Undertale Fallen Determinatio...

CobaltGemini

What happens when the Fallen Child is not the one to take their life to pass the barrier? After the death of... Еще

Chapter 1: The Encounter
Chapter 3: The Talk
Chapter 4: First Lessons
Chapter 5: A Pie Plan
Chapter 6: Sneaking into Gaster's Room
Chapter 7: Magic Surge
Chapter 8: The Clearing
Chapter 9: Chara's Secret
Chapter 10: Gaster's Secret
Chapter 11: New Friends
Chapter 12: Echo Flowers
Chapter 13: Music
Chapter 14: Scare Bet
Chapter 15: Ghost Date
Chapter 16: Skull Blasters
Chapter 17: The Proposal
Chapter 18: The First Human
Chapter 19: Chat with an Old Friend
Chapter 20: The Incident
Chapter 21: The Fall
Chapter 22: Frisk
Chapter 23: Battle with Undyne
Chapter 24: Gaster vs. Undyne
Chapter 25: Reset (Final Chapter)

Chapter 2: Recent Memories

94 7 0
CobaltGemini

"Asriel, are you going to be okay?" I asked, very worried. We were in our bedroom, where I sat next to my sick brother's bed.

He was a boss monster, the most powerful kind of monster, and yet he still wasn't immune to getting poisoned.

For whatever reason, boss monsters were like humanoid goats, with white fur, droopy ears, small tails, and fangs. They usually also grew to be really tall, but Asriel was only twelve (which was two years older than me), just barely not old enough to get his growth spurt (currently standing at four foot eleven), or to grow his horns. He had yellow-gold eyes, and wore a green sweater with yellow stripes (similar to mine), blue short jeans. He was shoeless, like he and our parents always were.

Asriel coughed, then looked at me. "I don't know," he said weakly, "but... this is what we wanted to do right."

"But I-I changed my mind," I started crying, "I r-realized it wasn't worth it. Why... why did you do it?"

"We could be heroes. Free the monsters from the Underground. All you have to do is take my soul."

A human soul could persist presumably forever after death, and a monster could absorb the soul after that, becoming more powerful. But a monster soul wasn't as powerful as a human soul, so they would shatter upon death. However, a boss monster soul could last for at least a few seconds before shattering.

With the combined power of a monster soul and a human soul, we could pass through the Barrier that kept the monsters trapped in the Underground, and with seven human souls, we could break it. That is what our plan was, one of us eats poisonous flowers, dies, and then the other absorbs their soul, and leaves to get more souls to break the Barrier.

I was the one who was supposed to eat the flowers, but... after taking some time to think, I decided that I didn't want to lose what I already had. My new family, a happy life. Maybe it was selfish, but I loved my family, and didn't want to lose them. But, Asriel... who was convinced we could become the heroes of the Underground... he ate them instead.

And as such, he got sick.

Asriel's health continued to get worse. And I continued to get more and more worried about my brother. I stayed at his bedside while my parents tried their hardest to help him.

After a while, Asriel told me, "Chara, you were right..." he coughed. "I don't want to go... but I- I don't..."

I started crying after he said that. "I don't want you to go either. Asriel, pl-please..."

He grabbed my arm. "Chara, we have to do this. We don't have a choice now. We can't waste this chance."

"Asriel, no, please..."

He closed his eyes. "I-I'm sorry, Chara."

The next day... Asriel died.

I was next to his bed when it happened. I watched as he closed eyes for the last time, and then turn to dust right in front of me.

Only one thing remained was his soul, a white, upside-down heart, just like any other monster's soul. I was supposed to absorb it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it...

And then it shattered... It was too late.

Later in the day, me and my adoptive parents were in the throne room, standing in front of the throne. The two boss monsters were holding the dust of their son.

My mom, Toriel, was six feet tall with small horns and dark red eyes. She wore a long purple dress with white sleeves and the Delta Rune on the front, which was a winged circle with three triangles underneath (two on the sides pointing up, one below the middle pointing down).

My dad, Asgore, was even taller than my mom, standing at seven feet with a broad frame, with large curved horns, a golden beard, and the same yellow-gold eyes as his son's. He was wearing his gold armor, with a purple cape and golden shoulder plates connected by the winged-circle of the Delta Rune on top, and his gold crown on his head.

In front of the throne was a single golden flower. A Buttercup, which was both my and Asriel's favorite flower. Somehow, some of the seeds stuck to me before I fell into the Underground. Asgore was able to use them to grow these golden beauties around the house.

As monster tradition goes, funerals were held by spreading the monster's dust over their favorite thing. In this case, a flower that Asriel and I had loved for its beauty, and symbol of hope, something from the surface.

...But it was also the same kind of flower Asriel ate to poison himself, the very ones I was supposed to eat.

"Asriel, it was too soon," Toriel said.

"What are we going to tell the kingdom?" Asgore asked.

Me and Asriel were the hope of the Underground (even though most monsters never have even seen me). The monsters hadn't been informed of his death yet, but it had to happen at some point.

I just stood there, staring at the flower, crying. Eventually, I couldn't handle the guilt anymore.

"Mom, dad, I-I need to tell you something," I said, sobbing.

"Chara?" Toriel asked, "is this about Asriel? What's wrong?"

I nodded. "Remember when Asriel and I tried making that pie, but we mistook cups of butter with the flower, and dad got really sick...?"

I told everything. Our plan to escape the Underground and collect more souls to break the Barrier. Me changing my mind and Asriel taking up the task instead, despite my not wanting him to.

When I was done, I broke down crying. "It's my fault. He's dead because of me."

Toriel was in shock, and soon knelt down and comforted me. She was quiet for a minute, until she said, "it's not your fault Chara. You were thinking of the good of us all. These are hard choices to make, a lot of responsibility. Too much for a child. You made the right decision, not eating those flowers. I wish Asriel had seen it the same way."

Asgore was quiet, contemplating something. Then he spoke, "maybe they were right, Toriel."

"Asgore?"

"Our children were supposed to be the hope of the Underground, but what can they do on their own? I know they tried but... it wasn't worth it. We need to take action ourselves, not leave it to children."

Asgore knelt down, his hand hovering over the flower. "We need to begin gathering human souls. Once we have enough, we can break the barrier, and return to the surface."

"And do you think the humans will take that kindly? Killing their own. We all know what happened the last time, the war. Can we really go through something like that again!?"

I got up and stepped back. "Gathering human souls? L-like mine?"

Asgore turned his attention to me. "Chara, listen-"

"No! I thought you were my family! I- I thought-" I stopped when I realized, their son died for me, because of me. I practically killed him...

I killed their only son. Why would they want someone like me as their daughter?

Without hesitation, I ran. I ran out of the throne room, from my father, one whom I had betrayed, and no longer wanted me. "CHARA!" He called out, but I didn't look back.

I just kept running. Running out of a home that didn't want me, running out of New Home. I kept running, not looking back.

And as I ran, I sobbed, and my thoughts just kept racing. You killed your brother. You screwed up your one chance to have a real family. They don't want you, a murderer. You're horrible! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EXIST!

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

I woke up in a cold sweat. The dream was so real, I thought...

Then I remembered, that all happened. It was so recent, so fresh in my mind, yet it felt so unreal...

How could I have let this happen?

"So you're awake", spoke a familiar voice. I looked over, finding Wingding leaning against the wall.

I remembered, Semi brought me here, to his house, and told me to rest. He lent me his guest room so I could get some sleep.

"Did you want something?" I asked the young skeleton.

"Oh, not me," he replied, "but my father... he wishes to speak with you."

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Author's Note: So, Chara was dreaming about her past that just happened, giving more details on what happened between her and her brother, Asriel, and why she is in the situation she is in now.

So this is different from the main story of Undertale, where Chara did poison herself (himself, themselves, depending on what gender you consider Chara to be, but I consider her to be a girl, so she will be in this story), Asriel did absorb her soul, and they did make it to the Surface, and well, if you know the story of Undertale, well you know how well that went.

But now what is going to happen now? Asgore still is going to start collecting human souls (which, by the way, I'm not fully sure I could've written that very well. I'd love to be disproven, but I'm not sure), and now Chara is in hiding. What happens next?

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

137 0 12
Her determination was strong, so the choice was in her hands. When Candie and Aya fall into Mount Ebott, it's up to Candie to choose their fate. But...
24.8K 656 39
{ Chara and Frisk are girls in this story} Gaster attempts to save Frisk and Chara during the fight with The God of Hyperdeath and bring them to safe...
3K 47 17
Hatred is like an infection, if left to fester it only spreads and becomes worse, until there is little to no hope of return. Frisk had abandoned her...
904 26 24
This is the first book of the Undertale fanfic. Ai is an unusual child not only because he has magic, but he has a soul with no ancestor. When he fel...