π‚πšπ¦π© πƒπ’π¬πœπ’π©π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞

By blank_makes_u_crazy

{fillie au} In which a group of seniors go on a school trip. Due to an unexpected misstep, two highschool stu... More

⋆Introduction⋆
⋆One⋆
⋆Two⋆
⋆Three⋆
⋆Four⋆
⋆Five⋆
⋆Six⋆
⋆Seven⋆
⋆Eight⋆
⋆Nine⋆
⋆Ten⋆
⋆Eleven⋆
⋆Twelve⋆
⋆Thirteen⋆
⋆Fourteen⋆
⋆Fifteen⋆
⋆Sixteen⋆
⋆Seventeen⋆
⋆Eighteen⋆
⋆Nineteen⋆
⋆Twenty⋆
⋆Twenty-One⋆
⋆Twenty-Two⋆
⋆Twenty-Three⋆
⋆Twenty-Four⋆
⋆Twenty-Five⋆
⋆Twenty-Six⋆
⋆Twenty-Seven⋆
⋆Twenty-Eight⋆
⋆Twenty-Nine⋆
⋆Thank You {a/n}⋆

⋆Thirty⋆

1.7K 56 284
By blank_makes_u_crazy

"𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦?"

...

The last night of Camp for Finn and Millie, was a rollercoaster of emotions, to say the least. The night starting with Millie in weeping, and ending with the words she has never heard expressed towards her in such a way before. Those three words, making all the tears that she had shed worthwhile.

-

The early morning sun infiltrates the room, making Finn squint in defence. He had been awake now for around 20 minutes, solely watching the sleeping Millie in his arms. Her cheek lies against his chest, causing her pillowy lips to purse softly. He looks in between her resting frame and the alarm clock beside him, knowing that their last minutes of being together, are soon to be over.

It pains him that they will never have an opportunity like this to have spent so much uninterrupted time together. At least, not for a long time. Back at home, things are complicated; different.
He doesn't know what will happen to him, more importantly to him and Millie. Are they going to be....together? An official couple?

Finn has feared that the feelings he holds for this girl will suddenly evaporate when he gets back to his daily routine back home.

Nevertheless, last night only proved to him his true feelings. When Iris kissed him, he was furious. Not at her but at himself. Cursing at his utter naiveness and insensitivity. Having never cared who the girl was attached to the lips whom he used to kiss. Finn is disgusted by his past behaviour. Because now, for the first time in his life, he doesn't feel shallow anymore and feeling emotions he had never thought he could experience.

Finn looks back down at the peacefully sleeping figure. Completely infatuated, he smiles.

Finn inhales deeply, yet trying to be as quiet as possible not to wake Millie. All the heavy thoughts leave his mind as he exhales, knowing that not only had his circumstances changed, but so had he. Being here at camp, and most of all, meeting Millie had made him more conscious of his own actions and feelings. He insists that his admiration for her won't leave him with a simple exhale. He will be breathless before ever letting go of these feelings.

He feels Millie start to stretch out and yawn as her eyes slowly open.

"Hey" Finn smiles down at the girl who unknowingly clouds his mind.

She glances around the room, being blinded by the harsh sunlight before her eyes dart back at the curly-headed boy looking down at her.

"How long have you been awake" Millie croaks, stretching her arms out, however remaining against Finn's chest.

"Not long" Finn lies, not wanting to admit how long he had been mindlessly staring at her.

She murmurs, stretching and smiling up at him.

"What" Finn chuckles, lightly tucking her unkempt hair behind her ear.

She giggles into his chest."Youre staring at me."

Finn looks out the window, the heat rising in his cheeks. Denying it would be of more effort, and simply untrue.

"Shut up" Finn grumbles keeping his stare at the window looking onto the glistening lake water.

Millie watches him, smiling goofily at how her simple words affect him. Nonetheless, she feels bad for making him feel ashamed.

"Hey!" Millie mumbles sweetly tugging at one of Finn's stray curls. He can't help but look down at the girl whos bottom lip is pushed out in a pout.

"Im sorry." Millie smiles. "Besides, I like it when you stare at me."

Finn laughs, shaking his head.

Millie, however, keeps her eyes on his, pushing herself up on him to connect their lips.

Finn sighs into the short yet intimate kiss. Millie pulls back, grinning as she notices that he is smiling ear to ear.

Mission accomplished.

She retreats to the comfortable spot reserved for her on his chest, not wanting to leave anytime soon.

Millie can't really believe her luck. She arrived here seven days ago, not expecting much from it. And if she's completely honest, she wasn't exactly looking forward to it either.

Nevertheless, coming here and growing close to so many new people, has changed her. She never thought that she would click so well with Lilia, or laugh about stupid memes with Caleb and Gaten as loud and genuinely as she did. Nevertheless, what surprises her the most was meeting Finn. Although she had seen him around school, she was able to meet the guy beneath the soccer jersey and without the influence of peoples stereotypical views of him. He has taught her, how it feels to be cared about. In a different way. A special way.

It seems too good to be true, and as she feels Finn's hand softly brush through her hair. She remembers the words he had told her the night before. "I think falling in love with you."

She smiles.

No.

But that isnt all he said.

Millie's eyes reopen widely as she notices the visible holes in her passive memory. "And Im fucking terrified."

"What?" Finn chuckles, noticing Millie's questioning glance.

She takes a further second to process her thoughts.

What did he mean by that? What is he afraid of?

"last night" Millie starts, causing Finn to automatically sit up straighter.

Millie sits up, crossing her legs and looking down at her hands. Both of their bodies now left cold without being near to each other.

"Why did you say you were terrified."

Finns eyebrows furrow, not catching on. "Of what?"

"Of-"

Millie looks up to meet Finn's confused eyes. "Of falling in love with me."

Finn looks down as soon as the words leave her lips. "Um..."

And just as Millie waits for the answer she so desperately wants the dreaded alarm sounds.

-

"I swear I've gotten so little sleep because of your snoring!" Noah groans as an offended Gaten, crosses his arms. The teens were now at their final breakfast at camp, with the mood having been pretty depleted, which lead to Noah thinking of the brilliant idea to share the thing he wouldn't miss.

"Oh come on" Gaten mumbles.

The rest of the teens sitting with them laugh, Millie rolls her eyes, at the fact that Noah always finds something to complain about.

Millie, however noticing that Iris is nowhere to be seen.

"I think snoring is cute" Lilia shrugs. Millie smiles, as she watches Gatens tense glare leave him, as his girlfriend reassured him that she doesnt mind Noahs comment. They truly are adorable.

Noah notices the tension he has caused as he pats Gaten softly on the back. "Just kidding man im going to miss having you as my bunkie."

"Awww" Caleb starts as the rest of the group breaks into laughter.

Millie watches the two friends hug, as the boy opposite her unknowingly watches her.

Finn watches her laugh, his stomach filling with uncomfortable butterflies. He as well would miss his bunkmate. All that they have experienced and discovered while being practically inseparable. He hates knowing that it will be over soon.

Millie's soft eyes meet his, causing him to redirect his gaze as her smile diminishes quickly.

Finn wants to punch himself in the face, for leaving them in an awkward state. This morning when the alarm rang, they didn't address Millies prior question, acting as if it never came up. Nonetheless, they are both very aware of it.

To be quite honest, Finn isnt precisely sure what he meant when he said he was afraid of falling in love with Millie. He was so wrapped up in thought and his emotions. Finn can't help but wonder at times if he's being naïve. How is he sure about what he is feeling? How could this happen so quickly? Is it really.... love?

Finn looks back up to see Millie smiling again as her and Sadie chat. However, he quickly realises that her smile isn't genuine that her eyes are filled with hopelessness.

Seeing her so upset, although she is doing her best to conceal it, makes him want to grab her away from everyone else and console her. He understands why camp has been so beneficial and different to him. It's because of her.

Finn knows its something more anything he has felt before. And he needs to reassure her of that. That although this all may be new to him and a little daunting, he will do whatever it takes, to keep their bond strong.

-

The kids finish breakfast quickly, not having much time to pack up before the bus comes. They walk down the cobblestone path talking with one another as they walk together to their cabins to pack their stuff. The mood is saddened, as they listen to the newly arriving campers, relishing over the beautiful water and atmosphere that they are about to embellish. That was them just less than a week ago, and just like that, they are packing up to leave.

Millie watches them, wishing she were able to turn back the clock and relive this week of her life. And although she has gone through enough shit to last a lifetime, she wouldn't have had it anyway.

The shit she dealt with has moulded her into a completely different person. Millie isnt is quite sure who this person is yet. Nevertheless, she feels more herself than ever before. By connecting with all of her friends on a deeper level, and of course, meeting Finn. All of this, she hopes, won't lose itself in their lives back home.

-

"Finn, can I talk to you?" Iris speaks nervously to Finn, whos tranquillizing train of thought had just been interrupted.

"O-oh yeah sure" He quickly answers, moving away from the group of teens and signalling to them that they will catch up with them later.

Once they were far enough away for anyone to overhear their conversation, Iris turned to Finn inhaling deeply.

"Finn Im really sorry about what happened last night" Iris starts.

"I was so drunk, and I-I really dont know what got into me"

Finn sighs in relief, happy that he didn't need to be the one to confront her about the occurrence of last night.

"Its alright Iris, really." Finn smiles.

She smiles in return. "I would really like to start over."

Finn, surmising that she wants to have a clean sweep with their friendship, allowing them to forget the night before, nod in agreement.

"Yes, for sure."

Iris smiles back, smiling down at the ground before looking back up at Finn.

Finn feels a discomfort arise the longer they share eye contact. He chuckles nervously scratching his neck.

"Well, I think we should probably get back to the oth-"

However, Finn can't finish his statement, as he is cut off by Iris' lips against his.

-

"I can't believe we are leaving" Sadie groans as she walks with Millie. Lilia had decided to go back with Gaten to help him pack, as well as Caleb who they dropped off at his cabin. They had around an hour. Sixty minutes until this is all over, and they are on their way back reality.

"Yeah, me either" Millie sighs, her eyes scanning their surrounds, trying to take in the atmosphere for as long as possible.

Sadie decided to walk Millie to her cabin, having noticed that something was up with her best friend.

"Hey, I didn't see you after the party last night. Did anything happen?"

Millie sighs. "Yeah well, I kind of found the room Romeo had me in and kind of had a panic attack."

"Oh my god, Millie" Sadies eyes go wide, as the feeling of regret and guilt fills her. "Im so sorry I should have stayed by your side."

Millie laughs lightly, instantaneously relieved some of Sadies tension. "It's completely fine."

Millie looks down at the ground, unintentionally smiling. "Finn found me."

Sadie raises her eyebrow a smirk growing on her face. "Oh, of course, your night in shining armour came to your rescue."

Millie watches her friend, laughing and shaking her head at her statement, however feeling obliged to let her know about her and Finn since she soon hopes for it not to be a secret.

Millie took a deep breath in before beginning to rant to her best friend, starting with all the moments Finn and she had shared eye contact for longer than normal, leading up to when she kissed him, revealing that she had feelings for him as well.

"Wow" Sadie states watching her friend curiously.

"And I thought my trip was exciting."

Millie laughs, rolling her eyes. "I thought you would be more surprised."

Sadie raises her eyebrows knowingly as she eyes Millie.

"Girl come on, it's so obvious, just the way he looks at you, he looks at you as if he is madly in love with you"

Sadie quickly notices the silence left after her comment, seeing Millie looking down at the cobblestone path as they continue to walk, with a light blush rising on her cheeks.

"No!!" Sadie yells laughingly.

"He told you he loves you?!"

"Shhh keep it down Sadie" Millie whisper not wanting her private conversation to be open for anyone to hear.

She looks up at Sadie smiling. "Maybe..."

"What do you mean maybe?"

Millie exhales deeply. "Last night, after finding me in Romeo's room"

Sadie watches her friend, motioning her to continue. "Well, he told me he thinks that he's falling in love with me."

Sadie squeals, jumping towards Millie and wrapping her arms around her.

"Are you serious oh my god."

"That was fast" Sadie laughs. She releases Millie, quickly noticing the missing grin on her face.

"but he said he was terrified."

Sadie laughs, taking both of Millie's hands and squeezing them comfortingly. "Mills, of course, he's scared, big Finn Wolfhard isnt used to feeling all warm and mushy inside." She smirks.

"I dont know" Millie starts slowly. "It just worries me."

"Then talk to him" Sadie pats her friend on the back.

Millie stares down at the ground, as she and Sadie release their embrace.

"Millie he really cares about you, that won't change."

Millie smiles at her best friend. "Thank you, Sadie."

"So anyways" Sadie asserts, knowing how to change the atmosphere around them. "Back to you."

"Did you tell him that you loved him back?"

Millie shrugs letting Sadie scream, causing both of the girls to giggle as they near Millie's cabin.

-

Finn quickly moves away from Iris' lips, leaving both of their faces in a state of shock.

"Iris, what was that?" Finn asserts, holding his head in his hands.

"I-Im sorry Finn" Iris quickly states. "Im such an Idiot." She murmurs to herself. "Such a fucking Idiot."

"No no Iris stop" Finn stops her. "Your a great girl really, it's just that I.. I really like someone."

Iris nods understandingly. "Its Millie isnt it."

"Im really sorry Iris" Finn starts before begin cut off by Iris.

"I get it really; I should probably get back to packing."

"O-okay" Finn answers, seeing however that Iris is already too far away to hear his response.

He feels terrible for rejecting her so harshly; nevertheless, he wouldn't dare. Finn knows now that he doesnt want to kiss just any girl. Instead, there is only one girl in the world he wants to kiss. And thinking about anyone else having her as theirs makes his hands clench together in fists in jealousy.

He finally understands it, its love. He loves her. In a way that makes him want to scream it from the rooftops to let the entire world feel the strong force of affection. While at the same time, wanting to keep the sacred feeling for himself.

He understands now what he was afraid of, and he needs to tell her. Reassure her that it has nothing to do with her, but with himself.

-

Millie continues to pack her clothes, having decided to help with Finns stuff as he hasn't come back yet.

Where is he?

Millie didn't let the thoughts of him doing anything with Iris infiltrate her, as she decides that though she has been cheated on before, she feels it is different with Finn. She trusts him.

Once having picked up their last few items, she carries the bags into the hallway, slugging them behind her and wondering how much shit they packed for one week. She looks out of the living window, admiring the shimmering lake which she knows she will need to say goodbye to too soon.

She places the bags by the front door and turns back towards their room to get the rest of their luggage. Just as Millie was turning the corner, she hears the front door swing open.

"I love you."

Millie turns as she hears that familiar deep voice.

She smiles softly when seeing Finn standing in their doorway.

He is breathing heavily from running over to talk to her. His cheeks are tinted red, and a few of his messy curls are glued to his forehead.

"And yes, I am fucking terrified."

He stays standing in the doorway, needing to let out all his emotions right at this moment.

"Im terrified that when I get back home, my asshole self will come back to me and I-I."

Millie hears him choke on his words, clearly overwhelmed with emotions.

"I-m scared to hurt you" So overcome with his own emotions,  he starts to feel tears form in his eyes.

"And I know" He sighs trying to contain himself. "I know we haven't known each other for very long, but I know that I-"

He isn't able to finish his sentence as Millie runs up to him, embracing him a warm hug. He exhales in relief as he holds her tight. Millie moves her hand over his back, trying to help even out his rapid breathing.

She pulls away before quickly connecting their lips.

"I get it" Millie speaks as she disconnects their lips, tracing Finn's jawline with her finger. He smiles softly.

"But we will make it work okay" Millie states before chuckling softly. "Well, whatever this is."

Finn notices something at that moment, making his heartrate beat fast again.

"Millie will you be my girlfriend."

Millie stares at Finn in shock. However, her reaction quickly turns into a burst of laughter.

Finn is slightly confused by her reaction. "Will you?"

She stops laughing, turning her head to watch him questionable. "Hmmm"

"Of course Finnie."

He smiles, pulling her close to kiss her once more.

It feels as if his entire stay here at camp has led up to this moment. The moment where he finally understands who he wants to be, who he wants to be for himself and also for Millie. And though they've had their miscommunications and arguments over this short period of time, in the same time they were able to form a bond, deep enough for him to know exactly what he wants and who he wants to be. Somebody good. Good enough for himself to be proud of. And good enough for Millie.

"Hey, lovebirds!" The intimate moment is intruded by a voice calling from outside of their cabin. They both jolt in surprise, seeing Ms.Byres standing with her hands resting on her hips.

"The bus is waiting. Let's go." She continues to walk along to the next cabin, allowing Millie and Finn to breathe out a sigh of relief. Both not wanting to have been ridiculed by their teacher.

"Let's go then" Finn states, picking his luggage up.

Millie nods in agreement before following after Finn. They both stand infront of the door, turning around to examine the cabin, that had been their safe space during this stay. They will both miss it; nevertheless, the memories they made here will follow them, and the best thing they got out of it, was finding each other. And that very thing they will take with them, and hold on to for as long as possible.

...

{a/n}

Hey guys!!

Its been a hot minute since I've last updated, and I just want to thank yall for being so supportive of me taking time off to focus on school

Theories for the next chapter?

Have a great day, stay safe and see ya in the next one ;)

xxx

- m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705K 33.5K 57
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.1M 109K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
692 95 24
Skylar,a teenage girl who has been constantly abused by her father, Lawrence since her mother's death. Now,meet Octavian your not so typical Badboy...
83.7K 2.1K 46
While falling in love with The Architect, Becky Lynch must go against her abusive ex to prove to Rollins that their relationship is worth fighting fo...