There's a Ghost in the Machine

By adamabyss12

There is a boy who has lost his parents in the life on industry, rigged from the attack of the White Fang. Wh... More

The Possession
Programming
Meeting a Maiden...
Battling against a Cat Faunus
Battling White Fang and Unwanted Reunion
The Backup Body
Dark Screen of Demolition
A Forgotten Something Remembered
A Remembered Creation
Curiosity Discovers Something
Computer Rage
White Fang Attack at Base
Vision meets Penny again
Finding something needed
Evolvutionizing Combat Humanized Observer
Talking with Echo
Echo Sees the Outside World
Echo's Prototype/Intelligent Rational Initiative System
What's In the Robotic Mind/Past Enemies
VIRUS
The Sentient AK-200
Live in Safe Winter...
Nano-tech: Work in Progress
Buggy Reunion
Concern in Wattpad

The Reveal

6K 75 103
By adamabyss12

Beacon Academy...

Ozpin was inside of his office, as he is seen drinking his cup and sitting on his chair. Glynda is seen beside him, waiting patiently for the Rose family to come visit them.

"Will they really accept what had happened to their son?"

Glynda spoke out to Ozpin. The Headmaster of Beacon Academy than sipped his drink, as he spoke out.

"I'm certain of it. They just need to time to process the information inside of their heads."

After waiting for a few minutes, the elevator door opened, and the Rose family appeared. Summer Rose is looking a little frustrated, as she began to speak loudly at him.

"Ozpin! We have been looking Everywhere for Aurora! Why isn't he found?!"

Ozpin than spoke out to her, in a reassuring voice.

"Summer, listen to-"

"NO!!! I'm done listening!! We have been searching around for him, as you said that he was alive!! Why isn't he found?!"

As she shouted out, Ruby than spoke out to her.

"Mom..."

Summer than looks at Ruby, who than softened her expression.

"What is it, Ruby?"

Ruby than took a deep breath, and than spoke out.

"We...we encountered Aurora before."

Summer was shocked.

"What...you did?!"

Summer spoke out to Ruby. But than, Ruby looked down and spoke out.

"He...wasn't the same as he looked."

This made Summer very confused.

"What do you mean?"

Ozpin than stood up, and spoke out.

"Your son...was able to inhabit the body of an Atlas Knight-135, by the time he...'died.'"

This made Summer looked surprised, as she spoke out to him.

"How...how is that possible?"

Summer couldn't believe it. Nobody has ever inhabit a robotic body before. So how can this be possible? Ozpin than looked at her, blankly, before speaking out.

"It turns out that your son has a semblance to possess anything that is machine. When your son's body died, he was able to transfer his aura...his consciousness to the machine. Thanks to that, his own will was able to survive."

Summer was shocked, and was even more when she realized something.

"That robot...the Atlas Knight that we encountered underground...was that...was that him?!"

Summer spoke shocked. Ozpin nodded.

"Yes. Apparently, he was able to mimic the behavior of the Atlas Knight to make himself look convincible. It was the way he took punishment, the way he was able to fight that let the entire facade go."

Summer was shocked. But than, Raven walked towards him and spoke out.

"That doesn't make any sense. If he can transfer from machine to machine, how is it that we haven't caught him?"

Ozpin than spoke out.

"That's the thing, Raven. He is so quick that we'd be unable to catch him. Which is why we prepared a body to catch him in."

He showed a paired of a pod the shape of a humanoid body, except that there are no arms or legs to move with.

"Wait...are you saying that..."

Qrow spoke out. Ozpin nods.

"When he prepares to try and transfer himself from another body, we can activate this machine to capture him in. The pod will suck him inside of the machine so that we can get him. But it will not be easy. He has been shown on occasion to upgrade the body that he can inhabit. So we need to be cautious on how we try and handle him."

Everyone nodded in understanding what he meant.

"Well, What are we waiting for? Let's get him back!"

Everyone nodded, as they got their weapons and prepare to bring him back to them. Ozpin looked at the group, as Glynda spoke out.

"Are you confident that we can catch him?"

Glynda spoke out to him. Ozpin sighed a little, as he spoke out.

"Aurora can transfer himself from machine to machine. So I'm not sure if we can be successful at catching him. We just have to wait and see for ourselves, Glynda."

Glynda nodded, before walking out. Ozpin stood up, took out his cane, and prepared to try and find Aurora. He should be located at anytime.

Meanwhile...

Aurora is now on his computer, and is trying to search for another component. He found out that the reason the computer acted the way it did was because of the fact that it had a virus suddenly appear. The virus was caused by a hacker of unknown affiliation, and wanted access to the bases' files. Aadiv returns the favor by launching his own virus and crashed the Hacker's computer. He than puts out a number of firewalls inside of his computer so that it could quarantine any virus that might appear to him.

Right now...he is keeping on looking, and is trying to find out where the next component might be. After a little while, he than located the next component's location.

It was at an abandoned Laboratory, and is inside of a forest of some sort. Aurora signed, realizing that he must get it, even if it is very far.

"Why does it have to be far? Why?! At least make it close to me?"

He than used the computer to try and locate a body to use. After about 10 minutes, he was able to find one. Unfortunately, it is also far away from it.

He sighed, as he spoke out.

"Damn it. Guess I have no choice. I'll have to use the body to get to where it needs to be. If I simply go in this body, than I'll be caught. I just hope that it can move fast enough to get here."

He than used the satellite to upload his consciousness into the unknown machine. He than began to target it's position. After a little bit, he was ready to go in.

"Fmmmmmm....hooooo...okay. Here we go."

He than activated the Cannon, as he feels himself leaving the Atlas Knight-135, and began to go to the satellite...as lights blinded his vision...he than feels himself being shot down like a bullet...and than...blackness.

Than...a blue flash of light was seen, and than...there is a loading bar at the bottom right.

Than it finished...as he screen became clear. He than looked around, as he wondered where he is.

'This must be the forest.'

He than began to stand up, as the sounds of dirt falling could be heard.

After about 15 seconds, he than rose to his full height, as he looks down at himself to see the body that he inhabits. But he saw water...and decide to check it out through the reflection of the water. The body he saw was something that he didn't expect.

The robot looks rather strange. It has a much rectangular head compared to the A.K-135, and is much larger than a human. The legs are even strange, as it has a couple more joints. He tilts his head, interested in the body he took. But for an unknown reason, he was covered in dirt, as well as some moss and flowers all over him.

'Woah. I never have seen this machine before! How long was this one been existing?'

Aurora through to himself as he looked at the reflection. He obviously has no idea how long this machine is, what it can do, and how power the body is.

He than looked down at himself, to see the limbs of the body that he chose.

He looks at the left hand. It still functions at it usually is, fortunately. But it was the right arm that got his attention.

Instead of a hand, it was what seems to be some sort of gun attached. He looked behind himself, and saw something that is shaped like a mini gun. Aurora was really getting interested now.

"Okay...this is a really interesting one. The controls are much more greater than some of my previous bodies. But I shouldn't be distracted by how advanced this thing is. I need to find the abandoned lab."

As if the controls responded to his command, it than made a map for him to go to.

It calculated the direction that he needs to go, and when it was done, he looks at the ground, and the direction is being shown at the ground.

Aurora was caught by surprise at what he is seeing. He never had seen a machine do that before. In fact, this is the first time he had seen this.

'Woah...this body is much more advanced than I thought. I just hope that it is fast enough to get me the location in time.'

Aurora thought to himself, as he followed the trail made inside of the body's vision. The body isn't fast. It walks much faster than a human, but it doesn't run. He is unsure at how far it is, but he'll try to make it as quick as he possibly can.

After a little while, he was able to find out the location of the component, and boy it wasn't pretty. The outside has multiple cracks and rusts on it. There are broken windows, as well as a rusted door to get inside of the building. He tried to punch it, but nothing happened. He tried to punch it again, and nothing happened still. This made him so angry, he did something that is very unexpected.

He changed his form, and the thing that was covered by the leaves...the thing that looked like a Gatling Gun...IS A GATLING GUN!!!

He fired the bullets at the door, as it became dented. After a little bit, he turned back to his usual form, and bends the door open. He than looks inside to see what it looks like.

There are so many laboratory equipment. It was all scattered on the floor. When he looked around, he saw that there are bodies of human scientists on the floor. This gave him a feeling of dread.

As he looked around he room, he looked and saw that there is a pod, with the term, Project E.

'Wait...that's the same way that my father wrote his project. Could it be that...he worked here as well?'

As he looked around, he saw the component that he needs. He went to the component and grabbed it. He than stored it inside of his body.

He looked at the computer terminal, and realized that he will need to get some information on what the scientists were trying to do here.

Unintentionally, he turned his left arm into something...something strange. He looked at it, and believed that it must be used for the computer.

'Alright than...let the magic work.'

He than puts it over a type of computer light, and his arm began to light blink. After a little bit, he than felt like he was being pulled to something, as he than heard voices.

"Is it working, everyone?"

He turned to see some scientists. These were not there before. As he looked around, he saw that one of the scientists...was actually his dad.

'How...what's dad doing here?!'

He tried to touch him, but his hand went through them.

"It should...wait...there's something wrong. There's a virus inside of Project E."

This made Aurora interested.

'Project...E? Is it another android that my father has been making?'

As he began to think about that, a scientist spoke.

"What do your think we should do, chief?"

The chief than looked down at the pod, as he spoke out.

"We'll put her in a pod so that the virus could be purge. For now, we need to keep on working on some of our other inventions to date."

The scientist than took out what seems to be a white chip, and than puts it inside one of the drawers.

"Sir...how long will the take?"

The chief than looked at the female scientist, before sighing, and speaking out.

"I have no idea how long. A couple...maybe perhaps a few years to purge the virus from her systems."

The electronic memory than suddenly ends...as Aurora is back in the present time again. He than went to the drawer, as he looked inside. The chip is still here, and it is still functional.

As he looked at it...he hears voices. He doesn't know why...but it sounds so...so familiar.

Not taking a chance, he turned into another form just like before. But this one is different.

Than, the door opened, as the Rose Family appeared through the door.

"Where is he? Ozpin said that he would appear inside of this place?"

Summer spoke out. Ruby looked around, as she spoke out.

"Maybe he transformed into something else."

Summer looked.

"Maybe."

As they continued to look around, Yang Xiao Long looked and saw that there is a miniature tank here.

"Why is there a miniature tank?"

She than goes to it, and looked at it. As she looked at it, she scoffs and claimed.

"This is stupid!! Were supposed to find Aurora in this junk!!"

She than fired a bullet at the Tank. Big mistake.

BOOM!!!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

Yang was sent flying back by the Tank's explosion. Ruby and Summer looked in shock, as they looked at the Tank, as it transformed. It was than they realized who it is.

"Aurora..."

Summer spoke quietly at him. Aurora was't happy seeing them. His eye than glows red, as he prepares to attack.

He than began to fire at the family that abused him in the past. Ruby began to spin her scythe, as she spoke out.

"Aurora, please, don't do this!! We're sorry we made you this way!!! Please, come back to us!!"

But Aurora didn't listen, as he continued to open fire, before going in front of the pod, containing the so-called Project E.

When he went in front of it, he was preparing to get someone to transport him back, when Yang came out of nowhere and punched him at the side of the head. He result, Aurora used his gun and shot her in the knee, causing her to collapse. He than spoke out the command, and he is teleported away from here.

Ozpin came inside, and spoke out.

"He's a slippery one. Get the medics to come and help them. We need to make preparations on trying to get Aurora to join us."

Qrow and Raven nodded, before calling on their scrolls, to get any doctors nearby.

Back at Aurora's base...

Aurora was transported back, holding the pod that contained Project E. Everyone looked shocked at the machine that had just appeared.

"Woah...Aurora. That is one impressive machine!"

Emerald spoke out. Aurora nodded, before looking at everyone. After a minute, he uploaded a speaking mod in order to talk through the machine, which cannot speak for some unknown reason, only make sounds.

"Get some tools in the base."

Everyone gawked at him.

"Ummm...why?"

Amber spoke out. Aurora turned around and spoke to her.

"We have work to do around here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 3.6K 35
Good or evil. Life or death. Light or dark. Living or dying. None of those mattered to (y/n). For as long as he could remember he never really felt a...
285K 2.7K 62
(Y/N) Rose was the youngest out of everyone in his family and loves his family, he just wishes they'd feel the same way about him. His family used to...
35.5K 295 12
once loved by his family, Bryan Belledonna was on the run due to the constant abuse of his sister and the neglect she gave him, she thought it was al...
83.7K 724 4
You were born the son of Taiyang & Female Qrow, grew up unloved. At a young age you left a broken home to build a new life for yourself. Even went on...