Human (MCU AU) (SLOW UPDATES)

By other_keener

Loki Odinson used to be a big threat to the Avengers. After the 2012 attack, it seemed like he was going to b... More

Headcanons/Introduction
Chapter 1 - Backstory

Chapter 2 - Typical Tuesday

322 10 1
By other_keener

Loki was awoken by the loud sound of her alarm clock going off. She mumbled something to herself about mornings and pushed herself up and out of bed, turning the alarm clock off. It had been about two years since she had arrived at the Avengers Compound, and she had been living there ever since. Unfortunately, that meant that Vision had been pretty much babysitting her ever since. She had grown used to it by now, so when he phased through the wall as he did every morning, her only reaction was to toss a book at him and tell him to get out. He took the book and complied, leaving the room again and returning to his own. 

Loki went through her typical morning routine, starting off with brushing her teeth and throwing some water on her face to help wake her up. Of course, it was warm water, seeing as she couldn't feel cold water- Frost Giant issues, man. She dried her face off and glanced at herself in the mirror for a moment. She ignored how she looked, instead opting to run a hand through her hair a few times to attempt to tame it.

"You do know you can use a hairbrush, right?" Vision's voice asked. Loki rolled her eyes, glancing at the android who was half-phased through the wall.

"I'm aware." She said. "Now get out of the bathroom." Vision did as he was told, leaving the room. Loki grabbed a hairbrush that was sitting on the counter, brushing it through her hair several times, getting what knots were in the wavy mess. Her hair was naturally slightly curly, but due to how often she brushed it out, it was wavier than curly or straight. She thought about it for a moment before braiding a smaller section of it, tucking it behind her ear with the rest of her hair. It wasn't much, but she liked it. 

After she left the bathroom, she went back to her bedroom and went over to her closet, rifling through it for a moment before pulling out a random science pun shirt (courtesy of Peter), a green winter coat, and jeans. She put the outfit on, also pulling some boots on. She often wore the winter coat, even though she couldn't physically get cold, and it was only October. She walked over to the mirror she had, which was sitting on her desk, and debated putting on any makeup. She eventually decided to, going with a subtle green look, because it's still Loki, after all. 

"Reindeer Games!" Tony's voice called from somewhere in the compound. "Get out here already!" Loki rolled her eyes and left her room, closing the door behind her. She walked out into the kitchen, grabbing a mug that Peter had made her and getting some coffee. She wasn't necessarily a coffee person, but she didn't feel like making tea just for her to drink it. Especially because Tony always complained that she had to have tea. She took a sip of it as she walked out into the dining room. A fair amount of people were still missing, but they were probably still getting ready. Tony glanced up from whatever it was he was doing- which seemed to be some sort of blueprints- and glanced Loki up and down.

"Why do you wear that damned coat all the time?" He questioned. Loki shrugged.

"I like it." She replied, leaning against the counter behind her. Tony rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. Pete's still not out- care to go get him? I would, but I need to work on this." Loki nodded a little.

"Sure, I'll go get him." She said, walking off. She navigated her way through the compound, which was unnecessarily large, quickly making it to Peter's room. She knocked on the door three times, which was the way she let Peter know it was her. 

"Uh- one second?" Peter's voice said. It sounded more like a question than it did a statement. Loki smiled a little to herself.

"Did you get stuck in your binder again, Spiderling?" 

"No!" There was a pause. "...Okay, yes..." Loki nodded a bit, carefully opening the door. She placed her cup down on his desk, closing the door behind her and walking over to his bed, where he was sitting, helping him pull the binder back on fully. 

"You know you shouldn't put that thing on when you're wet, Peter." She said. Peter gave her a slightly awkward smile. 

"I know, I know. I'm working on not doing it- I swear." He said. Loki nodded, glancing around the room. 

"Your room is an absolute mess, Spiderling," She began, looking at the various piles of clothes strewn around the room, as well as papers and various other belongings. "How do you find anything in here?" Peter sheepishly smiled at her, rifling through one of his drawers. 

"There's a method to my mess, Miss Loki!" Peter insisted, pulling out something. Loki glanced over to see what it was. 

"Oh, you need to take your t-shot already? I can get an outfit for you while you do so, if you want. It'll get Tony off my back sooner." Peter smiled and nodded.

"That would be great! Thank you, Miss Loki." He said. She nodded, walking over to his wardrobe and rifling through it for a minute or two. 

"Is your school typically cold?" She questioned, not looking over at him as she looked through his clothes.

"Uh, it has been getting colder recently, yeah!" He said. Loki nodded to herself, pulling out a flannel he had and a green sweater. She folded them over her arm, crouching down in the wardrobe and continuing to search through it. She pulled out a pair of jeans for him as well, finding a pair of science socks and standing back up. She set the outfit down on his bed. 

"I hope it's a good outfit. I'll see you out at breakfast and let Mister Metal know you're on your way." Loki said, shooting him a quick smile as she grabbed her mug and left the room again. "The Spiderling needs to get dressed and then he'll be out." She said to Tony, who nodded slightly, not looking up from what he was doing. Loki just rolled her eyes and took a sip of her coffee again, leaning against the counter as she had done previously. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and looked down to see Wanda. She smiled.

"Hi, Darling." She hummed, setting the mug down. Wanda smiled as well, giving the taller a quick smooch. 

"Goodmorning, Bookworm," She replied. Loki chuckled a bit at the nickname. 

"Today's our day to take Peter to school,  by the way." Wanda nodded and let go of Loki, walking off somewhere. Loki sat down at the table next to Natasha, where she always sat, taking another sip of her coffee. It was a calm day- which was good. No Steve today, meaning that Tony would hopefully be less bitchy, but who knows? That man was always full of surprises. 

Peter eventually came out and took his seat next to Pietro, making a bit of small talk with the older twin. Breakfast was served, and then it was time to take Peter to school. Loki wasn't legally allowed to drive- not that she even knew how- so Wanda was the designated driver. They took him to school, which was a fair drive, but then again, they were up early, so it didn't really bother them. They let him off at the school, watching him meet up with MJ and Ned and go into the school, then going back to the compound. 

-------------------------------------

It was about 7 at night by now. They had already had dinner and such, and now the Avengers that were there were going to do for the night. Since it was a Tuesday, they were going to hang out together, which was always nice. Peter and Loki were currently sitting on the floor together, Peter doing the best he could to apply black nail polish to Loki's nails. 

"Couldn't you have just gotten Wanda to use her magic to do this, Miss Loki?" Peter asked, glancing up at the other as he brushed on the polish. Loki half-shrugged, not wanting to move her hand too much.

"Probably. But, it's more fun this way." She said, smiling at him. He smiled back, nodding a bit and continuing to apply the nail polish. Eventually, Natasha entered the room, emerging from the conversation she had been having with the others.

"We've decided on Movie Night," She began. "Because I don't think this team can handle another Monopoly night." 

"If that isn't the truth, I don't know what is," Loki mumbled to herself, earning a giggle out of Peter, who quickly covered his mouth so that Natasha didn't hear it. Nat just smiled. 

"Everyone else will be out in a few minutes. I'm picking the first movie, so I hope you all like the things I do." She said, sitting down on the sofa. After a minute or two, the others came into the room, sitting down in various places. Peter put the nail polish away and got up, leaving to his room and coming back with a few pillows and blankets, tossing the blankets at various people before settling down next to Loki on the floor, sharing his blanket and pillows with her. 

Natasha decided on the first movie- some sort of action one that Loki couldn't be bothered to remember the name of- and then the others picked. Tony picked after Natasha, then Peter did (to make sure he wouldn't fall asleep before his turn), then Sam, then Wanda and Pietro (their pick was always a joined one, mainly because Pietro never cared enough to actually pick), then Clint (who was visiting for the night), then Loki, and then Vision.

By the time all the movies were over, it was well past time for people to go to bed, and Peter had fallen asleep in Loki's lap, curled up in the blanket like a child. Loki had allowed it to happen when he first started signs of sleepiness, mindlessly running her hands through his hair. He was definitely like a younger brother to her- he was so precious that she felt the need to protect him, even if he could take care of himself. She eventually helped Vision take all the asleep Avengers back to their rooms, the ones who were still awake leaving to their rooms on their own. 

Once everyone was finally in their rooms, Loki changed into what she wore to bed every other night. The shirt portion of the outfit was too big for her, ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶T̶h̶o̶r̶'̶s̶, but she didn't really care. She grabbed a book off her shelf and sat on her bed, flipping through the old book she had stolen from the Royal Library, eventually deciding to read the chapter about mermaids. Of course, that's not what they were called in the books or on Asgard, but it's what humans referred to them as. She read through the book for a while before there was a knock on her wall. Vision.

"Come in, Android." She spoke calmly, looking up from the book. Vision phased through the wall and settled on the bed across from her. He was wearing human clothes, which he did often. Loki gave him a small smile, placing a bookmark in her book and setting it to the side. "Is there something you needed?"

"I noticed you were still awake," He began. "And I was wondering if there was any reason for that? You've been here for nearly two years, Loki, and you still refuse to sleep until you practically pass out from exhaustion." Loki shrugged.

"I don't enjoy sleeping. And, even if I were to sleep, I wake up easily. There's no point in trying to do something you fail at... is there?" Vision sighed.

"In this situation, there is a point in it. I'm no expert on your species, Loki, but I do know that most humanoid creatures require sleep to survive. Unless they're made of machines, as I am." He said. She just shrugged a little again.

"I do require sleep to live, yes," She said, stretching slightly. "But I don't care for it." She slid off of her bed and onto her feet, wandering over to her door and sliding her boots on. "There's a moon tonight, you know," She said, glancing at him from the doorway. "I'm going to take a walk. You're free to join me." Vision paused for a moment, looking at her with a mildly puzzled look before getting off of her bed.

"Sure, I'll join you." He said. She offered him a smile before leaving the room, Vision trailing behind her. They left the compound and she began walking towards the wooded area, not saying anything yet. Vision walked- well, floated- beside her, eventually walking like a normal person once they were a bit further away. She was following a path that Vision had never realized was there before. 

"I notice you gone from your room a lot late at night," Vision began. "Not that I'm always watching you or anything, but I do check in on you occasionally. Is this where you go?" He questioned, looking at Loki out of the corner of his eye. She smiled a little and nodded.

"Yeah... I like taking walks at night. It's calm- peaceful. I used to do it on Asgard, too... whenever nightmares overcame me and I couldn't focus on reading. I enjoy looking at the stars, too." She paused for a moment, looking up at the sky as she walked. "Did you know that on Asgard, those who are deemed 'important' are turned into constellations after death? We have proper funerals... but at the end of the funeral, right before their body is gone forever- we release these... orbs of light into the air. That's the best way I can describe them. And, once they're released... they become part of the sky. Constellations. It makes no sense based on all science I've heard- but... it's nice." She smiled a little to herself. "I've only seen it happen once in my life- with my grandfather, Bor. I was young- I don't remember it well, but I do remember how pretty it was." Vision looked at her fully this time.

"Only once?" He questioned. Loki seemed to be caught a bit off-guard at this question, looking over at him, still walking with him. "I don't mean to be rude- but... didn't Frigga die recently? I would assume she would be considered an important person..." Loki just nodded a little bit, looking back ahead.

"Yes... she was. Unfortunately, at the time of her death and sequential funeral, I was in the dungeons, therefore I was not allowed to attend." She said calmly. 

"That seems... wrong." Vision said, looking ahead of them as well. "That you weren't allowed to attend your own mother's funeral. I'm sorry." Loki shrugged slightly, her eyes glazed over slightly.

"I suppose," She said, cupping her hands behind her back. "But, I've gotten over it to the best of my abilities." She paused again, thinking about what to say next. "To change the subject- are there any questions you have about me? By 'me', I mean my species. Frost Giants." Vision seemed to perk up a little at this, nodding. 

"I do, actually." He said.

"Well then, ask away." 

Their walk continued on for a little while longer, eventually ending when Loki was visibly getting tired. Vision was able to earn some much-appreciated insight on Frost Giants and even the Æsir, which he enjoyed a great deal. Once they returned to the Compound, Loki retired for the night, falling asleep almost as soon as she turned the lights off and laid in her bed. It was just a typical Tuesday. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 14.2K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
148K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
701K 43K 107
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 18.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...