I See Dead People

By MarshMarrow

(Bnha x Reader) ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪꜱᴍ You were a pretty normal girl with a happy... More

Character introduction + Ghost introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven: Part One
Seven: Part Two
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six

Eleven

8.9K 403 446
By MarshMarrow

"This one is a bit, tight don't you think?" (Y/n) uttered airily as she was running out of breath.

For the past few hours, the girl and her mom had been searching for a dress (Y/n) would wear to Daifuku's dance. During the car ride to the mall, Sachiko had also appeared, claiming that she'd wanted to help. While (Y/n) was glad to see the woman again, her mom had grown weary of the ghost's presence near her. In fact, as the three roamed the shop, the grown woman shook in her boots as several dresses gravitated to her and (Y/n)'s direction.

Currently, (Y/n) was stuck in a rather tight dress that was a pain to get into as it strangled her waist. The teen was stuck in an uncomfortable position as she held her stomach in, afraid that if she released even the slightest breath, the fabric would rip at its seams. The two moms hummed simultaneously, analyzing the girl who stood stiff as a board in the tight fitting dress.

Funny enough, it was as if the women shared a mind as they both rotated a pointer finger and commanded the girl, "Turn for me." Like a penguin, (Y/n) waddled around in a circle, not wanting to tear the dress as she asked, "Can I take this off now?" (M/n) laughed at her daughter's antics and nodded, dismissing her back to the changing room.

Eventually, the three settled on a final decision. Sachiko thought it was a bit much and (M/n) partially shared the same opinion, but the two were convinced when they saw the way the teenager's (e/c) eyes shined when looking at it.

The dress was a periwinkle color that came in three pieces. A skirt, a top, and arm-sleeves. Overall, the individual pieces all ended in beautiful embroidery accents that really helped pull off the elegant, pure aura that the dress gave off. The skirt contained several layers that caused it to fluff out and at the top, had one see through layer that seemed to move with the wind. The top piece was a short, strapless fabric that felt silky against (Y/n)'s (s/t) skin as it was tied to her torso by a thin blue ribbon at the bottom. Finally, the dresses arm-sleeves were long, see-through fragments that spanned from the girls forearms to her wrists, where it cuffed. They were complimented by  symmetrical ribbons that lay sewed to the top of the sleeves. As a whole, (Y/n) felt like absolutely royal in the apparel.

As (Y/n) looked into the dressing room mirror, she gasped, covering her mouth. She almost didn't recognize herself as she covered her mouth. The girl felt like a princess from the tales her mother used to tell her before she went to bed when she was smaller. Letting her hands drop, she smiled widely and giggled, twirling around in the mirror, letting the dress flap in the wind she'd created as she came to a stop back in-front of it. "(Y/n)? You done in there?" She heard her mom call out from behind the curtain. "Does it fit well?" Sachiko chimed in, not that anyone but the medium could here.

The smile didn't drop from her face as she stepped from the small room and to the two women. Though one couldn't show it, they were both stunned as the beauty revealed herself. It was a good minute of silence as the three stared at eachother before the older (h/c) haired woman broke it, piercing the air with a squeal as she rushed to her girl, engulfing her smaller figure in a hug.

As the woman pulled away, she reanalyzed her daughter and smirked. "Those boys won't be able to take their eyes off you tomorrow." (Y/n)'s face flushed slightly as she bashfully rubbed the back of her neck. "Momma~" She whined as the woman giggled. "What? I mean it! Hell, Daifuku just might more than a friendship with you when he sees how absolutely stunning you are," (M/n) teased before a blissful look dressed her features. She put a hand to her cheek and sighed, whining, "I want grand-babies.." The smaller girl pulled away with a pout. She put a hand to her fully red cheeks as she argued. "Mom! Were only fourteen!" The woman pouted and crossed her arms, mumbling, "A girl can dream ya' know.." Though, she was backed up by the other female who stood in the room. Floating towards the two, the black haired ghost's breezy voice pitched in. "I agree."

"You too Sachiko?!"

Finally, the awaited day had come. It was a cool saturday on the weekend, and as the sun had set, the time for the dance grew near. However, instead of excited, (Y/n) was nervous as she chewed at her recently polished nails. She looked through her bedroom window, which gave her a view of where the woods began and her backyard ended as her mind raced. Days had passed and Nanashi still had yet to return. With every second that ticked by, her nerves got worse as she prayed that her best friend would emerge from the trees, or anywhere. She just wanted to be in his presence again.

"Nanashi.." She whispered as if he'd magically appear by that simple call.

It was scary, she'd admit. For the first time in her life, the girl felt...alone. It was strange because ever since she could remember, the pale ghost was always by her side, and left rarely. When he did, he either gave a warning or came back the next day. This different. It was knew. The feelings it caused were unwanted.

In fact the teen had half a mind to tell her mom she wasn't feeling well and not go. She'd hate to hurt her friend's feelings though, as she knew he was sensitive. It would also be a waste of her mom's money considering how expensive her dress, that she wore at the moment, was. So that wasn't an option. Sighing, the teen hugged herself and closed her eyes, lying against the window as she sat in silence. It didn't last long though as a new voice chimed in.

"How uncharacteristic." The temperature dropped in the room as (Y/n) rubbed her arms, turning her attention to the new presence. Though, the one responsible for it wasn't new to her at all.

Isekete was her name and (Y/n) felt very uncomfortable in her presence.

The ghost had the appearance of a school girl, just like (Y/n). However, she didn't act like the average teen. Since she was dead, like all normal ghosts do, she brought along a cold temperature with her, but unlike others, when she was around, the climate would drop severely, or at least for (Y/n) it did. Isekete had a very stoic manner that creeped (Y/n) out. You'd think that she'd be used to it because, well, Nanashi, but no. Her face was withered and skin cracked as a large hole was torn from the top right corner of her hairline to the base of her neck, where her collar bone began as it left her bones and right eye on a creepy display for all to see. It was framed by her uncombed, black bobbed hair and bangs. It seemed that she constantly held a smile on her chapped lips, yet it never reached her eyes. Along with it, the girl held an unwavering stare through her red eyes that pierced through anything her gaze touched.

Unlike others, (Y/n) didn't exactly meet Isekete. More like she showed up one day. It was sometime after she turned eleven and on her was to elementary. The girl was surprisingly early that day as the classroom was empty. That is, if you excluded the creepy girl who stood in the far corner of the room. That girl was Isekete. She'd stood completely still as she whispered to herself, staring the child down with her cold eyes. Yet, despite her unnerving presence, Nanashi trusted her enough, so (Y/n) trusted her too. That didn't mean she didn't feel anxious around the ghost though.

Back to the present, (Y/n) stared at Isekete, who looked at her with her usual frightening grin and asked, "Hi...What are you doing here?" The ghost blinked, well winked technically considering she only had one eyelid, and responded, "Nanashi sent me. I'm to watch over you until he returns." The (s/c) female brightened as the familiar boy's name was mentioned but she quickly settled down as her suspicion was raised. "What do you mean? You don't seem the type to take orders from people, no offense. Is he okay? Wher-" "That's enough (Y/n). I won't be answering any questions from the likes of you. I'll only observe from the sidelines, making sure you safely get to and from home. Nothing else. Nothing more." Isekete's smile dropped immediately at the last statement.

(Y/n) opened her mouth to ask more but shut it as the doorbell rang, the high-pitched, cheery chime going off throughout the house. "(Y/n)! Your date's here!" (M/n)'s voice teased from the bottom of the stairs. Looking to the door, (Y/n) slid off the window ledge, looking out of it one last time as she stood in front of the bob-haired ghost, who put her usual facade back on and grinned. "Well let's go. Hate to keep your guest waiting wouldn't we?"

He watched his bestfriend comedown the stairs and felt time stop. (Y/n) made her first few steps down the stairs, putting her whole outfit on display and all of a sudden, Daifuku couldn't muster up anything to say. His heart sped up and his tuxedo felt a little too tight as she flashed a bright smile at him, her (f/c) braces complimenting her face. The girl wore matching heels to her dress that made her match up in height with the boy as she descended down the stairs. At the final step, the girl greeted her friend, feeling better just by seeing him.

"Dai!" Though, unfortunately for the two, she overestimated the boys strength as she jumped at him, going for a hug like they were still children. The multi-eyed boy yelped as (Y/n)'s arms latched around his neck, wrapping his around her waist and stumbling to catch his balance, but to no avail.

The two fell to the floor with a thud as a flash went off behind the female, making them both turn their attention to (M/n), who held a camera in her hands and a devious smile on her face. She took more photos of the pair and giggled, "Amaru's gonna love this!" The black haired boy blushed at the mention of his dad's name and gently moved (Y/n) off of him and onto her feet as he too stood up. The two simultaneously waved their hands back and forth as they spoke at the same time, their words coming off as a jumbled mess to the older woman, who laughed as her husband rounded the corner, looking at the scene with amusement.

(D/n) chuckled as he snuck up to his wife, who was taunting the two shorter teens as she held the camera over their reaching hands. Slinging an arm around the woman's waist, he stole the camera out of her grasp with his other arm and kissed her swiftly, taking her by surprise. Pulling away, the man looked at the photos and smiled at his wife.

"Now now Hun. I think you've teased them enough. Take some good photos and send them off. I'd hate for Dai to be late to his dance," He said, positioning the camera in his hands and motioning for the two teens to get ready.

Daifuku fumbled with his hands as he had no idea where to place them. Meanwhile, (Y/n) was more than comfortable with her friends as she wrapped  both her arms around him, facing the camera as she flashed a cheerful smile. The shy boy was a flustered mess as the camera flash went off and the two adults looked at the photo, laughing as they did so. "Alright that's all," (D/n) spoke, ready to send the kids off. "Have fun at the dance you two." "Be safe!" (M/n) chimed in as the duo made their way out the door. As (Y/n) turned around to part from her parents, she made eye-contact with a certain red eyed ghost, who smiled eerily from the top of the stairwell as she waved.

The music was blaringly loud as Daifuku and (Y/n) stepped into the enormous gym of Yamada High. Not wanting to get lost, the two held hands as Daifuku navigated his way through the crowds, waving occasionally at students who greeted him.

(Y/n) looked around at the decorations set up in awe. The school truly went all out as banners were hung up, confetti scattered around the place, and expensive looking vases propped on each table. They even had a buffet of food set up in the near corner by the stage. She drooled slightly at the though of eating till she couldn't as she looked to the back of her date's hair. Trying to raise her voice over the music, she yelled, "Where are we going?" The boy stopped near one of the decorated tables as he looked around the crowd, his eyes going in several different directions. "I'm looking for a friend!" he hollered back, standing on his toes as he tried to be taller. Not wanting to be completely useless, (Y/n) began looking around too, not sure who she was looking for though.

What she did notice was a blond sneakily approaching the black eyed boy from behind, who was still oblivious to his presence. The stranger's faded blue eyes met hers and they widened for a second before a smirk marked itself on his features . He put a finger to his lips, shushing the girl as he got closer to Daifuku. When he thought he'd finally got close enough, he reached out a hand to touch the black haired boy, but was stopped.

Quickly turning around, Daifuku dodged the other boy's fast hand, using his own and moving it to the blond's wrist, pushing it away. "Nice try Monoma." The stranger's eyes widened at how fast the boy moved but laughed as he cursed.

"Damn! Really thought I had you that time See-All." (Y/n) watched the scene play out between Daifuku and his assumed friend with a look of confusion. "Uh, Dai? Who's this?" The two boys' attention turned to her and Monoma smirked, turning to his friend as he whistled. "Wow Daifuku. Who's this cutie? Didn't think you had the guts to ask a girl out, much less one this stunning." He winked, making the medium's ears heat up as Dai stammered next to her. "I-I'm not datin-" He was cut off by as the girl hugged his arm, pouting at the taller blond.

"Well you thought wrong meanie! I'm Dai's proud girlfriend (Y/n) (L/n), so you can stick it Mr.Monoma!" She barked defensively, taking both boys by surprise. Monoma put his hands up in mock defense as he smiled at the shorter boy. "My bad. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess I'll just leave you two lovebirds alone then. Catch you later See-All." He walked away, casually waving behind himself.

The duo watched him disappear into the crowd as Daifuku and (Y/n) processed recent events. At the same time, they flushed fully red, pulling away from eachother. "Why did you say that (Y/n)?!" The flustered boy asked, his eyes darting around in anxious movements as his equally flustered friend shrugged. "I-I don't know? Instinct I guess?" That didn't calm the boy's nerves a bit. He took the girl by her shoulders and shook her back and forth rapidly as he went off. "Instinct?! (Y/n) do you know how big of a chatterbox Monoma is? He can't keep his mouth shut! By the time the next song comes on everyone in this gym will know." He claimed, pointing at his face as he continued, "That much I can be sure of." Daifuku then pulled away from the girl, running a hand through his hair.

It's not that the boy was opposed to dating his childhood friend. Quite the opposite actually. He just didn't like the idea of his business being spread around, and that was one of the things Neito was best at. He wasn't in the Newspaper club for no reason after all. Daifuku also had a problem with lying. He was pretty much incapable of it, so if anyone asked personally, he wouldn't be able to for some reason.

(Y/n) rubbed her arm and looked aside, ashamed that she made her friend upset. "I'm sorry Dai..." She trailed off. All of a sudden, the girl was hit with a "bright" idea. She brightened up significantly and suggested, "What if I were your girlfriend? Just for tonight.."

Needless to say, it was easier for the new couple to admit they were dating to students that came up to greet them. Though that didn't mean Daifuku was any less jittery. His nerves just seemed to get worse as he spent time with his new girlfriend. The clairvoyant could feel his sweat bleeding through the dress shirt he wore as (Y/n) clung to his arm.

As they sent away what seemed like the last of his class mates, the boy pulled away from his date, unable to look her in the eyes as she sent him a confused gaze. "I'm-um, I'm gonna go get you some punch. Yeah! It's kind of hot in here!" He excused himself, running to the punch bowl before (Y/n) could respond. She didn't mind though as she understood the boy's nerves were already bad as she smiled endearingly in his direction. Walking up to the nearest table, the (h/c) haired girl sat down.

As she waited for her boyfriend to return, the girl reached into the purse she'd been carrying and pulled out a hand mirror. As she fixed her appearance, (Y/n) realized how flushed her (s/t) cheeks were and raised her brows. Looks like Daifuku was right, the gym was pretty hot. Not much that she could do about it unfortunately, so the medium put her mirror away. But she could've sworn she saw a white blur in the background behind her. She didn't have any time to question it though as her date came back, holding a glass of red punch out to her.

"You were right Dai. It is hot in here," she giggled, taking generous gulps from the cup before smiling charmingly at her date. Flinching, he rubbed the back of his neck and agreed with her. "A-ah! Yeah I-"

Not a second later, the lights went out.

Daifuku yelped and clung to (Y/n), who didn't get a chance to open her mouth before a light turned on. A spotlight. Directly on her and and her date, who immediately pulled away in embarrassment. The silence in the gym didn't last long as a familiar taunting voice spoke out from the various speakers hung on the ceiling. Another spotlight cut on, this one focusing on the stage, where Monoma stood, presenting a hand to the couple and holding a microphone to his mouth.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, lets give it up for my close friend, Daifuku Reikuun and his new girlfriend (Y/n) (L/n) for being voted king and queen for the nights dance!" The crowd didn't hesitate to celebrate, erupting in cheers and claps for the duo, who looked at eachother in confusion. They didn't get to question it though as Neito continued to speak. "We've collaborated with the music club and prepared a special song for you two tonight. May luck be on your side through your happy relationship. Take it away Kida!" With that, the teen walked off of the stage and another teen, presumably Kida, came to replace him as the crowd clapped for both of them.

While the spotlight on (Y/n) and Daifuku didn't cut off, it did dim a bit as faint blue lighting illuminated the gym and slow, romantic music began to play, the girl from earlier singing wonderfully to it. The clairvoyant cursed under his breath before looking to his partner. "Sorry for him (Y/n). You don't have to do this if you don't want to," He trailed off, slightly upset and fearful of her rejection. Yet, he was taken by surprise as she extended her arm to him, smiling at the boy as she responded, "Don't be silly! We're dating remember? Don't couples do stuff like this together?" The embarrassed boy shrug his shoulders as he stammered out, "I-I guess-" No more was able to be said as the pretty girl whisked him away, to the center of the dance floor as she initiated a slow dance with him.

Resting her arms around his shoulders, (Y/n) felt Daifuku's shaky hands settle on her waist as she smiled sweetly at him. "Is-is this okay?" He asked, unsure of whether she was uncomfortable with him or not. He sighed in relief when she nodded, but stiffened as she moved in closer, resting her head on his shoulder as she breathed out. "Yeah..This is nice." Daifuku wondered if (Y/n) could feel his heart beating through his tux as he held her close. He'd breath in and be able to smell her perfume, which was in a way, comforting to him. Taking a deep breath, the male relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the dance with his girlfriend. And so the two swayed gently with the music, like flowers in a breeze.

As the music came to a stop, the couple pulled away from eachother slightly, faces slightly pink. (Y/n) smiled at the black haired boy, who looked away bashfully in response. No words were spoken between the two as they enjoyed their brief moment of silence. Emphasis on brief.

The sentimental moment didn't last long as the mob of students began to chant. It started off small and quiet, but quickly grew loud and audible  to where you could clearly hear what they were saying. 'Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!' The two teens flushed at the demand, looking to eachother and looking away, turning red instantly. (Y/n) bit her lip as Daifuku's eyes darted to that same feature, growing redder by the second as the lot grew louder. The all-seeing boy began to stammer an objection to his crush but was stopped short.

In a heartbeat, (s/c) hands reached out and cupped Daifuku's pale face as she leaned in, pink lips landing in a space where his cheek would be as his eyes in that area shut closed. She stayed in that position for a second before pulling away, looking the steaming boy in his eyes and smiling.

Daifuku was in a space between heaven and hell as he felt himself get choked up in his words and only wierd noises escaped from him. On the other hand, he was over the moon at the fact that his crush had actually kissed him. The boy had half a mind to pinch himself to see if he were dreaming, but he feared that if he was, he'd wake up. But as the crowd erupted into cheers, he knew he wasn't, which was both a good and bad thing for him. Overwhelmed from the attention, Daifuku did what anyone would do in a situation like this. He passed out.

Tired from the events that occurred in the night, the teens were too tired to walk back home. Luckily, Daifuku had brought enough money to afford a cab home.

As the two got into the vehicle, (Y/n) cuddled up to her partner, hugging his slim figure tightly. Thankfully, the easily embarrassed guy had gotten somewhat to the (h/c) haired girl's affections and clumsily slipped his arm around her waist, cautious not to make her upset. His hold on her was light. He was afraid to touch her, not wanting to make the wrong move, but judging on how she'd completely relaxed against him, he assumed she was alright for now.

"I'm glad you invited me. This was fun," (Y/n) murmured tiredly as the male above her chuckled. "Who else would I invite? Hitoshi?" The duo shared a laugh at the thought. "Haha, it would've been funny if you did. But yeah, I really liked being your girlfriend for today. Hope we can do it again sometime." The (e/c) eyed girl admitted, making her date blush once again. Daifuku wasn't sure what to say. Half of him wanted to suggest that it didn't have to end, and the other wasn't ready for that. Settling for the middle-man, the black haired boy agreed with her. "Yeah.." Nodding off, he rested his head on top of (Y/n)'s (h/t) (h/c) locks and dozed off for the rest of the ride.

Shutting the door to her room, (Y/n) groaned in exhaustion as she slipped of her heels and flopped onto her (f/c)-themed bed, to tired to change out of the dress she wore.

Surprisingly enough, as tired as she felt, (Y/n) couldn't bring her eyes to shut. She was restless in her quieter than usual room as she realized that a certain white haired companion still hadn't returned. It was a few minutes to three in the morning and the girl could feel her bags settle in as she longingly looked to her same window from earlier. Once more, she called his name to the empty air. "Nanashi?"

And suddenly, it was as if the gods answered her prayers as a familiar white head of hair poked his head through her floor, looking at the now wide-awake girl with a blank stare. The sight was comedic as he looked at her through the floorboards as if he were from one of those whack-a-mole games, but (Y/n) couldn't bring herself to laugh as she beamed brightly at the ghost, tearing up. If she could've hugged him she would've, so she settled on herself as the, now concerned boy gravitated to her immediately.

He reached out to her, but stopped short as he recalled his predicament. Small, hot tears fell from her (e/c) eyes and she hiccuped silently. "Where'd you go? I was so worried Shi. I thought something happened to you.." She said, sloppily signing as she brought her knees up to her body.

Nanashi looked at her with furrowed brows, regretful for having left her so abruptly. Meeting her now puffy eyes, he brought his hands up to respond. 'I'm so sorry (Y/n). I had to take care of..Business. I promise not to leave like that again.' Backing away slightly, he moved his pointer finger to his chest, making an 'x' over where his unbeating heart would be. (Y/n) smiled softly as she finally let exhaustion take over her. Lying back on her bed, the girl felt herself nod off as her ghost companion observed from her side. She let out one last request before going to dreamworld.

"Stay with me.."

Artwork used not mine

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 117K 76
❝I'M ALWAYS TIRED, BUT NEVER OF YOU.❞ [various x reader] a lazy girl with a few missing brain cells is on the path to becom...
4.1K 168 10
.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆ " 𝖦𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗎𝗍! " *・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ Started: 02.09.21
450 22 6
ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃, 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 ✧.* ‧₊ ╰┈➤ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘺/𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘢...
82.9K 1.2K 8
Note: This is a girls of BNHA x male reader. no genderbents. Description/ Summery: When I was young, I thought was Quirkless, and powerless. Everyone...