Small Talk (Niall Horan)

By criselr

Niall Horan has taken a keen interest on Twitter and Instagram during his time off. During one of his live se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 16

27.1K 622 1.2K
By criselr

*Sofias's P.O.V.*

I woke up the next morning and felt disoriented when I first opened my eyes, not realizing where I was nor recognizing my surroundings. And then, it hit me, I was in Niall's room, I had slept here with him, duh. I can be so stupid sometimes. Niall was still sleeping besides me, his arm still draped over my body. Quietly and moving as slow as I possibly could I turned around to watch him sleep, not in a creepy way or anything, but he just looked so peaceful when sleeping. I wasn't staring at him or watching him sleep, let's call it admiring him as he sleeps, it sounds less creepy. I felt him start stirring next to me and a second later he opened his eyes a bit, clearly still sleepy.

"Morning." He mumbled with a light smile across his face.

"Morning, do you want to sleep some more?" I asked him while he yawned.

"Just a couple more minutes." He now spoke with his eyes closed, clearly he was still tired.

"Sure, go back to sleep Nialler. I'll go and make us breakfast."

"You're the best girlfriend ever." I heard him mumble as I got out of bed.I headed downstairs, trying to be as quiet as possible to give him a chance to sleep more, after all he was going back on tour in a week and he barely has time to rest. I decided to cook eggs, bacon and waffles, a typical American breakfast, but with a twist, I liked my waffles with Nutella not syrup, so that's how I was going to make them. I suddenly remembered that I still hadn't called my mom, better get it done now, it's better now than later. I checked the clock, it was 9:30 am, which meant back home it was already 11:30. I grabbed my phone and called her, silently wishing she wouldn't pick up, but of course she did, after the 2nd ring.

"Hi sweetie, how are you?" I heard her speak through the phone in Spanish.

"Hi mom, I'm doing great. What about you? Is every one okay?" I decided to put the phone on speaker so that I could continue making breakfast.

"Yeah, we're all good here. Can't wait to see you."

"Neither can I. So...I've got to tell you something." I admitted.

"Did something bad happen?" She asked concerned.

"No, not at all.It's just that I kind of met someone and that's the reason I decided to stay more time in LA."

"Really?" She asked incredulous yet sarcastic way.

"Why did you use that tone?" I asked her curiously.

"Because I already knew honey. I mean come on, you aren't good at hiding things. You were on your phone all day long, texting and talking to someone in English. You didn't think we would notice?"

"Well...you're right." I laughed.

"Besides, no offense, but you're not really that much of a social butterfly. The minute you asked me to stay in LA for a couple of weeks with your friends I knew something was up. I knew that you were going to LA to meet with someone, I presumed the person you were talking to all day long for all those months. I was just waiting to see how long it took you to come clean. You took quite a while." Phew, so she wasn't mad, thankfully.

"Yeah, sorry. I just figured you wouldn't let me, or well, at least dad wouldn't let me."

"You're already 23, almost 24 years old I think you're old enough to make your own decisions. And you payed the whole trip with your own money."

"Well yeah, and besides, you know me, and you know I always meditate really hard before making decisions and I wouldn't do anything that would put me in danger or ruin my life."

"I know, I know. So tell me, who is this person you met?"

"You won't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

"Fine, but don't laugh at me. And you have to believe me."

"Yes, I promise I won't laugh and I'll believe you." 

"Shit." I whispered kind of loudly as a drop of hot oil flew into my hand.

"Everything okay?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah, I just lightly burned my hand." I spoke and as soon as the words left my mouth I regretted them. Fuck, it was one thing to tell her I had come to LA to meet up with a guy, but it was a whole other thing to tell her I was actually staying at his place!

"Oh so you're cooking breakfast huh?" She asked in a suggestive tone.

"Mom, it's not like that. You know me, I don't go sleeping around. He just offered me a place to stay so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel."

"Fine, I trust you. Is there anything else I should know? Is there a grandchild on the way or anything?"

"Mooom, of course not!"

"Okay, well, who is he? Tell me about him."

"Okay, well.. you remember a couple months ago when Niall included me in his live video and we spoke?"

"Yeah, and that's relevant to your story because..." She trailed off so that I could continue explaining.

"Well, then Niall added me on Instagram and we started messaging each other and then those messages turned into calls and face times..." I continued, hoping she'd catch on.

"Wait, wait, wait. So you're telling me, that the guy you met and have been talking to for all these months is Niall? The Niall from One Direction?"

"Yes mom." 

"Really?" She asked again, because she didn't believe me of course, and I couldn't blame her, I wouldn't believe myself either.

"Yes mom, why would I lie about something like that?"

"Umm because you were practically obsessed with One Direction growing up. Are you sure it's him?"

"Yes mom! It's not like I'm imagining things, of course it's him."

"And why did you hide it from us?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't believe me!"

"Fine, let's say I believe you. Where do you see this going? I mean, he's travelling all the time, he lives in the UK and USA and you live in Mexico."

"I don't know mom, we haven't worked out the details yet. I mean he only asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday, we haven't had time to talk about that, but we'll figure it out, we'll make it work."

"Wait, his girlfriend?" 

"Yes, he asked me last night. Mom, it was amazing, he's amazing. He took me to Disneyland, and he even hired a private tour guide for the day, remember how expensive those are? And ughh, it was just perfect, we had dinner at a very fancy restaurant and then he took me to the terrace to watch the fireworks and then he told me that he has liked me from a very long time, even from before we met."

"Well, then I'm happy for you sweetie. I didn't like the fact that you hid it from us, especially from me, but I'll let it slide. I can hear how happy you are."

"Thanks mom, and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. It's just that I really wanted to meet him in person, I know that I had already met him like 8 years ago in the meet and greet, but you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. But wait, does he know you were obsessed with him?"

"Well, yeah. I even told him about my tiktok account." I laughed.

"And he's okay with it?" She laughed as well, she knew my tiktok account was dedicated to the boys.

"Yeah, he's even recorded some tiktoks himself so that I could get 'exclusive' content."

"He does sound like he's a good guy."

"Of course he is mom, I've been talking to him for months and he's been nothing but sweet. He's just the greatest guy I've ever met. He always listens when I have something to tell him, he remembers every little detail, he takes care of me, he helps me whenever I have a problem, and he is such a laid back person like me. I swear we are meant for each other."

"Well, it looks like someone's in love." 

"Mom...shh...he'll hear you." I shushed her.

"He's with you right now?"

"No he's not right here mom, he's upstairs, but he could come down any second."

"Fine, but at least admit it, you don't just like him, from the way you talk about him, I think you love him. You've never talked like this about the other guys you've dated."

"Well, I do think I'm falling."

"I knew it."

"Oh, and by the way, don't tell the rest of the family yet, I want to tell them myself, especially Valentina, she'll freak out, you know she's a fan."

"Fine I won't tell them until you get here."

"Thank you. And if she shows you pictures of Niall in Disneyland with some girl, don't tell her it's me please."

"I won't, I won't."

"Thanks." I stopped talking because I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Mom, I've got to go, he's coming down."

"Okay, but promise me that you won't do anything stupid and that you'll introduce us later today or another day, at least thru the phone."

"Yeah, I promise." I talked in a hushed voice. "Bye mom."

"Bye sweetie, be safe, don't get pregnant."

"Okayyy mom. Byee." I responded before hanging up, and a few seconds later Niall appeared in the kitchen.

"Morning baby, who were you talking with?" He curiously asked as he started looking at all of the food I had cooked.

"Oh my mom, I decided to tell her, before she or my sister found photos online or something."

"That's great, how did she take it?"

"Pretty well actually, I expected her to be mad, but she wasn't. It's okay that I told her right?"

"Yeah, of course, you can tell whomever you'd like."

"Just my family for now." I smiled at him.

"Perfect. So, I see you've cooked breakfast for us?" 

"Yeah, dig in." I spoke as we both sat to eat.

"Oh remember that I told you that me and the boys were talking again?" Niall said in between bites.

"Yeah, I remember."

"Well, we were supposed to meet up today to talk about stuff for our 10 year anniversary, and I had kind of forgotten it. Liam just reminded us."

"Oh that's great Niall, you always tell me how much you miss the boys. I'm so glad you're finally getting to see them."

"Yeah me too. Do you want to come with me? I want my girlfriend to meet my best friends."

"Sure, I'd love to go." OMFG, 15 year old me would have a heart attack, not that 23 year old me wouldn't, I'd just gotten better at hiding it. I can't believe that I'm meeting my boyfriends friends, and that they are none other than One Direction! Someone pinch me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? She finally told her mom! And she's such a chill mom, I know mine would kill me if I hid something like that from her. And now the rest of the boys are going to be on the story too! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 797 34
"and i ended a friendship on the day that i left and though i really meant it, it still makes me upset." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the ex-member of a worldwide...
802K 26.8K 83
When a girl gets a text from an unknown number. | Highest ranking in Fan Fiction: #13 | © 2015 xAUSSIEGALx ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
78.8K 1.4K 42
"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚" [Highest rankings] 1# in everywhere 1# in Oned...
802K 15.4K 55
[Book 1] Not many people are lucky enough to have a close and genuine friend in a person as Olivia Masterson does in someone as remarkable as Harry S...