Business to Pleasure (EDITING)

By FaithThaWritaaa

Mahlani is a beautiful young woman, that is very insecure. She comes from two very successful parents in the... More

Copyright ยฉ 2019
Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
A/N
26
27
A/N
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

11

2.7K 65 9
By FaithThaWritaaa

Mahlani

A week later, October 16th, 2015

It's been a couple weeks since the incident and I've been feeling a bit better but I still feel bad. I got an apartment of my own, of course Aubrey helped out even though I didn't want him to..he snuck and did it anyway. I called my family and let them know everything that happened. I was going over there tomorrow for dinner. Me and Aubrey have been hanging out a lot lately. I was currently at his house and we were snuggled up watching a movie. I was trying not to doze off but I was really tired from staying up all night writing music. I was currently working on a small lil mixtape. My phone started buzzing and I instantly popped my head up checking my phone. It was Kenneth and I rolled my eyes. I declined it and Aubrey laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"Why won't you just block him." He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and played with my fingers.

"I don't know." I said truthfully. He reached his hand out and I placed my phone in his hand. He did whatever he did and handed me back my phone.

"There problem solved." He said rubbing my head. I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes.

"You're so silly." I said giggling. "Can I ask you something?" I said playing with my fingers.

"Yeah whats up?" He said giving me his attention.

"Can you come with me to my parents house tomorrow for dinner? Koi and D are coming." I said looking at him.

"Yeah of course I'll come." He said smiling. I sighed with relief.

"Thank you." I said laying my head on his chest. I started to slowly fall asleep. I felt myself being picked up and I started to panic.

"Relax Lani, it's just me. I won't hurt you." Aubrey said making me calm down. I sighed with relief. He took me to the guest room and placed me in the bed.

"Goodnight Lani." He said about to walk out.

"Wait." I said. He stopped and turned around looking at me. "Can you stay with me." I said lowly. He smiled and went to the other side of the bed getting in. I snuggled against him and I felt safe. I let myself drift to sleep...

The Next Day

I woke up to an empty bed. I yawned and stretched rolling out of bed. I grabbed my phone and checked the time seeing it was 2:34pm.

"Oh my God." I mumbled. I never slept that late before. I must've been really really tired. The dinner was at 5. I went to the bathroom and did my normal hygiene routine. I then walked out the room looking around for Aubrey. I didn't see him anywhere upstairs so I went downstairs. I saw him sitting on the couch talking to 40. Aubrey looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Lani." He said patting the empty seat next to him. I smiled and walked over by him sitting down.

"Hey Aubrey and 40." I said smiling at 40.

"Wassup superstar." 40 said making us laugh. They finished up their conversation and 40 ended up leaving.

"The dinner is at 5 so we need to go ahead and get ready so we can make it there on time especially since they live an hour away from here." I said walking towards the stairs with Aubrey following behind me.

"Alright." He said. I went back to the guest room and turned on the shower. I grabbed my outfit out of my bag and laid it out on the bed. I grabbed everything I needed and went into the bathroom. I stripped from my clothes and stepped in the shower. After about 30 minutes, I finally got out and dried myself off. I put lotion on and put on my undergarments. I then proceeded to put on my outfit.

I went to the bathroom to do quick natural makeup look. I then put my hair in a messy bun. I cleaned up and made sure everything was in place. I left my bag on the bed and sat down checking my phone. It was 3:45pm. I got up and grabbed my purse. I put on my shoes and walked down the stairs. I saw Aubrey standing there waiting on me. I smiled.

"Daaaaamnnnn! Are you sure we're just going to a dinner?" He said biting his lip making me laugh and blush.

"Yes I'm sure." I said playfully rolling my eyes.

"What's the address so I can text it to my driver?" He asked me. I told him the address and we walked outside. His driver opened the door for us and we got in.

"Soooo Mahlani." Aubrey said.

"Soooo Aubrey." I said laughing. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm going on tour in April and I was wondering did you wanna go with me? And open up every show. I know you will be done with your mixtape by then so you can promote it more." He said making me smile.

"Of course! I'd love too!" I told him.

"Okay after the dinner I'll call Oliver and the others over so we can start planning it out." He said and I nodded my head in excitement.

"Alright." My mind started to wander off about the thought of tour. It seemed fun. I'd have my own makeup, hair, and dress stylists. I was so ready. I snapped back into reality when I heard Aubrey calling my name.

"Hm?" I said looking at him.

"I said what are you thinking about."

"I'm just thinking about the thought of going on your. Like it seems so fun, I know it can be stressful, but the thought of being able to perform in front of people that love me and my music..is just breathtaking." I said smiling.

"Yeah it's only the best experience. It can be a little nerve wrecking but it's all worth it. Especially being able to meet your fans and just make their world brighter." He said making me smile even harder. I gasped. "What?" He asked.

"Your birthday is coming up what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I actually don't know...I might not do anything this year." He said shrugging.

"Whatttt? You're turning the big 28, 2 years close to 30 you have to do something. Actually you know what I'm gonna plan something for you." I told him.

"Mahlani, no I'll be fine I promise you don't have to do anything for me." Aubrey said chuckling.

"Nope I'm planning something. End of discussion." I said looking out the window. I realized we were almost at my parents house already. Time flies when you're having really good conversations. We talked for a little bit more and then we finally pulled up to their house. It was 4:45pm, early and on time. Before the driver opened the door, Drake made sure he was disguised because the neighbors over here were nosey as hell. The driver opened up the door and we got out. We walked up to the front door and I rung the doorbell. Milo opened the door and I smiled instantly hugging him.

"Miloooooooo." I said punching him in the stomach.

"Wassup bighead." He said letting us all the way in. Aubrey took off his hat and glasses.

"This is Drake, I'm pretty sure you know, anyways Dr- Aubrey this is my twin brother Milo." I said.

"What's up bro? You can call me Aubrey." Aubrey said dapping Milo up.

"What's up." Milo said. I grabbed Aubrey's hand and we walked further into the house. I went into the kitchen and saw my mom.

"Mommy!" I said.

"Hey baby." She said wiping her hands on a towel and opening her arms for a hug. I went over to her and hugged her.

"Mom, this is Drake." I said. She smiled and gasped.

"You brought my favorite artist in this house? Oooooooh." She said making me shake my head and put my head in my hands.

"It's nice to meet you Ms.Bertilli." Aubrey said flashing his billion dollar smile and holding out his hand. I melted on the inside and looked away.

"Oh boy, call me mama and we don't do handshakes around here." She said pulling him into a hug. He hugged her back while chuckling.

"If that's the case, you can call me Aubrey." He said smiling again. I grabbed his hand again pulling him towards the den. I saw my dad sitting in the love seat and I ran over to him hugging him.

"Hey Dad." I said.

"Hey Lala. I missed you." He said.

"I missed you too dad, I'll try and come over more often." I told him. I saw Hailey and Milano sitting on the couch.

"Hey y'all." I said hugging them both. "How's my favorite niece?" I asked picking Milah up. I looked over at Aubrey and saw him standing there with a awkward smile. I laughed.

"Dad, Hailey, this is Drake." I said.

"But you can call me Aubrey." He said. I smiled. Hailey just stared at him like she couldn't believe he was here and that made me laugh. My dad stood up and gave him a handshake.

"Dang you cute." Milah said staring at Aubrey really hard. Everybody started laughing.

"Little girl hush." Hailey said grabbing Milah from me. I continued to laugh. That was the funniest thing I heard all day. I heard the doorbell and I went to the door seeing it was Koi and DeMun.

"Hey y'all, come in." I hugged Koi and DeMun. I closed and locked the door. They went around to talk to everyone. I smiled. Today was a good day.

"THIS TOO MUCH!" I heard Hailey yell playfully. I laughed. I saw Aubrey, Milo, DeMun, and my Dad go into the backyard.

"Come help me setup the table ladies!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. We all went in there and washed our hands. We started to help setup the table. After about 5 minutes we finally finished and I went to the back door and opened it.

"The food is ready." I sang walking. "And make sure y'all wash y'all's dirty hands." I said glaring at all of them playfully. They started laughing. I washed my hands again since I touched the doorknob. I sat at the table and Aubrey sat next to me. Once everyone was seated, we prepared to say grace.

"If it's okay, I'll say it." Aubrey said.

"Go ahead sweetie." My mom said. We all grabbed hands and bowed our heads.

"Lord thank you for bringing us together. Thank you for letting us all arrive here safely to enjoy each other's company as a family. Thank you for the food that was prepared by Mama and let it be nourishing to our bodies. In Jesus's name, Amen." He said. We all opened our eyes and I couldn't help but smile at him. We started to pass around the food making our plates. Once my plate was made I instantly started to dig in.

"So Mahlani, hows the music coming along?" My dad asked. I finished chewing my food before answering.

"It's actually going really good. I'm working on my upcoming mixtape." I said making everybody gasp. I smiled.

"That's good honey, we are so proud of you." My mom said smiling.

"Thank you mommy." I said. I continued to eat.

"So Aubrey, has Mahlani been being nice to you? Do I need to whoop her?" My mama said making me blush in embarrassment.

"Nope, there was only one incident where she slapped me because I took one of her chicken nuggets." He said playfully rolling his eyes.

"You shouldn't have touched my food. You know I don't play when it comes to my food." I said.

"Mahlani I'm gonna get you when we finish eating." My mom said making everyone laugh. I sighed. I finished with my plate in about 20 minutes and I grabbed a piece of cake not wasting any time to eat it. Once I finished I leaned back on the chair rubbing my stomach.

"I am so full." I said. Aubrey laughed. Me and him were the only ones still at the table. Everybody else went in the den to watch a movie.

"I can tell. You have a food baby." Aubrey said laughing. I laughed with him.

"Leave my food baby alone." I said playfully pouting.

"It's cute." He said still laughing.

I got up and started to clean the table. Aubrey helped me. We went in the kitchen and I started to put up the food in containers while Aubrey washed the dishes. Luckily everybody already took out what they were taking home. My mom had already did it for me and Aubrey when she finished eating. After about 15 minutes of cleaning we finished and I was exhausted.

"Dude I'm tired." I said laying my head on his shoulder.

"I'm not surprised." He said chuckling. My mom walked into the kitchen and smiled at me. You know that smile that your mom gives you when you're around your boyfriend or guy friend. I laughed and prepared myself for what she was about to talk about.

"Can I have a word with Lala really quick Aubrey?" She asked him.

"Yes ma'am." He said walking out the kitchen.

"Soooo Lala. Do you like him? Are y'all talking? Are y'all together? Are y'all doing the nasty." She said rolling her hips making me cringe.

"Maaa! No we are not having sex!" I whispered. "But I do kind of like him...but I don't wanna ruin our friendship and after what happened with Kenneth..I'm too scared to let anyone in." I said truthfully.

"Baby girl, you're so strong you know that? I know what Kenneth did was out of pocket and just damn wrong but you can't be afraid to let anyone in again. You have to grow from that and be able to open up. I can tell Aubrey is a good man and he cares for you. You need to let him know how you feel. Stop pushing him away because I can tell he likes you too." She said. I nodded my head and hugged her.

"Thank you mama." I said smiling. "Do you have some wine?" I said pulling away from the hug and looking in the refrigerator.

"Of course I do." My mama said walking out the kitchen. I grabbed a cup and poured some. I took a sip and I thought it was nasty. I gagged and looked up seeing Aubrey walk in.

"What you sipping on?" He said walking over to me.

"This wine..I don't like it. Here try it." I said handing it to him. He tasted it.

"Hmm I've never had anything like this before but I like it." He said making me make a disgusted face.

"You can have it." I said. A couple hours went by and I was ready to go. Me and Koi were standing on the kitchen talking.

"Call me tomorrow Koi. I have this idea and I'm gonna need your help." I told her.

"Okay boo, I'll see you later! Love you!" She said hugging me then walking out the kitchen.

"Love you too!" I told her. I went to the den and saw Aubrey, Milo, and my Dad talking.

"Aubreyyyy." I dragged out his name sitting next to him.

"What's up Lani?" He asked me.

"I'm ready to go." I yawned.

"Alright let's go then." He said. We said our goodbyes to everybody. I was hugging my mom and she whispered in my ear.

"Remember what I said." I nodded my head.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too baby, bye. Call me when you get home." She said. I nodded my head and we went outside getting in the car. The driver pulled off and I yawned again.

"Can Oliver and the others come tomorrow? I'm really tired." I said laying my head on Aubrey's shoulder.

"Yeah of course." He said. The only thing I remember is falling asleep....

TBC...

I hope you all enjoyed! It's been a while but I finally updated! I hope y'all are staying safe during all this mess going on. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 272 10
๐š ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ ๐จ๐๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ...
8.8K 464 11
๐™‰๐˜ฝ๐˜ผ ๐™”๐™Š๐™๐™‰๐™‚๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™” ๐˜ฝ๐˜ผ๐™Ž๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™†.
82.9K 2.5K 49
She thought she would never leave her current "situation-ship" until she met a well known NBA player that changed her mind.
4K 79 22
It's been a few good years since Luara first listened to The Weeknd's songs and has grew to become one of his fans. When her best friend since childh...