Loving my enemy? (Nouis one d...

By ROSES1909

"I hate you." "I hate you more" "Kiss me?" "Of course" A story where Louis and Niall are natural enemies... More

Rivalry
New school
Underestimated
Antidepressants
Project
Things you can't know
Mother's day
Handle the pain
Falling for him
Secrets
Are you happy?
Lips
The kiss
Reputations
The broken stay broken
Freshly cut
Innocence is hot
Safe with you
He's Abused
The Hospital
I love you!
The Truth
Apologies
His Super Hero
Boyfriends
Goodbye
Dear Louis
It takes time to fix
Hold My Hand
A Team
My Body

Shirtless

2.7K 80 70
By ROSES1909

~~~Louis point of view~~~

We ended up watching the movie and the next in the Harry Potter series. He only had the last one left but wanted to save it.

"So draco and Harry are together just like us!" I laughed at him. He still was trying to convince me that drarry was a thing.

"WE are a couple. I don't know about them" he shook his head at me but yawned before he could say anything further.

"You want to stay here tonight? I'll text my mom I'm sure it will be fine as long as I tell her we won't be doing anything inappropriate" he looked at me weirdly for a second as if trying to understand what inappropriate things he would do.

Realization hit him and he turned bright red and gasped. This boy is too innocent for his own good. Either way he replied "can we please stay here I'm so tired to go all the way back"

I rolled my eyes at him playfully since the ride was only about 10 minutes but nodded. I shot my mom a text and she replied right away with a 'sure don't get anyone pregnant'. I snorted at that shaking my head.  Niall read it and started to laugh hysterically.

We made our way to the room and I pulled out some clothes. I made sure to get Niall mine since he wouldn't want anyone else's. I took zany's since we were closest in size. Lord knows I won't fit in Harry's clothes.

We changed and I felt a bit warm so left my shirt off. I didn't even realize that would be a big deal till I looked over at Niall in the bed staring directly at my chest. I forgot I'm not with just anyone.

I shook my head going to grab my shirt "sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable ni! I just like to you k-know. Sleep like to shirtless."

He just continued to stare at my chest and is stared right at his face all of a sudden he blurted out "I-I... wow you're h-hot"

He turned bright red in the matter of seconds "w-wait I didn't mean t-that like t-that oh m-my god that was so e-embarrassing- I mean you are h-hot that's not what I-I'm contemplating-"

He stopped talking at the sounds of my laugh filling the room. He frowned crossing his arms looking down. I smiled at how cute he was and walked over.

"Ni it's ok I'm your boyfriend remember?" He looked up at me and I cupped his face planting a kiss on his forehead.

After a few seconds of silence I had to ask "do you really think I'm hot though?" He turned red yet again.

"Yeah" he whispered looking down at the blanket. I fell on the bed laughing hysterically hoping it would cover up the redness in my face.

Eventually we got snuggled up in bed. This time it felt different. This time I can say that we are doing this for another reason than just me comforting him.

It didn't take long for him to fall asleep. He held onto me like it was for his dear life. He even subconsciously would trace my tattoos.

Tomorrow would be the day I have to bring Niall to the police station. They needed a statement to put his dad in jail. There is no way in hell I'm letting him get out of there.

It'll be ruff but it'll be worth it. Hopefully we can get through that and we can start moving on. Moving towards happier times.

Even with all thats changed he's still got a certain sadness in his eyes. He will still stare off into space sometimes deep in thought. Sometimes when I touch him he flinches but relaxes when he sees it's me.

I went to sleep with a little too much on my mind.

I woke up to a noise. Who the hell is making noise if Niall is sleeping? My eyes shot open to meet a group of people I didn't want to see.

"Well someone's finally up!" Harry whispered since Niall was still sound asleep.

"What The fuck are you boys doing???" I whisper yelled back. I pulled Niall a little bit closer to me wrapping my arms covering him while he slept clueless.

Shawn and Liam visibly awwwed at my actions and I gave them a death glare. "Well we have the keys you know" Liam replayed and I rolled my eyes.

"You aren't wearing a shirt! Did you do the nasty!" Harry whisper yelled a little louder this time with a huge grin on his face. All the boys got a little close wide eyed laughing.

"What! No we didn't of course not!! You boys are crazy absolutely nuts. Get out!" I whisper yelled at them one last time.

I looked back down at Niall and brushed some hair out of his face just to hear loud awwwwws coming from the other side of the room. I turned bright red giving them one last death warning.

Once they got out I started to poke at Niall. "Nialllll wake upppppp". His face scrunched a little but soon I was met with his shinning blue eyes.

"Mmm morning" he said quietly. I smiled down at him slowly getting up. I threw on my shirt after stretching a little.

"The boys are outside so brace yourself" I warned him. He looked at me a little confused but nodded anyway. I planted a kiss on his forehead before walking out to met the boys. They can't put him on edge today.

"Oh someone's finally up" zayn commented from the couch. I yawned in response going over to a stool grabbing some orange juice.

A few seconds later Niall came slowly creeping into the room. He had sweats and a t shirt on. I mentally cursed myself for not giving him a long sleeved. He hid his arms behind his back. He shouldn't be ashamed of his scars.

The room turned to look at him and man did he look absolutely adorable. His hair was a little bit messy and the clothes hung off him a little too big. His eyes were a little red from just waking up and his eyes on the floor bitting his lip.

The entire room let out a soft aww causing him to look up confused. Man is he stunning.

"Morning.." he whispered so softly he sounded like a little child. Everyone just stared at him shocked at how purely cute Niall Horan is.

Everyone said their good mornings back while I just looked at him fondly sipping my juice. He was struggling keeping his arms behind his back so i opened my arms for him to come into.

He quickly ran across the room and into my arms. He put his back to my chest and his arms behind mine looking at the boys.

Liam got a little bit closer to Niall causing him to move back. "Wait a second...." he stared straight at nialls neck. What is he-

"Nialls got a love bite!!!" He called out staring at his neck. I gasped for a second. I had completely forgot about that.

All the boys got up to go look "no wayyyy!!! You guys did do the nasty!!!" Harry yelled looking at the bruise.

I spun him around looking at the dark red spot I left there last might. Shit. That will be hard to explain.

"No we didn't!!!" I shouted back while Niall tried to cover it.

"Mhm if you say so" Liam mumbled resuming making breakfast.

I turned Niall around to look at me and he gave me a horrified expression. "That was so embarrassing!" He said low enough for just me to hear.

"Hmmm I don't think so I like it" I said chucking a little brushing my hand over it. He giggled a little bit nodding his head.

We continued conversations with everyone and Niall stopped covering it and just embraced it.

At one point I whispered in his ear "can I tell them". He looked back at me and thought for a second but nodded. I gave him a smile looking at the boys who were all occupied in their own worlds.

"Hey boys we have a little announcement." They all turned to look at me dropping everything they were doing.

"Well nialls officially my boyfriend as of last night" I said happily. Niall smiled along with that and nodded.

We got a lot of responses-

"It's about time!!! Congratulations guys"

"Yay!!!!!! Congrats!"

"I thought we knew that already"

"Yeah no duh. I'd be more surprised if you told me you guys weren't"

"We can go on double dates!"

"That cuddling this morning kinda told me that already"

Niall looked a little overwhelmed but still smiled. "Thanks for a-accepting me guys". As soon as his voice started everyone shut up to hear what he had to say. His voice was so soft you just had to.

"Of course ni! I'd say you are apart of our fam but that definitely wouldn't work with Louis." Zayn added casually.

"Why does everyone keep saying that!!!" I said exasperated and the whole room just laughed.

They all resumed what they were doing and Niall sat on the stool next to me still covering his arms. He didn't have any new cuts but the old ones were still red and visible.

"You don't have to hide it ni. No one here will judge you. Only if you are comfortable". He thought it over for a second. No one will judge him especially since they know a part of what he went though.

He inhaled deeply but nodded his head. I know he wants to move on in his life and the cuts are something he'll have to live with.

Slowly he removed his arms from his side placing them on the counter.

"I have the first batch of pancakes-" Liam started stopping in his tracks when he saw nialls arms. It's definitely not something people were expecting to see.

He frowned deeply staring at nialls arms. Niall quickly becomes uncomfortable hiding them back in his lap.

Niall started to slightly shake while Liam just stared at where nialls arms were on the counter. I know liam's never seen anything like that.

Liam does know about it however. I slipped it to him a while ago. He's always been the biggest mental health supporter after his sister was diagnosed with depression a while back so he composed himself.

"Come for pancakes boys! And Niall I know you have to make your own so common while the pans hot!" He said casually returning to normal.

Niall looked up absolutely shocked but quickly became relieved. Liam knows not to ask about scars and Niall seemed very happy about that.

Niall got up to make his own and Liam looked over at me sadly not letting Niall see. I smiled at him and mouthed a thank you. How does he know how to act in every situation?? 

When everyone was finally sitting at the table the other boys caught sight of nialls arms as well. They were not as good with handling it.

"Oh my god Niall are you ok?" Harry asked looking closer. Niall quickly hid his arms shutting his eyes.

"No way... Niall I'm so sorry" zayn responded next. I looked at them with wide eyes. Shaking my head.

Liam shut Shawn up before he said anything. "Don't you guys know never ask about scars??" Liam said slapping them both on the back of the head.

Niall continued to look down but I reached over to grab his hand. He took it still not looking up.

"Oh right. Sorry Niall don't worry we don't think any less of you of course." Harry said guiltily.

"Yeah really... sorry" zayn added quickly.

Niall looked up at them and smiled. "It's ok r-really t-thanks guys" he said softly.

They all smiled at him and he returned his arms into view with a slight blush on his face. All the boys went back to eating occasionally looking at the scars. I know they wanted to pretend like they weren't there but they couldn't help but look.

He looked up at me and I was smiling brightly at him. This is real progress.

After everything was cleaned up and done zayn came running in with a soccer ball "anyone up for some game?"

All the boys nodded especially Niall who looked a little extra excited. Zayn looked at him warily "I don't know niall... you are hurt.."

He frowned a little composing himself "I've been... well a-abused all my life. I've p-played games with you guys in worse condition I'll be ok."

They all looked at him half shocked and sad. I guess they did forget that all those times they made fun of him and teased him. He was just hurt.

"You're right niall. Plus I'm sure you'll go easy on us right?" I said knowing he wouldn't give up. Plus I want him to ease his stress before going to talk to the police later.

He thought about it and shook his head no in response. The whole room laughed heading towards the back where we had soccer nets up.

Harry took his rightful spot in the net and we started to play while Shawn sat and spectated. Liam gave him a little kiss on the nose before running to play.

I have him a playful ew look. He shook his head "oh please Louis you can't give me shit over being cuddly anymore can you? Old Louis could but this one can't" he said nudging to niall.

I rolled my eyes knowing that was definitely true. Old me would have never live that type of stuff down. Now I'm doing it more than him.

But I glanced over at Niall who was jumping up and down warming up, excited to play and thought it's all worth it.

We played for what seemed like hours. We were having a great time. This was well needed.

The boys really grew to like Niall. I don't blame them he is the sweetest person once you get to know him.

Occasionally I'd catch the boys staring at nialls arms and the cuts that were scattered up and down them.

We were a group of popular kids. We have never seen or even thought about anything like that before. We all lived good lives. We didn't know how bad life can truly be.

When Niall plays soccer he's where he's meant to be. He's happier and has nothing holding him down because he throws himself completely into the game.

That's why there is no stopping him.

On that note he absolutely crushed us. Absolutely beat us to a pulp.

We all gasped for air tired after all that running while Niall stayed with the ball unfazed. I have zero doubt in my mind that this boy will go professional. At least now I know where all this talent comes from. He literally practiced nonstop his entire life. Most of the time the boys and I just hang around watching movies.

"I-I I don't understand" Harry said from the floor after Niall had scored on him yet again. He didn't even bother getting up. Zayn went over and laid right next to Harry in exhaustion. Liam went over to Shawn who was cheering him on while I went to Niall.

"I know you can do this all day ni but have a little mercy on us please. Let's call it a day?" He chuckled a little at this nodding his head. He started to poke at his clothes so I knew he needed to go get cleaned.

We went inside and Niall went straight for the shower. I knew he wouldn't be done for a while so I sat with the boys.

As we sat zayn spoke up "I can't believe niall would do that to himself.." he said cautiously looking at the TV. I took a sip of my water and sighed.

"I know I've known for a while but honestly... I didn't think it was that bad.." Liam added slowly. Again, I sighed at that.

"Well boys he lost his mom, had no friends, and had an abusive dad. If you look at it like that I'm surprised he's even still here" I replied massaging my face with both my hands. They all looked at me shocked but understood. they knew I was right.

I wonder to my self everyday how he handled all of that. I would have given up so quickly. Sure he's damaged but he's still here even with his cuts.

Soon enough they left wishing me a good luck with the police station. I would take all the luck I can get.

Soon Niall got out of the slower and came over dressed in another outfit from our draws. I smiled at him opening my arms for him to come into.

After getting settled and sitting in quiet for a little he spoke up "Louis why do you like me?"  I tilted my head at him a little confused.

"I mean I feel like you don't get anything out of this relationship. It's just me complaining all the time and you saving me. Don't you get bored?" He said sincerely. Well I guess he did a lot of thinking in the shower.

I sighed shaking my head. "Niall even if I hadn't gotten you out of all of these situations I would still love you. That's right love not just like. I'm not here because I think i have to be. I'm here because I want to be" I said smoothly while he looking directly into my eyes as if he was trying to detect any hesitation.

"I love your personality. I think you are the sweetest and funniest person I've met. You brighten my day every time I see you. Not to mention you are the best looking person I've ever laid eyes on" I said casually as he turned a deep shade of red.

"Niall I genuinely love you and want to be here. If that means getting through a few obstacles first than I will." I finished looking back at Niall. He had a smile on his face as he looked at me so fondly.

He leaned over and gave me a sweet kiss before getting back into my lap. "Thank you" he whispered intertwining our hands.

I shook my head at the thank you and just kissed the top of his head. He smiled and snuggled his back onto my chest again.

He started to do some of the work that was brought over by the boys. He's the only person I know that would be excited over having work to make up.

Sure I had the same work to make up but I don't want to and know I'll never get to it. I just watched as he breezed through it. He really is a genius.

After a while I knew I had to bring it up. It's as about 4pm and we would have to go soon. "Niall I love you" he paused for a second and looked up at me. I swear every time I say that I get massive butterfly's.

"I love you too... but what's wrong? I can tell something's wrong" he said in a matter of a fact way slowly looking back down at his work.

"Well... we have to go to the police station. We have to give in the report." He froze at that and just stared down at the paper obviously not focusing on it.

"I-I don't w-want to" he said quietly.

"I know. I know but I want him to be put away forever so they need your statement. Please Niall I'm begging you. Do this for us please" I lifted his head to look at me and his eyes were growing glossy.

"B-but I told y-you what he did t-to me Louis. H-how am I supposed t-to relive that and t-tell the cops?" He asked helplessly.

"I know niall but I don't want him on the streets again please. It'll be ok I promise." I tried to calm him but he started to grow more nervous.

He got up slowly backing away from me with a look of fear in his eyes. No no no no. "H-he'll k-kill me. He'll s-somehow get me and k-kill me. Why d-did I turn him i-in. Why did I have to c-change everything? I c-could handle i-it" He slowly backed against the wall sliding down against it.

Slowly he was convincing himself that everything would go wrong. I stood frozen almost. I didn't know what to do. The anxiety attack was growing even at the thought of being in the same room as his father again.

I walked over to him a little too fast with my arms raised to calm him "l-listen Niall it will be ok". I went to reach for him but I could tell him his eyes he wasn't seeing me but his father.

He looked at me in absolute fear and flinched away so hard his entire body slammed against the wall very hard.

He hid his face into his arms making himself as small as possible. He let out little pleads for me to not hurt him.

I looked at him with wide eyes. No no no I'm not going to hurt him! I slowly backed away getting down to his level.

This has to be one of the scariest things I've ever seen. He thinks I'm going to hurt him. How could his father hurt him when he looks so small and vulnerable!? "Niall it's me Louis I promise you I won't hurt you" I said slowly making sure I was far enough.

His face was buried into his arms as he waiting for impact. Like I was going to start hitting him. My eyes started to water. This is what is looked like when his disgusting father would hurt him. He peaked up a little bit and sighed in relief when he saw my worried face crouched down a few feet away from him.

"S-sorry Louis." He let out a breath of relief. "T-that happens s-sometimes. I-I cant get his p-picture out of m-my head." He said rubbing his face hard. He looked back up at me and studied my worried face. "I know you wouldn't hurt me" he said quietly yet confidently.

I sadly smiled at him sitting next to him against the wall while he regained himself. That was the first time I saw that happen. He really thought that his dad was here.

"How often does that happen?" I asked softly while he regained himself. He sighed shaking his head.

"Only when I'm overwhelmed. Lame I know" he said chuckling a little bit. It's definitely not funny.

"It's not lame. I'll keep reminding you that I am indeed louis tomlinson" I said a little lightheartedly. "Whenever you need". That came out more seriously.

We sat for a while Niall just staring off into the distance deep in thought. I sat and let him think it out. My heart was still beating fast.

After a while he spoke up- "I'll go" he said a little uncertain. I turned my body to gave him softly smiling.

"I-I want us to be able to live without t-that looming over us" he said quietly. I nodded my head in agreement taking him into a hug.

We sat there for a little before I got up helping him up. He winced a little at the pain in his stomach. I just looked at him sadly.

That mother fucker is going to rot in jail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellooooo guys

Sorry if this chapter was just a tiny bit boring I needed a filler to lead up to the next chapter!

I hope you guys still like this book lol

Please vote and comment!!!! Also follow me if you'd like. I like to talk to you guys in the convos :)

See you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 2.4K 115
Zayn Malik and Harry Styles, both members of the popular boyband One Direction, suffer from their own personal problems and are running from their pa...
8.7K 368 21
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. Two boys who have hopeless crushes on one another, despite never having a conversation. Their lives are far from pe...
1K 21 25
February 20 2020, Harper's life gets turned upside down. She feels like she lost everything. Almost a year after the accident she meets a boy. A boy...
57.2K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...