The Revelation

By Rddudd

The sequel to the Unknown. SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE SURPRISE ENDING OF THE UNKNOWN, WAIT T... More

Embarrassed and ashamed
It shouldn't make a difference
In session
Senior ditch day
How do you know?
The rat
Sweet sweet revenge
Objectionable content
Judge, jury, and executioner
Two wrongs
I truly didn't understand
One helluva long day
I wouldn't dream of it
Start talking
Off the roof
Prime example
On the rocks
We didn't mean to interrupt
Captain's table
One ounce
You were just leaving
Good intentions
No escape
Lesson learned
Pay attention
Past sins
24 hours
Signs
Exactly
You're a meanie
Too young
Summer's almost over
I've got this
Our daughter
Cell
Livid yet calm
I bet
Take a seat
You're way off base
I agree darlin'
Lonely road
Downward spiral
Back on track
Two birds one stone
Scholarship
Stacey's motivation
My generosity comes with stipulations
Uninvited guests
The only test I ever hoped to fail
Higher power
Think before you speak
Before we face the music
Oh honey
Back home
It's not that deep
One more time
Are you finished?
Are you even serious?
A few calls
You will apologize
Regardless
Tears and fears
Seafood
Walking a very thin line
Welcome to stay
Submitting to authority
Maegan
Cake
Not too busy
Carry me
Who knew
Next time
Drop it
Pick up your blocks
Grown-up time
Showing off
That's not your call
Don't rush
Luxury of time
I'm sure we are
I didn't even
No greater pain
Another cup of tea
The Revelation

The seven are back together

6.5K 39 19
By Rddudd

THIS BOOK IS THE SEQUEL TO THE UNKNOWN

SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE UNKNOWN, THIS CHAPTER WILL SPOIL THE SURPRISE ENDING.

*************************************************************************

The Revelation is the sequel to The Unknown.

We continue to follow the lives of Dr. Neil Curtis, Dr. Michael Horton, Admiral Shane Donovan, Stacey, Julie, Lisa, and Carrie as the girls still find themselves in trouble and in need of a firm hand to guide them while they finish their senior year of highschool, go to college, and transition into adulthood. 

A brief review of the cast

Dr. Michael Horton: 

Was the most promising young surgeon at Salem General Hospital. No longer practicing medicine full time, but does work prn for the hospital. Currently working at the Spencer Foundation. Best friend of Admiral Shane Donovan. Incredibly strict disciplinarian. Guardian of Julie, Stacey, Lisa, and Carrie. Dr. Neil Curtis' right hand man at the NJC Center. Biggest pet peeve: dishonesty. 

Admiral Shane Donovan: 

At 23 y/o was the youngest man ever to be granted the title of Admiral in the British Navy. Strict disciplinarian. He is now retired from the armed forces.  Currently working at the Spencer Foundation. Biggest pet peeve: disrespect. The guardian of Julie, Stacey, Lisa, and Carrie. 

Dr. Neil Curtis: 

CEO of Salem General Hospital (where he met Dr. Michael Horton) which is funded by his charity the Spencer Foundation. No longer a practicing physician but still keeps his license active. Chooses instead to focus on The NJC Center and the Spencer Foundation, both of which he owns and operates. Acts as the "dean" of The NJC Center administering discipline above and beyond the guardians who all fall under his tutelage. The wooden paddle is his disciplinary implement of choice. His wife Liz works at the Foundation as an administrative assistant. Liz and Neil have no children of their own.

Stacey : Biological cousin of Julie, three days her senior. Shares a room with Julie, Lisa, and Carrie. Tall blond with blue eyes. Very muscular, toned body. Quite the athlete. Stubborn and loyal to a fault. Loves to follow the latest trends and hang with the popular crowd. Has an attitude that gets her into alot of trouble at school and home(NJC). The "bold" one of the group.

Julie: Biological cousin of Stacey. Medium height, stocky but toned build, light brown hair and green eyes. Very intelligent (sometimes too much so for her own good) sarcastic, and athletic. Has a biting sense of humor and makes friends easily. Loves to push the envelope with authority figures. Often finds herself in trouble at school and home(the NJC) The "instigator" of the group.

Lisa: Average height and build, dirty blond hair, blue eyes. Straight A student, musically talented. Gets along well with pretty much anyone and is well liked. Somewhat neurotic and a perfectionist. Usually respectful to adults but tends to curse alot. Sometimes in trouble at school and home (NJC) usually thanks to Julie and Stacey, or her colorful vocabulary. The "mouth" of the group.

Carrie:  Petite with a slender build. Light brown hair with brown eyes. Kind, sweet, and very soft spoken. Very intelligent, loves to read and is a great writer. Almost never in trouble of her own accord at school or home(NJC), but does occasionally get roped into the others' drama. The "baby" of the group.

*************************************************************************

Present day

This is the first time in five years that Dr. Curtis, Shane, Mike, Stacey, Julie, Lisa, and Carrie have been together in the same room. It's unfortunate a funeral was the culminating event needed to accomplish this task. It's even more unfortunate, however, that after the casket is lowered in the ground tomorrow morning, the seven of them will never be together in the same room again, unless you count the big room in the sky that is, but we're getting ahead of ourselves. We really need to go back about twenty years to explain how they got here today.

Twenty years ago

Mike's pov

Neil confirmed that I am in fact Julie's biological father but I've decided not to tell her. After discussing the situation to great lengths with Dr. Evans, Neil, and Shane, we've come to a consensus that my name on her birth certificate doesn't change anything. Julie, Stacey, Lisa, and Carrie have been my daughters since I first met each of them twelve years ago and they will continue to be my daughters for the rest of our lives. No amount of shared DNA will ever change that.

The girls have two more months of highschool until they graduate and two weeks after that Shane and I will be taking them on a ten day Caribbean cruise to celebrate. We haven't told the girls yet as Shane wants to keep it a surprise until after their commencement ceremony, which is probably a good idea since they've each put their diploma in jeopardy due to suffering from severe senioritis.

Carrie was the latest to become afflicted with this horrid disease that so many seventeen and eighteen-year-olds in highschools all across the world fall victim to every spring. Although this particular infection is incurable, the symptoms can be managed quite successfully with a hefty dose of discipline and unfortunately for our youngest daughter, that was exactly the medicine Dr. Curtis had prescribed.

Shane and I were both in New York on business so Neil received the call from Dean Banfeld regarding Carrie's misbehavior that fateful Tuesday afternoon.

Dr. Neil Curtis's pov

"Dr. Curtis, it's Dean James Banfeld from South High. I apologize for interrupting your busy day, sir, but I'm afraid we have a situation here that needs to be addressed before Dr. Horton and Admiral Donovan return."

"No need to apologize, James," I said, rubbing my forehead, knowing his news will most likely bring on a migraine. "What happened?" I proceeded to listen to Dean Banfeld describe the transgression which landed one of the girls in his office as I rubbed my temples.

"I'm afraid Carrie was caught with four other students drinking alcohol on school grounds during lunch hour."

I groaned and shook my head in disbelief before responding, "I'll be by shortly to retrieve her. Thank you for calling." After hanging up the phone, I took a minute to practice some breathing techniques designed to quell my temper before heading over to the school to pick up Shane and Michael's wayward daughter. I thought Carrie was supposed to be the well-behaved one.

I had a death grip on the steering wheel the entire drive over to the girls' school. There weren't enough deep, calming breaths in the world to lessen my anger regarding Carrie's misbehaviour. I can't believe she would do something so utterly asinine.

When I arrived, Dean Banfeld's secretary immediately ushered me into his office. Carrie made the mistake of locking eyes with me, however briefly, causing her to become acutely aware of my mood. I heard her swallow hard before averting her gaze as she fidgeted nervously in her seat.

After shaking hands with Dean Banfeld, I turned to admonish her.

"Carrie Anne, I am appalled by your despicable behaviour. How dare you drink alcohol while underage and during school no less. I'm not only furious, I'm also extremely disappointed in you. What in the world were you thinking?" Both my hands were tightly balled into fists as I harnessed every bit of restraint to refrain from taking her over my knee and throttling her right here in Dean Banfeld's office.

Carrie avoided acknowledging both my question and the angry look on my face as she looked down while anxiously wringing her hands in her lap.

"You had better look me in the eye and answer me respectfully in the next three seconds, young lady, if you value your ability to walk out of this office without limping." My tone and posture should certainly indicate what I'll deem to be an appropriate response.

Timidly meeting my stone cold gaze, Carrie quietly utters, "I don't know why I did it. Ok?"

I inhaled sharply through my flared nostrils, my lips pressed firmly together in a thin line. Narrowing my eyes at Michael's youngest, I exhaled slowly and not so gently gripped her chin.

Bending down to her level, I spoke sternly.

"No, it most assuredly is not okay. Your response was neither appropriate nor respectful and I will most certainly address that with you when we get home." I released my hold on her chin and stood up, firmly squaring my stance while I stared her down.

Tears welled in Carrie's eyes and her bottom lip began to quiver. She sniffled and peered up at me, her eyes brimming with sadness and fear. I immediately softened upon seeing the sincerity in her regret, knowing her previous response was born only of fear, not rebellion. I sighed, closed my eyes, and slowly shook my head.

"Apologize to Dean Banfeld for your despicable behaviour." I spoke authoritatively but not harshly.

"I'm sorry, Dean Banfeld, I..." Carrie choked up, unable to speak anymore, her cheeks flushing bright red from embarrassment and shame as the tears streamed down her face.

Knowing there was no point in pushing her any further, I turned to Dean Banfeld and asked, "So where do we go from here, James?"

"Although Carrie's actions certainly warranted severe punishment, with only two months of the school year remaining, I have no intention of suspending her. That is, however, strictly contingent on your personal assurance that an incident such as this will not occur again, or I will be forced to take drastic measures, including the possibility of expulsion." Dean Banfeld's stern tone was rivaled only by the icy look he gave Carrie before he continued addressing me. "Do I have your word of honor to uphold that promise, sir?"

"You have my guarantee, James, that when I'm through disciplining Carrie Anne, she will never consider touching a drop of alcohol while on school grounds again." My eyes darkened as I stood rigidly, arms crossed, locking eyes with my protege's youngest daughter. "She will undoubtedly learn an extremely painful lesson this afternoon, you have my word on it, James."

Dean Banfeld replied, "I appreciate your cooperation in this matter, Dr. Curtis, and I thank you for your time." After shaking my hand, he addressed Carrie, "For your behavior you will be serving thirteen one hour office detentions beginning tomorrow after school and continuing through the next two weeks. Don't let me catch you drinking alcohol on school grounds ever again, Carrie. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir," Carrie practically whispered.

"Good. You're dismissed into the custody of your acting guardian," Dean Banfeld stated sharply, in a no-nonsense tone.

Turning my attention to Carrie, I snapped, "Stand and speak your gratitude to Dean Banfeld for disciplining you, quite mercifully I might add, as your misbehaviour certainly warranted harsher consequences."

Carrie immediately stood and said, "Thank you for disciplining me, sir." She didn't want to anger me further, knowing she was in enough trouble already and facing a severe reprimand upon arriving home.

Grabbing her by the arm, I forcefully led her out of the Dean's office.

"It's clear your guardians have failed to teach you proper manners and appropriate respect for authority figures. I'll be addressing that with you this afternoon and with Michael and Shane as well when they return from their travels," I sternly lectured, as I led her to the car.

Carrie's pov

When we arrived back from school, I silently followed Dr. Curtis into his office at the Foundation. His wife and assistant Liz gave me a sad smile and sympathetic nod as I passed by her desk.

"Sit!" Dr. Curtis commanded, pointing to the chair opposite his desk. "You better have an exceptional explanation for your outlandish behaviour today, young lady." With an angry determination behind his every move, he took off his suit coat, removed his tie, rolled up his shirt sleeves, pulled his wicked paddle out of his desk drawer and slammed it down loudly atop his desk. "START TALKING!" he yelled, before taking his seat across from me.

Seeing his cold hard wooden paddle up close and personal brought tears to my eyes as it paralyzed both my tongue and body. I was too afraid to speak or move, my eyes remained glued to its shiny veneer.

Dr. Curtis spoke harshly, startling me back to reality.

"Young lady, now is not an appropriate time to try my patience." He picked up the paddle and began mindlessly twirling it as he stared me down.

"I'm sorry, Dr. Curtis, I know I never should've taken a drink from that bottle." I looked down embarrassed and ashamed, wiping the tears that were now falling on my cheeks.

I jumped from the loud noise Dr. Curtis's paddle made as he slapped it down sharply atop his desk.

"Do not disrespect me by avoiding eye contact," he snapped. "And save your tears as you'll surely need them when your spanking begins."

Dr. Curtis stood and came out from behind his desk. Grabbing the handle of the paddle firmly, he tapped the edge of the sturdy wooden board into the palm of his left hand as he confronted me. What he said next just about stopped my heart.

"Lower your pants, Carrie Anne, and bend over my desk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 1.3K 25
disclaimer-this is originally a bts fan fiction so don't take any word serioulsy thank you so the story is about min yoongi and his family include h...
17.2K 477 6
Lexi Parker tried living with her aunt after her mother passed away but the undisciplined twelve year old was too much for the young mother to handle...
17.3K 433 116
Year 2 - can be read as a stand-alone. Sophia struggles with the relationship with her somewhat old-fashioned, somewhat overbearing yet caring stepmo...