I See Dead People

By MarshMarrow

(Bnha x Reader) ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪꜱᴍ You were a pretty normal girl with a happy... More

Character introduction + Ghost introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven: Part One
Seven: Part Two
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six

Thirteen

6.8K 357 214
By MarshMarrow

On the rooftop, the wind blew a strong breeze through Izuku's dark hair, messing it up further than it already was. Staring out into the horizon, the boy observed the world one last time and found the sight beautiful.

Contrast to the storm inside of him, the sun had begun to set, turning the usually blue sky into a nice canvas of purples, yellows, and white as the clouds were splattered around. Many students had already left, or were participating in club activities in the building, making the campus almost completely silent, seemingly empty. It was calm. Too calm, but serenity was not going to drive the boy away as he clutched the fencing that surrounded the roof's edges. 'Am I really going to do this?' He questioned, hesitating for a moment.

'Of course you are! Think about it, the world would be so much better if it weren't full of powerless wannabes like you. Mom wouldn't have to worry so much. We won't have to worry about Katsuki or bullying anymore either. It's a win win right?' And so, an inner argument started as Midoriya began to reconsider. 'I mean, you won't be able to become the number one hero but, honestly, who are you kidding?! You're a quirkless nobody with no friends. No one will miss you.' Negative thoughts spiraled within the boy's mind as small tears slid down his spotted cheeks.

Gripping the fence, Izuku had begun to climb it before pausing. Slightly, he let his grip loosen as one protruding light in his mind of darkness shed in. 'What about (Y/n)?'

Blinking, Midoriya pondered his actions. Could he really leave her alone in this hell? What if something happened to her? Taking too long to make up his mind, that voice cut in once again. '..She has other friends. More important friends, obviously. She didn't even come to see you off. Eventually she'll just forget you. Just like everyone else,' It spat, making the green haired boy scowl as he continued to climb the fence, making his way to the edge of the rooftop.

Meanwhile, with (Y/n):

Letting the door shut behind her, (Y/n) exited the bathroom, bag slung over her shoulder as she made her way to the exit. Nanashi wasn't far behind the girl as they had a one-sided conversation. The teen chattering endlessly as her mute friend just listened, or so she thought.

Truthfully, there was something bothering Nanashi as his full attention wasn't on the girl, but something else. The male's gaze was unfocused as he sensed something in the air, subconsciously following (Y/n) with his guard up. The ghost was tense as he prepared to fend for them both, but what he felt wasn't a sense of danger. At least not for himself. The tension in the air was weird, but not in a good way as he wondered what the cause was. His questions were answered soon enough as the two made their way out of the building.

"Whew! I'm pooped Shi," (Y/n) whined, looking to her male counterpart. She continued to walk forward with her eyes closed, not paying attention to her surroundings as she made her way out the door, though she didn't make it very far.

"Can you believe Mr.Renzo gave us a pop-quiz in three different subject-Ack!" The medium cut herself off with a yelp as something hit her head, almost falling into the fish fountain next to her. Luckily, Nanashi caught it just in time as he held out his arm, the object stopping in mid air. Rubbing her head, (Y/n) grumbled and complained as she took the thing in her hands, revealing it to be a note-book of some sorts. "Ow! Who'd be reckless enough to drop their belongings out th-" Once again, she cut herself off as she read the cover. 'Hero Analysis!' It read, the familiar handwriting catching her eye as (Y/n) realized who it was for.

"Ah, it's Izu's! Silly must've dropped it while packing up. I'll just give it to him tomorrow," The girl chirped, giggling slightly as she began to skip away. She didn't make it past the gates before she noticed a certain white haired male wasn't by her side. Confused, (Y/n) turned around saw that he was still in the doorway, a weird expression on his face as he stood still. "Nanashi? You coming?" The taller male didn't respond. He just stared straight ahead, dull eyes unfocused as his eyebrows furrowed. Worry settled into the bubbly girl's system as she felt the air pressure on her shoulders. Something bad was going to happen.

The teen opened her mouth to say something, but didn't get the chance as Nanashi snapped his head upwards, turned around, and re-entered Aldera at the speed of light. (Y/n) wasn't sure what was wrong, but based on the feeling of dread set in her gut and the speed he'd flew away at, the situation wasn't good.

In a heartbeat, the (h/c) haired girl took off after her friend, dropping her bag to gain speed.

The two ran through the halls, going up various flights of stairs within the school as (Y/n) once more attempted to ask what was going on. That was pretty pointless though, as the girl was using most of her breath to run and Nanashi didn't seem to be paying her any mind at the moment. It's not like he could speak anyway.

Coming up another flight of stairs, the duo rounded a corner, catching sight of a familiar blond hot-head walking the opposite way. His henchmen behind him. Although the trio was blocking the hallway, neither (Y/n) nor Nanashi slowed down in the slightest. In fact, it seemed that Nanashi went a bit faster as they got closer to collision. The dead male proceeded straight forward, phasing through one of the boys—making him yelp in discomfort. (Y/n), who wasn't far behind, pushed Katsuki and the others out of her way, not bothering to apologize as she sped past them, her footsteps echoing down the hallway. The red eyed male turned around, ready to give the smaller teen an earful, but stopped himself short as he realized she'd already disappeared. A flash of (h/c) locks was all he saw as she left.

Finally, the pair had reached the rooftop doors. (Y/n) didn't even get the chance to touch them as they were flung open abruptly, slamming against the walls and creating a harsh breeze that tossed her hair around. The girl didn't get the chance to catch her breath as it was stolen from her lungs. (E/c) eyes dilated at the sight that lay a few feet in front of them.

Across the rooftop, on the other side of the fence, stood a very familiar green haired teen on the edge. His pale fingers held onto the fence as his back was turned to her, though, as the seconds ticked by, his hold was loosening. (Y/n) felt her heart drop to her stomach as an even harsher wind flew by, blowing green and (h/c) locks with it as big, grey clouds covered the sun, matching the mood perfectly. Stumbling forward, (Y/n) attempted to run to the boy, only for her legs to turn to jello halfway across. As she caught herself on the floor, the girl made her presence known.

"IZUKU!"

Green eyes widened as the male reinforced his grip, stiffening against the wired gate behind him. Turning his head slightly,  Midoriya gasped at the sight of a newcomer on the rooftop. Especially when revealed to be the (s/c) girl he'd grown to become friends with. The expression he caught on her face was one he'd never thought he'd get to see in a lifetime.

With her eyebrows raised, (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes had opened to their limit as they stared dead at his figure, a gaping expression held on her lips as she grasped for something to say. Cautiously, the girl stood up, stance slightly wavering as she trembled. No one but she could see, but her white haired counterpart held a similar expression. Just a bit more toned down. Nanashi's pale eyes had only widened a fraction compared to the girl while his mouth was sealed shut, holding a slight frown.

A moment of silence passed by, both parties in disbelief, before one broke it. As if testing the reality of the situation, Izuku called out to the girl, almost whispering, "(Y-y/n)?" That snapped her back to the situation at hand as she flinched at the sound of her name, taking another slow step towards the boy, who watched her with a weary, yet somewhat guilty expression. "I-izuku, what are you doing...over there?" She asked, almost inaudible as she dry swallowed, her lip quivering slightly.

Licking his chapped lips, the other teen turned away from the female, not able to bear seeing her pitiful expression any longer as he looked down. The ground lay miles from where he stood, which sent a rush of nervousness through him, but also a feeling of reassurance. He knew that the fall would kill him instantly, making it painless...right?

Phrasing his actions, a slightly crazed look flickered through Izuku's emerald eyes as he muttered in response. "I...I'm gonna jump.." He shivered as a surge of adrenaline ran through him as (Y/n) covered her mouth, terrified. "Please don't.." She muttered, her words falling to deaf ears as she outstretched a hand to the boy—not that he sould see it—and continued to talk. "Yo-you shouldn't jo-oke like that Izu..Please come back n-" "I'm not joking. I'm," He hesitated, cutting her off as he looked down once again. The distance made him feel dizzy, yet he continued on. "I'm..So tired (Y/n). Just so tired.." He chuckled dryly and looked to the sky, releasing one hand from the fence to run it through his semi-knotted hair. (Y/n) had a small heart-attack in that moment as she gasped, moving to get closer to the boy but stopped short as his head whipped to her direction, a dull look in his eyes. "Don't try to stop me. This is what I want."

Tears began to cloud the girls vision as she raised her voice, arguing. "Izuku please. You have so much to live f-" "No, I don't!" (Y/n) snapped her head up, surprised to meet the equally teary eyes of her unstable friend. Tears spiraled down his face as he continued to rant to the girl, trembling against the fence. "I don't! All my family does is worry about me! I don't even have a quirk to protect myself from Katsuki! I'm so weak! Forget becoming number one hero... I'm so weak. I'm such a burden." The boy's voice began to die out as he continued his monologue of self-deprecation, leaving (Y/n) to go over her thoughts. All of which were in disorder as she watched her friend unravel in front of her very eyes.

'Bakugo? How long has he been going through this? Why didn't he tell me? How come I didn't catch on to it? He was so obvious! I'm a terrible friend.' Thankfully, the girl was able to push those thoughts aside for the matter at hand was much more dire. She may not have been the best at picking out hints, but now was her chance to redeem herself as Izuku's friend. (Y/n) was not about to let him die.

Though clouded with unfallen tears, a flash of determination glinted in (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes. "No you're not!" The green haired boy's head whipped to look at her. Shocked green orbs meeting firm (e/c) ones. "Izuku, you have me! You have Adelaide! Ichigo! Even Nanashi! We're all rooting for you and I can promise that no one sees you as a burden, o-or weak, or anything else bad! Yes, Ms.Inko worries for you, but that's her job as your mom!" Glassy jade eyes continued to gaze at the medium as his breath got caught up in his throat. (Y/n) finally let the dam inside her eyes break as she observed Midoriya's resolve begin to crack."You may not see it, but they all really care for you! I-we all do! So please...come back to us." Her voice trembled a bit towards the end, but she clenched her fists at her side and concluded her speech. "Let's get stronger together!"

Shocked to silence, the wind blew once again. This time tamer as silent tears ran down Izuku's pale cheeks. His mouth was partially opened as he stared ah his (h/t) haired friend. His dark green eyebrows furrowed as he looked down once more and grit his teeth, glancing back to the girl as he choked on a sob. "I...I don't want to die." With that, the shaking boy cautiously moved his body so that he'd be able to climb back over.

Not careful enough though. Halfway up the fence, Izuku miss-stepped, loosing his footing and along with that, a proper grasp on the fence. Both teens' eyes widened as the situation unfolded. Time seemed to go slower as (Y/n) ran to the fence in a futile motion to catch the taller boy. Her hand reached through the wires, reaching for Midoriya's extended hand as plummeted, both missing by a hair. Dilated, green eyes, met hers with a look of fear as they each let out a scream of terror.

And so, the boy fell.

Artwork used not mine

        Haha oops! Thank you for reading though!

        -M.M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 2.1K 38
𝙻𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜! 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎! 𝙸𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚏𝚒�...
82.9K 1.2K 8
Note: This is a girls of BNHA x male reader. no genderbents. Description/ Summery: When I was young, I thought was Quirkless, and powerless. Everyone...
4.2K 169 10
.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆ " 𝖦𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗎𝗍! " *・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ Started: 02.09.21
3.4K 110 30
Female reader insert. Awkward woman in her mid 20s with no quirk, but determined help anyway. I'm not sure how to explain this but this will have a...