𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 [𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰�...

By liliaobelia

["𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐭? 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜."] Peculiar would be the right word to describe [y/n] - tran... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Five

17.4K 499 131
By liliaobelia

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- DEATHDAY

𝐑𝐎𝐍 was being carried by both Hermione and Harry, they soon reached the front door of Hagrid. They knocked on the door, when it suddenly opened revealing a Giant...well half Giant.

His name was Rubeus Hagrid, he was taller than the average human being, maybe even more. And [y/n] couldn't help but stare at the man. He had shaggy hair and a tangled beard accompanied by him wearing a huge overcoat.

"[y/n], this is Hagrid. Hagrid, [y/n]" Harry introduced.

"H-hi" [y/n] stuttered still staring at the huge man. He waved at her and smiled warmly.

"Hagrid, one of Ron's spells backfired" Harry told Hagrid to which he nodded and gestured to them to enter his house.

When they were all seated Hagrid gave Ron a bucket. Hermione and [y/n] were patting Ron's back, while Harry was giving a more clear explanation of what happened.

"Malfoy called Hermione something. It must've been really bad, because everyone went mad." Harry said.

"It was bad" said Ron hoarsely, emerging over the table top, looking pale and sweaty.

"Malfoy called her 'Mudblood' Hagrid -

Ron dived out of sight again as a fresh wave of slugs made their appearance. Hagrid looked outraged.

"He didn'!" he growled at Hermione.

"He did" she said.

"But I don't know what it means. I could tell it was really rude, of course..." Harry said looking at the group confused.

"It's about the most insulting thing he could think of" gasped Ron, coming back up.

"Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who was Muggle-born - you know, non-magic parents. There are some wizards - like Malfoy's family - who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood" He gave a small burp, and a single slug fell into his outstretched hand. He threw it into the basin and continued,

"I mean, the rest of us know it doesn't make any difference at all. Look at Neville Longbottom - he's pure-blood and he can hardly stand a cauldron the right way up. And [y/n]...wait I never asked, are you a pureblood?" Ron asked [y/n].

"Yeah, so you can see Harry, I'm not like Malfoy" she gestured to herself giggling a bit at the end.

"An' they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can't do" Hagrid said proudly making Hermione's face go red out of embarrassment.

"It's a disgusting thing to call someone" said Ron, wiping his sweaty brow with a shaking hand.

"Dirty blood, see. Common blood. It's mad. Most wizards these days are half-blood anyway. If we hadn't married Muggles we'd've died out" He retched and ducked out of sight again.

"Well, I don' blame yeh fer tryin' ter curse him, Ron" said Hagrid loudly over the thuds of more slugs hitting the basin.

"Bu' maybe it was a good thing yer wand backfired. 'Spect Lucius Malfoy would've come marchin' up ter school if yeh'd cursed his son. Least yer not in trouble..."

"Harry" said Hagrid suddenly, as though struck by a sudden thought, "gotta bone ter pick with yeh. I've heard you've bin givin' out signed photos. How come I haven't got one?" He asked, this made [y/n] laugh a bit while Harry's face turned a dark shade of red.

"I have not been giving out signed photos" he said hotly. "If Lockhart's still putting that about -

but then he stopped when he heard Hagrid laughing

"I'm on'y jokin'" he said, patting Harry genially on the back and sending him, face first, into the table.

"I knew yeh hadn't really. I told Lockhart yeh didn' need teh. Yer more famous than him without tryin'"

"Bet he didn't like that" said Harry, sitting up and rubbing his chin.

It was nearly lunchtime and as Harry had only had one bit of treacle toffee since dawn, he was keen to go back to school to eat. They said goodbye to Hagrid and walked back up to the castle, Ron hiccoughing occasionally, but only bringing up two, very small slugs.

They had barely set foot in the Entrance Hall when a voice rang out.

"There you are, Potter, Weasley." Professor McGonagall was walking towards them, looking stern.

"You will both do your detentions this evening."

"What are we doing, Professor?" said Ron, nervously suppressing a burp.

"You will be polishing the silver in the trophy room with Mr Filch" said Professor McGonagall.

"And no magic, Weasley - elbow grease." Ron gulped. Argus Filch, the caretaker, was loathed by every student in the school.

"And you, Potter, will be helping Professor Lockhart answer his fan mail" said Professor McGonagall.

"Oh no - can't I go and do the trophy room, too?" said Harry desperately.

"Certainly not" said Professor McGonagall, raising her eyebrows.

"Professor Lockhart requested you particularly. Eight o'clock sharp, both of you"

Harry and Ron slouched into the Great Hall in states of deepest gloom, Hermione and [y/n] behind them. Hermione, wearing a well-you-did-break-school-rules sort of expression. While [y/n] was curious on how they got detention.

"Hey, what did you two do exactly?" [y/n] asked. Before any of the two could answer Hermione did it for them.

"They crashed a flying car into the whomping willow" a smug smile appearing on her face. [y/n] started laughing saying she would've loved to see that.

Harry didn't fancy his shepherd's pie as much as he'd thought. Both he and Ron felt they'd got the worse deal.

"I'll be cleaning all night!" Ron complained.

"There must be about a hundred cups to polish or something! And no magic?! I'm no good at muggle cleaning!"

"I'd swap anytime..." Harry said hollowly.

"I've got loads of practice from the Dursleys...but answering Lockharts fan mail? that'll be a nightmare..."

Soon after, while Harry was answering some of Lockharts fan mail, he heard a voice... It was a voice, a voice to chill the bone-marrow, a voice of breath-taking, ice-cold venom.

"Come ... come to me ... let me rip you ... let me tear you ... let me kill you ..."

"What?" he said loudly.

"I know!" said Lockhart. "Six solid months at the top of the bestseller list! Broke all records!"

"No" said Harry frantically. "That voice!"

"Sorry?" said Lockhart, looking puzzled. "What voice?"

"That - that voice that said - didn't you hear it?" Lockhart was looking at Harry in high astonishment.

"What are you talking about, Harry? Perhaps you're getting a little drowsy? Great Scott - look at the time! We've been here nearly four hours! I'd never have believed it - the time's flown, hasn't it?"

Harry didn't answer. He was straining his ears to hear the voice again, but there was no sound now except for Lockhart telling him he mustn't expect a treat like this every time he got detention. Feeling dazed, Harry left.

.

"A deathday party?" [y/n] asked very curious. They were currently inside the Gryffindor common room when Harry suddenly brought up the topic.

"I bet there aren't many living people who can say they've been to one of those - it'll be fascinating!" Hermione exclaimed looking at [y/n] who was also excited.

"Why would anyone want to celebrate the day they died?" said Ron, who was halfway through his Potions homework and grumpy.

"Sounds dead depressing to me ..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 95 28
After a tumultuous and exciting first year where you made both friends and enemies you return to Hogwarts unaware of the danger currently present at...
2.1M 45.5K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...
31.5K 1K 37
┌─────────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆─────────┐ 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄 has never been as perfect as she seems. She has blood on her hands, and transferring...