Thanatophobia - Regulus Black

By _Owl_Head_

Thanatophobia: The fear of Death [Regulus Black X OC] Regulus Black spent his whole life being afraid, but no... More

0. ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ช
00. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ
1. ๐“•๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ก๐“พ๐“ท-๐“˜๐“ท๐“ผ
2. ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“”๐”‚๐“ฎ๐“ผ
3. ๐“๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ช ๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผ
4. ๐“๐“ฎ๐”€๐“ผ๐“น๐“ช๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ
5. ๐“—๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ผ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ ๐“—๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ผ
6. ๐“•๐“ต๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ซ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ด ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผ
7. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“—๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
8. ๐“˜๐“ท๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ผ
9. ๐“‘๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ
10. ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผ
11. ๐““๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“น๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ
12. ๐““๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“๐“ญ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ
13. ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ผ
14. ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“”๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผ
15. ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“น๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ข๐“ต๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท
16. ๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“–๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ๐“ซ๐”‚๐“ฎ๐“ผ
17. ๐“ข๐“ต๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ฃ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ
18. ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“™๐“ธ๐”‚๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ'๐“ผ
19. ๐“ฃ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“น๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ
20. ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“•๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ
21. ๐“œ๐”‚๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ, ๐“Ÿ๐“ฝ 1
22. ๐“œ๐”‚๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ, ๐“Ÿ๐“ฝ 2
23. ๐“œ๐”‚๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ, ๐“Ÿ๐“ฝ 3
24. ๐“œ๐”‚๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ, ๐“Ÿ๐“ฝ 4
25. ๐“”๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ž๐“พ๐“ฝ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ผ
00. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ฃ๐”€๐“ธ
26. ๐“ข๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ
27. ๐““๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ & ๐“ก๐“พ๐“ซ๐“ซ๐“ต๐“ฎ
28. ๐“‘๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ญ๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท
29. ๐“ค๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ
30. ๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ ๐“ก๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ
32. ๐“‘๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผ
33. ๐“‘๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“—๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฎ

31. ๐““๐“ป๐“พ๐“ท๐“ด ๐“—๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ

4.7K 169 107
By _Owl_Head_

31.

Drunk Hothead

➰➰

Avalon had decided that if Death Eaters broke into the school she would let them set it on fire and if one more person made moaning sounds when they passed her, she'd let them burn with it.

"Just ignore them," suggested Dorcas for the thousandth time since the rumours had started.

"It's not as easy as you make it sound," Avalon informed her as she reached out for the door to the Prefects meeting. It seemed however that someone else had the same idea and she ended up holding someone's hand instead.

"Sorry," she said, she didn't need to look at the boy standing next to her to know who it was, just the feeling of his hand was enough.

"Whatever," he replied pushing open the door and swooshing past her.

"Wait," she said following behind him, "I wanted to talk to you about our lessons, you haven't been showing up and I really need to learn how-"

"Okay everyone take your seats," he yelled over the top of her. Avalon huffed and sat down in the Head Girl seat. "First things first McGonagall just finished our new schedules so everyone grab one as they're passed along."

Avalon took one and passed them onto the girl next to her. She read through it with a frown, she wasn't patrolling with Regulus as usual, but with Nora Grant, the Slytherin sixth year prefect.

Regulus was now with Alyssa Hopkins the seventh year Hufflepuff who had picked a fight with Avalon during their first meeting on the train. The prefect herself didn't seem upset with the switch, but instead looked from her paper to Regulus with a shy (obviously fake in Avalon's opinion) smile.

She looked at Dorcas, who frowned at her and gestured for her to look at the schedule again. Turns out they weren't the only ones who got swapped, everyone did.

"What's with the switches?" She asked the boy next to her, Regulus shrugged.

"Ask McGonagall," he said before continuing on with the meeting.

As usual Avalon didn't say much, but nodded along to make it seem like she was also in charge and definitely not daydreaming the entire time. Dorcas usually took notes anyway and Avalon usually looked over them at the end to make sure nothing had changed from the last five meetings she was forced to sit through.

After everything was over she quickly said her goodbyes and managed to catch up to Regulus just before he left and cornered him so he couldn't keep walking.

"Excuse me," he grumbled and tried to push past her. She held her ground and refused to budge, it would have seemed strange to anyone walking down the corridor at that particular moment, but she had already had a rumour spread about her, what was one more.

"I need those lessons," she told him, "trust me."

Regulus scoffed, "I'm busy."

"But-"

"Avalon Potter!" Echoed an annoying voice down the hallway. James pulled up beside her, along with Remus who stood awkwardly behind them. "Black," he said in a low voice.

Regulus rolled his eyes and before she could stop him walked away. Avalon sighed and turned to look at her brother.

"What?"

"Don't what me, what are you doing talking to him?" Asked James with his eyes narrowed.

"I was talking to him about head duties, now why are you here?" She threw back.

"We came to check on you," said Remus with a small smile. "Just to make sure you were okay."

"You talked to Birdie?" Guessed Avalon as they walked toward the Gryffindor common room together.

"She may have mentioned something to me last night," said James, "and then I mentioned it Remus."

"Just Remus?"

"...and Lily...and maybe Sirius...and Peter."

"Anyone else?" Asked Avalon sarcastically.

"Marlene and Alice, but I drew the line there."

"Oh, I'm so glad you felt the need to stop telling people about my business, right after you mentioned it to half the bloody universe. Did Birdie not tell you she wanted to keep it quiet."

"She did, but it's your life we're talking about," he relied confidently

"And telling a bunch of people will somehow keep me safe?" Asked Avalon, he thought about it for a while and then looked at her offended at the fact that she would question his logic.

"Maybe," he began after a lot of thought, "the people that know about it can now look out for you."

"Or they could betray you and put me in more danger," suggested Avalon, although she didn't believe any of the people James had told would do such a thing, she didn't like him getting in the last word.

"Bullshit! Out if all the people I've told who the hell would be working for You-Know-Who," stated James, all riled up. If there was one thing admirable about her brother he would defend the people he loved with every last breath. Remus let out a loud sigh.

"That's enough, both of you," he interrupted, "we only came because we were really worried about how you were handling everything."

"I'm fine Remus, I'm still at Hogwarts after all. It's the safest place on earth right now," answered Avalon trying to sound convincing so she didn't worry them. It seemed to work because they both looked at each other and nodded.

"Okay," said Remus, "but if you are in any danger or just want anyone to talk to, owl me okay."

Avalon smiled at him and this time it wasn't an act. She had never really thought about it before, but when James had come home for Christmas his first year and brought along his three best friends, despite how annoying she found it at the time, she had unknowingly gained three new brothers that day and nothing in the world could change that.

"Thanks Remus-"

She was cut short by James' loud voice.

"You can owl me to," he added, Avalon raised her eyebrows.

"No thanks, you'd tell all of bloody England, so they can look out for me," she said using her fingers as quotation marks. James stuck his tongue out at her and she was about to tell him she would cut it off, when a girl in Slytherin robes and short black hair laced with multi-coloured streaks walked up to them with a smile on her face.

"Hey Ava" She said with a little wave, Avalon smiled back at her.

"Nora," she replied, "here to ask where we'll meet for our rounds?"

"Yep. It's kinda strange that they swapped everyone isn't it?" She asked.

"It is I'll ask McGonagall about it later, just meet me at the Entrance Hall for our rounds," Avalon told her, Nora nodded.

"You got it boss," she said, but it seemed soon after she realised just who Avalon had been talking to prior. "Hey! Didn't you two graduate last year?"

"Aren't you that chick who had a mental breakdown and chopped all of her hair off in the middle of the Great Hall last year?" Replied James in response, Nora rolled her eyes.

"Yep," she said, "and I'd do it again just to see the look on everyone's faces."

"It seemed a little psychotic," said James, Avalon whacked him in the back of the head.

"Shut up you idiot," she told him, but Nora didn't seem to mind his comment.

"We'll see you later Ava," interjected Remus, grabbing James and pulling him slightly to indicate they were leaving, "it was nice to meet you Nora."

"He's nice," commented the Slytherin in question once they had left, "I'll see you later for rounds."

After Nora had took off Avalon took a moment to catch a breath. She remembered back to when she thought that being late was her biggest worry. Now she wished her only problem was that she couldn't wake up on time.

Regulus hated himself. He didn't know why he was so angry, in fact he knew he had no right, but he couldn't help the anger bubbling inside him. Every time he looked at her he felt extremely irritated

He slammed the portrait hole to the Slytherin common room closed and threw himself onto the couch. There was no one there, rumours had been going around that there was going to be a massive duel this afternoon, so he guessed that's where everyone was. He reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of whisky.

It wasn't uncommon for a Member of the  Most Ancient and Noble House of Black to have a drinking problem, it ran in the Family and Regulus was no exception. Sirius was the only lucky one and even then Regulus had noticed that when he drank he drank to much.

As he swallowed the last of the bottle he heard the portrait open, and he swung himself up so he could see who it was. As soon as the person spotted him their eyes flung open and they began to back out of the door.

"Get your ass back in here Dearborn," he demanded glaring at the boy with everything he had.

"Reg Heyyyyy, long time no see," replied Fletcher rubbing his neck.

"Because you've been avoiding me," stated Regulus getting up off of his seat.

"I would never-"

"First you introduce yourself to her despite the fact that I said leave her alone," began Regulus walking towards him, "then you insert yourself even more in her life so she began to think of you as friend, and now you're dating her and you've had...I'm presuming she knows?"

"First off the only reason I Introduced myself to her Regulus is because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. All you ever did was talk about how great she was and I wanted to see why," said Fletcher crossing his arms, "I became her friend because I actually like her. I had just lost my sister and Father and she was nice."

"You didn't have to date her," snapped Regulus, Fletcher rolled his eyes, "I thought you were my friend, and you go and do this-"

"I'm not dating her Regulus," interrupted Fletcher, "it was a stupid rumour, and we're definitely not having sex. No she does not know about that and I'm not planning on telling her. The last time I told somebody it didn't go down well and I had to erase their memory."

"...a rumour?" Asked Regulus, Fletcher nodded, "I've been pissed off about a stupid rumour?"

"Yep," he answered, "classic Reggie, always a hothead."

"I have to go apologise," he said throwing the whisky bottle in the bin.

When Avalon had finally composed herself she went to ask McGonagall why the schedule had changed. She wasn't given a straight answer, only that it was better off for everybody in the long run. After she had done that she had forced herself to go to the secret room and practice making the feather fly again.

"Float you stupid thing!" She yelled dropping her hand.

"You're still not concentrating hard enough."

"I'm trying," she answered. "...I thought you were busy."

"I lied," admitted Regulus with an apologetic look, "sorry."

"I don't think I'll ever get it," Avalon sighed, Regulus come over and stood behind her.

"Hold your hand up and close your eyes," he told her, she did what she was told. "Now try again, but this time imagine that it worked. Imagine that you said the spell and it floated."

"Nothing's happening," whined Avalon.

"Really?" Asked Regulus, "open you eyes."

Avalon did and squealed in excitement. It had since dropped to the ground, but the feather had been floating, she had seen it with her own eyes.

"Try again with your eyes open," said Regulus, she did and sure enough the feather flew up to the roof.

"Thank you!" She yelled wrapping her arms around him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Once she had calmed down she realised what she was currently doing. The thing was however that she didn't want to let go, it felt right. She smelt the familiar bittersweet smell that she had associated with him, despite what it meant. She wanted to hold him forever, but she couldn't, not after everything that had happened. The person he works for had killed Stormy, so she let him go and stepped back.

"Thanks," she said one last time, "I presume I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Same time, same place," he confirmed. Avalon nodded and she left, fighting every bone in her body not to go back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 9.5K 123
โ™›๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜‰๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌโ™› โœงMarauders Era โœง "..๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ฒ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ" - Tom...
36.2K 1K 23
"ษช แด€แด ษดแดแด› ษขแดษชษดษข แด›แด แดแด€ส€ส€ส ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ" "สแดแดœ แด„แดแดœสŸแด… ส™แด‡ ๊œฑแด›แดœแด„แด‹ แดกษชแด›สœ แดแดœแด„สœ แดกแดส€๊œฑแด‡, สŸแดแด แด‡." (๐•Ÿ) ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•˜๐•ฆ๐•๐•ฆ๐•ค: ๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•– (๐•Ÿ) ๐”ธ๐••๐•š๐•ฃ๐•’: ๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•“๐•๐•–, ๐•ก๐• ๐•จ๐•–๏ฟฝ...
241K 6K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...
100K 2.6K 33
โ ๐ข ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž: ๐ƒ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ž๐ง๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ซ ๐๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ. ...