He Broke Me

By Emilia1239000

(Completedโœ”) He was her everything. Until he broke her beyond repair. Until he ruined her.... She was his eve... More

Authors note
Cast
Prologue
Awards won
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
[2] Chapter 40
Chapter 41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
Epilogue-I
Epilogue-II
Authors Note
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter:1
Bonus chapter 2
Bonus chapter 3 (Adam)

48

14.3K 540 115
By Emilia1239000

Ava's pov

Yesterday, Draco announced about a certain masquerade party we were all supposed to attend to. I don't know why, I was a bit hesitant at first at the thought of attending a party. I never really liked big gatherings which is why I didn't want to attend this event as well. But it seems, his business partner insisted for all of us to attend which is why here I was getting dressed.

I had first gotten Lia dressed in a cute little blue frock. At first, I wasn't sure about Lia attending, but since Mr.Johnson confirmed that there will be a play room for kids, I couldn't leave my baby behind.

And now I was getting dressed myself. I didn't know what to wear. And given the short notice, the decision was even more difficult.

But my queries were all closed when Draco gifted me a beautiful gown yesterday. It was a velvet off shoulder black gown which had the perfect puff sleeves making it look extravagant.

And when I wore it and looked at myself in the mirror, I felt beautiful. I looked radiant and for the first time in forever, my eyes twinkled with an unforeseen happiness. My heart battered against my chest. There was something about this party which excited me after I wore this dress. I was eager to go there now. Maybe it was just because of the mystery of everyone being hidden with the masks. But was it really the mystery which drew me to it when in entirety, my whole life was one.

As I kept staring at myself, Draco suddenly appeared from nowhere and there he was looking dashing in his shiny black tuxedo.

He came behind me as he wrapped his arms around me and we both just stared at the mirror smiling at each other.

"You look gorgeous," he whispered against my ear as he gently placed a kiss to my cheek

I smiled at his statement as I responded in the same tone as his, "and you sir look adequate."

"Well my gorgeous girl. This adequate man of yours wants to give you a gift."

"A gift?"

"You have to close your eyes to get your gift. And no cheating."

I chuckled as I closed my eyes anticipating what the gift was. And it was at this moment that I felt something cold against my neck. Immediately I opened my eyes to see a beautiful locket on my neck. It was a golden heart adorned with intricate patterns.

"For my heart," he whispered

I clutched it tightly in my hand as he said that. His heart. I was his heart. Although I didnt deserve to be.

I needed to say that to him. I needed to say whatever was there in my heart. I needed to say him that I was still busy looking for my own heart.

I turned away from the mirror, just to look at him. Properly this time.

"Draco. You don't deserve this," I lightly whispered

"Sunshine. I don't know what I deserve. The only thing I do know is that I love you."

"Last night. When I pulled away from you at first, it was because....it was because I had a vision. I...I saw someone. Someone else kissing me"

His jaw tightened as I said that.

"I don't mean to hurt you. But you deserve to know the truth Draco. There was someone in the past. And God, that thought worries me. What all did I leave behind?"

"Sunshine..."

"No please listen to me. I...I wish...God. Why is love so complicated? Why can't we just choose what our hearts decide. I want everything with you Draco. But my heart isn't letting me move ahead when there is whole other life I don't know about"

"Ava does it really matter? It has been two years. Whoever was there must've moved on. Stop worrying about all this Ava. I am ready to wait for you."

"But this is not fair. Listen Draco. I do love you but I just am not in love with you. Atleast not yet. I dont know whether it makes sense. But I don't know when I'll be able to finally let go. You don't deserve this Draco. You shouldn't wait for someone who is so lost that she doesnt even know what she wants. You should go out. Look for better woman whom you can love and who can love you back"

"Ava..."

"If you are worrying about Lia, then forget all that. I am her mother and I'll always be. Whether you love me or not."

"But I'll always love you"

"But why"

"There is no why in love, my love."

I wanted to cry out at that moment. How could a person love me so much? I still couldn't love myself. I needed to know who I was before I could do that.

He cupped my cheeks and gave me a little eskimo kiss and he said,

"Being with you is more than enough for me. Now stop worrying my heart, we have a party to attend. Let's go."

------

When we finally reached our destination, I was about to walk out of the car when Draco stopped me, only to remind me to wear my mask. He didn't wear his own one until now, which is why I felt a tad weird when he said me to wear mine. But I didn't say anything as I wore my mask and proceeded to walk out with him

We were greeted with Mr.Johnson, Draco's business partner as soon as we entered the place

"Draco. My man. I was waiting for you. And who are these beautiful women with you."

"Mr.Johnson, this right here is my beautiful girlfriend Ava and this is my daughter Lia."

"Oh. Welcome both of you. Now come along."

As soon as we entered, my eyes went around looking at the beautiful place we were in. As I was looking around, my eyes fell upon a man who was standing with another masked woman dressed in purple. I couldn't look at his face as his back was turned to me. As I was about to turn, he looked around and that is when my eyes fell upon his unmasked face.

Wait. Isn't this the same man I met day before yesterday?

Adam's pov

I was waiting for so long by my car for Julia, that I was slightly irritated now. Her lack of punctuality always annoyed me.

When I was finally done, I was about to call her when she finally came out running towards my direction. She was wearing a purple georgette gown and she was still putting on her earrings as she advanced towards my way

As I looked at her, I noticed that she looked beautiful. A sad smile came upon my face as I wondered how my Sabrina would've looked today. She would be the one attending with me. If only she was here

"I'm sorry sir. My hair just takes too much time."

"Forget about all this. Let's go now"

"Ok sir."

"Oh and Julia. You don't have to call me sir when we are not at work. You can call me Adam."

"Adam?" She tested my name in her lips as if it was some weird word.

"Yes Adam. That is my name you know."

"Okay si...Adam"

------

"Did you find out?" I questioned Julia as I was driving myself to the place

"Find out what?"

"I gave you a job Julia. Could you be..."

"Oh that. I actually checked with the name Black, May and Sabrina but there was no reservation. And you know what. I had to fight with the receptionist. Apparently, she did not believe that Mr.Black would hire someone like me. That bi..ugh"

I didn't respond after that. What was I expecting. She is dead. Gone forever. What the hell was I ever expecting? Did I really expect my imaginations to turn into reality.

Julia noticed my silence as she spoke,

"Sir...I mean Adam. It's been two years right. Since she passed away. Then why were you...I must be prying. Sorry"

I didn't have to reply to her. It wasn't a necessity. But I dont know why, I still did.

"I saw her. I mean I see her everyday when I close my eyes. But this time, it felt so real"

"You still love her alot, don't you?"

"Always. I'll always love her. She may be far away from me now. But she is still right here with me. In my heart."

"She must've been very lucky. To have a man who loved her this much."

I chuckled humourlessly at her statement, " she wasn't. She wasn't lucky. I...I never treated her right. I was very bad to her. In ways you cant imagine. She didn't deserve that. I never really got the chance to apologise to her"

"Wherever she is. She must've forgiven you by now for whatever you did. Because you deserve it."

"I don't. I really don't."

"But.."

"Well. No more about this topic," I spoke out, as I realised I told her way more than I should've.

"What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yes. You. Any unlucky man or woman in your life," I said cheekily

She laughed as she responded, "Well. I do have a boyfriend."

"Is that so? Tell me more about him."

"His name is Thomas. He has a restaurant of his own. He works really hard at it. We have been dating for about 2 years now. "

"You are lucky. To have a person you love with you."

As I said that, she passed me a gentle smile as she said,

"You will get someone too you know. One day."

"I told you. I already have her. In my heart."

A lil bit longer chapter for all of you. Next chapter will be longer and more exciting hehe😌

This is Lia

Hope you all liked the chapter. Show your love through votes and comments💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

937K 36.7K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || ๐‘ฏ๐’† ๐’‡๐’†๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’”๐’‰๏ฟฝ...
962K 25.5K 61
#64 in Romance 08/02/18 #11 in Dark Romance 07/30/18 #18 in Dark Romance 07/20/18 #139 in Dark Romance 07/05/18 #30 in Dark Romance 07/12/18 Amelia: ...
3.7K 93 19
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–+| I was said to be ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ž๐, ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž... ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž. I had heard it so much...
7.9K 561 49
Mature content !!!! Forced marriage ! I didn't ask for it ! " I will ruin your innocence " " You will be destroyed with me " " You betrayed me an...