Iris: Child of prophecy

By obliviousstudent

Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She... More

Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter Nine
author's note
Chapter ten.
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty: Moon Goddess.
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter Twenty-nine.
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter Thirty two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four.
Chapter Thirty five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty seven: Witchcraft
Thirty eight.
Chapter Thirty-nine.
Chapter Forty.
Final authors note

Chapter Twenty-two

1.7K 47 2
By obliviousstudent

"Iris, what is the plan?" Aria whispered to me as we walked back to where the cars were.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, last time I saw you alive and breathing," she teased. "You were vehement on not being with Alpha Malik. Now we are just going back?"

The question I was trying to avoid. The entire thought, actually. I was silent, as looked up at his back, his muscular back. The way his muscles flexed and how good his butt looked in those jeans. I gulped. He could probably hear this conversation, right?

"I mean, I would love it if you accepted the fate the moon goddess has given you. She always knows best. You don't want to fight the moon. Your mate isn't perfect, but neither are you. But I can certainly see that he loves you." Aria's voice sounded distant to me. Like she was far away even when our arms were intertwined.

What do I want? I am scared, never actually thought of this. The only thing I could think of since I met Malik was how to get away from him. Now I was marked and linked to him. I couldn't run away. He wouldn't let me. So what does that mean? The Moon Goddess said I should let myself be happy. Is this going to bring me happiness? Mother always said love makes you weak, which is why we witches didn't have mates, well all except me. Add that to all the reasons I was different, and why I was discriminated against (not that anyone knew at the time). I can't let anyone get hurt because of my curse. I won't be able to live through that.

"Iris you're riding with me," Malik shouted from the side of a black jeep, pulling me from my thoughts. I walked to him and he held out his hands to help me in. I swatted it away.

"I'm a big girl. I can do it myself." He shook his head and opened my door. After I stepped in, he walked to the driver's side and got in. I put on my seat belts and he started the car and drove out the borders of the silver moon pack, or whatever the name of the pack was. I want nothing more than to never come back here again.

At first, there was so much silence it was so awkward. I could tell he wanted to tell me something, but he didn't say it.

I shifted in my seat, looking straight ahead. My palms were wet, so I put them flat on my thighs, moving them up and down my pants to dry them.

"Stop doing that," his voice was low but very commanding. "It's distracting," he muttered.

I smiled. "What? Am I affecting you?"

"Don't act like am the only one feeling this pull, this frustrating want, this bond." His knuckle tightened around the steering.

"Me?" I touched my chest. "No, no," I shook my head.

"Oh?" He smiled. The car slowed down until we stopped.

"Why are you stopping? In the middle of nowhere?" I asked. He turned to look at me. His eyes were getting brighter. Honestly, I didn't understand how he was so different. Normal wolves' eyes get darker at their beasts approaching. His got brighter.

"Maybe because the beast in me isn't my wolf," he replied. I shivered. That sounded so sexual, well, to me. Because my stupid body reacted.

He took off his seat belt and turned to me. I retreated until my back was touching the door. "Stay back!" I held my hands in front of my face.

"Why? I don't affect you," he smiled. Son of a bitch! "You don't feel anything when I do this." his hand settled on my knees, then his fingers pushed his palm up. He started walking with his index and middle fingers on my laps up to my thighs. My breathing stopped, and my gaze settled on his approaching hand. It felt as if fire burnt where he touched. Only this fire made me want to throw myself into his arms.

He lifted my chin with the other hand, forcing me to look into his eyes. My lips parted on their own as I looked from his eyes to his lips. He growled, removing my seat belt. I looked at his hands as they removed the belts from my body. I felt all kinds of emotions. It was so exhilarating. It was exhausting.

"So you faked feeling relief when you saw me beside you when you woke up? The distress you felt when you left me? Or the thought of my ass looking good?" My eyes widened. He is in my head! That is it. OMG! How much did he hear? Before I could think all these thoughts, I was in his arms being pulled to him. I fell on top of his body so awkwardly that one of my legs had to wrap around his brawny thighs, so I was straddling him. I fell flat against his chest, and he held me down in an awkward hug. He was sniffing my hair and neck. Just his nose and I was like putty in his hands. Too overwhelmed by all the sizzling stimulations he elicited from his contact with me, I struggled to get away.

"Iris, don't do that. I only have so much control." He breathed in my ear.

His hold on me loosened, and his arms fell to my waist. I sat up and put my arms on his very firm chest. Our gazes settled on each other.

"So this is how to shut you up?" He chuckled. "You haven't said a word in about thirty seconds."

"What are you trying to prove, huh?" I raised my chin.

"Oh, nothing at the moment. I already proved what I wanted to, now I'm just holding my mate close," he winked at me. Okay, that does it. I tried to move off his lap. His arms held me steady.

He held my chin and pulled me gently to him. "What's the rush?" He cooed.

Okay, then I am done being embarrassed and flustered. Before he said another word, I slammed my lips onto his. Smiling against his widened eyes as mine fluttered close. My hands found their way around his defined and strong jaws, and I deepened the kiss. Pushing myself further into his arms when he responded and since his arms wrapped around my waist. The kiss was no longer mine, despite my effort to dominate this. The moment his tongue touched mine, I swear I saw stars. My head would have rolled back from the overload in my brain if he had left me to break the kiss. Our lips slanted over each other and the heat rising was so hot, yet so pleasurable. I desired to be burned. Because though it was supposed to remain a tease, I couldn't pull away. It felt too good! His finger pushed in between locks of my hair and he held me there right against his lips, suddenly I fell hard against his hard chest. Our kiss broke in my shock. We no longer sat vertical, no I was completely flat on top of him and nothing felt hotter.

I just looked at him. He didn't look as affected as I did. He smiled. Before I knew it, he flipped us. Being careful to not hit the steering. He pushed the seat back and rested himself in between my legs, one hand beside my head holding himself up, the other on my thigh. Dangerously close to my butt. He placed his head on mine. His breath on leaving kisses of their own against my cheek, massaging my nose. He kissed me again. I squirmed under him, adjusting. He broke the kiss and flipped us back. He placed me in my seat and pulled his chair back up. I pouted, that was disappointing. The way he controlled the entire situation just left me feeling so hot and... I will not finish that sentence.

"Don't look at me like that," he grinned as he started the car. "This is neither the time and place for all the dirty thoughts you're thinking of my superwoman."

I folded my arms and huffed as we moved. "Don't worry, in due time, love," he laughed.

I scratched the back of my neck until my palms came to the mark on my neck. It wasn't very visible because I had healed it was a small scar now, but it was there. I suddenly got very angry. "How was it possible that I couldn't breathe when I left the pack?"

"I'm sure you already know, I marked you," he sounded very smug.

I really am trying not to blow up and he is just blowing on the flame. "It doesn't make any sense, since when is breathing an issue?"

"Since I said so?"

There was no way he wasn't feeling my annoyance. I am a part wolf. After all, we needed next to nothing to get us annoyed. The son of a bitch is just choosing to ignore it. I fisted my palms, breathing hard.

"So you not gonna give me an answer? Is that it?"

"Nothing I say is going to make you less furious," he stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh? Since you know that, what do you have to lose?" I asked calmly.

"Iris, let's not play this game. Just yell if you want to, okay?"

I smiled. I see I'm unnerving him. He isn't used to my rational, calm, angry self. Smart guy, never take an angry woman that isn't shouting for granted.

"No, not today. I just want to know why you marked me in the first place. And why you tried to kill me as well."

He ran his hand through his hair. "Can we talk about this some other time? We need to be in the pack by nightfall. And because of a certain rendezvous, we are already off schedule."

"Hmmm, okay." I leaned back in the sit. I could feel his eyes on me as I stared outside the window, watching the trees as they ran in the opposite direction.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Hmmm" was all I gave him. I refused to speak throughout the entire ride. The sun moved under and gave way to the moon. I made sure to think of every way, every scenario that would make him mad. I had to give it to him. He had self-control, although I'm sure the wheel took the brunt of the anger. By the time we were at the pack house, we were both fuming.

When the car stopped, I got out immediately and walked into the pack house. Aria was right there to welcome me. "What took you guys so long?"

The image of our heated session in the car came back to mind and I unintentionally blushed. She smiled, "I'm gonna need deets"

"Iris, upstairs now!" Malik spat, walking past us into the pack house and heading upstairs.

"Ooh, some other time I guess," she winked at me. I had other plans and listening to Malik was not one of them, neither was talking about my kiss with Aria. I nodded and walked into the pack house. Heading into the kitchen, I went to make myself a sandwich. He could go to hell for all I care. Who was he to command me, anyway? After Malik's outburst, everyone had pretty much left for their individual houses.

"Luna? Is that you?" A familiar voice came from the door.

"Madame Louis?" She nodded.

"Come, child, let me look at you. I'm so glad you're back. For once that mate of yours did something right." She held her hands out to me. Child, huh? I don't think I've ever heard anyone call me that. I was pretty sure I was older than she was, but hey who's counting? Besides, her hair was already white, and I couldn't tell anyone who I was. I wonder if she would still like me.

I walked to her and let her squeeze me in a warm hug. "What are you doing here? Are you hungry?" I nodded.

"I was about to make a sandwich. Do you want one?"

"I'll make it, Luna."

"No, I insist." She nodded and went to sit on the bench beside the kitchen counter. We sat together, laughing and eating.

"Are you kidding me?!" Malik's voice boomed from the door. Madame Louis was immediately up, bowing and showing her neck. I sat there licking the melted chocolate off my hand. I stared right into his eyes.

"I told you to come upstairs almost thirty minutes ago. Did you not hear me?" His voice became chilling and cold. It didn't phase me, and thirty minutes? How petty. He didn't have the right to make demands.

"I heard you, but I choose to ignore you." I clasped my hands together and smiled.

He was furious, obviously. He walked toward me and grabbed my hand, tugging on it. I struggled to get my hands out of his grip. He was much stronger than I couldn't deny. He pulled me upstairs, paying no attention to my insults and pleas. He shoved me into the room. I fell on all fours because of the force.

"Now where were we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
19.1K 1.9K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...
953K 24.4K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
358K 16.8K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...