Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The King and Queen

698 41 19
By Meenu_Panda

Amarendra was standing in front of the life size portrait of his mother. It was like she stood before him. This portrait of hers was painted by royal artists after he and Bhallaladeva returned from Gurukulam.

The artists had caught the thoughts running in her mind perfectly on the canvas.

"You know Deva, this was painted at the time when she had gone through many meetings and put us through many tests so that people can have the right King. This was the time when she was in deep thoughts trying to scale us so that she can decide who can take over the throne."

Amarendra explained. Devasena smiled.

"Artists have captured that beautifully here."

She praised them. Amarendra moved to another portrait of Sivagami Devi sitting on her usual Tiger inscribed chair.

Devasena gasped. Because, the portrait showed Sivagami in a pose of giving a judgement. And she very well identified the brush strokes.

"Did you?"

Amarendra sighed.

"This is how I always saw Amma. A careful listener and a proper judge who never left her justice behind."

Not letting them dwell more on it, Mahendra came running adjusting his royal attire. Seeing this the proud parents chuckled.

Amarendra corrected Mahendra's vastra and Devasena tied the earpieces properly that had turned askew.

"Nana! I am not used to this vastra hanging behind me like this. And all these heavy earpieces, neck ones and all."

Mahendra chided, making his parents chuckle.

"We can make lighter ones Nanna."

Amarendra said and smiled at Devasena with his eyes twinking. She too smiled as she remembered how even she was not used to heavy jewels before she became his wife. Just like he made new lighter ones for her, he would get their son lighter jewels too.

"Coming to Vastram, Nanna Mahendra, you can wear whatever you like in privacy, but when you go out on royal works, you should dress better."

Devasena said.

"It's okay, Amma. I will get used to this hanging behind me."

He said swinging the Vastram around his wrists. Amarendra and Devasena chuckled.

Mahendra looked up and opened his eyes wide, looking at the life size portrait of his grandmother, the woman who gave up her life to save his.

"Is that Rajamata Sivagami Devi?"

Mahendra asked, turning to his parents.

"Yes! That is your Nanamma."

Amarendra said, keeping a hand on his shoulder.

"She looks.. Majestic!"

"She was. Till the last moment, she always stood majestic. Magnificent."

Devasena said as she remembered how she was ready to give capital punishment to her own son and husband when the truth saw light.

Whatever little complaints Devasena had about Sivagami Devi treating Amarendra, it all got cleared when she announced punishments for Bhallaladeva and gave her life to save hers and Mahendra's.

"I can see how she ruled this place for quarter century and had all the males answering her."

Mahendra said till taken by the sheer power that radiated from the portrait.

"You are yet to see her in action nanna. She was fast as lightning with her dagger and she was very good in battle planning."

Amarendra said, reminiscing the battles he had been with his mother. And also the moments when he had been going around places in disguise with his mother and how she used her dagger to finish off some of the dacoits who were terrorising a few villages.

"You know once we were going through forests and closeby villages because we got information from our spies that there was a gang of dacoits who were robbing the villages of their food supplies. Me and Bhalla were just twelve years old. Amma took us to find out about the dacoits. When she found out their hiding place, their leader was so quick to throw an arrow at Amma and you know Mahendra, with her small dagger Amma very swiftly threw away the arrow that was to hit us. It was just a few minutes before the dangerous dacoits were on their knees."

Devasena smiled. She remembered how she met Amarendra in the city of Maahishmati. Fighting a few goons.

"When you fought those goons, you reminded me so much of Amma, Devasena. You were also very good with a dagger and sword. And man you were fast!"

Amarendra said, raising his brow and smiling as if he had read her mind. Mahendra smiled at his parents.

"I also saw Avantika when she was fighting a few soldiers of the kingdom who were chasing her through the trees."

Mahendra said with a cute smile. Parents shared a secret smile.

"Oh!"

Devasena said, keeping her expression mute.

"She had skills. The way the sword obeyed her every whim.. She was really good. No one was spared, anyone who dared to cross her path."

Mahendra said with the picture of Avantika fighting in the dense forest still afresh in his mind.

"Ahan?"

Amarendra asked and Mahendra frowned at his parents. Seeing that they were teasing him he turned away making his parents chuckle.

"We will listen to your story in detail. But now, we have to leave for your Nana's Rajyabhishekam. It's time for the royal March."

Devasena said. Mahendra too nodded his head as he knew that he would tell his parents about Avantika when the time was right. Last night when he went back to them, they were already asleep. Not having the mind to disturb them, he turned and left. Now too he did the same. He turned and bowed his head to his grandmother once and left the private chamber of Sivagami Devi.

Amarendra turned to his mother and he too bowed to seek her blessing. For a moment he felt a hand caressing his head like his mother usually would do. But then sighed as it was just his mind playing tricks.

Devasena put her hand on his shoulder, understanding him. Taking a deep breath, Amarendra steadied himself.

"I have my Amma's blessings."

"You always have that Amarendra. Come"

Devasena said as she held his hands and walked him towards the center of the fortress. There stood Sivagami's pujya Shiva Lingam. The royal priest stood there to start the Abhishekam.

"Maharaja, the auspicious time is to start. If you will please come here, we can start the Poojas."

Amarendra moved forward and turned to see Devasena standing behind. He frowned.

"Emayindi Devasena?"

He asked moving close to her.

"Just that, the last time we were here, I was pregnant with Mahendra, Akka with Bhadra. And last time, when it was your brother to ascend the throne, it was you who still got the blessing of the god. This just.."

Amarendra understood her. Last time, though it was not such a good time to remember, still the whole family was there. But now?

Amarendra put his arm around her shoulder and walked to the Lord. Forwarding her hand along with his, they took the pitcher of water from the priest and started bathing the lord with it, followed by milk and turmeric sandalwood mixed water and few more pitchers of water.

The water that drained from the lord was saved separately.

"Now, Maharaja, please change and get ready for the Rajyabhishekam. You too Maharani."

Smiling they both went and changed into simple Yellow Vastras to accept the Rajyabhishekam. Devasena wore thick vastras to soak the water and not stick to her body. She made sure that her dress did not reveal any of the wounds of the past. Amarendra ensured the same. It was a happy time ahead for the people and themselves. Sight of those wounds might bring upon unwanted emotions among others.

And as instructed, Devasena sat to the left of Amarendra and both folded their hands in prayers as the Royal Priest smiling bathed them in the holy water.

Many Veda Pandits chanted Vedas for the well being of the Kingdom and their King and Queen. God forbid! They have gone through a lot already in their life. The following years of their life should be like spring. All the chants were only reflections of this prayer.

Once they were bathed, they went to clean and change to Royal attires.

Amarendra was looking majestic in purple and dark bottle green attire while Devasena matched him perfectly in a beautiful emerald green saree. Both had their swords in their hands.

Amarendra remembered how he selected the same saree for her when he had to introduce her to the subjects of Maahishmati for the first time. He smiled at the memory. Devasena who understood the reason behind the smile also smiled.

They both joined at the entrance to the fortress. A chariot stood ready for them.

It was Maahishmati royal Chariot. It was specially made for the crowning ceremony.

It had six rows of white horses. Each row had four horses. In Total the chariot had twenty four horses. In the beginning, when Sivagami's forefathers ruled this place, this chariot meant many things. Like the hierarchy in the Empire, the twenty four smaller kingdoms under the Empire, the hours of the day that the Emperor had to look out for his subjects, the military power of the Empire and many other things.

But for Amarendra or Devasena these symbolism did not mean a thing. They believed in action more than big show offs and pretenses. But they had no authority to change such things until they were crowned.

Amarendra stepped on to the chariot and forwarded his hand to his beautiful wife, his queen. Smiling, she took his hand as she jumped in. Amarendra put his arm around her waist steadying her. Mahendra and Avantika who saw this from their positions in the army and Arzoo who was standing at the foot of the throne and Aslam standing on one of the steps that indicated his ministry, chuckled and shook their heads.

Naayaka cleared his throat bringing back their concentration to the ceremony. Like kids caught by their mom while doing something naughty, Aslam, Mahendra, Avantika and Arzoo stopped laughing and stood straight.

"Military training!"

Amarendra commented to Devasena who nodded her head and chuckled. Amarendra took the reins of the horses and relieved the charioteer albeit he was not ready to give up. After all which King rode his own chariot to his own crowning ceremony.

But the charioteer had to accept that this new king and queen were different. Smiling, he moved back handing over the reins to the King.

MAHASENA

Naayaka called for the vast Maahishmati army.

As he called one by one, the different regimes came forward to welcome their new King and Queen.

First, the knights cavalry, then it was the Elephant regiment, then Swordsmen and lancers. As the chariot came a little near the foot of the steps that led to the steps, Amarendra got down and helped Devasena down. With Naayaka walking forward, they walked behind, accepting every bow and salute.

Soon they reached the batch of guards and soldiers that had been a part of Maahishmati's history, a very shameful history. Kattappa's army of slaves. This is not going to happen when he is the King.

When Naayaka was about to call for them, Amarendra showed his hand, stopping the call for them to bend and touch their heads to the feet of the king.

He turned and gave Naayaka a look who smiled and called his command.

"Karikala Kattappa Sikshita visishta Sena.."

Kattappa frowned, pulling his sword forward. All the slaves followed him.

"Maharaja Padvihara!"

Naayaka gave the command. For a moment, Kattappa looked like he was about to cry out loud. All the slaves had unshed tears brimming in their eyes.

"Dasya Sena!"

Kattappa called and they all walked and stood on either sides of the Amarendra and Devasena. They held their swords in front with it facing the sky.

"Padvihara"

Kattappa commanded and the slaves walked on either side as the King and Queen walked in the centre with Naayaka in the front with his sword held high.

Every single person there clapped. The noise of clapping sounded like thunder.

The only people who were not taking part in the festivities was Bijjaladeva and his troupe who were mourning the death of Bhallaladeva and Bhadra.

Bijjaladeva was standing on the top, near the throne holding the crowns of King, Queen and Military Head.

Amarendra and Devasena walked to the top. On Each step to the throne, stood the ministers ready to take their Oaths.

They smiled at each and every person as they crossed them and climbed to the last but one step. He turned to Arzoo, Mahendra and Avantika. They all walked to the step.

"This step indicates the next generation. So you stand here until you get educated and get ready to take up on your own ministry."

Amarendra said to the kids who smiled and stood there. Amarendra turned to the younger generation of Maahishmati.

"This is not just for the Royal family. This is open for anyone who is capable and earns the place here."

He said, making everyone smile.

Arzoo steadied her Burkha to make her look the part her Abbu was giving her. Then she frowned hearing Aslam clearing his throat. She growled.

"Don't pay attention to him amma. He is thickheaded. You look beautiful"

Devasena said pinching her chin and when Naayaka cleared his throat, they moved forward chuckling.

Bijjaladeva's heart burned seeing the happy family. This was supposed to be the honor of his son who was murdered brutally.

Amarendra turned and went to the throne. Beside the throne stood his uncle, seeing whom Amarendra did not get angry. He only had pity for him. One man's mistake and a whole clan was affected. If not for Raja Ranadeva Bhoopati, this place would have not have seen so much bloodshed, that too between siblings.

But who can stop the wheel of time and the flow of events? He was a mere human. He made peace with the present where he was alive, he had a wonderful family.

A servant brought the written Oaths and distributed them to every minister. Every minister took their oath, including Amarendra and Devasena for their respective ministries.

The priest took the crown from Bijjaladeva and placed it on his head and applied tilakam on his forehead. The Priest's wife did the same to Devasena. Both their crowns had inscriptions of Maahishmati's royal symbol, a horse.

Now, it was time to take the Oath of King and Queen. This was the third time he took a royal oath. First he was king, then Army chief. Now again as a King. But this time, he knew better.

Taking a deep breath, he gave the written Oath back to the servant and then turned to face the people.

"Amarendra Baahubali anu nenu.."

Was all he had to say when everyone present there roared.

"Maharaja Baahubali.."

This name echoed everywhere around. Amarendra had to put up his hand to calm them down.

"I, Amarendra Baahubali, pledge to protect the people of Maahishmati with the values invested in me. I promise to protect the honor, property and lives of the people of this Empire. I pledge to be the protector of the truth, ethics and nobility and be impartial as the Emperor of this Empire. I promise in the name of my forefathers, my mother Sivagami and the Lord Almighty, Baahudeswara."

Thunder of claps echoed in the fortress shaking the foundation of the fortress walls.

Then the priest turned to Devasena.

"Marali Devasena anu nenu.."

Devasena said in her booming voice. Amarendra turned to her smiling. His wife had a commanding voice.

"I, Marali Devasena, pledge to protect the Empire by providing the vision to the Emperor to the path of nobility and ethics. I promise in the name of Lord almighty, as the Empress of Maahishmati, to be ready to serve people."

Naayaka looked at her with so much pride that his eyes brimmed. Mahendra, Avantika, Aslam, Arzoo and Kattappa looked at the couple and smiled with pride.

The real King and Queen! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
2.8K 182 28
Hello everyone, I am Shneha Gowricharn and this is me first try to write a fanfiction. The story is inspired from the tv show Ghum hai kisi ke pyaar...
107K 4.5K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...
11.7K 852 15
Mission Behrupiya..... After the leap of 5 years... What if MPT hates Anuseena, as they think they are terrorist ?? What if in the place of Haseena...