Together Anyhow | √ |

By Sofia_Not_Sophiya

COVER CREDITS TO THE SWEETEST SOUL- @ShabanaTheStar "You fake person! You call yourself a gentleman?!" "What... More

Story and Aesthetics
1. Nada and Fahad
2. The Medical Store Visit
3. Quarrels
Ramadan Mubarak!
4. The Explanation
5. Couple Goals?
6. Stressed
7. Psychopath
8. Demon
9. Minding His Own Business
10. Again The Explanation
11. Truce
12. Tripping
13. The Diaper Bag
14. Bickering
15. First Night
16. Mistakes
17. Staring
18. Blush?
19. A Long Day
20. Emotional Talks
21. Graduation
22. The Family Dinner
23. Who Is She?
24. Hiding Truths
25. Saving Each Other
26. Clumsy
27. Believe
28. What Happened To Her?
29. Reality
30. Back To Normal
31. The Usual Banter
32. Doomed
33. Harsh Reality
34. Confession
36. Stress
37. Care
38. Owner Of Her Heart
39. Upset
40. The End?
41. Over
42. Jealousy
43. Persuasion
44. Confession
45. The Whole Universe
Conclusion
Next book?

35. Facing The Hurdles

1.4K 116 75
By Sofia_Not_Sophiya

N A D A' S  P O V

Bismillah (In the name God-Allah) with that said, I entered inside. The devil's hell.

"Uh-umm Fahad you didn't sleep yet?" I timidly asked him going inside the closet and taking out my pyjamas.

"How can I sleep when you won't let me?" Fahad gritted out, bobbing his head up from his hands which were supported on his knees.

"Wh-what did I do?" I spoke innocently.

"The drama which you did today at the dining table." He spat at me.

"Excuse me, my love for you is not a drama, okay?" I said angrily, my voice quivering a little. Points for my bravery. I turned back to go in the washroom when Fahad grabbed my hand and made me halt my steps.

"Why? Why can't I call it drama? Previously, you were fine then out of nowhere you fall in love? That too with me? I don't get it. Tell me honestly, what's the conspiracy behind?" He interrogated making me turn behind.

"How could you say something like that? I love you and been loving you since when, I just realised it today and confessed it to you." I ran to the bathroom before he could interrogate me about anything else.

When I got out of the bathroom, the lights were switched off and it was pitch black even the curtains were drawn restricting any light to make its way in.

I tried to walk towards the bed and stubbed my foot and a hiss out of pain escaped from my mouth.

"Now what did you do? Clumsy girl!" I heard Fahad speaking in anger.

"Uh-oh nothing just stubbed my toe." Well it's surely more than nothing. Ahh it's paining now.

"Could have just switched on the lights." He grumbled.

"I didn't want to disturb you from your sleep." I spoke hesitantly and finally found the bed to lay down.

"You have been disturbing me for a long time a few minutes is nothing." Ouch.

"You think I disturb you?" I turned towards him.

"Of course." He scoffed. I ignored the sound of heart breaking and pulled the duvets over me.

I know he didn't mean those words. He's just angry. I won't accept my defeat so easily not gonna loose this battle. I will make him fall in love with me.

There was silence for a good two-three minutes. No one spoke.

"No, sweet heart, I am not a disturbance, I am a distraction, you could've just said that you cannot focus around me, it's okay." I speak too much. Someone shut my mouth. Someone shut my mouth please. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

"What are you made up of, huh?" Fahad finally spoke turning towards me.

"The same material with which you are made up of." I rambled. "Now I am very sleepy. Shabba Khair (Good night)."

"Whatever." That's all I heard from him. His new favourite word noted: whatever.

How am I going to make him fall in love with me when he won't even reply to my good night?

As I was trying to sleep, which was too far away, I couldn't sleep without Alizah beside me.

"Fahad?" I turned to look at him even though I couldn't because of the dark.

"Fahad!" I whispered as I tried to shake him with my hand.

I believe that he was asleep as he didn't reply therefore I decided that I should also sleep. I was going to retract my hand when Fahad snuggled with my hand making my heart race. Shoot! What is he doing? I might just have a heart attack with that. The close proximity wasn't helping. At all. However, this intimacy did give my restless heart a bit leisure.

And that night, I slept with mixed feelings. Excitement and fear. Excitement because I was so close to him, my heart was satisfied and fear because I was afraid of his reaction tomorrow.

THE NEXT MORNING:

"Nada." I heard a raspy voice.

"Nada!" Again.

"Nada Hashmi!" This time the tone was a bit angry.

"It's Sheikh, you idiot! I am married." I groggily spoke facing the other side.

I heard the person huff. "Nada get up at this instant."

"What? What happened?" I woke up with a shock.

"My blood circulation has been stopped." I heard Fahad say from beside me.

"What? How?" I snapped up in a second.

"Because of your grip on my hand, you stupid, leave it." Fahad answered angrily.

Then I realised that I was still clutching his hand, indeed stopping his blood circulation.

"Uh-I am sorry." How did that happen? Last night it wasn't me who was snuggling with his hand, it was the other way around.

"Your sorry is not gonna make things back to how they were." He said and walked into the washroom. I know what he was implying to, still to the topic of me falling in love with him. Now we are back to square one, when Fahad was continuing being the rude soul to me. Gradually, as the days had passed from frowning to laughing along with me, he had become comfortable around me. Presently, he is back to his uncivil behaviour with me.

Ugh! It had taken a lot of hard work to make him frank with me. But why? Why has he become like that? Just because he wants to divorce me so bad? But no, I won't let him go so easily. He must be still in shock to digest the fact. That's why he is behaving like that. I don't know that I am believing the truth or just being denial.

Thinking about all these thoughts made me lag behind, I didn't even notice that Fahad had already come out and was spreading the Janamaz (prayer rug).

I also got up, did my ablution and started my prayer too. During Dua (supplication) I asked God to guide me to the right path, whatever I am doing is correct and make Fahad fall for me too, if not that then at least make him realise that my love for him is true and not some conspiracy. I also prayed for my Mom, to reach back here, safe and sound and for Dad to have a place in Jannah (heaven).

"God! Nada? Why are you crying? I know my words might have hurted you but you can't force me to fall in love with you." I heard Fahad say with wide eyes. I see the gentleman behaviour is still there.

I didn't realise that all this while tears had started to flow down my cheeks.

"Umm- no Fahad. I always cry while I am praying, in front of Allah. He said that ask him and you shall be granted. That's it. You were worried for me?" I asked with expecting eyes while folding my prayer mat.

"Do not conclude something stupid." He spoke rudely and went to the bathroom to get ready for work, probably.

Why did he have to say that at the last? Why couldn't he just have said a simple yes and let me in live in my fantasy.

Start being practical, Nada!

I also got up, combed my hair, as I had already taken a shower and changed my clothes. As I was applying my moisturiser I noticed the necklace I was wearing which had 'Sheikh' engraved. I smiled looking at through my reflection. I was happy to wear it now. Proud too. But will I be a Sheikh forever? I don't know. But being the positive and fantasy type of person I am. I will definitely say yes.

I heard Fahad getting out the bathroom with his suit on, looking magnificent as ever.

I was sitting in front of the vanity where he came and stood behind me. Of course maintaining enough distance.

I got up and turned behind and did the most unexpected thing. Like Fahad could never imagine me doing that. I hugged him.

"What are you doing?" He asked being all uneasy.

"Just hugging my husband. Is that crime?" I answered him, my voice was being muffled, as my face was deeply furrowed into between his neck and shoulder.

"Uh, g-get off me." I heard him. Damn, the stoic person who always wears a mask of diplomacy is getting nervous. A sight to witness. I knew that he never had a contact with girls as Aunt Naaz told me. He was comfortable with only two ladies: Aunt Naaz and Uméma. I need my name too in that list after all I am his wife.

I could hear his heart beat, but I bet it's not faster than mine. Everything is also new for me. I had never been this close to any male except my Dad. God knows from where did I gain this confidence come from.

"Aww is Fahad Sheikh shy now?" I cooed.

"What do you mean?" He asked me and I looked up at his hazel eyes which due to the sunlights striking in made his eyes look honey brown, which has become my favourite colour now.

"I mean, that you look cute when you are shy." I beamed pinching his cheeks.

"What's all this new drama?" He asked agitatedly. That didn't not make me feel any better. I guess for now, I should stop. It's enough. For now though.

"Everything I do is not a drama Fahad." I spoke softly, not trying to be rude and exited the room.

I will not let his words hurt me, I am not gonna get defeated so easily.

"Oh my Bhabi (sister-in-law) how are you? What's with that glow?" I heard Uméma as I was walking downstairs when she joined me.

"Bhabhi and all, eh?" I turned towards grinning widely at her. Now it felt good to hear that name, before I didn't even want anyone to know that I am married. But look where I am today!

"Yes after all you are one and I guess you will not even be angry anymore to hear that from me." She teased me wiggling her eyebrows making me blush.

"Ummi, stop it now! You don't know how just a mere thought of your brother effects me."

"Damn damn damn! My brother is so lucky to have you! Such a loving and caring wife he has got." She gushed.

At that time, Fahad also came rushing down.

"Well I gotta be the cupid now, right?" I heard Uméma whisper and the minute she did said those words she pushed me towards Fahad who, fortunately for me and I guess unfortunately for him, caught me.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry Bhabhi I didn't mean to." She said and ran off.

"Uh- umm hi." I smile awkwardly at him. It was difficult to concentrate while looking at his handsome face. And his hands on my waist? They were a different story and reason for my heart to explode.

"Again!" I heard him say angrily as he made me stand properly as I was previously crushed into him.

"What? Aren't you supposed to protect your wife?" I interrogated him. I get it, he doesn't love me but for the sake of the Nikah (marriage agreement) he should fulfill his husbandly duties.

"Not when your wife is a crackhead." He grumbled straightening his navy blue suit.

"So you accept me as your wife?" I asked hopefully.

"Don't waste my time." He scolded me and walked away.

"Fahad!" I whined and followed his suit.

"Assalamualaikum (peace be upon you) lovely couple." Uméma said sitting on the chair beside Aunt Naaz. I smiled at them.

"Assalamualaikum Aunt Naaz and Ummi." I said smiling, sitting down at my seat. Both of them greeted back but Uméma winked at me.

"I am gonna ignore what you said." Fahad said directing his gaze towards Uméma. "And Assalamualaikum Mom and Uméma."

"Walaikumasalam (peace be upon you too) both of you. May God bless you both." Aunt Naaz gave our her best smile.

"And Nada stop call me Aunt call me Mom, just like how I am your one. I have Aunt Naaz spoke to me.

"Okay Mom." I said smiling at her.

"It's gonna be temporary anyway." I heard Fahad whispering harshly.

"Till the time I am here I will call her Mom if she wants me to." I answered back. Whatever he said was true, if I wasn't successful in proving my love or making him fall for me I had to get the divorce.

"Momentary routine is that." He said in a clipped tone cutting his pancake.

"Fahad? Don't you think that you have such a beautiful wife and you should pay some attention to her rather than your work?" I heard Aunt Naaz scolding him.

"Mom you know the situation still you talk as if you know nothing about it. I don't even like her and you're telling me to pay my attention to her." He scoffed.

"Fa-"

"It's okay Au-Mom, let him do what he wants to and I will do what I want to." I stared at Fahad intently.

"I am done. AllahHafiz (Muslims parting greeting. It basically means let God be with you) everyone." He greeted and swiftly got up from his seat and went away taking his car keys.

"I'll be back in a minute, excuse me." I excused myself and rushed towards his direction. I saw him walking towards his car ready to open the door.

"Fahad! Wait!" I shouted at top of my voice.

"Shut up Nada. Please spare me for today. I've already have enough of your antics."

"You, stupid, you left your phone on the table." I said waving him his iPhone in the air, which he had forgot on the dining table.

"Okay then give it to me." He urged me once he stood in front of me.

"Nope." I protested stressing on the letter 'p'. I raised my hand up in the air with his mobile in my hand.

"You do know that I am taller than you, midget." He mocked, coming closer to me and tried to reach the phone.

"Oh is it?" I quirked up and snatched my hand down and put his phone in his front pocket kissing his cheek I ran off into the house before he could even register what was happening also not forgetting to scream, "Come home soon, Mr Husband.", in a sing-sang voice. Let's see how much more he resists me!

I didn't know what his reaction was as I went inside and hurriedly sat at my chair to continue my breakfast.

"What happened back there?" Uméma wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Nothing." I said nonchalantly.

"Well your cheeks says a different story by the way you are blushing." That made me blush more harder.

It's just the start Mr. Fahad Hammad Sheikh.

Assalamualaikum and hello people! How are you all? What about the chapter? Did you like it? Let me know through the comments, also only 6-7 chapters left y'all. Don't forget to vote (by clicking on the star icon) about it. Hope you guys enjoyed it! Until then bye, stay home, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

Also, tell me your favourite part of the chapter.

18-05-20
10-06-20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 42.3K 51
My stomach dropped the second we made eye contact. He had long and dark brown hair, which curled under the baseball cap he wore backward. The subtle...
1.5M 83.3K 65
[Completed] #1 in Romance (05-Jan-21) #1 in India (25-Apr-22) #5 in Humor (25-Mar-21) ❝For the world, it was a love marriage. But for them it was ne...
67.1K 4.5K 23
************ "Why in the name of God are you dressed like that? Are you perhaps carrying a bomb or something?" I asked. Instead of rolling her eyes a...
2.6K 257 15
Her knees felt weak. She sat down on the last stairs. By now, the voices in her head had subsided, and her mind felt blank. With her racing heartbeat...