Ruining The Life Of A Jerk. (...

shelbsters15

Sophie Green, used to be a nerd. Until Zack Daniel changed her life with one little bet. Zack Daniel didn't m... Еще

Ruining The Life Of The Jerk. (Sequel To A Nerds Romance)
Time For Plan 'B'
Jealous Friends.
Zack Gets To Sophie.
Zack Is Going To Try To Get A Job? With Me?
The Baby's Coming!
Arguments In The Hospital.
He means it.
Gabe Interrupts.
Sticking Up For Zack?
The Baby.
A Time For Firsts.
He Misses Me?
First.
In Trouble
School Bus.
Sleepover.
In Detention.
Accident.
Help.
Torn.
Called To The Principle's Office.
The Game Begins.
End Of The Treasure Hunt.
The Plan, Part One.
The Plan, Part Two.
Forgive Me.
Wedding.
Author's Notes. Thank You. :)

My Talk With Zack.

104K 3.6K 803
shelbsters15

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heeeey! :D

What's up? ;)

Thank ya'll so much for voting and commenting! :D

You all are so awesome!

But, pleeeeeeeaaaassssee continue voting!!!

Pleeeeeaaase comment!

VOTE

COMMENT

By the way, this chapter is dedicated to tiffluvxoxo for her awesomeness and for her voting and commenting. Thank you! You rock!

That is all. :)

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Seven~

~Sophie's P.O.V.~

Other then telling him where the hospital is, It's an uncomfortable silence while we're on the way to the hospital. The hospital is forty minutes away, because Matt lives in a different town.

Why couldn't Gabe just answer his stupid phone? Then I wouldn't have to be in the car with the guy I hate the most.

"Sophie?"

I ignore him and look out the window.

"Of course you're going to ignore me." I hear him mumble then sigh.

I cross my arms and watch the trees pass by.

We pass a playground where kids are playing. I remember being that young. Playing with Gabe and Monica.

"Sophie, when are you just going to let that go? I'm sorry I made that bet. I-"

"Just shut it, Zack." I interrupt him. "I don't want to hear your lies."

I don't want to argue. I just want to get to the hospital! This is one of the reasons why I didn't want to go with him.

"I'm not lying." He says, his voice growing louder. "I admit, I was lying before, and I was just playing with you. But, I'm not now. Why can't you give it up?"

I look at him and give him a blank stare. "Because you lied to me. Because you played me. I don't trust you at all. You hurt me an-"

"Oh don't give me that! I'm tired of that 'You hurt me and I'll never forgive you!' junk." Zack says, making his voice whiny. "I don't know how many times you've said that, but I'm sick of it. You just want attention. You're not mad, you just want people to feel sorry for you. Give. It. Up."

I gape at him. "That is not true."

He laughs bitterly. "Yes it is, and you know it."

My heart pounds in my chest and I feel my hands grip into fists and my nails digging into the palms of my hands.

Breathe, Sophie. Don't let him get to you.

"Here I am being nice to you, taking you to the hospital, and trying to ask for your forgiveness and you're acting this way." He bangs his hand against the steering wheel and I shut my eyes closed. "What do I have to do? What do you want from me?"

My eyes snap open to his tense face and I grit my teeth together. "Nothing." I whisper, harshly. "Nothing. I want you to leave me alone. Do you understand me? A. L. O.N-"

"I can't do that, Sophie! " He snaps.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. You like me. Don't you?" I say, sarcastically, glaring at the side of his head.

When are we getting to this hospital?

We stop at a red light and Zack turns in his chair to face me and his face softens. "I did not lie about that." His face turns a light shade of red. "I-I-"

He gets interrupted by a car honking the horn at us and we both jump.

The light turned green.

He sighs deeply and we start moving again.

It's quiet again...A strange quiet. You can feel...I don't know. I guess tension in the air. I look over at his face and strange emotions are crossing it. His eyes are narrowed at the street in front of us and he's biting his bottom lip.

"I can feel you staring at me."

I jump slightly and feel heat travel up to my neck and onto my face. "I-I wasn't staring at you.." I quickly turn away from him.

Zack chuckles quietly. "Of course you weren't."

A little smile touches my lips and I take a peek over at Zack to see him, have a little smile on his mouth.

Maybe...He's just not that bad.....

***

We talked a little more on the way to the hospital. Nothing about the bet or about the past, just school and stuff.

I learned that Zack wants to be a RN. I laughed. I can't picture Zack as a nurse.

I told him how I wanted to be a lawyer and he told me that he already knew that....He said that I looked like a lawyer.

He is really nice when he isn't a jerk.

"So, um. Thanks for the ride." I say with a smile when we arive.

"You think I'm leaving?" He asks. "I'm not driving home now."

I furrow my eyebrows together. "Why would you want to do that? It's not going to be late if you leave now."

He shrugs and smiles a half smile. "I...Just do."

"O...Kay. Whatever"

I take my phone out and send a quick text to my Mom, telling her that I'm here and asking her which room Layla, Matt's wife, is in.

To: Sophie.

From: Mom.

'Okay, good, and We're in room 374. see u in a little bit.'

I stuff my phone in my back pocket and pull the door handle and I look at him. "Okay, we can go now." I pause. "But, uh. I should warn you about my family...."

Zack cocks his head top the side and raises his eyebrows. "Why?"

I smile shyly. "You'll see."

***

"My Baby!" Matt runs, yes runs, to me when we enter the waiting room, and picks me up. "Sophie, I love you! Will you marry me?"

He swings me around in a circle, while crushing me against his body.

"Matt." I barely breath out.

"Was that a yes?" He yells, and continues swinging me around. "Please except me!"

"Matthew, put her down right now! We're in a public place!"

"Charlotte, leave them alone. They're not hurting anything."

Matt laughs loudly and throws me in the air.

I suck in a breath, since I can breath, and scream. "Matt! Stop it!"

He throws me in the air again and ignores my pleas.

"Mark, can't you see that they're embarrassing themselves?" My Mom says.

Matt, smirks and puts me down. "Fine, I'll stop." He flips his blond hair out of his face and looks down at me.Matt's like, a foot taller then I am. He's always made fun of me because of how short I am. "How's my short stuff doing?"

I smile and hug him tightly. "I'm perfect, How's my big brother doing?"

He wraps his arms around me and hugs me back. "Nervous. Really nervous."

I take a step back. "How's Layla?"

He runs his hand through his hair. "She's scared. The baby is too early too come, and we're trying to hold off the birth for as long as possible." His eyes flick over to, Zack, who's just standing there with his hands in his pocket.

He was so quiet, I almost forgot about him.

"Who's he?" Matt asks, his voice getting a hard edge to it.

I grab Zack's arm and pull him in front of me. "This is Zack. He goes to school with me."

Zack clears his throat and nods his head at Matt. "Hey."

Matt raises an eyebrow. "Hey." His eyes flicker back and forth between Zack and I, then settle on me. "Are you two dating?"

My eyes widen. "No." I feel a blush on my cheeks. "No, we're not even close to dating."

"Oh, is he that boy that you told me about?" Mom asks, with a huge smile invading her face.

Dad looks up from his magazine that he was reading. "What boy?"

"I, uh-"

"Are you lying to me, Sophie?" Matt asks.

Mom stands up from the couch and moves closer to Zack. "Oh, he is a cute one!" She lays her hand on his shoulder. "You two make a beautiful couple!"

"What boy?" Dad asks louder. "Who is he?"

Oh boy.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Bad Boy and The Tomboy nicole nwosu

Подростковая литература

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...