The Guardian Rose

By GramzonDragon

(Y/N) encounters Summer Rose during a Grimm attack. When (Y/N) is injured Summers tells him to run, giving hi... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Day
Chapter 2: Initiation Test
Chapter 3: Classes
Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.
Chapter 5: The Challenge.
Chapter 6: A Secret Is Revealed.
Chapter 7: Confessions.
Chapter 8: Best Day Ever!
Chapter 9: Explanations.
Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon
Chapter 11: Painting The Town...
Q & A
Chapter 12: Recruiting the Enemy.
Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.
Chapter 14: Dance and Infiltration.
Chapter 15: The Shadow's Rage and Field Trip.
Chapter 16: What Was Once Lost, Has Been Found.
Chapter 17: Breach and Final Goodbye.
Q&A 2
Team T/N Bios
Chapter 18: Vital Festival
Chapter 20: Planning
???
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.
Chapter 22: Battle of Beacon.
Chapter 23: The Fall of Beacon.
Epilogue
Q&A 3

Chapter 19: Frosty Greetings.

1.7K 35 74
By GramzonDragon

At a bar there were three people sitting watching Team JNPR winning their match.

Bartender: Huh, those kids weren't half bad!

???: Meh.

Drake: There's room for improvement, but not too bad.

???2: MORE RUM!

Bartender: How can you even handle that stuff? And what even are you?

Drake: Eh, my uncle has a taste for that stuff. Right Mordecai?

Mordecai: Shut up and keep these coming, Vul Gein. And for your information, I'm a Vampire-Werewolf hybrid.

Drake: Have you been studying Dovahzuul?

Mordecai: Mayyybe *hic*.

???: The hell is Dovahzuul?

Mordecai: None of your business you drunken old bird!

Drake shook his head as he watched Team SSSN win their match.

Bartender: Now that was a match!

???: Heh, that was a mess!

Bartender: Come on man, you didn't like them, the Vale kids, or any of the rounds before that? What fight are you here for?

The drunken man sees an aircraft with elegant ribbons flying from its wings behind him.

Qrow: That one. *places Lien on the table* Happy Vytal Festival!

The bartender watched as the man left and accidentally knocked over a glass.

Bartender: Aw, gee darn it!

Then the glass pieces rose from the ground and reassembled back to it's proper form.

Drake: There you go, all fixed. Now, do you wanna watch the show uncle?

Mordecai: As long as you're bringing the popcorn.

Drake and Mordecai stood up and Drake left some Lien on the table before following the Drunk.

Elsewhere

Ruby: Uh, what are you viewing?

Weiss: She's here!

Y/N: Who is?

Weiss didn't answer as she ran towards the landing pads with Ruby and Y/N in tow.

Ruby: Weiss! What is the big deal!? Who is it? Who is she!?

Weiss: Winter.

Y/N: The Ice Queen?

Ruby, Y/N, and Weiss were watching Winter Schnee, escorted by crimson-colored Atlas Soldiers and Atlesian Knight-200's as she exits her airship.

Ruby: Wait... Your sister?

Weiss: Winter! Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh... Your presence honors us.

Winter: Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different.

Ruby: I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder.

Y/N: *Mumbles*Or the incoming dread.

Weiss: *punches Ruby in the shoulder, causing her to gasp in pain before turning back to her sibling* So, what are you doing here?

Winter: Classified.

Weiss: Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?

Y/N: Let me guess. Classified.

Winter: Yes

Weiss: Of course.

Ruby: Well... this is nice... I think.

Y/N: *whispers to Ruby* Remember, they are kinda cold.

Ruby: *whispers to Y/N* Was that an attempt at a pun? Because it was awful.

Y/N: *whispers to Ruby* Sorry, I've been hanging around Vernde too long.

Weiss: You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-

Winter: I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came.

Weiss: Right! I'm sorry!

Winter: Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter.

Weiss: *puzzled* But, we won!

Winter: Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?

Weiss: Well, there's Ruby and Y/N.

Ruby: Heh, boob.

Y/N: *chuckles* Rosebud.

Winter: I see. So this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming. And the apparent 'wildcard', as you put it. 

Ruby: Uh... Thank you!

Y/N: Guilty as charged.

Winter: Greetings, Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister. And Y/N L/N, Thanks for helping my sister see certain matters more clearly.

Ruby: Oh! Uh, yes, of course! The honor is in my... court!

Y/N: Eh, don't mention it.

Winter: I have business with the General and your Headmaster. But, seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?

Weiss: Really?

Winter: Yes. I wish to inspect them and make sure that they are up to my personal standards.

Weiss: Of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable.

Winter: Bunk beds?

Y/N: Just don't question it. I'll make things a lot smoother.

Ruby: I'll catch up- I mean, I will... reconvene with you both... at a later...

Y/N: Juncture?

Ruby: At a juncture. Yeah.

Weiss, Winter and the androids walking towards the courtyard, before a certain someone dizzily sneaks up behind the AK-200s and promptly decapitates one, before kicking its head towards the group.

???: Hey! Yeah, I'm talking to you, Ice Queen!

Winter: Halt!

Weiss: Excuse me! Do you have any idea who you are talking to!?

Qrow: Sssshhh. Not you.

Weiss: Hey!

???: You. Saw that gaudy ship of yours in town. I guess you're here, too.

Winter: I'm standing right before you.

???: *squints* So it would seem.

Winter: You realize you just destroyed Atlas Military property.

???: *sarcastically* Oh, oh I'm sorry. See, I mistook this for some sort of... sentient garbage.

A/N: Don't you dare disrespect Penny and Lopez! And what I find funny is those two are shipped! Just who actually decided to ship those tw-

Winter: I don't have time for your immature games, Qrow.

Weiss: Wait, you two know each other?

Qrow: Geez, you Atlas Specialists think you're so special, don't you?

Winter: It's in the title.

Qrow: Well, you know what you really are? A bunch of sellouts. Just like your boss.

Winter: I'm not sure what you think you're implying, but I've heard enough.

Qrow: Oh I heard, too. I heard ol' Ironwood finally turned his back on Ozpin.

Weiss: Ozpin?

Winter: Weiss, it's time for you to go.

Weiss: What-

Qrow: Listen to big sister, Weiss. She'll protect you. Just like Atlas is going to protect all of us, huh?

Winter: If you won't hold your tongue, then I will gladly remove it for you! *draws sword*

Qrow: Alright then... *slicks back hair* Come take it.

The square clears before Winter charges at Qrow, starting a fight. During the fight, the two are spinning and trading blows as Ruby and Y/N enters the crowd next to their friend. On a light pole Drake and Mordecai were watching the fight wile munching on some popcorn.

Ruby: What's going on?!

Y/N: We leave for not even two minutes and something happens.

Weiss: Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!

Ruby: Oh no! Who would do such a th- Oohh that is my uncle!

Y/N: Wait, Qrow? Aww shit.

Weiss: What?!

Ruby:  Kick her butt, Uncle Qrow!

Weiss: Uh... Teach him respect, Winter!

Mercury was walking behind the crowd when he witnesses the two fighting. Realizing who is fighting, Mercury then runs off from the impromptu duel, as the two continue their battle.

The fight comes to a close, with Winter propelling herself forward, screaming in rage and preparing a thrust towards Qrow, just before a commanding voice is loudly heard in the courtyard, stopping her blade's point mere inches away from Qrow's neck.

???3: SCHNEE!

Winter looks behind her to see General Ironwood standing behind her, with Penny Polendina behind him.

Winter: General Ironwood, sir!

Ironwood: What in the world do you think you're doing?

Winter: He started the altercation, sir!

Qrow: That's actually not true. She attacked first.

Ironwood: Is that right? And you. What are you doing here?

Qrow: I could be asking you the same thing.

Ironwood: I-

Ozpin: Now, now, everyone. There is a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the Colosseum, that I can assure you has better seats... and popcorn. *swirls his cocoa*

Goodwitch: Break it up, everyone! We will take care of this mess.

Mordecai: And the old man ruins it.

Drake: Yep, now lets go. Y/N will meet us shortly.

Mordecai and Drake disappeared into the shadows, all the while no one noticing a thing.

Ironwood: Let's go.

As Ironwood and Winter leave, Penny notices Ruby and quietly waves to her, while Ruby waves back. Ruby then leaps giddily onto Qrow's arm, shaking her legs in delight.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow!!! Hi. It's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me!?

Qrow: Nope.

Ozpin: Qrow! A word, please.

Qrow: I think I'm in trouble.

Ruby: You did kinda tear up our courtyard.

Qrow: Yeah, I did. Catch ya later, kid.

Weiss: And suddenly, your recklessness makes sense.

Ruby: You're just mad because he whooped butt.

Weiss: That was a draw, at best!

Y/N: I think Rosebud's grin says otherwise. Now if you would excuse me, I have some business to attend.

With that Y/N gave Ruby a kiss before pulling up his hood and vanishing into the shadows.

Later

Ironwood is waiting with his arms crossed while Winter is impatiently pacing about. Drake and Mordecai are also waiting while playing beer chess, or in this case rum chess. Suddenly, a smirking Qrow, accompanied by Goodwitch and Ozpin, arrive in the elevator.

???: Here's what 'Rum' Chess looks like. Now if you would excuse me, I need to find the Author.

Winter: What were you thinking!?

Ironwood: If you were one of my men, I would have you shot!

Qrow: *pulls out flask* If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself.

Both the non-humans laughed as they continued their game.

Goodwitch: While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation.

Winter: He was drunk!

Goodwitch: He's always drunk!

Everyone in the room turned toward Qrow who was drinking from his flask, who stopped when he noticed everyone looking at him and just shrugged.

Mordecai: Aye!

Ozpin: Qrow, why are you here?

Winter: And I would also like to know what those two are doing here.

Ironwood: Qrow, you've been out of contact for weeks! You can't just go dark like that in the field!

Qrow: I'm not one of your special operatives, Jimmy!

Winter: General.

Qrow&Drake&Mordecai: Whatever.

Qrow: You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here.

Ironwood: We know.

Qrow: Oh! Oh, you know! Well, thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!

Ironwood: Qrow-

Qrow: Communication's a two-way street, pal. You see this? *pulls out his Scroll and points to it* That's the SEND button.

Drake: Heh, burn.

Winter: They had reason to assume you'd been compromised.

Qrow: And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. Seriously, who invited her?

Mordecai: Yeah, tell your servant to leave.

Winter pulled out her sword and pointed it at Mordecai's throat. Mordecai laughed as he grabbed the blade and put it closer to his throat.

Mordecai: Do it, I fucking dare you. Hell, it'll even show you why I'm here.

Ironwood: Schnee, stand down.

Winter: But sir!

Ironwood: Winter. Leave.

Then Y/N appeared from behind Drake making his appearance.

Y/N: Awww, but if she leaves, then she would miss seeing me.

Winter: Shadow Rose, I'm-

Y/N: Placing me under arrest, yadda yadda. I've heard the whole story before. But if your going to arrest me, then you'll have to get through Ozpin.

Ironwood: What does he mean, Ozpin?

Mordecai: Well, if you shut your trap for once Metaldick, you would know.

Y/N: Huh, so you call him Metaldick too.

Ozpin: Mr. Shadow Rose, would you like to properly introduce yourself?

Y/N: Gladly. I am know by many names... The Shadow Rose... The Shadow of Summer Rose... The Fear Master... As well as a few others. You know me by my birth name. I am Y/N L/N.

Y/N took off his hood and the shadows dissipated from around his face.

Y/N: Hey bitches, I'm back! Did ya miss me?

Ironwood: You're The Shadow Rose?!

Winter: How can you be HIM? You're just a child!

Y/N smirked as he snapped his fingers. A red mist was being emitted from his cloak as Winter took a step back.

Y/N: A child, I may be... But kick your ass, I will.

Drake: You know, Schnee... I find it funny how you berate Weiss for missing a few hits in the tournament... Yet you couldn't even land a single hit on a drunken old man. 

Glynda: ...

Ozpin: ...

Ironwood: ...

Qrow: ...

Winter: ...

Y/N: ...

Mordecai: Gonna need a Senzu for that one.

Regaining his composer, Ironwood ordered Winter to leave the room. Once she did, Ironwood began to explain his plans. Y/N left the room via Shadow Travel, having enough of hearing the tinman talk. He entered a hallway and began to look for a certain room. When he found it, he smiled and walked through the door. Meanwhile Teams RWBY, JNPR and T/N were walking to their dorms When they saw Y/N walk into a room. Being curious, they decided to follow their friend to see what he was up to. When they opened the door, they saw Y/N talking to his clones as they were picking up different instruments.

Y/N: Take a seat my friends, I want to sing a song and I want you to tell me what you think of it.

Unsurprised that Y/N knew they were, the two teams took a seat in the music room as Y/N was finishing setting up everything he needed.

Ruby: So what are you going to sing?

Y/N: Something that described me before I met all of you.

He then picked up microphone and began to sing.

A/N: Lyrics here in case video gets deleted!

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's only me, and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

I walk alone, I walk alone
I walk alone and I walk a

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone

Ah ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah ah

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line of the edge
And where I walk alone

Read between the lines
What's fucked up and every thing's all right
Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive
And I walk alone

I walk alone, I walk alone
I walk alone and I walk a

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone

Ah ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah ah

I walk alone, I walk a

I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone

When the song ended Y/N exhaled as the clones vanished. He smiled as everyone was clapping at his performance.

???: Very impressive Mr. L/N.

Everyone turned and saw Ozpin standing in he doorway with Drake and Mordecai standing behind him.

Mordecai: That's a really good song.

Drake: Not bad... Now, why don't you all head back to your dorms? Don't want to fight exhausted now do we?

Everyone left the room except Y/N who was putting the equipment away.

Mordecai: Are you prepared for tomorrow?

Y/N: Yeah, but I'm still pissed we couldn't get Team CRMN arrested.

Drake: Yeah, because we need more 'evidence' than the words of a vigilante.

Mordecai: Wait, CRMN? If Neo is on your team then who is the other person?

Y/N: I think I heard his name is... Necross?

Drake: Fuck...

Ozpin: What is it?

Drake: I think I just found Cross.

Y/N: Your arch nemesis?

Drake: Yeah, Necross and Cross are the same person.

Ozpin: Fuck...

Mordecai: Drake, open the portal. I need to let off some steam.

Drake: And piss someone off?

Mordecai: Mayyybe.

Drake's mask seemed to crack into a smile as he opened a portal.

Drake: Go have fun with her. And Y/N?

Y/N: Yes?

Drake: We've got to have a serious talk about your choice of reading.

Y/N shrugged as Mordecai began laughing maniacally as he jumped through the portal.

A/N

And there we have it, another chapter to help with your boredom. LOL.

So I actually have a new book in mind. It's basically a 'cold M!Reader x abused Ruby Rose'. Ruby gets abused after the death of Yang (which happened when Yang took Ruby with her to find Raven. (Yes, that flashback when Yang was telling Blake to take a break)). The only people who actually cared for Ruby is Qrow and Raven.

Yeah, that's just the basis I have so far.

Anyway, leave a vote, comment, and your support.

Sky Above, Voice Within.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 16 22
A young boy looked down upon by his family. One day, the young Y/N Rose leaves in pursuit of something more. Until he is approached by a orange haire...
47.6K 393 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
166K 2.1K 9
(F/N) (L/N) is just another face in the crowd. No one would bother looking twice at him. Except someone does, two someone's in fact. Somehow, (F/N) m...
133K 1.2K 19
Y/N L/N was once a student of Union University. During his time at the Union, he was bullied by most of his classmates and some of the teachers ignor...