small references from oth... More

Overview:
Act 1
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4
Act 5
Act 6
Act 7
Act 8
Act 9
Intermission
Intermission II
Act 10
Act 11
Act 11. 2
Act 12
Act 13
Act 14
Act 15
Act 16
Act 17
Act 18
Act 19
Act 20
Author's Message
Side Story
Happy Anniversary

Act 21

1.7K 66 5
By JLTD23

Act 21 - Epilogue

Eldan Ainsel's POV

It's been six months since my daughter's untimely disappearance and leaving me with this to deal with. Of all the faes she have allied with why did she choose the blue smothering coal. Sigh... Even with my hectic work as one of the head caretakers here in the dragon sanctuary, my job as her father comes first. I'm currently having tea in my office with an acquaintance of ours, Linus Gideon.

You have a lot of things in mind old friend? Linus said sipping his tea.

Sigh... thinking on how to do damage control on the mess she left. Nevertheless this is so like her and I am grateful that she has finally returned. This is the least I can do. I said

I never thought you can be such a dotting father towards your daughter. Contrast to your reputation as the legendary ancient fae magus. Your either to be admired by your exemplary skills in the magic arts or feared by your temperamental personality and appearance. Linus said

Hmmm... I prefer to not duell on such matters. Anyway have you called her majesty and the others after the results are announced? I said as if the universe heard my call, a knock on the window suddenly interrupted our talk. Opening it with magic, Alistair came in then perched himself on one of my horns.

Caww... Caww... Alistair responded.

I see... well then my friend. Let's move our tea outside and meet the younglings. But before that... I said. Knowing this, Alistair moved to my shoulder to give me some space. Then casting a illusion spell on my head to hide my actual appearance. Changing my wendigo head into a male human with brushed up golden brown hair and sharp indigo eyes.

Hmmm... you know that disguise is very fraudulent in my opinion. Even not knowing it's fake makes still unbelievable. Linus said as we leave my office and head to one of the private lounges.

This is just a way to not mislead them in a frightening way. I haven't meet (Y/N)'s apprentices in person. Since she knows I have uneasy moments when it comes to making first impressions, so she just tells me about them via letters. I said as we enter, we see a group of people talking. A dark brown haired man, a platinum haired woman along with a church grim in human form. What intrigue me the most was the woman. My instincts tell me that she is more that she appears to be...

------------*------------

Frederick's POV

After the cain fiasco, I took over Elsa's training since it my duty as her senior. It took awhile to make a compromised effort both in my work, duties and traveling back and forth but it's worth it. She's been exemplar in all of her magical lessons and no doubt she'll pass in flying colors. Hate to admit, she'll one day make me run for my money with her skills. Logically she's prepared but emotionally she's moving on in her own pace. Losing (Y/N) has been a hard blow to all of us especially to elsa. Anna and the others have been supportive made sure that she's always know that we are there for her and she not alone. Now me and venrich accompanied her for the examination.

[Picture above]

Were finally here... the dragon sanctuary. Time to show them what you made of elsa. I said as we got off on the skycarriage. I noticed she's been quite excited but anxious. I patted her head and gave her an assuring smile.

Don't worry... You got this. I said

Thank you Fred. I'll do my best... Elsa said returning a smile.

If she was here, she would have made sure you pass. Even file a complaint, will demand a reasonable explanation or pull some strings just to know why they fail you. But rest assured you will pass. Ven said knowing who he is referring to.

Once we enter, you'll be ushered to the main hall with the other examiners and be oriented on the test. Me and ven we'll be on the one of there guest lounges. Monitoring your progress via water mirror. I said as we enter the hall to proceed in the examination.

-------*-------

The exam consists in to two parts. First was the Written exam which surely she got it covered. Only to worry about is the second part, the practical magic exercise. This years exercise was decided to do a pared Magic Battle. Elsa was partnered with a girl that has special physical abilities. She can instantly increase her strength, agility and durability but in a short while. She was able to figure out a way to win the fight by trapping her in ice the exact moment the time is over. But the verdict was a draw since both of them are still standing and are not outbound on the fighting field.

After the examinations, it only took them late in the afternoon to announced the results. And there's no doubt elsa passed. She entered the lounge holding a framed certificate and a knowing logo badge can be seen pinned on her dress jacket.

Congratulations Elsa! Your now a certified licensed mage. Ven said giving her a hug.

Congratulations! I said giving her a thumbs up.

Thank you Frederick and Ven... now that I'm a certified mage, Arendelle is a part of the union. Elsa said

To make it official and on paper, we just need to meet up with High Chancellor Gideon. I said then suddenly a knock sounded from the door. I called to signal them to enter. To my surprise it was Lord Gideon and a very tall man with brown hair and indigo eyes. He seems familiar yet intimidating vibe but what more unsettling about him is his aura. Alistair is parched in his shoulder.

Who is this guy?

-----------------*-----------------

Elsa's POV

Grampa Linus perfect timing as always. Frederick said grinning

I lost count on how many times do I need to remind you Lord Nerion. To address me in proper conduct... Lord Gideon said he and his associate then gave me a respectful bow.

Congratulations your majesty in passing the exams. I am Lord Linus Gideon, high chancellor of the union. And this is Sir Eldan Ainsel, one of the head administrators here in the dragon sanctuary and (Y/N)'s father. Lord Gideon said giving us a surprise.

Wow! Your (Y/N)'s dad?! What... but How? I thought you'd be like a much older pruniner man compare to grampa here. Fred said earning him a glare from Lord Gideon.

Lord Frederick, Venrich and your majesty... its good to finally meet you all. I know you all have many questions to ask but it would be better first to sitting down with a cup tea. Will handle first the official signing entry of Arendelle before everything else... Sir Ainsel said gesturing us to take a sit.

After Lord Gideon explained the contents of the contracts, both me and lord Gideon agreed and signed it. Making Arendelle an official member of the union. Giving me an original copy of the contract for our record purposes. Looking at sir Ainsel, filled me with so many questions to ask specially about (Y/N). Maybe she ask her father to do this in finally tell us her reasons.

How about to answer all your questions, I've decided to both show and tell you the answers. Sir Ainsel said with the snap of his fingers, suddenly our surroundings changed. We are still sitted but having a view of an intense battle between a large man and a woman in armor. What shocking in the scene is that noticing the short (h/c) haired woman is none than (Y/N). All battered, bruises and missing an arm. Cain dangling her in a pit. When cain was about to grab her sword, (Y/N) stab him and caused them to both fall in the pit.

This was during the time of last prosecution wars. As you can see, cain is fighting my daughter for the sword of azreal. They both fell in a trap set by her fellow knights. That pit is the infamous entrance to the underworld, Tech Duinn. When a living being enters it, there souls are forced to be removed from their bodies. Dimming them in a indisposition state. Sir Ainsel said then he stopped his illusion spell and returning back everything the way it was.

In the historical records, The knights where able to find Cain's body then seal and never to be found. But in (Y/N)'s story on the other hand was kept in secret for the purpose of protecting the sword.
She was considered dead until three months after the war. She just one day returned to me. Looking well and all cleaned up. As if there were no traces that she been thought hell. But mental and emotionally... She's to be compared to a person that lost the reason to live... to be alive. It took me and silvia two years to properly reorient her on how to live again. Then again, it wasn't even enough to fully return her original self. Fairy King Oberon explained to me everything that happened to her. That her soul is temporary placed in a clay body made by the forest gods while her real body heals and if her soul is ready to return. Her clay body have given her eternal youth, beauty and power but as years have passed her friends and comrades died in natural causes made her desolate. Making her realize that she's been deprived of how it is to value life. Ever since then she considered her state a curse rather than a blessing and roamed endlessly for a ways to relieve herself from this. Sir Ainsel said

Sigh... This is so typical of her. She never tell to anyone her burdens because of that she ended up to faced them on her own. I just wished she just opened up sooner... Can I ask why I wasn't gone when she died. Venrich said

She set all her familiar contracts that she formed after the war as a sub contract to zed. Zed is her first fae contract from her original body. The clay body sever as a second relay to your links. Since her first body is in a coma, your only able to feel the second. Now that that the clay body is gone, it reverted back to the original. Sir Ainsel said

I have so many questions but I'm afraid of taking up more of your time and our skycarriage will be leaving soon. So I just ask two for now and send the rest via letter or so... Sensitivity is one but does she a second skill? And second... are you really young because I can see traces of glamour? Hate to break it to you old man Ainsel but your disguise is obvious... Frederick said looking at his pocket watch to check the time.

Ah... (Y/N)'s right about your... spriteful personality and your lie detecting abilities. To answer your first question, sensitivity was developed by her clay body. Her original skill is clairvoyance: future sight but to a limited time. A head of time by thirty minutes to an hour at most. It's noticable when her eyes chance into yellow hues. As for your second question... let's just say it's for your own sake. We don't want any misunderstandings do we now fred. Hehe... Sir Ainsel said a bit intimidating on the last part. Then he look at me calmly but uncertain to what to say.

What! So that's why she's always ahead... Frederick said

If I may everyone, I would like to talk to her majesty in private. Sir Ainsel said as one by one everyone left except me and Sir Ainsel. It's quite awkward for us at first but he gave me a assuring smile that everything is fine.

Your majesty if its alright we can drop the formalities. Since it's just us you may call me eldan... Eldan said

Of course... Sir Ain- I mean eldan. It's an honor to meet you and I'm very sorry for what happened to (Y/N). I would like to say that I loved your daughter very much. She was a wonderful person and I just wish that she's here with us... I said in the verge of tears. Then I felt a hand gently patting me in the shoulder and it was none other than eldan. Trying to comfort me.

Death itself is inevitable but I truly believe she's come back. I know one fact of her personality is she's stubborn. The only thing we can do is wait. Eldan said

Will she ever come back? I said hopeful and wiped away my tears.

Who knows... A soul is considered one's core existence. There judgment is based on who they are as a being rather than what logical or emotional growth they acquire during there life. Eldan said as he pull out something on his coat. A small blue velvet box with small folded note. Then he hand the items to me.

She told me to give this to you before fighting cain to save you. Read the letter after I leave to give you some privacy. Elsa I know both you and my daughter have been in a romantic relationship. I guess that love was the key to fully restore herself. For that, I thank you for being apart of her life. And if you need guidance, don't hesitate to ask. Eldan said as he stand up and gave a acknowledging bow.

When he was now by the door, he turn to look at me. Surprising to what I am seeing. As if his appearance was an disappearing mirage, I saw his head turn into a lion's skull sprouting deer horns, a lion's mane and violet snake eyes. Unbelievable on what happening, I rub my eyes to make sure what I'm seeing. When I look again, he was gone.

Turning my attention to the items given to me, I first open the letter and begin reading its contents.

Elsa,

By the time your reading this, I'm gone. I'm sorry that knowing I've done things without explanation but all of them are for the right cause. We have our own cross to bare but mine was to much. My only regret is that I didn't open up sooner to your feelings.

Loving you is the most beautiful thing that happened in my life. The time where we played our game, being with you on special occasions and the moments we share. Whether they where good or bad, I cherish the most because I spend them with you. Upon the time when you where in romarion, I felt something is missing and realized it was you. You know what they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and It made me realize my feeling for you but I was to late.

With the upcoming siege to rescue you is drawing near, I do what ever it takes to save you. Not knowing if I'm able to fulfill my promise in person but maybe with this I can fulfill it somehow. And if god will allow it, I wish to be with you someday.

I love you elsa with all of my heart.

Sincerely yours,
(Y/N)

P.S. I leave you with something to remember me by. It's your choice to wear it or not and also keep it a secret from anyone. You may never know it might come in handy...

As I finish reading the letter, I'm in tears and clutching the letter close to my chest. Feeling grief once again, caused a little snowstorm but luckily it was just around the room. It took a while to cease my powers and tears. Re-reading the letter again but this time I feel like something is amiss. Then I realize this must be a clue. Knowing (Y/N), she must have been up to something more than what happened six months ago.

Turning my attention to the small gift she left for me. I open it and it was a ring. It maybe just a regular ring but I feel there's something special about it. As I try to find out more about this ring, a knock coming from the door and venrich's voice can be heard.

Elsa, you there? It's time to go... Venrich said

I'll be right there. I said as I pack up my things head for the door. Knowing maybe this is a clue it has given me hope. Maybe to be reunited with (Y/N) again.

--------------------*-------------------

Thump...
(Heartbeat)

Pitch black...

Thump... Thump....

What is this heavy feeling...

With in the darkness, light can be seen above. As if I'm drifting towards there...

Ah~ Ah~ Ah~ Ah~

The last thing I heard before being surrounded by blinding light.

(Y/N)'s POV

Opening my eyes as if I feel waking up from a long sleep. Trying to move my body but I feel weak. Forcing to get up, I see I'm in a cabin room. Suddenly a door opened then an elf like lady in white clothing entered holding a wash basin. A shock expression can be seen in her face as she looks at me. She composed herself and setting aside the wash basin in a nearby table, she headed to my side.

Thy finally awaketh... The lady said with a smile.

Where am I... I said then feeling irritated by my very dry throat caused me in a coughing fit. She crease my back and handed a wooden cup filled with water for me to drink.

Woah, taketh t easy. Thee've been asleep f'r a while anon. The lady said.

What?! For how long? I said when she was about to tell me, I felt a powerful presence surround the room. The lady step back then bow down to the person by the door. A tall pale lady with very long black hair cat like eyes. Wearing a black and white toga, adorned with gold accessories. Then I realized it was none other than fairy queen titania.

Thee've been asleep f'r two hundr'd years mine own belov'd child. Welcometh backeth Caerulus Inlustris...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 269 9
( bad grammar in first few chapters but it gets better) Hy this is a marinette/ladybug x reader fanfiction Your mother has to go to new York for wor...
22.4K 1.1K 32
This book is about Melody, a girl who lives on a farm that rescues abused horses. She loves to help her mom train the abused horses and help them sta...
5.9K 268 5
Evie has a secret. She's married. Which isn't a big deal right? Except she's married to one of the biggest names in the music industry. Scratch that...
19.4K 661 17
What if you were sucked into the world of Encanto. what would you do? (Reader:Avilla Muerte x Isabela Madrigal) Disclaimer: I'm not very good in writ...