Gianna's Grit | ✓

By sillywhims

Book 1, First Generation Gianna Kingsley only came back to the rundown southside neighborhood for a funeral... More

i. introduction + forewarning
I: Bad News
II: Draw First, Ask Later
III: Holy Gumbo, Who are You?
IV: My Old Friend the Target
V: Leave it to the Photo Albums
VI: Cleanup, Standup
VII: We Need to Talk
VIII: No One's the Same Forever
IX: Scarface Anthem
X: Permitted Grilling
XI: I Feel it Coming
XII: Laid to Rest
XIII: Just Like That
XIV: Make a List
XV: Back to the Grind
XVI: Back to the House
XVII: And I Don't Mean the Juice
XVIII: All Wound Up
XX: Ring a Bell
XXI: Family Time
XXII: Quick Check
XXIII: Guess Who's Back
XXIV: We All Bleed Red
XXV: Trying Times
XXVI: No Sir
XXVII: Turning Point
XXVIII: No Air, No Air
XXIX: Time Flies like Bullets
XXX; *EXTRA* Family Reunion

XIX: After the Fall

4.7K 384 18
By sillywhims

GIANNA

I woke up with my naked body covered in black sheets, but the bed was void of King and his warmth. I furrowed my brow and sat up, covering my chest.

I found that it was still night, and found him standing at the window lost in thought, "King?"

He didn't show me any acknowledgment at first, but soon spoke, "Don't call me that."

I smiled at this and eventually found the white shirt he'd offered me earlier, along with the pants, before approaching him.

He was bare-chested, leaving him in only his pajama bottoms. I wrapped my arms around him, "Zion."

I felt him release a deep silent sigh at this, and I allowed my hands to roam over his chest. I placed my cheek against his back, beginning to doze off.

I barely remembered him carrying me back to the bed and covering me up, but not feeling him rest beside me woke me back up.

I turned onto my side and found him back at his spot, "You need to sleep."

Zion shook his head, "men like me don't sleep, Gianna."

I smiled and held my hand out, "Zion."

His eyes slid over to mine before I sat up and held out both arms to him. He stared at me before eventually accepting, wrapping his strong arms around me and making me whole again.

I pulled him onto the bed and he fell beside me with a smile, "You played me."

I nodded proudly before kissing him, "You need rest."

With that, I turned my back to him and pressed myself against him comfortably. I felt Zion wrap and arm around me and cover us up. His lips found the nape of my neck and he revisited the marks he'd made earlier that night before we drifted off together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.3K 37
"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he...
5.5K 268 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...
4.5K 151 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
1.3M 52.9K 50
Filled with street smarts and book smarts, Arianna Lincoln reached her dream of owning her own restaurant. Reaching the dream of finding love, she's...