resurrect | h.s

Von ulookuglytodaysis

(Completed!) I swore I saw him, standing there in the darkness. But it couldn't be him, he was gone. He was... Mehr

Authors Note
part one
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
update!
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
party thirty seven
part thirty eight
hi
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
BLM.
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two: the attack
part fifty three
part fifty four
part fifty five
part fifty six
part fifty seven
part fifty eight
part fifty nine: the delivery
part sixty: Daisy Styles
Epilogue
Trepidation !!

part forty two

3.7K 105 110
Von ulookuglytodaysis

Lydia White

1 month later.

It hasn't been easy.

Moving on from Liam's death, and trying to go on with our lives while we knew we were in danger...it was hard.

Eliza and Elijah stayed with us up until last week. She couldn't be alone after losing Liam, and it was totally understandable.

It brought all of us closer. We're all this tight circle of friends now, and we all really care about eachother a lot. We figured that it's the only way to proceed after losing someone so dear to us.

I'm in my third trimester, over 8 months along. My stomach is huge. Every single task has become extremely difficult, so Harry has been helping me out a lot.

He's so excited about Daisy, but he's also extremely nervous. He doesn't want his daughter to be a target just because of who he is.

Our lives are going to change completely and I don't know how ready we are for that to happen.

One step in this whole adjustment process is telling my parents that I'm pregnant.

I haven't seen my mom since Harry's birthday, and I haven't seen my dad since mine.

It's safe to say they'll be shocked by my fucking gigantic stomach.

That's where Harry and I were headed, to their house.

He had his hand on my thigh as we drove through the streets. I was wearing one of Harry's really big hoodies, so my stomach wasn't so obvious.

We pull into their neighborhood after a little bit of driving. They knew we were coming over but they had no idea what I was about to tell them.

Harry stops the car in the driveway. I take a deep breath and look down at my belly.

Harry grabs my hand and squeezes it. "It's gonna be okay."

"I'm really nervous." I say.

"They love you, they should be happy for you." he says, unbuckling his seatbelt.

I do the same and quite literally waddle my way out of the car. Harry takes my hand in his and we walk to the front door.

I hesitantly knock, knowing there wasn't any turning back now.

My mom answers the door, her hair styled into a low bun. She immediately welcomes both of us with a smile.

I didn't hug her, because she'd feel my stomach through the hoodie.

We exchange polite hellos, then walk inside.

My dad was waiting behind my mom. He was stood with his hands behind his back.

"How's my girl?" he asks me.

"I'm good, dad." I say in response.

"Hi, Mr. White." Harry says, trying to make his presence less awkward.

My dad nods in acknowledgment. I try to hide my frustration over the fact that my dad still hasn't accepted Harry.

He used to love him, but since he disappeared my dad has been acting weird and doesn't go out of his way to see Harry.

It's been over 8 months. He needs to get over it.

"Come, sit. Make yourself at home." my mom steps aside so we can head into the living room. I lead the way with Harry following.

"How have you two been holding up?" she asks, sitting down with my dad on the couch across from Harry and I.

I glance over at Harry who was sitting leaned over his knees.

"Uh...we've been good."

"I'm happy to hear that." she says.

You could cut the tension in here with a knife. My father and Harry were basically refusing to look at eachother.

I look over at my mom, who seemed to tap into what I was feeling. She realized that the atmosphere between them was tense and awkward.

"Harry," she says, making him look up at her. "why don't you come help me finish up dinner."

Harry looks at me before hesitantly standing up. "Erm...sure." he says.

I look to my father as Harry and my mom leave the living room.

"Dad, can I talk to you?" I ask. He nods and stands up.

I decide to talk in my room because it was completely private.

I sit down on my bed and he sits next to me. I look down at the floor as I try to formulate exactly what I want to say.

"I know you want me to be your little girl forever." I start, turning my head to look him in the eye. "But dad, I'm not. I can make decisions for myself."

"Sweetheart, I know. I just-"

"Wait, please." I cut him off. "Just let me get my point across."

I stand up so that I was in front of him and i'm the middle of my room.

"You're my father, and I love you. I appreciate everything that you've ever done for me. But you need to realize that I've fallen for someone. That man downstairs is the absolute love of my life. He's risked his life for me."

My dad sighs and looks at the floor.

"Dad, you need to open your heart to him again. He loves me, I know it."

"How? How, Lydia? What makes you so sure? He left you for a year."

"You're not around everyday to see what he's like with me. He would do anything for me, dad. Anything."

"People who love you dont just disappear like he did."

"Dad you don't get it!" I throw my hands up in frustration, raising my voice.

"What don't I get? How do you know he loves you?"

"Because we're having a baby!"

I slap my hand over my mouth, realizing what I had just blurted out.

My dad's face falls. He turns as pale as a ghost.

"What did you just say?" he says, completely monotone, but I knew the anger inside of him was rising.

"D-dad, I-"

"Are you pregnant." he questions, standing up tall above me now.

He looked furious, like he was about to explode.

I look up at him. I can feel my face burning red.

"Lydia." he pushes.

"Y-yes." I say, my voice just at whisper level.

He sucks in a sharp breath through his nose before storming past me and out of the room.

"You son of a bitch!" he shouts, running down the stairs and back into the kitchen where Harry and my mom were.

"Dad stop!" I scream while quickly trying to catch up to him. I knew he was going straight for Harry.

I make it into the kitchen right before my dad grabs Harry and pins him against the wall.

My mom yells. "Cory, stop it!"

My dad was going feral, absolutely infuriated over the fact that Harry had gotten me pregnant. 

"You thought you could show up back in my daughter's life and get her pregnant?" my dad yells in Harry's face as he has him held against the wall. Harry doesn't fight back, he just takes everything my dad was doing.

"Dad please stop." I cry out, seeing my father punch Harry in the gut, causing him to double over and cough.

My mom grabs me and pulls me into her, hugging me tightly.

Something I didn't expect, was that she put her hand on my belly, almost as a way of comfort.

"Cory, let him go." my mom says sternly.

My dad, heaving with angry pants, lets Harry drop to the ground, trying to catch his breath.

I run out of my moms hug and over to Harry.

I put my hand on his back and lift his head up by his chin to look at me. "Are you okay?" I ask, worried.

He manages to get a nod out.

"Dad, why would you do this!"

"He got you pregnant!"

"When did this happen, Lydia?" my mom asks, keeping her voice as calm as possible.

"Eight months ago. Back in October."

My mom sighs and looks down. My dad just rubs his temples and paces around the kitchen.

"Why didn't you say anything." she questions.

"Because. I wasn't ready. I was scared. But now I know that this is what I want." I explain.

My dad steps in. "I think you should leave so your mom and I can discuss this."

I glare at him. "Don't worry. We are."

With that, I help Harry up and don't give my parents a second glance.

We walk outside and he leans against the car, clutching his stomach.

I open the car door and reach over to the cup holders where there was a bottle of water.

"Here." I say, handing it to him and rubbing his back with my hand.

He takes a swig from the water bottle and swallows it, then repeats.

"Baby, I'm so sorry."

I felt so guilty. I expected that to go way better than the way it did.

"It's not your fault." he says, taking deep breaths and closing his eyes while letting the wind breeze through his hair.

"Are you okay?"

He nods. "Mhm." he mumbles. "Let's just go." he says while opening the car door and getting inside.

I furrow my brows but walk over to my side, getting in as well.

"Are you sure? I mean it's okay if you're not."

He pauses for a second, then looks at me, his lips slowly curling upward and his dimple popping.

"I have an idea. Just go with it. Don't ask any questions." he says, putting the car in drive.

"What-"

"I said no questions, baby. Trust me."

I sit back in the seat and look at the smug smirk on his face. I had no clue what he had in mind, but I did trust him.

It was a decently long drive. Maybe thirty minutes.

It was nearing 7 at night, and I still had no idea what was going on.

Harry pulls into a grassy area that was surrounded by trees.

I immediately recognized it.

It was the beach. His beach.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

The last time I was here was right after the attack, when I thought I lost him forever.

"You'll see." he says with a smirk.

I tilt my head, just wanting to know what was going on.

He gets out of the car and walks over to my side, helping me out. He stand behind me and grabs both of my hands, helping me walk over the marshy earth beneath my sneaker covered feet.

We make it out of the forested path, and on to the sandy beach.

The sun was setting. The sky was a beautiful pinkish purple color, tinting the clouds as the sun slowly disappeared.

"Did you take us here to watch the sunset?" I ask with a smile. The sunset was so significant for us.

He stands behind me as I look up at the sky. "Something like that." he says.

I let the evening breeze blow my hair out of my face. It was a nice cool down after everything that just happened. 

He comes up behind me so that our bodies were touching.

"Do you remember the voicemail? I talked about how this place was where I'd want to go if I die?" he asks, making my stomach twist slightly because it hurt to think about.

"I do."

"Well, I've been thinking a lot. This place is my escape, that's why I shared it with you. But I've come to realize that you're literally the embodiment of everything this place means to
me. It's like this beach was a metaphor for you." he says.

He walks in front of me, hands behind his back. His hair was blowing in the cool, tender breeze. His face was glowing in the sunset.

All that could be heard was the sound of the slowly running water in the lake ahead.

I look up at him, seeing his eyes twinkle. "I love you." I mumble. It's the only thing I could muster up after what he just said.

"I love you, too." he smirks.

He looks down at my hand. "Do you remember what happened the last time we were here together?"

I glance down at my hand as well, bringing it up between us.

"You gave me this ring. A promise ring." I respond, looking down at the dainty pink diamond sitting upon my ring finger.

"I said I'd promise to love you forever. And I still mean that. To this day. You know that right?"

I look up into his eyes. "Of course I know that."

I never doubted it.

Something about this made me nervous. He gave me this ring before he thought he was going to die.

I cant help but think...is there something he's not telling me?

"Harry what's going on?" I ask with slight worry.

"Listen," he sighs.

"I don't know what's in store for the future..." he says, then moves his hands around behind him, like he was digging into his pocket.

"But I do know that I want to do it all with you."

And then, I watch him as he crouches down...

...getting down on one knee.

In his hands, a navy blue box with a silver ring.

I cup my hands over my mouth, in utter shock.

"Lydia White, you've been my everything since the day I met you. You've changed me and made me into a better person, a person I actually want to be. I love you more than words will even begin to describe. I love you, forever." he says.

Tears of absolute joy were running down my face as I look down at the man of my dreams in front of me.

"You were a gift sent to me. A gift that I didn't deserve." he continues,

"So, baby. Will you marry me?"

I bite my quivering lip and crash to the sandy ground in front of him. I nod because I couldn't get the words out.

I suck in a sob and smile with happiness. "Yes. Yes I'll marry you." I say through happy cries.

His eyes begin to well up and his lips curl into a smile.

He takes the ring out of the box and slides it onto my ring finger, sitting above the promise ring.

I sniff and look at the silver band representing our love.

He pulls me into his body and wraps his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.

We had set it in stone. We were bound to eachother forever.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

//
AAAAH THEY DID IT

bet y'all weren't expecting that one, huh.

i love you so much.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

15K 297 54
"You sure?" Niall checked. "I'm sure," I confirmed. And in no time at all, the two of us had become almost part of each other in a way. We were lost...
678K 14.7K 74
-completed- His breath tampered on my neck as he backed me into a corner. "Look at me." he demands in a disturbingly-menacingly-calm tone. I couldn'...
235 30 25
It started with one unsolved murder. Then two. Three, four... Now their group is bigger than the American mafia. Perceiving a dark family secret in...
21.3K 377 69
ECSASY: An overwhelming fear of joy or happiness - "Tell me you hate me", he says. "I hate you", I say it, over and over and over again. "I hate you...