Picnic || jarchie

Від annspidersuit

COMPLETED Nobody calmed Jughead down like Archie Andrews. Because, Archie was treehouses and honey brown eyes... Більше

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen

nine

1.1K 36 31
Від annspidersuit

This is not following the plot of riverdale perfectly. this is my own take on it. :)

-

Juggie🤠❤

8:30 am

hi when r u gonna come pick me up??? 

9:05 am

archieeee did you sleep in again? road trip today remember!! :/

10:07 am

if you didn't wanna go u should have just told me. i shouldn't have to hear from ur dad that ur bailing on me arch

5:29 pm

pops tonight? i just wanna talk. not mad, promise

7:37 pm

atleast stop leaving me on read archie. what did i do?? we've been planning this trip for months. 4th of july was supposed to be our day.

9:53 pm

text me when you can, love u bud

-

The sunsets in riverdale belonged to Archie and Jughead. They were the soft black from the soon to be star scattered night mixing together with the reds and oranges of the bright day sky. Watching a sunset was supposed to remind Archie of his beanie wearing dorky best friend. It was the fourth of july. The bustling streets of riverdale had calmed down some, everyone now in their own world, cozying up together to watch the sky light up in every color. Archie didn't feel the warm peppy feeling you were supposed to feel today. Every fourth of July since they had met, Archie and Jughead would spend together. Sitting in Archie's treehouse, watching the loud pops of color from the window, curled up in blankets. It was the only day Dad let them sleep over in the tree house. It was special. Sacred, almost.

The fourth of the july was supposed to mean good things. Not this fourth of July though. Archie spent this forth of July at sweetwater river, skipping rocks and pretending that the tear tracks on his face were from the water splashing up. Archie couldn't bring himself to see him today and pretend everything was normal.

Now, as he sat in the treehouse, he stared out of the window. The childish excitement that was always there wasn't anymore. He couldn't be here with his best friend because he couldn't look at his best friend without wanting to pull his face in and kiss him all over and tell him that he was the brightest face in the room. Because you aren't supposed to feel like that about your best friend.

The fireworks popped loudly,    bursts of red and blue danced around the stars and reflected in Archie's brown eyes. He knew somewhere in riverdale Jughead jones was looking at the same fireworks, and maybe if he wasn't crazy, thinking about Archie the way he thinks about him.

-

Juggie🤠❤

11:48 am

i know you dont like me anymore but im sorry about jason i know you guys played together a lot.

5:57 pm

i hope you're doing okay

-

When the news broke out across town that Jason Blossom was missing, Riverdale went into chaos.

"Have you seen this boy?" They would ask on the streets. Summer was over in two weeks and nobody was excited to go back. Riverdale had turned eery, nobody went outside when the streetlights came out. Fingers were pointed at anyone who looked suspicious.

Archie still hasn't answered Jughead. He watches him from tables away at pop's. He types on his laptop without looking up. He takes off his beanie every so often to run a hand through his unkempt curls or rub his eyes. He drinks more coffee than a boy of his age and height should. Its creepy, Archie tells himself as he watches Jug order another small fry. The only people  Jughead will talk to these days are Kevin and Pop Tate.

Sometimes when Jughead talks to kevin he'll laugh the way he used to. A real Jughead laugh. One before his mom left, one before his best friend left him behind. It was a real genuine laugh, it was smiley, and warm, and it crinkled his eyes and made his cheeks flush a soft pink. It was the kind of nostalgia that reminded Archie of a simpler time. When Jug would read chapter books under the shade of the big oak tree with Betty, the white noise of the trampoline that Archie jumped on connecting them.

Betty. Betty Cooper was the only real friend he still had. As the summer continued he poured everything onto her. He would climb in through her window and she would listen to him talk about Jughead, about his smile, his laugh, the way he scrunched up his face while he typed, he'd read the texts Jug would send him to her in pure agony. He would sob into her shoulder, going on about how much he messed up, telling her how thankful he was for her. Betty Cooper was his rock. She was almost as bright as Jughead. Like a little sister, he wanted to make sure she was safe. Betty Cooper was home when Jughead couldn't be. He loved her so much.

-

Juggie🤠❤

3:50 am

i know this is late but i need your help

3:56  am

archie please. this is serious.

4:06 am

archie i think there's more to the jason blossom case. its been a week and half and we have nothing but cheryls alibi that she woke up one day and her brother wasn't in his bed.

4:10 am

i dont have a good feeling about this, arch.

-

It was two weeks on the dot after Jason blossom went missing that Jughead Jones and Kevin Keller went swimming in sweet water river.

They had been doing what any normal idiotic sophomore boys would do. it was the last two days of summer and it was nearing the record for the hottest days of the year in a normally 75°  town.

It wasnt until they trailed down river towards the shore that things went wrong.  The sandy shore of Sweet water river was the best part. If you closed your eyes with your feet in the sand, it almost felt like you were in california, on a 5 star beach. Like they weren't in the town with pep! in the middle of the USA.

Jughead and Kevin had only spent a few minutes there. They were sat on a rock on the shore. Jughead talked about Archie a lot, not that Kevin minded. He talked about his hair. His eyes. The way he bit his tongue when he was concentrated.

It wasn't until later, when the sun was slowly setting that they noticed something was washing up on the shore. It looked limp, like a dead animal. Kevin recalled from his own boy scout days that it could be a dead bear and if so they were to run and call his dad. Jughead had remembered laughing, telling him if it was bear he would fight it like a man. He got up to investigate, he turned his phone onto flashlight mode. It wasn't until he got close up and saw  a head of red hair and pale sickly white skin he realized that Jason Blossom was washed up on the shore.

-

Juggie🤠❤

10:12 pm

archie please talk to me

10:15 pm

archie theres something about Jason's body that i didn't tell anyone about

10:20 pm

jason blossom didnt drown. There was a gunshot wound on his forehead.

10:21 pm

meet me at pops in 5.

-

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

KALBE SAPLANAN OK Від Ebru

Підліткова література

16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
Riptide Від ScobellTheSlytherin

Підліткова література

300K 7.4K 107
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
61.1K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
127K 5.5K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...