The Arrangement

By PunkRockPenguin

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? What happens when you wake up in Vegas married? Well, you try... More

The Arrangement
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue

Chapter 37

132K 4.2K 232
By PunkRockPenguin

Ladies and gentlemen, your patience is appreciated.  I update when it's ready, please keep that in mind!  Anywhoosers, my darlings, here is the anticipated next chapter!  I haven't edited yet, but please enjoy!  <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 37

I woke up to the warm weight of Trent against my back.  In his sleep he’d wrapped an arms around my waist and his leg was tangled with mine.  I tried to carefully disentangle myself but all I managed was to rouse Trent enough for his arm to tighten.  

“Why are you awake?  It’s early.” Trent groaned.

“Let me up,”

“No,” Trent pulled me closer.  “You’re on vacation.  You are not getting up before the sun.”

“Sunrise was a while ago, besides on I’m on Eastern Time.” 

Trent groaned and pulled me under him.  “You’re not getting out of this bed.” Trent grinned down at me.  

I raised an eyebrow, but put up no protest as Trent found my hands and brought them above my head. Trent dipped his head to kiss me.  His lips trailed from my lips to my neck and a few little whimpers escaped my lips.

Trent pulled me into a sitting position and then pulled my shirt over my head. “If you insist upon being awake, I can think of more fun things we can do in bed.” Trent breathed against my ear and I shivered.

“Trent,” I squirmed under him.

“Yes?” Trent purred as his hands found the places I was sensitive on my torso.

“Stop,” I groaned as I squirmed under his touch.

“Why?”

“Because, let me up.”

Trent shook his head.  “Not yet,” Trent continued to tease me and I felt the desire pool low in my belly.  “Let me make you feel good,”   Trent kissed down my chest and stomach.

“Can’t we just get up like normal people?” I panted as I squirmed under him.

“Why are you fighting me on this?”

“I don’t want to do this right now.” 

Trent sighed and let his weight fall on top of me.  “Why not?”

“Trent, I can’t breathe,” I groaned as I tried to shove him off of me.  He groaned right back and wrapped himself around me.  “What are you doing?”

Trent propped himself up on his elbows and stared at me.  “Trying to understand you.  Why do you want to get up so bad?”

“Did you ever think that maybe I have to pee?”

“Do you?”

“Kind of.” I nodded.  “Especially when you’re deadweight is weighing on my bladder.”

Trent smiled and shook his head.  “You really are like no other woman I’ve ever met.”  Trent gave me one last kiss on the lips before he rolled off of me.

I got up and felt his eyes on me.  “Quit staring.  It unnerves me.” I admitted as I retreated into the bathroom.  I washed my face and bushed my teeth.  Honestly, Trent was as much of an enigma to me as I seemed to be to him.  I could not understand him.  Then again, I’d been trying to figure out his motive, not him.  It was nearly six months since we met and this entire time I’d been trying to find his angle.  I hadn’t found it.  Maybe it wasn’t there at all and I was just paranoid.

I sighed and went back to face him.  I let out a startled cry when I opened the door and there was Trent leaning in the doorframe.

“Why are you always doing that?”

“Doing what?”

“You’re always just, there!  Wherever I am, it’s weird.”

“Sweetheart, you’re twenty feet away from our bed in our bathroom.  I hardly think it’s weird.”

“You’re weird.” I laughed.  

“You done stalling?”

“Stalling?”

“Yes.  You do this every time you don’t know what to do.  You run and try to compose yourself.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing.” Trent shook his head.  “Just a habit I’ve picked up on.”

“Well, stop.”

“Stop what?”

“Being so observant.  It’s weird.” I let out a nervous laugh.

“Is it?  Or are you just nervous because someone can finally see through your walls?” Trent asked as one of his hands traced my face.

“Both.” I admitted as I gulped.

“Why do I make you so nervous?”

“Because Trent, I’ve trusted you with just about everything.”

Trent gave me a soft smile before he pulled me against him.  His arms wrapped his arms around me.  “I know.” he whispered.  “I don’t deserve it, but like the greedy bastard I am, I want it.” Trent pulled back just enough to look me in the eye.  “I do love you.”

“I know.” I nodded.  Part of me wanted to say the words back to him, but I didn’t know how.  I wasn’t even sure I could say it back and be completely honest.  I leaned up an kissed his cheek.  “We’ll figure it out, I guess.”

Trent smiled down at me.  “Thank you.” Trent scooped me up.  “You’re better with words than me,” Trent admitted as he walked us over to the bed and laid me down.  “That’s why I try to show you how I feel.” Trent covered my body with his.  “It’s the best way I know how.”

I nodded.  “Okay.”

“Okay?” Trent looked up, his expression surprised.

I nodded again.  “Okay.” I repeated.

Trent wasted no time.  His lips met mine, a gentle persuasion.  It was gentle and passionate.  And I let him have his way.  In spite of all his faults, Trent had some redeeming qualities.  Moments like this morning, there was a crack in his facade.  There was an uncertainty to him.  His cocky front came down with me.  He wasn’t completely secure.  I was a puzzle to him.  I didn’t react the way he expected me to.  I kind of liked that.

Trent and I were both still naked and he was spooning me.  His hands playing with a few long tendrils of my hair.  “You know you’re beautiful, don’t you?”

I felt the blush creep up and the smile I couldn’t keep off my face.  “No, but I like hearing you tell me.”

“How do you not?” Trent murmured.

I turned in his arms.  “Considering you’re the only one who tells me that.” I scoffed.  “Besides I’m average.  I blend in.  I’m nothing special, nothing spectacu - ”

I was cut off by Trent placing a finger across my lips.  “You’re not allowed to talk like that about yourself.  Didn’t your mother ever tell you if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all.  Stop being so mean to yourself.  Tell me something you think is good about yourself.”

I stared up at him confused.  “What?”

“You heard me.  I want to hear you say something nice about yourself.  What do you like about yourself?”

“I, well, um,” I had to think about that.  “I’m smart.”

“Yes, you are.  What else?”

I shrugged.  “Let’s change the subject.”

“Sure, tell me one more think you like about yourself first.  Then we can talk about anything else you want.”

“This is stupid.”

“I disagree.” Trent swept my hair away from my face when someone knocked on the door.

“Are you guys naked?” Maddy called.  “Cause I’m opening the door.”

Trent pulled the sheets higher up over me.  “Go away,” Trent growled as Maddy opened the door.

“You had all night to screw each other’s brains out.  Get up.  Dad’s getting the boat ready and he sent me to get you.  Put some clothes on and get ready.” Maddy teased, a grin on her face like the Cheshire cat.  “If not, Dad will be in next.”  Maddy left and closed the door behind her.  

Trent sighed and cupped my face with his hand.  “We’ll have to continue this later.” Trent gave me a gentle kiss and pulled away.  “Come on, you were the one anxious to get up anyway.” Trent stood and I looked away.  “Are you embarrassed to see me naked?” Trent mused, glancing over his shoulder.

I felt the heat creep over my face.  “Shut up,”

“Your innocence is adorable.”  Trent pulled on his pants before he retreated into the bathroom.   

I sighed and flopped against the bed before reaching for my underwear and pulling them on and grabbing a bra from my bag.  I grabbed a change of clothes and waited for the bathroom.  Trent opened the door and his eyes appraised me and I felt the heat in my cheeks.  “Stop staring.” I hissed as I brushed past him.  He let me.

I put on a tank top and a pair of shorts.  I opened the door to see a smirking Trent.  “You ready?”

I nodded.  “Sure.”

“Let’s go.” Trent grabbed my hand and started pulling me behind him down.  Sure enough Donovan had everyone packing up.  His adoring granddaughter was in his arms, her head on his shoulder.  

“So you’re staying with Natalie?” I heard him as Nick.

“Yeah, I appreciate you taking Chas.  It’ll give us some time.” Nick smiled.  “Oh look who it is.” He winked at Trent and me.  “Did you guys get any sleep?”

“Of course.” Trent threw his arm across my shoulders and pulled me closer.  “But just not much.”

Donovan’s eyes narrowed on me.  “Are you ready?”

“Yes,” Trent answered.

“Good, we’re leaving now.”

We all piled up into Donovan’s Escalade and he drove down to the lake.  Apparently the Hastings were meeting us there.  Maddy was absorbed in her phone in the very back.  Trent had his arm across the back of the seat and around my shoulders.  We were in the middle with Chastity right next to me.  She was chattering happily with her grandparents.  Donovan was paying attention to her, but I kept catching his eye studying me in the rearview mirror.  It unnerved me.

Helena was entertaining her granddaughter, but mostly quiet.  I felt uncomfortable and scrutinized.  This would be interesting.

When we got to the lake, the Hastings were already there.  Glenn was readying the boat.    It looked like it would comfortably fit ten to twelve.  I noticed Maddy immediately went to see Jonathan.  She whispered something to him and I noticed his cheeks turn pink.  It was cute.  Maddy was a very forward girl, I could only imagine what she said.

“Good morning,” Ellen smiled warmly at everyone.  “Glenn, why don’t you help Don get everything on the boat.”

“Sure, dear.”

“Come here, Chastity,” Helena called, sunblock in her hands.  “Let’s get some sunscreen on you and put on your vest.”

“I’m a big girl.  I don’t wanna vest.” Chastity pouted.

“You have to wear a vest or you don’t go on the boat.” Helena’s tone gave no room for argument.

I saw that pout on her face as her eyes got watery and that bottom lip trembled.  I saw a tantrum about to happen.  “Helena!” I called, leaving the safety of Trent’s side.

“Yes?” Helena asked, raising an eyebrow at me. 

“I know we all wear vests, right?”

She looked at me like I was an idiot.  “Is there a point to this?”

I knelt down in front of Chastity.  “Chastity, everyone is wearing a vest.  Do you want to know why?” Chastity nodded shyly.  “Because they’re cool.  When you’re in the water, they make you float.  Isn’t that cool?” Chastity shrugged and hid behind Helena’s legs.  “Plus, I’m pretty sure yours is the pretty pink princess vest, isn’t that right, Helena?”

“Yes, hers is pink.”

“Isn’t pink your favorite color?”  Chastity nodded.  “You get a cooler vest than I do.  You get the princess vest and mine is just yellow.  Don’t you think that’s special?”

“What?” Trent was suddenly kneeling next to me.  “You mean I don’t get the princess vest?” Trent pouted.  “Chastity, doesn’t Uncle Trent get the princess vest?”

Chastity giggled and shook her head.  “No, that one’s mine.”

“I think I should get the princess vest.”

“Nana, where’s my vest?” Chastity giggled looking up expectantly at Helena.

Helena nodded at us as she picked up Chastity.  Trent stood and brought me up with him.

“You’re brilliant.” He whispered.  “How did you know to do that?”

I shrugged.  “Everyone wants to feel special.  If I made the vest the thing that made her feel special, she’d fight to wear it not fight to keep it off.  Kids aren’t logical, they’re emotional.”

Trent smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.  “You’re special.”

“Shut up,” I laughed, but there was a stupid smile on my face anyway.

It wasn’t long before we were on the water.  It was nice and warm today.  Glenn and Donovan took turns captaining the boat and the kids took turns on the inner tube behind the boat.  We were lounging in the sun when out of no where I felt hands underneath me.  

“Huh, what?”

“Hang on!” Trent shouted.  I felt him run and jump.  Shit.  This again.  I closed my eyes and held my breath as I felt the cold water rush up to meet me.  I clawed for the surface and glared as Trent surfaced.  

“I hate when you do that.”

“I know.” Trent grinned.

“Then why did you do it?” I snapped.

“Well,” Trent swam closer and wrapped his arms around me.  “I want some privacy for one.” Trent whispered as he kissed me.  “For another, you’re adorable when you’re angry.” Trent kissed down my neck and I squirmed, but couldn’t escape his grip.  “Not to mention when you’re all wet, it leaves little to my imagination and I start imagining all the wicked things I want to do to you.”

“Okay, stop!” I cut him off there and put my hands on his chest kicking hard to keep my head above water.  

Trent grinned.  “Now you’re thinking about it too.”

“Shut up!” I dunked his head underwater.  I should have known better.

I felt something grab my ankle and pull me under.  When I surfaced Trent was laughing.  “You’re such a butt!” I snapped.

“A butt?”

“Uncle Trent!” Chastity called from a few feet above us.  “Catch me!” Chastity jumped off and Trent swam to her and pulled her up.  

“What a big jump!” Trent praised.  

“You’re a butt.” Chastity giggle.

“What?” 

“That’s what Aunt Mika-ya called you.”

“Yes, she did.” Trent looked right at me, a smug smirk on his face.  “Aunt Mikaela, would you like to explain why that’s not a nice thing to call someone.”

I rolled my eyes.  “Chastity, don’t call Uncle Trent a butt.”

“You did.” Chastity pouted.

“I did.” I sighed.  Thank God it wasn’t a worse word she learned.  “But as his niece you’re not allowed to call him those kind of names.  I’m his wife, so I get to call him different nicknames.  He’s Uncle Trent to you.”

“Why do you get to call him other names?”

“Does your Mommy and Daddy call each other special names?”

“Like what?”

“Like darling or baby or sweetheart.”

“Yeah,”

“Because when people are married, sometimes they call each other special names.”

“Like butt?”

I nodded.  “Like butt.”

“Is it cause you love each other?”

I smiled down at the precious little girl Trent had in his arms.  “Yeah, cause we love each other.”

“Oh, Uncle Trent?”

“Yes, sweetheart?”

“Do you call me special names because you love me?”

“Yes, I do.”

“What do you call Aunt Mika-ya?”

“Mikae-la.” Trent corrected.  “I call her beautiful, and baby, and sweetheart.”

“Just like me?”

“That’s cause you are a sweetheart.” Trent kissed her cheek as he lazily floated on his back and positioned Chastity on his stomach.  “Now, princess, what are we going to do with you next?”

The day was spent lazily on the water.  It was nice.  When we were driving back, Chastity fell asleep and her head was in my lap.  I smiled down at her.  She was adorable.

Trent tucked a stray lock behind my ear.  “You’re going to make a great mother one day.” Trent whispered.

“Don’t be silly.” I shrugged him off. 

When we got back we had a few hours before dinner.  Tired from the day’s events I decided I’d take a quick nap.  Then Trent and I would have to pack up and this ordeal would be over and I could get back to work.  I curled up in bed and let myself drift off to sleep.  We’d actually made it through this weekend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well my lovelies, what do you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  I hope you enjoyed it!  Much love!  <3 Muah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 75 13
"Where are you from, Agosti and what are you doing in Las Vegas" "I am here mainly for pleasure, Rachael" "And have you found pleasure?" "I just did...
40.1M 424K 37
What happens when two are summoned together by a long remembered deal between two enemies to force their alliance in the industry business. Heartbrok...
2.4K 149 18
Arina a 24 year old has always wanted to live a freely but being in a abusive mafia family has not made this happen . One day Arina's father announce...