Meet Me At Midnight

By princessrubatosis

This is a Miraculous AU, where LadyBug and ChatNoir don't exist as superheroes, but gamer-tags in an online c... More

Chpt 1: First Day
Chpt 3: My Hero
Chpt 4: Hot Chocolate
Chpt 5: Good Night
Chpt 6: Costume Party
Chpt 7: The Park
Chpt 8: Reveal
Chpt 9: The End
ATTENTION! New Fanfiction Coming

Chpt 2: Partners

3.5K 101 85
By princessrubatosis

Adrien groaned as his alarm blared into his ears. He was still getting used to his school routine, balancing school, photo shoots, mandarin, piano, football, and fencing is hard. He's only been in school a week and he's exhausted.
He yawned and forced himself out of bed. He turned the shower on. Then grabbed his phone as he waited for the water to heat up.

💬Morning m'lady! How was your first week? -ChatNoir

He put his phone up and got in the shower. Letting the hot water relax his muscles. Realizing the amount of time he'd spent in the shower, he turned the head off and finished getting ready. He ran his hands through his damp hair and grabbed his bag and phone. He looked at the screen and grinned.

💬Good morning, Kitty. It was interesting... How was yours? :) -Ladybug

💬It was fine. :) How is unpacking? -ChatNoir

He slipped his phone in his back pocket after a quick smile. Natalie had came and told him breakfast was ready and he had to hurry.

Adrien greeted his driver and got into the car. He fished his phone out of his pocket.

Finally all moved in. I'm going to be late for school, talk to u later :) -Ladybug

He smiled and put his phone away. He got to school and waved his driver goodbye. Nino was at the entrance waiting on him. He saw him a waved.

"Hey dude." Nino greeted putting his arm over Adrien's shoulders and laughing.

"Hey Nino." Adrien smiled. They were walking and found Alya at her locker. Adrien was pretty sure Nino likes her, thought he'd never admit it. They had been friends forever it seemed, and she was up in high school now.

"Hey boys." Alya greeted with a wave. Nino blushed and Adrien fought back a laugh.

"Hey Alya." He said.

"H-Hey Alya." Nino sputtered.

"Have either of you seen Marinette? I know she's going to be later, but I was hoping to catch her before third." Alya asked. Nino shook his head. Marinette moved here just a few weeks ago. She was Alya's new best friend, and she hung out with us in class and at lunch. She seemed really cool, a little shy though.

"I haven't seen her." Adrien said. She frowned

"Okay, well class is about to start, I should get going." Both gave her a nod and the three when their separate ways.

💬Hi kitty :) -Ladybug

He grinned down at his phone. His lady was texting him. The joy she brings him. Adrien started talking to Ladybug over the summer. They talk to each other about anything and everything. They've never met or seen each other, but he's convinced she's the most beautiful person out there. Ladybug has such a beautiful heart, how couldn't she be beautiful.

💬Hey m'lady ;) -ChatNoir.

He thought about leaving off the wink, but it's part of his charm. He was sitting through world-history, wishing he wasn't. He put his phone away after a few minutes with no reply, and rested his face in his hand.

💬How's your day? -Ladybug

He looked down at his phone ready to reply, when he felt someone hit hard into him. He looked up a little stunned to find a toppling over, blushing, Marinette. He caught by the arms and steadied her.

"A-Adrien, I am s-so so sorry." She stuttered, beet red with embarrassment. "I wasn't looking where I was going and-"

"Marinette it's fine. I wasn't looking where I was going either. Are you okay?" He interrupted her rambling. She took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay, lets go sit down." He flashed her a grin. They walked to their table, both sitting down their lunch bags. Alya and Nino joined them, putting their trays down. They talked while occasionally talking bites of their food.

"Why were you so late girl?" Alya asked Marinette. She blushed embarrassed then gave an awkward laugh.

"I'm cursed to be late no matter what I do." She giggled. Everyone gave out a little snicker.

Adrien jumped slightly when two hands jerked him backwards. "Who the hell-?"

"Adriekins, what are you doing with these losers? Come eat lunch with me." Chloé whined. Shock fell upon the four's faces. Adrien pushes her hands off of him.

"Chloé, these are my friends. I don't appreciate you offending them. Either apologize or please go away." He positioned himself back in his seat. Chloé's jaw dropped. She scoffed and stormed off. "I'm sorry guys."

"What was that about?" Marinette asked quietly.

"Yeah, what's her deal?" Nino asked.

Adrien sighed, "She's been a family friend since we were kids. Chloé is kind of possessive and clingy, but she means well." He sighed again, "she just doesn't show it." Marinette gave him a sympathetic look.

"As well as she mean, that was uncalled for." Alya huffed.

"I'm sorry again. I'll try and talk to her." He apologized.

💬Better now ;) how about yours? -ChatNoir

The bell rung and the four said their goodbyes.

💬Hehe it's been fine..really boring -Ladybug

💬Yeah same. What class are you in? -ChatNoir

💬About to go to art -Ladybug

💬You're taking art? That's awesome. I knew m'lady was amazing and talented. -ChatNoir

💬Silly Kitty. But I am, it's been one of the best parts of my day. -Ladybug

💬Talking to you is the best part of mine ;) -ChatNoir
(A/N: I know Chat is cheesy, it's kinda the point)

💬Stop Kitty, you're making me blush. -Ladybug

💬What I'd do to see you blush -ChatNoir

💬Yeah yeah. I have to get to class. Talk to you later Chaton. -Ladybug

Adrien sighed, contently, and put his phone away. He was on his way to study hall, where he would look over his mandarin. His father had made the school schedule time for him to study his after school activities.

Adrien arrived early to his last class. He took his seat and fished his phone out. No messages. He twiddled with it, turning it on and off, to make it look like he was doing something. He looked up to see Marinette being walked to class by Luka, a junior with black and blue hair.

"Talk to you later cutie." He heard Luka say to Marinette. He winked and left. Marinette flushed a slight pink and proceeded into the classroom. She was carrying two heavy-looking textbooks. She walked by him making slight eye contact. Her foot caught the back of her other, tripping her, dropping both books, making a loud thump. Everyone in the class turned their heads. Marinette scrambled to brush herself off. There were a few snickers coming from Chloé's direction. Adrien stood up, grabbing the book she hadn't yet picked up. It was a sketchbook. He smiled at it and gave it to her.

"You okay?" He asked genuinely. Hoping to block out Chloé's now loud laughter.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just a little clumsy." She blushed. He had to admit it, it was kind of adorable. His face warmed and he pushed the thought out of his head.

"Um...cool sketchbook. Do you draw?" He asked.

"Oh. Thank you. Something like that, I keep all my design ideas in here." She held it closer to her chest, as if he were going to steal it from her.

"Is that what you hope to do? When you get out of school?" He asked smiling.

"Well, yes. I want to go to college though. Study art and design. Or maybe business." She tinged pale pink, "Um. How about you, what's your plan?"

"For after school?" She nodded, "Well...are you asking what I want to do or what I'm going to do." He frowned. She returned his frown. His father controls so much of his life.

"You should do what you want to do." She gave him a empathetic frown and touched his arm.

"I'm not really sure. I mean I do want to take over my father's business, so I'll go to college for that. But father wants me to continue modeling then take over the business." He sighed, "My father is a very powerful man, looks like I'll be modeling for some time."

It was as if something in Marinette snapped. "Adrien, please don't take this the wrong way. I respect your father as both a designer and business man. But not as a father. He shouldn't have that much of a hold on your future." She took in a breath to compose herself. "You shouldn't have to deal with that." She said quietly. He wanted to tear up. Nobody has ever cared about this so much. She's only known him a week. He knew she was being genuine. He could could see it in her eyes. Her big. Sparking. Bluebell eyes. He blushed a light shade of red. He grabbed her wrist comfortably.

"Thank you." He nodded sweetly. She gave him a forced smile as if to hide other emotions. He turned and sat back in his chair. Marinette made her way to her own. She she sat down she sighed.

"Class. Next week we will be starting a partnered project. So start thinking about who you'll partner with, make smart decisions. Okay today..." the teacher started saying her lesson. Adrien blocked her out. It was finally the end of class. He took his phone. No messages from his lady.

💬You're photoshoot has been moved right after school, be ready -Natalie

He groaned internally at his phone.

"Are you okay?" A small voice asked behind him. He turned to see Marinette there. He smiled. He couldn't help it.

"It fine." He brushed its off.

"What's going on?" She asked concerned. She actually cares.

"I was supposed to meet up with Nino right after school, but my photoshoot was moved. So I can't." He sighed. He knew sighing doesn't help, but he's been doing a lot of it lately.

"Oh I'm sorry." And she was.

"Adrien~" a voice behind me sang. He wanted to roll his eyes, but that wasn't polite. He turned.

"Hey Chloé." He didn't mean for his voice to drop in annoyance.

"You're working with me on the project?" It was a question, but she meant it as a statement.

"Actually Chloé. I asked Marinette to be my partner." Adrien walked over and put his hand on the small of her back. She stiffened and looked up at him. He gave her a pleading look as if asking to go along. She nodded slowly.

"Yes. He did." She lied, "And I said yes already, sorry Chloé." Chloé huffed and stomped off. Again. Marinette bit her lip to suppress a giggle.

"Thank you for that." He sighed in relief, "You don't have to be my partner, if you don't want to."

"As long as you're okay with it. I'll happily be your partner." She gave him a small smiled. He flushed a bit, then flashed her a grin.

"Great! See you around, partner." He saluted and walked out of the classroom.

Marinette let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She fished her phone out.

💬Wanna hangout? -Alya

💬Yeah sure -Marinette

She typed.

💬Meet at the park in 30 minutes? -Alya

💬Yeah sure. -Marinette

She grabbed her things and packed up. She put her phone away and proceeded to leave the classroom.

"Who do you think you are?" She heard a voice behind her, instantly recognizing it. She sighed. "You think you can come her and steal my Adriekins from me?" Marinette stopped and turned to face a beet red Chloé.

"I really don't know what you mean, Chloé." She said to her.

"That whole innocent act. You can save it. He's MINE." She emphasized.

"I'm not trying to steal Adrien from anyone. He's my friend." She turned and started walking away, it took everything she had not to roll her eyes. She heard Chloé's tantrum behind her and snickered to herself. Marinette left for the the park to meet up with Alya.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment and give suggestions. Don't be shy. I hope to have Chapter 3 ASAP. -SM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

912K 16K 31
Marinette had gotten over her feelings for Adrien since she realized that it would never lead to anything. She was just too shy, and getting over her...
12.6K 225 21
Adrien and Marinette have been friends since they were little kids. He has always had a crush on her but she never took him seriously. When Adrien mo...
149K 3.6K 27
(COMPLETED) Miraculous Ladybug Fanfiction - Adrien is Not a Model. He's an abused, broken boy. Ever since his mom died a year ago, he's been abused...
753 17 5
[Marichat AU: My own rewrite of Miraculous Ladybug] "So...even with that mask on...am I allowed to do this?" Marinette plants a kiss on Chat's cheek...