Gianna's Grit | βœ“

By sillywhims

Book 1, First Generation Gianna Kingsley only came back to the rundown southside neighborhood for a funeral... More

i. introduction + forewarning
I: Bad News
II: Draw First, Ask Later
III: Holy Gumbo, Who are You?
IV: My Old Friend the Target
V: Leave it to the Photo Albums
VI: Cleanup, Standup
VII: We Need to Talk
VIII: No One's the Same Forever
IX: Scarface Anthem
X: Permitted Grilling
XI: I Feel it Coming
XII: Laid to Rest
XIII: Just Like That
XIV: Make a List
XV: Back to the Grind
XVII: And I Don't Mean the Juice
XVIII: All Wound Up
XIX: After the Fall
XX: Ring a Bell
XXI: Family Time
XXII: Quick Check
XXIII: Guess Who's Back
XXIV: We All Bleed Red
XXV: Trying Times
XXVI: No Sir
XXVII: Turning Point
XXVIII: No Air, No Air
XXIX: Time Flies like Bullets
XXX; *EXTRA* Family Reunion

XVI: Back to the House

4.7K 358 7
By sillywhims

GIANNA

Once again, I found myself being swallowed by the car's tense atmosphere. It was silent and neither of us attempted to change that. I just watched where he was driving, and furrowed my brow when he stopped.

We were in the neighborhood, but King locked the doors. He turned to me, "You don't just leave somebody, Gianna."

I frowned, "I wasn't leaving, I was visiting. I didn't think you'd notice anyway."

My chin was snatched up painfully and his eyes met mine, "I have eyes everywhere, I notice everything."

I shoved him away forcefully and unlocked the doors on my own, climbing out. I rounded the car, "Give me my keys."

King's scowl multiplied tenfold as he got out and opened the back door and swiftly shoved me into the vehicle once again.

I yelled and tried to get out, but King had locked the doors by then. My attempts were futile. I watched him drive, knowing I couldn't do anything without endangering my life as well.

We only took two turns before King slowed the vehicle to a complete stop. I felt him park, and I stared out of the back window in confusion.

We were back at the house from before. I watched as men walked in and out of the home, some sitting on the porch and others gathered in the front yard. The windows were open downstairs allowing light and music to pour from them all.

King exited the car with my keys, putting them in his pocket, and opening my door, "Get your shit."

I nodded and he kept close to me as we rounded the car. I grabbed all of my bags, "what are we—"

King brought his lips close to my ear as he dragged me inside, "don't say a word to anybody."

I furrowed my brow in a mixture of confusion and fear before being ushered into the the house. King approached and the other men moved out of his path quite completely.

What the hell is going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 315 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...
309K 18.9K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
571K 20.3K 36
"𝚈𝚘𝚞 πšœπšπš›πšŠπš’πšπš‘πš?" "π™Ύπš πšŒπš˜πšžπš›πšœπšŽ, πš’πš–πš–πšŠ πš™πš’πš–πš™ 𝚜𝚘 πš’πš– πšŠπš•πš πšŠπš’πšœ πšπš‘πšžπšπšπš’πš—" π™°πš™πš›πš’πš• 𝟸𝟢𝟸𝟢 - π™½πš˜πšŸπšŽπš–πš‹πšŽπš› 𝟸𝟢𝟸...
4.6K 152 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...