W| The 3 Halsteads

By Samantha_Chicago

Katrina Halstead grew up with her family or so she thought after she became a firefighter she got a job at fi... More

A/N
Big and Little
Date Night
Nick
She's Back
"Scared Us"
Foster Carer
Mommy
The New Halstead
Date
Day After Date
Shopping Trip
Target
Undercover
Sick
"Nothing Is Normal"
"Serious"
Visitor
Friend and Family
People Know Now
Lieutenant
Arsonist
Fights
Barbecue
"Hell of a day"
Painting
Birthday Party
Birthday Girl!
Back In Town
"Gift"
Apollo
Coming Clean
Not My Day
Complaint
First Christmas Together
Early
Coming Home
A/N

The Past

1.6K 20 8
By Samantha_Chicago

Katrina's POV

I woke up and Mouse was still behind me. "Hey Handsome you need to wake up before Jay gets here" "Morning sunshine" He yawned into my neck "Hey Jay's' gonna be here" Mouse slowly got out of bed "And Will's shift starts soon as well" "Double chance of getting caught" I nodded "If Will or Jay catches you leaving tell them I text you asking you to come in and then if they ask why say I wanted a computer that had the database on so I could work from here" he nodded "Do you want me to bring you anything with that computer?" "Doughnuts?" "Nice try" "I think Jay is gonna bring me clothes so no just the computer" "Ok I'll see you later" I nodded and kissed Mouse then he left.
I grabbed my phone and looked at it "Hey little sister I'm coming soon and I'm going to bring you some clothes" I smiled and messaged Jay back "Morning big brother bring me some comfy clothes in case I'm allowed to go home then I'm coming to intelligence" I looked up and Brett was standing there.
I smiled and she came in "So how are you feeling?" "Like a beam landed on me" I smiled, "I thought I would stop by before going back to 51" I nodded "Well you better get going overprotective brother has arrived" I smiled and Brett turned around and Jay was walking towards. "I'm gonna go in case he saw Mouse leaving" I looked at her with wide eyes "Your secret is safe with me, Kidd, Foster and Alex" "You dare" I pointed my finger at her just as Jay walked in "Bye Brett" "Bye Halstead" I smiled and turned to Jay.
"Change of clothes and some good food" "How good?" "Doughnuts and cookies" "You know me so well now give me a cookie" Jay handed me a choc chip cookie. "Mhh this is so nice" 
"Hey Connor" "Now I hope there is a cookie for me" "Not a chance Connor these are mine and the best food I've had in 24 hours Gallo can't cook anything so this is the best food" "Well if I knew Gallo was the one cooking I wouldn't have said anything" I chuckled "Ohh that hurts" "It will do any way you are good to go once that bag is finished and here are you pain meds take them every 4 hours roughly" I nodded "Thanks Connor" I looked at Jay "You can go I can get someone to take me to 51 and you can pick me up from there" "I'll drive you to 51" "You sure?" "Yeah" I grabbed my phone and texted Mouse "Hey handsome don't bring me the computer I'm being discharged" I sighed "What's wrong" "Nothing" I finished the bag of fluids and April walked in "Hey I'll remove this then you can get changed you can sign your discharge paperwork at the nurse's desk" I nodded. April walked out and I looked at Jay "Go speak to Will I can make my way down to the ED myself" "Ok but I don't want to" I grabbed my duffel bag and opened it. Jay had put in a pair of grey joggers and one of his CPD hoodies. I smiled and got changed then put my hair in a messy bun before I walked out of the room with the duffel bag on my shoulder. 
"Hey Maggie" "Halstead how are you" "Getting there" "Well you can sign here and here then you can go" I signed the paperwork then walked down to the ED.
"Halstead good to see you again" I chuckled then stopped "Well I promised my brother I would meet him down here so have you seen the other 2 Halsteads?" "Breakroom" "Thanks Maggie" I walked into the breakroom "Hey there's the third Halstead" I smiled and walked over to them. I dumped the duffel bag on the floor and collapsed next to them on the sofa. "Ok, as much as I love you Will Jay can we please go to 51" "Sure let's go" I stood up "Bye big sister" "Bye little brother" Jay put his arm around me and we walked out to his car "Did you even notice I took your duffel bag" "It's your duffel bag actually mine is still at work" I smiled and got into his car. "Let's go" 

Jay opened my door and helped me out "I can walk it was my ribs" "Your head and the inside of your body" I sighed "Let's go then and thanks for the hoodie you are never getting this back" "Didn't think I was gonna so that's why I gave it to you" He kissed my head and I put my head on his shoulder.
"Hey, there she is" I smiled as we walked into the common room "How you feeling Halstead" "You know it's sore but I will survive" I looked at Jay "Give me a minute" "Ok" I looked at Brett "Get the girls to the locker room" she nodded and I walked to the locker room and opened my locker and took my duffel bag out and sat on the bench. 
"So what one of these have you told?" I looked at Brett and she looked at Kidd and she looked at Foster then Foster looked at Alex "Alex who have you told?" "No one I promise" "Ok stays quiet about this I still have to tell my brother" "Don't worry your secret is safe with us" I nodded "It better be" I stood up and walked through to the common room. 
Jay took my duffel bag from me "What do you have in this?" "Open it" "Katrina Isabella Halstead" "Where did Isabella come from?" "Your middle name" "My middle name is Elizabeth Jane" I chuckled then grabbed my ribs "Are you ok?" "Yeah, it's just my ribs" "Ok I need to get to the 21st before Hailey comes and attacks me" "That's my job" I smiled and we walked out to the car. Jay helped me in the car.

I got out and we walked into the 21st "Hey Trudy" "Katrina how are you?" "I'm getting there" I smiled and walked up to the gate and put my hand on the scanner. "Halstead" I turned around "Good to see you on your feet" I smiled then Jay walked up behind me "When did your hand go in the database?" "When Trudy forced me" We walked up the stairs to the bullpen. 
"Hey, the Halstead's are back" I smiled "Hey Ruzek" I walked over to him and hugged him then whispered in his ear "You are still hiding something" I pulled away then smirked then sat at my desk and pulled my phone out and messaged Mouse "I'll hug you and kiss you later" I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket "Katrina" I looked up at Jay "What?" "Did your lover show up yesterday?" "Maybe he did maybe he didn't" I smirked then looked at my computer. I signed on and looked at the database then the whiteboard. "What's the case?" "Murder from yesterday" "I thought youse would have handed that over" "We were gonna but you were fine so we came back" I nodded "So how can I help?" "Erm CCTV" "Where?" "Here" I nodded and started typing "Ok I have one what am I looking for?" "Kara Alexander" I nodded and played the video footage. "I got something" I printed the picture of Kara meeting a young man.
I grabbed the picture and stuck it on the board "I've got Kara meeting a young man but he doesn't show his face" "Ok so we have her meeting someone at" "8:52 pm" "Ok so she met someone at 8:52 pm" I nodded then sat down again "Jay throw me the pills Connor gave me" Jay threw them and I caught them "There's a glass of water" "Thanks Jay" I smiled and Jay kissed my head and I took the pain meds. I started typing then found another camera that showed the boys face. I printed the picture and got his name "Ok I got the boys name Cameron Johnston in the gang database" I stood up and grabbed the picture then stuck it on the whiteboard. "Ok gear up go get him" "Stay safe big brother" "I will be" Jay kissed my head and they all left. I put my hand up to say 5 minutes.
 I started typing and after 5 minutes I got up and walked over to Mouse and kissed him "I missed you" I smiled "Want a coffee?" "Why not" I made me and Mouse a cup of coffee and walked back through and handed Mouse his coffee then sat down. I zoned out then someone walked up the stairs
"So what have you two been up to?" "What?" "What have you two been up to?" "Nothing I was looking someone up in the database" "I was looking at plates for Atwater" I nodded then Ruzek walked up behind me and whispered "You are also hiding something" I nodded and turned around "And you are hiding something bigger than me" I smirked then turned around "What about your car?" "I'll get it when I go back to work my keys are in my turnout gear because I always forget to take them out my other trousers" I chuckled this time, not in pain. "Hey little sister let's go home" I looked at him "Ok but I want to go to Molly's" "Ok we can go later but you need to change into something I don't like" I chuckled "Of course you picked this out for me" I smiled and we walked down the stairs and out to Jay's car. 

I got out the car and walked into the house "I missed this place" "It was the same length as your shift" "I know but I still missed it" I walked to my bedroom and got changed into a pair of black jeans, an oversized olive green crop hoodie and I grabbed my black high heeled boots. I put my hair into a high ponytail. I walked out of my bedroom and sat next to Jay on the sofa. "Look at your stitches" I nodded "That's gonna leave one scar" "Yep so then Will is the only one without a scar on his stomach" I smiled "Let's go" I nodded and we walked out to the car.

I got out of the car and walked around the car and walked into Molly's with Jay. "I have a date tonight" "Of course you do I'll come to embarrass you later" I smirked and sat next to intelligence
"Ok so Jay has a date and I need stories" "You probably have enough" "That's true" I chuckled "You're having a group date" I looked up at Kidd was standing behind me "You are crazy and you say anything else and I will kill you" I smiled "Come over" "And meet my brothers date not gonna happen but I will come annoy him" I smiled and stood up and walked to the bar. "Herrmann can I get a soda please" "Sure kid" I smiled and Herrmann handed me a soda "Thanks" I walked over to the table where Jay was sitting.
"Hey" "How are you doing?" "You know I'm getting there but I want to get back" "I understand that" I nodded then looked at Jay "Kat what's wrong?" "Nothing why?" "There's something wrong last time you took your pain meds?" "Erm at the 21st" "Take some" Jay put my pain meds on the table  "Why do you have these I left them on my desk" "I picked them up" I picked them up from the table and took some. "I cancelled a date so I'm going to go to intelligence" I hugged him then walked over to intelligence.
"You ok Halstead" "Huh? Yeah, I'm fine" "If you say so" I nodded and drank my soda. "I need to go steal my brother" I walked over to Jay "Hey can I steal you I need to confess something" He looked at me with worry in his eyes "Yeah are you ok?" I nodded and we walked outside. "What's wrong" I looked up at him scared of what he might think "There's a reason I don't take the pain meds" "I know the same reason I don't" I looked at him "Really?" "Yeah, when I came back from the war I hit a downwards spiral I was drinking and doing stuff I shouldn't have been doing" "Yeah but I got addicted when I was younger maybe 14 or 15 years old" "Hey I'm not gonna let you fall down that hole, ok I will watch you take them and keep them on me so I know you aren't taking any more" I nodded "Thanks Jay" "It's what big brothers do now go meet your lover or something" "Your watching I can't" I smirked and walked back inside and other to intelligence. 
Mouse looked at me "Everything ok?" I looked at Kevin "Yeah it is now" I smiled and took a drink of my soda. I felt some muscular arms around my neck "You ready to go?" I looked up and Jay had his arms around my neck "What about your date" "She didn't believe you were my sister" "Want me to talk to her because I have ID on me because apparently I don't look old enough to buy you a beer" "Nah I want to go home and go to bed" "Well I'm up for that" I stood up and waved to intelligence before walking out to Jay's car. 
"I'm sorry for ruining your date" "Nah it's ok" I looked at him.

I opened the car door then walked into the house and took my boots off. "I'm gonna go get changed" "Ok I'll be here" I nodded and walked through to my bedroom. I got changed into a pair of leggings and Jay's CPD jumper he gave me earlier. I took my hair out and put it in a messy bun then walked into the living room. I sat next to Jay and put my head on his shoulder "Movie or the game" "Game" I smiled and Jay put his arm around me and kissed my head "I will find out who your lover is" "And on that note, I'm going to bed" I kissed Jay's cheek then stood up and walked to my bedroom. I took my phone out and messaged Mouse "Night Handsome I'll see you tomorrow" I smiled and put my phone on the nightstand then climbed under the covers and closed my eyes.

Alex belongs to Alexmarie_19

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 254 10
Kayla woods has finally decided to settle thrown in Chicago after getting a place as a paramedic in 51. Which is really good for her because that's w...
38.6K 418 20
Bethany 'Beth' Halstead, the younger sister of Jay and Will and has a very close relationship with both of their brothers. Beth is known to be the fe...
66.9K 1K 56
Ava Halstead just came back from 2 years as a Marine and is going to firehouse 51 on squad 3 but isn't on the best terms with her brothers because of...
2.8K 38 11
This is the story of Jay, Will and Ashley Halstead, these siblings lost their parents in a car accident when Ashley was 4, Will was 23 and Jay was 25...