Stonehearts 9: Sapphire

By bncmld

| Stonehearts #9 | People see her as a rock of solid power and strength. She isn't easily wavered and never g... More

Stonehearts: Sapphire
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen

Nine

4.9K 164 36
By bncmld

Padabog kong inilapag ang dalawang mug na hawak ko, walang pake kung mabasag man. I really want him to realize that I don't want his presence invading my home. Rule number one in dealing with Reid Almodovar is refrain from kissing him. Because his kiss is fucking black magic. Hindi ko tanda kung paano niya ako napa-oo kanina, ngayon heto siya't nakaupo sa isa sa mga barstool na kaharap ng curved na kitchen counter ko. Ako naman, nakatalikod sa kanya at labag sa loob na pinagtitimpla siya ng kape.

"Tell me about your problem." He drawled. That damn guttural voice!

I stopped stirring his coffee, kung lagyan ko kaya 'to ng rat poison? Napabuntong-hininga ako saka tahimik na naglagay ng asukal at creamer sa baso niya. Yup, I didn't ask what he prefers because I don't give a shit if he hates the coffee I made or not. Ayaw ko siya rito and I'll do everything just so he gets that.

I expected him to ask again but nothing followed. Saka ko naalala 'yon sinabi ni Arcie, nagsasalita lang siya kapag gusto niya. Napairap ako saka ko binuhat ang dalawang tasa at humarap sa kanya.

He's resting his back on the stool while he has his ripped arms over his strong chest. God, what a sight. I'm secretly drooling. He's casually sitting there and he looks like he freaking owns the place at ako ang bisita.

"Oh." Masungit na abot ko sa kanya.

He hook a finger on the handle and dragged the coffee closer to him. He looked at me expectantly. "So, your problem?" He pressed.

"Ikaw ang problema ko."

Instead of getting annoyed, the asshole smirk and my insides churned. Again with his sexy grin! Ilang trap cards baa ng mayroon ang taong 'to laban sa'kin?

"I've researched about your dilemma, Hiraya." He spoke, sipping a little of his coffee. I cursed inwardly when he didn't complain about it. Minsan ang bilis niyan asarin, ngayong kailangan ko siyang ma-badtrip hindi ko na magawa.

"It's Sapphire. Or Fire. Not Hiraya or whatever." I firmly argued. He raised one of his bushy eyebrows, though his face remained stoic, his eyes glinted amusement.

"Napag-alaman ko na ex-boyfriend mo ang nagtakbo ng pera mo."

The scowl I have faded. I was stunned with his knowledge about my situation. I mean, I already informed my staff and my brother about a certain partner who took all the money, pero hindi ko naman sinabi na si Cobi 'yon.

He took in my reaction and a slow, cunning smile appeared on his delicious lips. I already regret it when I talked to his picture and told him he should smile more, kasi napakadelikado ng mga ngiti niya.

"I see it's not a common fact." He added, blowing the steam of his hot drink.

"How did you know about that?" I ghastly asked, my hand gripping my mug tightly. My palm numb to the heat.

"I have my ways." He shrugged.

I squinted my eyes at him. "You mean, you unlawfully snooped your nose on my business. Hindi mo malalaman 'yan unless you saw the bank transactions. At hindi naman kayo close ng ex-boyfriend ko para siya mismo ang magsabi n'on sa'yo." At hindi 'yon aamin, pero hindi ko na sinabi.

"It's only illegal if you get caught, Hiraya." He mused, frankly proud about his actions.

"Again, stop calling me that." I probed. I glowered at him even more, but he's not even slightly affected. May saltik ba ang taong ito at gustong-gusto niyang naba-badtrip ako sa kanya?

"Okay, I will." He conceded, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Really?" I asked in dubiety.

"Not really, but it sounded good. Doesn't it, Hiraya?" He fired right back, mischief gleaming in his expressive eyes.

I don't want to smile, but it's so damn hard. Ngayon mukha akong tangang nagpipigil ng ngiti.

"Finally a smile on those luscious lips." He muttered. His gaze burned as he focused solely on my mouth. I backed away from the island and rested on the kitchen counter mounted on the wall. Pa-simple akong uminom sa kape ko para lang matakpan ko ang mga labi ko. It's not really the time to be rehashing our kiss in my mind.

"Back to your problem. Have you already approached said ex-man about this?" I really don't want to answer anymore of his questions. But he dropped the light aura he has and he's oozing with danger and death. I inwardly quiver with the menace his words hold.

"No."

The lax and emotionless expression he was sporting morphed to that of shocked and utter rage. "What do you mean, no?"

There's something about the way he releases his words. Hindi siya sumisigaw, pero 'yong dating ng bawat salita, kinilabutan ako. It's quiet, eerie at the same time, intese, fierce, and vicious.

I averted his gaze and settled it on my cup of coffee. I rimmed my fingers on the mouth of the cup and started talking. "I'm on a tight budget, Reid. I'm expanding my business and hiring additional manpower. Oo, gusto ko siyang habulin at pagbayarin sa kagaguhan niya pero hindi 'yon ang priority ko. My people had put their faith and trust in me and I don't intend of letting them down."

He was quiet. Too quiet. Kaya kahit ayaw ko, nagtaas ako ng tingin. Mabigat pa rin ang pagtitig niya pero napansin kong medyo lumamlam na ang malalim na uka sa noo niya kanina.

"Contact him and tell him to meet us next week." Utos niya.

Kahit may mumunting takot pa akong nararamdaman dahil sa talas ng titig niya at bigat ng bawat bigkas niya sa bawat salita, hindi ako nagpatalo. I stood tall and lift my chin to challenge him.

"Shove your orders up your ass, Reid. Because I'm not following them."

A glint of amusement took presence in his eyes. "You do it or I'll do it. Either way, I'll make sure he'll pay for what he did."

I groaned my exasperation. Kahit saang banda ako humataw, hindi ako mananalo sa kanya. "Why are you doing this, Reid?"

"Because I like you." He answered instantly, directly, without pretenses. I faltered and almost fell on the floor. Did he? Did he just? What?

He grinned, looking pleased that he caught me off-guard. "That made you shut up, huh?"

I cinched my brows tightly together I'm convinced I'm getting a monobrow. I swiped at the excited, jingly feeling in my chest. Not the time to be doing a happy dance internally. I opened my mouth, closed it again. Open, close. C'mon the fuck on brain! I'm in dire need of a smart ass comeback right now!

With his grin still intact, he set his mug down the counter and stood. We prowled to where I'm planted. His steps are slow and done with grace. Jesus, I don't even know if 'grace' is a word to describe how a man walks but that's how he does it.

He stopped right in front of me, permitting no space in between since his shoes are touching my gray bunny slippers. Locked and caged by his heated and ferocious stare, he took the cup in my hands and placed in on the other side of the counter.

Without any warning, he placed both his hands underneath my armpits, lifted me on the air like I weigh close to nothing, making me yelp. I grabbed his shoulders in the process before I felt my ass hitting the cold, granite of my kitchen counter.

Using his hips, he pushed my thighs apart, placing his body there. His hands are now on my pelvis, his thumbs rubbing my skin. Fire and desire surged through my body. I feel scorching hot. The dizzying movements he does with his thumbs isn't helping to extuingish the situation.

I moved my head back until my head hit one of my hanging cabinets' handle. "Wha-at are you doing?"

"Touching you." He muttered with a lazy half-smile.

"Stop it." I whispered, lacking firmness.

"Nope. You have a strong flight response, Hiraya, and an equally forceful repulsive nature." He bent and nuzzled my neck with his nose. My body, despite my better judgement, liked the attention. I craned my neck for him for greater access.

Damn you, traitor! I'll be having a very serious discussion with my body later!

"I realized that when I crowd you in, eliminate the distance, you lose all that driving power to rebel against me." He stopped tracing my neck and moved up until I felt his hot breaths on my ear. My own breathing is starting to get shallow, my heart thumping hard against my chest. He gave my early a subtle suck.

"Now, tell me, Hiraya. You'll let me deal with your problems, yes?" He whispered. His silky, sexy, sultry voice, hypnotizing me. When I didn't answer, he nipped at my earlobe again before giving it a swipe of his tongue.

I hummed my approval. The hands I have placed on the edge of the counter somewhat moved on their own accord, clutching at his strong and roped biceps.

"Tell me, Hiraya." He silently probed.

God, I really, really need to record his voice when he say this line. And fuck, it sounds better with the name he coined for me! Ano ng nangyari sa pinaglalaban ko kanina na 'wag niya akong tawagin ganito?

"I need your words." He continued, running his nose down again on the heated path he made when he went for my ear. He moved sideways this time, sliding the tip of his hot tongue on the ridges of my throat. I shivered and moaned. "Words, Hiraya."

And without my knowledge, the word just slipped out of my mouth with a throaty groan. "Y-yes."

I felt his smile on my neck as he gave it a soft bite. "Good."

Saka siya tumayo ng tuwid pero hindi pa rin lumayo. I was stupefied for a moment, blinking at him. Did he just seduce his way to get what he wants?

"What the – How – Huh?" I stuttered.

He smiled lopsidedly and tapped the tip of my nose. "Now, tell me what you want to be written in the binding contract of your loan."

Suddenly getting aware of my hold on him, I released it, as if it burned me. Well, it is partially true. Touching him sends a spitfire of urge on my veins. A frown marred his face, but I disregarded it.

"'Yong gusto ko? Tinatanong mo ako kung anong gusto kong ilagay sa terms and conditions ng kontrata sa paghiram ko ng pera sa'yo?"

Tumango lang siya.

"Bakit ako lang? Wala ka bang standard contract para sa mga ganito?"

"I do."

"Then why are you asking me what I want?"

"Because." He doesn't make any sense. I didn't put an effort masking my distrust and doubt. He started twirling the ends of my dark blue hair and he looked quite fascinated. "Your hair is so soft." Banggit niya na parang wala sa sarili.

Seeing that he's not anymore going to expound that dismissive 'because', I decided to just go with it. Besides, he's practically telling me to make my own damn contract, so I might as well make the best out of the given once in a lifetime opportunity.

"Fine." I mutterd with fake annoyance. "Loan is ten years to pay." I begun. He nodded his head, still mesmerized with my hair. So I continued, "I'll start paying a year after I get the money." Again, just a nod. Huh. "No interest." A nod. Really? Is he even listening? "I get the money as a whole, not in partial wiring." Nod. "If I ever decide to pay earlier than the agreed term, I won't be charged with a penalty." Nod.

I looked at him bewildered and frazzled. He just agreed with everything without even batting an eye. Na-realize niya kayang luging-lugi siya sa mga sinabi ko? He'll earn nothing from me.

He stopped swirling my hair in his fingers and focused his gaze back on mine. "You done?" Unsure what he meant, I bobbed my head in agreement. "Okay, now we talk about us."

My body zapped in attention, my spine stiffening. "A-anong us?"

"Tayo." Despite my shock, I was able to roll my eyes at him.

"Thank you very much, Einstein." I snarly replied. Hardening my stare, I echoed my earlier words before things went spiraling out of control. "I told you I'm not looking for a relationship."

"And I told you, so am I." He shot right back, mirroring my tone.

"Eh, ano 'to? Casual-casual lang?"

Kumibit-balikat siya, "I don't care whatever you label it. I just want you."

"Huh. Am I supposed to feel glorious and proud of that?" I spat sarcastically. I held on to that little fire of defiance sparking inside me to battle him.

He shook his head. "No. I just want you to feel me." He sunk his fingers on my hips, and with much force, he yanked my body to him. Instinctively, I wrapped my legs on his waist, my arms on his neck. I felt the bulge being strained by his denim pants and I let out a strangled mewl. I let my head fall on his shoulders and before I know it, my back met the cold surface of my kitchen wall. He pinned my body hard, his aching and penned cock, fighting to surface. He groaned when my hips involuntarily gyrate, seeking pleasure and release.

"You want this." He whispered, crushing his body on mine more.

"Yesssssss," I moaned.

He rocked his hips in contrast with the movement I make. "Tell me, Hiraya. What are we gonna do about this?"

I'm soaking wet, my brain frayed, and my body tight and sweltering. Hindi ko na alam kung alin ang tama at mali. All I know is I need him to soothe the broilin ache I've been feeling since the first time our eyes met.

"No strings attached." I murmured.

"Agreed." He answered right back. He hovered over my mouth, biting my lower lip. "What else?"

"We'll keep it distant, plain, and simple. If we want to date we can date. At kung may gusto ka ng seryosohin, pwede na nating itigil 'to." Because, like I said, I won't be hunting for another boyfriend.

"Okay."

"We're always going to do it with protection."

He stilled and stared at me. The look on his face says he doesn't approve of it. My lust-clouded my suddenly regained it's footing. He's going to walk through hell and fire if he thinks he can change my mind about this.

With furrowed brows, he asked. "Why? You're not on birth control?"

"I am. But it'll feel too personal if we did it without. So. I'm not compromising with this."

He gave it a thought before he reluctantly agreed. "Anything else?"

"We won't do it in each other's places." When he's about to comment, I shushed him by putting a finger on his mouth. "Again, it will feel too personal."

"Fine, I'll take care of the place." He voice indisposed. I don't know what he meant. I was about to grill him into explaining more but he continued, "Now, my terms. I only have three."

"Can you put me down first? Your body's distracting me." I ordered. But the asshole again pushed me hard on the wall making me whimper when I felt his cock rubbing against my core.

"No, you'll run when I do." He said matter-o-factly before he eased the tight space my body was jammed into. "We don't ask personal questions. Kung ano lang ang gusto nating sabihin sa isa't-isa, 'yon lang dapat."

Isn't that grand? "That's rich coming from someone who stalked over my problem." I scoffed.

An excessively exultant grin danced on his lips. "I only did that because you're too stubborn to talk. But I promise, hindi ko na gagawin ulit."

I'm still not convinced but I'll let him off the hook. "Fine. Remember, I'll run you over with a lawn mower if you ever pry on my personal business again."

"When you're not anymore comfortable with our settlement, you can tell me and I'll let you walk away. I'll ask no questions."

I nodded my head. "Okay, works for me. And the last one will be?"

"You're not allowed to fall in love with me."

I don't know but I felt laughing with his last statement. He seemed to be utterly amused but at the same time muddled with my reaction.

I tapped his cheeks lightly, mirth overpowering the thirst I have for him. "Don't worry about the last one. Finding people living on Mars is more likely to happen than me catching feelings for you. But, hey, we don't know, baka ikaw ang ma-inlove sa'kin at kung mangyari man, kailangang pigilin mo. I don't want to be the one to break your precious heart."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...