The Secluding of Eve

By angelheaven101

What would you do if someone offered you the chance to be a spy? That would mean leaving your family, friends... More

Prolouge
Ch. 1-Bond Prep
Ch. 2-Friends
Ch. 4-Flowers
Ch. 5-Ms. Kimi
Ch. 6-Frost551
Ch. 7- Cage3219
Ch. 8-Before j45t990
Ch. 9-j45t990
Ch. 10-Harvey
Ch. 11-Fight
Ch. 12 Recovery
Ch. 13-Jared
Ch. 14-Goodbye Daddy
Ch. 15-Mrs. Moore
Ch.16-CPR
Ch. 17-Returns
Ch. 18-plans
Ch. 19-Ball
Ch. 20-Eve
Ch. 21-Green light
Ch. 22-Scrapbooks

Ch. 3-Enemies

2.7K 37 9
By angelheaven101

I woke up early thanks to my alarm clock and changed into my uniform. Fran was wearing red plaid shorts and the vest on top of her black shirt. “Any shoes right,” I asked as I put my boots on. She nodded and put on some red high tops. I let my brown bob stay down and brushed the bangs for the final time. Last night Fran helped me get my school bag together so we walked out of the room together and headed for the cafeteria. When we walked in I couldn’t believe all the noise. I saw a few people wearing green uniforms leaving the cafeteria and now saw a sea of red.

Fran and I walked through the line and while she just got cereal, I got eggs, bacon, and two pieces of French toast. We walked toward an empty table and started to eat when Ranger walked over with a brush in hand and an omelet on his plate. “Hello Franny. Hey Eve,” he said as he sat down. Fran gave him a look and he sighed. “Yeah I know but I do try and wake up early. I just get distracted by my awesome body. Is that a crime,” he asked and Fran rolled her eyes.

“I saw kids with green uniforms. What’s up with that,” I asked as I noticed that Ranger was wearing red plaid like Fran and me. “Just different levels. From zero to eight you wear blue and they start school at eight a.m. From nine to thirteen you wear green and they start school at eight thirty. Then there’s us from fourteen to nineteen who wear green and start at nine sharp,” Ranger said and started to eat his omelet. This school seems so organized. When I finished eating I sat back and looked around. “Is this school like the ones on TV with the cliques,” I asked. I didn’t have to worry about that at my old school because no one really wanted to be there.

“Let’s see. Your popular kids are probably the full bloods,” Ranger said pointing to a table in the middle. I looked at Fran and her nose was scrunched up. “What’s wrong with them,” I asked. “Nothing. They just have two spy parents and were pretty much dropped off at birth. They were literally born to spy and have been here their whole lives. The girl with the blonde longish pixie cut is Kacy. She has the best or worst reputation here,” Ranger said. “You say this like it’s a fact,” I said.

“I used to like her. I don’t think there’s a guy here that doesn’t like her but once Franny here entered my life I knew she was the only girl for me,” Ranger teased and Fran blushed. I looked at the table and saw a guy with brown hair, dimples, and muscular arms around Kacy’s shoulders. “Who’s that guy holding Kacy,” I asked. “That would be Hank,” Ranger said. “The hunk,” Fran said and licked her lips. I saw Ranger roll his eyes and he continued. “He’s Kacy’s boyfriend and has been together for about 3 years. That other girl with brown hair in a braided bun is Hank’s twin sister Hansel,” Ranger said. “Does any one go by last names here,” I asked.

“Do you have one,” Ranger asked and I shook my head no slightly embarrassed. “None of us do. We mostly go by our sponsor’s last name if needed but even then the full bloods either go by Jones or Smith,” Ranger said. That was interesting. We got up to throw our plates away when everyone started to clear out. Ranger gave Fran a big hug and said, “Don’t miss me too much darling.” Fran pulled out of his arms and gave me a hug before leaving. Ranger and I walked to class and the desks were the kind that sat two people together. Of course I sat next to Ranger and looked around. The classroom had steps that went up so that everyone could look down at the teacher.

This was my weapons class with Mr. Julius. “Whatever you do, do not raise your hand,” Ranger said and before I could ask why the teacher walked in. He was a Hispanic man with a low cut and a thin mustache. “Morning class,” he said and a few people grunted. “Now where did we leave off,” he asked. No one answered and he looked around the room. I tried to look anywhere but at him but he called out, “You. New girl. What’s your name?” I sighed and looked at him. “Eve,” I said and he checked a list. “Evangeline right,” he asked. “Yes sir,” I said and he nodded. “Well pay attention in class and nothing will be flung at you,” he said and took something out of a briefcase.

“Was he serious,” I asked Ranger and he nodded. Mr. Julius took a pair of handcuffs from the briefcase and laid them on the table. “Anyone know what these are,” Mr. Julius asked and no one answered. “These are handcuffs made by our technology spies. They are built to track in case your victim tries to escape. This is a two piece set. One piece would be in the spy’s ear,” Mr. Julius said holding a small clear earpiece. It had a metal rim around the edges. “With this piece you can send shock waves to the person wearing the handcuffs. I want you to write this down in your notebooks. This two piece device set that can track and shock your captive is called the Cutri4000,” Mr. Julius said and I wrote what he said down.

“Now our technologists are working on a way to shrink the handcuffs to crush your enemies bones while in battle. If everything goes well that device should be out in three months. Remember weapons are only to be used in extreme situations. We are spies not assassins,” Mr. Julius said and wrote a few notes on the board. When the class finally ended I turned to Ranger who was already standing up. “Don’t these weapons sound really complicated? Why can’t we just crush the bones ourselves,” I asked. Ranger and I walked out of the classroom ignoring the loud noise.

“I guess we could do that but the points of the handcuffs were that our enemy wouldn’t know they were special. If someone had you handcuffed you would try to break free right,” he asked. I nodded and Ranger said, “Well that way we, as spies, could crush your wrist bones without taking our eyes off another target.” “Have you ever been on a mission,” I asked. Ranger looked down at me with a smile and said, “I wish. I could’ve gone once but Fran couldn’t go so I stayed behind. I don’t regret it though because Fran was really fragile back then.” “You barely know her. How could you give up an opportunity like that for a stranger,” I asked.

“I asked myself the same thing too but Fran was so nice to me. I was a mess when I first got here and she took care of me. I guess I owed her,” Ranger said and looked up. “Speaking of the bunny there she is,” Ranger said loud enough for Fran to hear. She turned around with a smile and when we walked up to her she held out a piece of paper to Ranger. He took it and said, “Congratulations Fran.” “What is it,” I asked. “Fran’s specialty is technology and her exam was to send in a creation of hers. She sent in a mini robot to cater to spies and the technologists are going to improve it. This is great Fran. Now you’ll be able to design all types of coolness,” he said and Fran giggled. 

“So what’s your specialty,” I asked. “Hands on like you. People can either be hands on, behind the scenes, or technologists,” Ranger said. “How do you know I’m hands on,” I asked. “It was on the bottom of your schedule,” he said. Oh. The three of us walked into class and there were a few chairs in a semi circle. A lady with long red wavy hair and green eyes was smiling. “Evangeline right,” she asked walking up to me. “Yes,” I said and she shook my hand. “I’m Ms. Emarti the acting teacher as you can probably tell. This is a very open class and I hope you’ll enjoy it,” she said with a smile. “I hope so too,” I said and she let go of my hand. “Fran make sure she’s well taken care of ok? I will get you to sing in my class,” she said and walked away.

Fran gave me a don’t ask look and the three of us sat toward the left edge. Kacy walked into the class with her skirt way too short and her vest so tight I thought it would pop any second. Then again I’m not one to judge. At least she looked better than the crack heads I used to work with. Hank walked into the room and caught me looking at him. He gave me a smile and I politely returned it. It was just a smile right? Hansel was pushing Hank to go through the door and they took their seats. “Ok class does everyone know our new student,” Ms. Emarti asked. I felt everyone shift their gazes on me but I remained expressionless.

“What’s your name new girl,” Kacy asked. I looked her way and said, “Eve.” She nodded and turned back to face Hank who continued to stare at me. “Well let’s start class. We’ll split up into groups of three and I want you to act out the following scene in front of the class. One of you will be the victim. One of you will be the villain. One of you will be the hero. You have two minutes to discuss,” she said and Ranger faced me. “I call the villain,” he said. “Why do you get to be the villain,” I asked. He shrugged and said, “I like the bad characters. More fun you know.” I looked at Fran and she just shrugged. “Victim,” I asked her and she nodded. So that means I was stuck being the hero.

“I’ll mostly be talking to you since my poor Frana banana doesn’t want to talk,” Ranger said. Fran nodded and I agreed. “Ok. How about your group first Kacy,” Ms. Emarti said and Kacy walked up to the front with Hank and Hansel. “Begin,” Ms. Emarti said. “Please d-don’t hurt me,” Kacy said and took a few steps back. “Sorry love but you have something I want. Something I plan to get with or without your approval,” Hank said with a grin. He stepped closer to Kacy and she stepped back. She really looked like she was scarred for her life.

“You touch her and you won’t live to see another day,” Hansel said pulling Kacy into her arms and extending an arm. “I should have known you would show up sister,” Hank said and Hansel smiled. “Of course dear brother,” she said and the twins glared at each other until Ms. Emarti started to clap. “Very good group one. A little more threat on your part Hank and a few more words on yours Hansel would have been great. Your emotion was very nice Kacy,” Ms. Emarti said and they took their seats. “Ok how about your group next Fran,” Ms. Emarti said and we stood up. When Ms. Emarti said begin, Fran ran into my arms crying. “Release her and you can walk away un-harmed,” Ranger said with emotion in his voice. “I can’t do that. She’s an innocent girl and deserves better,” I said. Ranger raised an eyebrow at me but I was just repeating from an old movie I used to watch.

Ranger smiled and said, “She’s my daughter and I will do what I want with her.” So he’s seen that movie too. “I will not let you take her,” I said and comforted Fran. “I will take her in as my own. You can just run back to the filthy place you call a home,” I said and Ranger laughed. “Fine have her. She’s your child I stole from you anyway,” Ranger said and I gasped in fake shock while Ranger continued to smile. We stayed that way until Ms. Emarti clapped. “Very nice you two but why do I have a feeling that your scene came from a lifetime movie,” Ms. Emarti asked. “Who knows Ms. E,” Ranger asked and we took our seats. “Nice acting,” I said. “It helps when I’ve seen the movie seventeen times,” he said and I smiled.

When we finished that exercise Ms. Emarti looked around the room. “What makes the world go around? What is the hardest emotion for two people to feel together,” Ms. Emarti asked. “Love,” someone said and Ms. Emarti nodded. “I will pick the groups and I want you to act out your version of love. Let’s start with Kacy and George,” Ms. Emarti said. Kacy frowned a little but stood up anyway. She had to act out love with a guy wearing thick glasses and a few pimples. “I don’t have to kiss him or anything right,” Kacy asked. “Just feel the scene. If you feel you should then do it,” Ms. Emarti said. Kacy took a deep breath and held George’s hands. When Ms. Emarti said began Kacy began to cry. “I’m sorry but we just can’t be together anymore,” she said. “Why? What can I do to make your tears go away,” he asked and reached for Kacy’s face.

Kacy turned her face and took a step back. “You can do nothing for me. This is something that I shouldn’t feel for you. We should separate before it gets worse,” Kacy said. “Is it love? I love you very much and want to be with you forever,” George said. If this wasn’t acting class I would have thought George was making a serious confession. Kacy turned to face him and pulled George into a hug while crying on his shoulder. “I-I love you too,” she said and they embraced until Ms. Emarti clapped. The two broke away and Ms. Emarti said, “Very nice you two. Maybe I little more confusion from you George. Next I want to see Fran and Ranger.” Fran and Ranger walked to the front and when Ms. Emarti said begin Ranger started the scene off. “I can’t take this anymore! I see you with other guys and do you know how I feel?! It makes my blood boil and my skin crawl,” Ranger said. Fran started to cry and clutched her chest.

“I hope it hurts! Hurt the way you’ve hurt me! Do you feel that? I felt that for weeks and then I catch you in a café with another man?! I won’t do this anymore,” Ranger said and turned to leave but Fran grabbed his shirt. Ranger looked back and Fran smashed her lips on Ranger’s. My mouth dropped and when I looked around a few other’s jaws were dropped too. When Fran pulled back slowly she rested her head on Ranger’s chest. Ranger sighed and said, “I guess I’ll take you back. I love you after all.” Ms. Emarti clapped and Fran smiled. “Didn’t know you loved me so much Franny,” he said and Fran hit his arm.

“I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Very nice you two,” Ms. Emarti said and when the two made their way toward me I quickly tried to hide my expressions. “For two people who aren’t a couple that was some serious acting,” I said. Fran shrugged and Ranger said, “Just an easy A to me. Plus Fran is a good kisser when she wants to be.” Fran blushed and Ms. Emarti called my name. “Eve I want you and Hank,” she said. Just an easy ‘A’ right? I walked to the front and looked at Hank confused. How is love supposed to feel? “Just let me lead,” Hank whispered and I nodded. When Ms. Emarti said begin Hank pulled me close to him and raised me up so that I was on my toes.

“I would never hurt you. I promise to be with you forever. Will you let me love you,” Hank asked. I blushed and looked to the side. Don’t girls act shy at this part? ‘I-I don’t know what to say,” I said. “Just say yes. Say yes and I’ll take care of the rest. I don’t care what your father thinks of us,” he said. “But my father would kill you if he found out about us,” I said trying not to let Hank do all the work. He turned my head toward his and whispered, “Be mine and I’ll protect you.” I nodded and Hank kissed my lips gently and stayed there until Ms. Emarti started to clap.

Hank let me go and I resisted the urge to touch my lips. I looked at Kacy and she was shooting daggers at me. “Very nice you two. I could almost feel the forbidden love in the air. You two will have to work together more. I see great emotional chemistry,” Ms. Emarti said and then it was time to go to the next class. “Kacy’s going to kill you,” Ranger said. “I thought this was just an easy ‘A’,” I said. Fran shook her head no and gave me a sympathetic look. “Not when it comes to Kacy’s stuff. Just be careful,” Ranger said and patted my shoulder.

Why do I feel like I’ve made an enemy?

************************

Ok guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 47.2K 39
*to be edited: please excuse any continuity errors and / or mistakes in regards the writing quality of Hades* You could say that a lot has happened t...
136 26 11
They’re after us. They want it for themselves. I don’t know who I can trust besides my family. They have been with me forever. They never left my sid...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...
134 7 11
Eve Mallory doesn't know who she is. With mysterious scars on her back and tattoos along her arms, she is at a loss of what has happened in her past...