My brother's best friend

Autorstwa YUDKBHT

"Get a hold on yourself you silly girl. He is Maheshwari, you are Aggarwal. He is a player, he is extremely h... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Cover
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Important Note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Note
Prevention is better than Cure
Fun amid Lockdown
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Eulogy
Chapter 32 (Draft)
Epilogue

Chapter 29

2.8K 233 123
Autorstwa YUDKBHT

Biggest shoutout to Tanvi Di who goes by the username of tanvimorye2. She played a massive role in deciding the plot of this chapter! Cheers to a very sweet person and an absolutely pure soul.

Things often do not go as planned. There are so many beings in the world, so many different phenomenons, so many events that might end up influencing the things you had previously "planned." And we make definite predictions don't we? But more often than not, those do not work out. Maybe that is the reason why saints and the intellectuals asked us to live in the present.

On a side note however, if anyone happened to be in Sameer Maheshwari's shoes, there was no way he/she could have ever predicted one Naina Aggarwal's behaviour. Not that he didn't try, mind you. He spent all his time and efforts to predict how their first face-to-face meeting will go once they finally see each other. In his daydream, he apologized to Naina all he could, tried to explain his stand to her, and Naina, the sweet, innocent Naina heard him out quietly. But his daydreams varied too. She was understanding in some, silent and calm in others, angry in a few, but nonetheless.....she was herself. Pure and innocent.

But there was no way he had ever predicted this version of her, the one which had nothing to do with him. Other than the bulshit "Ek dum bhadiya," she had uttered after he had somehow managed to corner her, she hadn't even glanced at him. It's like he didn't exist in the same universe as her anymore. He stole a glance of her again.

There she was, on the chair opposite him, huddled between Preeti and Munna, chuckling at his attempts to make her laugh. Pink salwar kameez, hair in a neat braid and a smile to kill for. No way she is a human. No way she was born between them, the others, the mere mortals. But Sameer stared at her baby pink jhumkas for bit longer. A-very-long-to-be-sane time. He couldn't help but compare them to the one hidden safely in the confines of his room. He wondered if these will feel the same in his hands, will have the smell as the one with him, will arouse him the same. He shook his heads to clear his thoughts and forced himself to dwell on other elements around her.The chowmine she had ordered was already cold by now, but she didn't seem to mind since she continued stealing a few spoonfuls here and there. The fingers of her right hand absentmindedly tapped the table, while the left was still busy in tucking away the few strands of her locks that escaped from her loose braid. But her Naina, the most beautiful orbs on the planet weren't complimenting the state she was trying to present. They were anxious and.....uneasy.

It was all fake wasn't it.

But he should give her some credit. Every part of her, except those beautiful eyes were doing their job well. Her eyes, her beautiful lovely orbs, had already revealed her secret. Maybe it couldn't have been a secret ever. Not to him anyway. He very well knew, she was feeling opposite of what she was trying to show him.

But he didn't deserve to know everything about her directly. Not anymore. What he deserved was her anger, her slaps, her yelling.... everything. She can even murder him if she wants too. But just not this. Never this. He never wanted her this way, dying in the vincity of her own secluded heart. Inaudibly yet painfully.

He swallowed down a choked sob. He wanted to scream, wanted to shake her violently and knock some sense into her. She didn't have to pretend. He already knew. Chupaane se kuch nahi hoga Naina. Because more than often not, a silent heart suffers more painfully than a responsive one. Because Grief often seals the heart.
The only way to heal a sealed heart is to break the seal and shout it out.

But he can't say anything. He has to swallow everything down. His words would only break her further. He had already broken her trust, her heart....what if he ends up breaking her spirit?

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.
And though for two different reasons, they both have this hardship don't they?

He himself interrupted his guilt-ridden-trip to Naina's heart when he stood up and swiftly left the canteen, feeling Naina watching him from the corner of her eyes the entire time and ignoring Munna's protests of not-having-discussed anything about the upcoming Rose day yet. He scowled. Why was Munna so excited about Rose day anyway? Not like it was 7th February. Just a stupid VJN tradition he didn't really know the "why" of.

He continued to roam around the college aimlessly, not bothering to reply to the many girls who giggled upon seeing him and tried to sound flirtatious. "tried to sound" being the keyterm here. He wasn't exactly keeping out a watchful eye to the surroundings around him, and that is why he bumped straight into Karthik.

If Sameer's mood was on the level two on a scale from one to ten, it was definitely minus ten by now. Yep. Such was Karthik's aura.

"Abe dekhke nahi chal sakta kya? Agar aakhon ka use nahi karna hai toh nikalwa le na." Karthik screeched in anger and his face developed deep lines of cat-like-scowl. And Sameer was being absolutely generous in the comparison, mind you.

"Taali ek haath se nahi bajti. Tu khud bhi aakhen band karke hi ghoom raha tha." Sameer snarled. "Ab itni acchi langooro wali aakhen di hai bhagwan ne tujhe," Sameer asserted and smirked knowingly. "Use khula rakha kar na. Ho sakta hai teri setting ho jaye."

Seeing Karthik's scowl turning even more profound, Sameer slapped his forehead and faked a realisation, "Are yaar main toh bhool hi gaya tha. Yeh toh possible hi nahi hai."

Karthik was barely trying to contain his anger now. His fist could meet Sameer's face any instant. Shaant reh Karthik. But deciding against spoiling his big plans, he simply smirked and resolved to press his enemy's raw nerve for now. "Abe tu sahi keh raha hai. Jab mujhe, Karthik Singhania ko ladki milegi na, tab hamesha ke liye milegi. Ab yeh kaam tere liye toh impossible hai. Waise sahi reputation bana rakhi hai tune college mein. Lekin apne best friend ki behen toh chodd deta yaar." Sameer's eyes widened. "Are main bhi kaha choddne ki baat lekar baith gaya. Chodd toh waise bhi chuka hai."

Sameer was busy having a small nervous breakdown right then. Langoor ko bhi pata hai?

He swallowed down the bile in his throat and glared menacingly at Karthik. The former's eyes widened in fear. Looks like Sameer had to turn the tables now. "Mujhe nahi pata ki yeh baat tujhe kisne batayi hai lekin agar tune iss baare mein kisi se kuch bhi kaha na, toh soch lena ki tera kya haal hoga. Pichle saal wala fest toh yaad hai na." Karthik's eyes popped upon and if possible, he looked even more fearful. "JBR ke classroom mein tune jo daaru party ki thi na, uski photos abhi bhi hai mere paas. Aur jaha tak mujhe yaad, iss baare mein toh tere trustee dadaji bhi kuch nahi kar payenge. Kaafi upar ka maamla tha na."

Sameer watched as Karthik hurried off mumbling inaudible threats at him, and he tried not to show any sort of feignence, though his heart was beating at a speed of ten km per sec.

A few days back when Sunaina had revealed that she knew about their secret relationship, Sameer tried to let it go. Maybe they were just not careful enough. It happens sometimes. But now, he could strongly conclude that they weren't careful at all. Even langoors like Karthik had gotten to know about them. Kya pata kisi ne notice board par hi chapwa diya ho, he thought bitterly.

He swallowed and immediately left for home. No point of cursing his life decisions in the middle of college corridor. He still had to do something profound regarding that culprit. There was no way he was ever letting someone ruin Naina's name and dignity.

It took exactly 15 minutes for him to reach room, rush to his room and slam the door shut. He hurriedly grabbed his notepad and proceeded to write down.
__________________________________
People who know about him and Naina

1.Rohan (overheard him)
2. Pandit (because of the photos)
3. Sunaina (because she claimed to have joined the dots herself)
4. probably Mitali (because of Sunaina)
5. Karthik (reason still unclear)
6. probably Priyank (because of Karthik)
7. the photo and factory culprit (clues: the wierd shaped "s
______________________________________

What should be the next step? Probably determining the people who could potentially reveal it to the other people. Yeah. That's right. So he proceeded to strike out the people that he knew won't reveal it ever.

_______________________________________
People who knew about him and Naina

‌1.Rohan (overheard him) Safe
‌2. Pandit (because of the photos)Safe
‌3. Sunaina (because she claimed to have joined the dots herself) Safe:taken care of
‌4. probably Mitali (because of Sunaina)Safe
5. Karthik (reason still unclear)
6. probably Priyank (because of Karthik)
7. the photo and factory culprit (clues: the wierd shaped "s")
__________________________________________

He couldn't exactly trust Karthik and the still unknown culprit. He had to keep a close eye on him. He mumbled under his breath, "Pata nahi uss langoor ko kaise pata chal gaya. Ek number ka cartoon hai. Hamesha ya toh apne dadaji ke naam par chauda hoga, ya phir Singhania industries par." He let out a long deep breath and his mind automatically went on its "recall" mode and started narrating Karthik's words.

Jab mujhe, Karthik Singhania ko ladki milegi na, tab hamesha ke liye milegi. Ab yeh kaam tere liye toh impossible hai.

Waise sahi reputation bana rakhi hai tune college mein.

Apne best friend ki behen toh chodd deta yaar.

But his mind refused to dwell on Karthik's mocking words now.

Karthik Singhania

He immediately scribbled down a brank new list.
_____________________________________
Suspects
(Wierd shaped "s")

1. Karthik Singhania

----

Sameer had always hated Rose Day ever since he understood what it meant; the love-sick looks, cliché gestures and superficial confessions of love which would be forgotten, along with the name of your special one, by February end. It didn't help that he also hated the very term called "love" because of his mother, in the very age where he should have been enjoying these events. But it wasn't just that. There was also a constant annoyingly high-pitched female buzzing around him during these particular days of Valentine's day. Sure the first three females earned him his friends' jealous looks, but anything beyond that was fairly annoying especially because he was supposed to smile politely to every single one of them. No way he is misbehaving with any female ever.

When he had entered the VJN University to complete his higher education and learn the basics of buisness life,- to sum it up, play cricket and not attend classes- his friends hoped that he would change his mind regarding Rose day because 1) it wasn't celebrated in VJN on February 7th (yes it didn't make any sense) so a whole week wasn't alloted to such events anymore. 2) he had started respecting the word "love" (if not believing in it) by then, mostly because of his Nanaji's insistence.

Well, they were wrong. We don't always get what we hope for.

But that still didn't excuse him from preparing for the upcoming VJN Rose day (which still doesn't make sense, mind you) two days later, him being the College President and all.

Speaking of the VJN Rose day though, it wasn't just a typical Rose day. Of course not. Besides the fact that it wasn't celebrated in February as first day of Valentine's week, the very tradition and process of the whole thing was changed drastically by the college authorities. For a start, people didn't actually hand over roses to their crushes. Instead, there was a secret polling of roses, where people were expected to choose the person whom they wanted to hand over their rose to, and then the boy and girl with most number of roses were awarded the title of Rose Prince and Princess respectively. No student was allowed to hand any kind of roses personally to anyone.

Well, according to the story that the Principal narrates every year, the title was almost decided as Rose king and Rose queen, but keeping in mind that the college doesn't promote that a girl and a boy be associated with each other like that, they didn't go forward with it. After all, a queen and a king are always supposed to be involved with each other, but a prince and princess are free to be friends and adopted siblings(more preferable). That made perfect sense too! Just like this whole stupid tradition!

He was glad that he only had to assign the duty to his juniors, set up the celebratory posters and arrange for ballot boxes. There was no way he wanted to be involved in anything more.

"Sameer"

He turned around to see third year Neeti and the college GS running towards him, a white rose in her hand. He gave her a wide and cheeky grin while she tried to calm her breathlessness, earning himself a smack on the head.

Once she made sure that she absolutely wasn't dying today, she handed him the rose in her hand and spoke, "Yeh le. Tune itna kaam karwaya, uska inaam hai."

"Abe yeh kya white-friendship pakda rahi hai? Ab college ka rule todd rahi hai, aur boyfriend mahoday Rishabh ji ka bhi dil todd hi rahi hai, toh kam se kam red-love ya phir blue-crush toh pakdati na. Yeh pakka dukaandaar ne tujhe free mein de diya hoga." This earned him a joyful laugh and another smack on the forehead.

"Free mein milta toh tujhpe waste nahi karti. Mummy ko de deti. Unhein free ki cheezein ghar par lagane mein bahut maza aata hai." she explained seriously, and both ended up laughing like crazy kids.

"Accha ab yeh ghar grahasthi ki baatein chodd aur conference hall chal, announcement tujhe hi karni hai." Sameer grinned good-naturedly.

"Yaar tu kyu itna khush ho raha hai," she said, "principal ne keh toh diya ki tujhe yeh title nahi dengi. Pata nahi kis chapadganju ne unhein yeh bol diya ki saare important college titles tujhe hi mil jaate hai" she scowled at the last part.

"Chodd na Neeti. Kya farak padta hai? Ab agar aapki aagya ho," he joined his hands in front of her, "toh conference hall chalein mata?" And they left after the third smack.

Ignoring the excited chattering of the students around him, Sameer cast a glance at his watch, 8:58. Just two minutes more and then Neeti can do the announcement. The moment the clock struck 9:00, Neeti strode over to the stage and tested the mic twice, which for a change, seemed to be working fine.

"Good Morning fellow students. Aap sabko VJN Rose day ki haardik shubhkaamnaye. Lekin aap sabko iss event ko enjoy karne ki permission mili hai, iska matlab yeh nahi ki rules ko theek se follow nahi kiya jayega. Main phir se clear kar rahi hoon, koi bhi student dusre student ko rose nahi dega. Agar aapki complaint aayi toh strict action liya jayega. Ab har saal ki tarah, aap sab apne laaye gaye roses designated male aur female incharges ko de sakte hai. Female ke liye roses accept karne ki incharge hai 3rd year Smita, aur males ke liye roses accept karne ke incharge hai 3rd year Sunil.

Main phir se clear kar rahi hoon, woh rose sirf white, red ya blue colour ke hi ho sakte hai; red ke 3 points, blue ke 2 points aur white ka 1 point; aur uss par sirf aur sirf uss ladke ya ladki ka naam, jise aap woh rose dena chahte hai, likha hona chahiye. Aap rose ke dandi par ek white slip laga sakte hai, jispar uss ladke ya ladki ka naam likha ho. Saare roses collect karne ke baad hum sab logo ke points calculate karenge. Results ke baad jitne rose logo ne aapko diye honge, utne aapko handover kar diye jayenge. Ab kuch additional rules: 1) har student sirf ek hi rose submit kar sakta hai, chahein woh koi bhi colour ka ho. 2) aapka khud ka naam ya koi secret message agar rose par paya gaya toh strict action liya jayega, 3) roses ki polling 11 baje tak khatam ho jayegi aur results 12 baje tak aa jayenge.

So fellow students, polling ka process start karte hai."

And so the madness began. Sameer was absolutely glad that he only had to do the preparation work, and he wasn't on Smita or Sunil's place. He glanced at them. They were being heckled down by the college population, though as incharges, they were given a proper desk for this process. Bach gaya Sameer. Instead, he was supposed to control the crowd....which if not easier, seemed like lot better job.

At 10 am sharp, they practically threw the students out of the conference hall, not bothering to pay heed to their protests. He and Neeti also left the conference hall since they weren't allowed to be a part of the result calculation process. Once out of the safe confines of the hall, both of them dodged the students who circled around them to know the results "earlier than the others." There was no point of asking them!

After being chased down and heckled for 45 minutes straight, he and Neeti opened the conference hall yet again. The entire mob rushed inside with a worrisome speed, as if their life depended on it. He sighed. Pata nahi yeh kaam kab khatm hoga.

He scanned the hall for his friends, and his eyes finally landed on them a moment later. Arjun had his hands folded, trying his best to show his indifference to such events, but his eyes were dancing in anticipations. Munna and Pandit were openly jumping up and down, probably waiting for and hoping that Sameer's name would be announced soon. Rohan seemed a bit amused with his surroundings but kept his cool. Preeti was excitedly chatting with her friends, not bothering to keep it down as he had previously instructed.

Then there was Naina, the pretty and petite brunette, with hair as smooth as pure silk, lips as plump as....nothing he had ever seen. A white fit and flare dress, hair left free of their usual confines and pretty blue earrings adoring her ear. Not like the earring with him. A bit more blue and shiny. His ears suddenly heard the principal addressing the crowd, but he refused to dwell on that. He continued drinking in the sight of Naina.

A tap on his shoulder and he turned around to lay his eyes on Sunaina. Dressed in a blue tank top and denim shorts, long blue high heels and her short hair left free. No different than how she usually dresses. But she was fidgeting with the rose in her hand. A white rose.

Suddenly deciding upon something, she extended it to Sameer, whose mouth flew open in shock but he accepted it after the initial reaction subsided. "Wo main polling mein deni wali thi, phir socha ki aise hi theek rahega."

Without waiting for him to respond, she took off, not bothering to justify her actions and help him make sense of them. Ab ise kya ho gaya?The principal was still busy cursing the student for their indiscipline, but after JBR's fourth intervention, she finally came to the most anticipated line. ".......aur aap sabki polling ke mutabik, iss saal ki Rose Princess hai, Miss Naina Aggarwal!"

Sameer's ears closed off. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw an excited Preeti nudge a-white-with-shock-Naina to the stage, who was trying her best to remember the process of walking. As a red rose tiara was thrusted upon her head and she was presented with large bouquet, Sameer was still coming to terms with what-the-hell-just-happened.

"Congratulations Miss Naina." the principal's voice rang amid the crowd, which was still busy clapping, whistling and shouting at the top of their lungs. It only silenced down only when an angry and pissed off Arjun yelled, "Chup ho jao sab." He then proceeded to glare at the stage.

".....Thank you Mr Aggarwal. Toh jaisa ki main keh rahi thi. Rose Prince ke liye sabse zyada votes mile hai Sameer Maheshwari ko...." a pleasurable heat bloomed in the pit of his stomach. Naina and him, together again. ".....lekin college ne yeh decide kiya hai ki yeh title humare college president ko na dekar, uss candidate ko diya jaye jise Sameer ke baad sabse zyada vote mile hai. Aur woh hai Mr. Prem Singh Rawat."

He felt like a cold swirl of wind went right through him.

A sudden sense of dread exploded in his veins, making his head dizzy and nauseous. No part of his body was capable of moving. He doubted if they ever will be. He was suddenly very aware of his own heartbeat. It kept ringing away in his ears. No one should get two profound shocks like that back to back.

But that didn't stop the world from rotating and revoluting.

Prem still reached the stage rather enthusiastically, accepting the rose tiara and a bouquet from the principal. He then proceeded to pose for the camera with a vehement principal and a rather reluctant Naina, amid the cheers from the crowd.

Sameer kicked at the unfortunate object that happened to be in his way.

The fingers of Sameer's left hand tightly gripped the stem of the rose in his hand, his knuckles whitening and nails snapping the stem in half. Forcing down the frustration that was about to spill over his lips he crossed the room full of chattering and lively college students in a search for some sort of distraction. But it refused to come even when he reached the gang. As if to worsen the already ruined things, The principal pulled Naina and Prem closer to her to pose for the photos, and the distance between the two college students diminished further. Sameer set his mouth in a firm line and turned in the opposite direction, only to have Rohan lay a gentle restraining hand on his arm. Hmm, where did he come from?

"Bhai sab theek ho jayega. Aap tension mat lo"

Sameer glanced back at the stage where the two figures had been forced even more closer to each other. Sab kaise theek hoga? Kharaab ho toh gaya hai.

It seemed like the Fevicol Prem had taken his place. Worse, he had himself given it up.

Nodding curtly, he strode backward, but Rohan didn't protest. Twitching aside the obvious irritation, the cacophony of the large young crowd fell into dissonant white noise as he saw "The fevicol" in front of Naina grab at her hand and wave their hands to the crowd. Sameer's brow creased as he watched Naina turn to Prem with an uncomfortable smile crossing her face and the frown deepened as "the Fevicol" smiled widely and tightened his hold on her hand. Steve's fists clenched at the move. Mann to kar hai ki muhh todd du iss kamine ka.

The principal thankfully ended the event right then, quickly exiting the hall mumbling some important task that was still pending. And Arjun, God bless him, all but pulled Naina from the stage and got her to where the gang stood together. Naina handed over the bouquet to a rather excited Preeti who continued to examine it carefully.

"Pata nahi kin badtameez ladko ne yeh ghatiya harkat ki hogi," Arjun yelled angrily while Naina cast him an uncertain smile. He genuinely ignored Pandit's, "yaar lekin unhone toh bas Naina ko gulaab diye hai. Yahi toh Rose day ka matlab hai. Ab famous to apni Naina hai hi."

Smita chose that particular moment to hand over the roses that were meant for the girls. Carrying 2 see-through bags in her hand, she handed the overflowing one to Naina and the other one to Preeti, who seemed rather shocked. Arjun kept his cool in front of the third year, but immediately snatched the bags from the girls once she left.

"Kaun se kamine bacchiyo ko phool dete phirte hai." Arjun mumbled and left with the bags, probably heading towards a shredder or a dustbin.

Naina simply shrugged at his retreating back and removed the tiara from her head while Preeti pouted. "Yaar bhaiya ne toh woh phool dekhne bhi nahi diye."

"Kya karna tha tumhein woh phool dekhke," Rohan snapped, "baaki gulaab ki tarah hi honge. Sahi toh keh raha tha Arjun. Unn ladko ko tameez hi nahi hai" He then proceeded to mutter inaudible curses under his breath, while Preeti raised her eyebrow in suspicion.

Pandit didn't exactly have any views on the topic since he was busy consoling a distraught Munna who was explaining the sad condition of his broken heart since "frock wala pandit" was on leave on this "very important day." As for Sameer, he wasn't exactly allowed to have views on this topic. He had lost that right. No. He had given up that right.

Somehow that made him even more angry.

He immediately left the conference hall in anger, not bothering to look back to see the reactions of his friends or explaining his own. He paced around the college bike stand some moments later, snapping at the students to who tried to talk to him. Even the bikes were angering him now. He kicked at one of them with full force, triggering a set of expected reactions that ended up with all the other bikes huddled on the ground. He didn't give a damn.

That day, as he and Rohan drive home, both of them remained silent and absorbed at whatever thought that was running through their heads. It didn't really help that as soon as they reached home, Nanaji caught hold of them and coaxed them into sharing the details of Rose day.

"Arey Nanaji kuch nahi hua. Bas badtameez ladko ko kuch bechari ladkiyo ko gulaab dene ka mauka mil gaya." Rohan then proceeded to curse "the seven guys who couldn't mind their own buisness" and "who were responsible for ruining his life." He left the room in anger a few minutes later.

Sameer could absolutely feel his brother's pain. When Nanaji diverted his gaze from the retreating Rohan and bought it to Sameer, he could see nothing except a stiff face and lines of obvious anger below his eyes. The old man simply laughed and said, "Are itni jalan ho rahi hai mere dono naatiyo ko. Aisa lag raha duniya ko aag laga denge apni aakhon se."

Sameer simply scoffed and tried to show his indifference to Nanaji's words. That was obviously very untrue. The old man rolled his eyes, and then gave a small smile to his grandson. "Dekh ab mujhe tujhse kuch zaroori baat karni hai. Maine na tere rishte ki baat karne ki sochi hai, lekin tujhse puche bina kuch....."

"Nanaji main abhi taiyaar nahi hoon" he spoke up quickly, remembering his and Sunaina's conversation from that day. He had to clear this mess as quickly as he can.

Nanaji gave him a sympathetic smile and ruffled his hair, "Chal theek hai. Thoda aur waqt le le beta." As Sameer grinned at him, he raised his right hand in front of him seriously, "lekin agar tere dil mein kuch aur hai....kisi aur se pyaar se karta hai, toh mujhe abhi bata de"

Had it been any other time, he would have scoffed and said, "Nanaji yeh toh ho hi nahi sakta." But due to the current predicament his heart and soul was in, he tentatively said, "Nanaji yeh pyaar hota kya hai? Aur aapko kaise pata ki aapko kisi se pyaar hai? Koi signal toh milta nahi hoga na" he scoffed.

"Arey beta jab pyaar hota hai na, toh bhagwan apne aap signal de dete hai. Pyaar ko shabdo mein samjhana mushkil hai. Jisse aap pyaar karte ho, unke saath rehna ka mann karta hai, unhein khush dekhne ka mann karta hai. Khud se bhi zyada khush. Aisa lagta hai ki, uss insaan ki raksha, zarooratein, mehatvakanshaein- sab humari hi zimmedari hai. Balki humari zarooratein unse chotti lagi hai. Agar use dard ho, toh tumhein bhi hoga; tumhein uske dard ko kam karne ki iccha hogi. Uske aas paas hoge toh itni khushi hogi ki batana mushkil hai, lekin door jaate hi duniya mein sabse zyada dard hoga. Shayad uss ladki par kabhi kabhi gussa bhi aaye, usse samajhne mein dikkat ho- lekin phir bhi uske jaane ke khayal se hi bahut takleef hai. Yeh pyaar hai. Duniya ki sabse sundar aur takatwar shakti."

Sameer remained silent for the whole time, "Aur hum kisi ko kaise bata sakte hai ki humein unse pyaar hai?" He wasn't sure why he asked that

Nanaji smiled, "Yeh toh bahut easy sawaal hai. Bas unse pyaar karte raho." He laughed at Sameer's look of confusion. "Arey beta pyaar toh ek meetha sa sawaal hai, jiska jawaab tum rozz de sakte ho. Bas jaldi se jaldi apni dil ki baat jaake use bata do. Sab accha hi hoga." Sameer's expression turned stoic again, "aur beta yeh utna mushkil nahi hota jitna dikhta hai. Tumhare dil ko andar hi andar uska jawaab pata hota hai. Bas tumhein hi thode dhakke ki zaroorat hai." Nanaji smiled and lightly clapped his back, leaving him alone to answer his questions himself.

That's when Sammer realised. He had been looking at it all wrong.

Maybe Naina didn't need someone else in her life. Maybe he was enough for her after all. Maybe he could spend his entire life with her and she could spend hers with him. Shayad yeh sab hamesha ke liye chal payega.

That is why there had been a hole in his heart that won't be fixed. Hadn't been fixed since they had seperated. Before her, things were damn different. Before she had entered his life, he always felt like there was this part of him missing. That he wasn't whole. And then, there was Naina, she had come into his life, and it was gone. That feeling of needing to look for something. She changed something in him. Just being around her did that. Fixed everything that is.

Sure, there'd been disagreements and rough moments. They were who they were, and that life came with deep and devastating consequences sometimes. But he'd been with Naina and Naina had been with him and that had made everything... right. She understood him in ways that no one never could. They both tended be to ridiculously stubborn and hard-headed, if it came down to it, may fight like children for their definition of right. Granted, Naina's opinions were usually so disgustingly correct that Sameer felt wrong afterward for even arguing with her (she was damn right in his mother's case). Still, this thing they had between them - friendship and understanding and attraction- was what they both needed. And it worked so well that he had been happy for the first time in what felt like forever.

It seemed so easy now. Everything seemed extra clear.

Buried inside the impossibly large universe, the supreme power was writing their destiny, if you knew how to read it. If you could see it. Just focus a bit more. All there. If you could see it. You just had to know how to look at it.

Thank you Sameer

Nahi pehle pinky promise khao.

Mere khayal se pyaar sabko hota hai. Life mein ek baar toh pakka.

Thank you Sameer mujhe yahaan laane ke liye aur mera din itna yaadgaar banane ke liye

Sameer main bhi tumse pya...matlab bahut pasand karti hoon. Tum bahut acche ho.

Tum badal gaye ho aur tumne jo bhi kiya, woh tumhari bewakoofi thi. Tum dil ke bure nahi ho.

Tumse mile bina kaise jaati.

Aur mujhe apni bike par bithane ke liye thanks. Mujhe bahut accha laga.

Itne gusse mein kyu ho.

Ismein thanks bolne ki kya baat hai? Main tumhare liye kuch bhi kar sakti hoon.

Sameer tum best ho

Two unbelievably powerful forces collide, they always do, and often end up making the most beautiful things to ever exist. Hard to see and understand of course. But there. Always there.

Perhaps for the first time since the inevitable breakup, Sameer mentally expressed his gratitude to Pandit and blessed him with whatever words he could form. He had showed him the way much before Sameer could even think about it, much before even Pandit himself could think about it.

Closeness+Attraction=Love

His knees that buckled beneath him. His heart was beating so fast that he felt like other voices were fading or echoing. He felt numb, his eyes widened, and he found himself slowly placing his hand over his mouth.

Of course it was love. How did he ever think that it could be anything else?

The realisation came painfully, that feeling seeped into him extremely slowly, but when it did, it was more powerful that anything he had ever felt. It possessed more influence than any other thing out there. It was so profound that either it could toss him up in the sky and let him soar happily ever after, or burn him alive then and there.

He wanted to shout it out.

He wanted everyone to know.

Especially her.

He rushed to his room and looked at the top of his closet. He took out his sheesham-wood family heirloom and looked inside. The blue earring. Still smelled of musk and Naina. The most precious thing he owned, could ever own. He placed a soft kiss on the earring.

"I love you Naina"

P.S Whenever you feel hopelessness, fear and despair, always remember that the entire nation stands with you. Feel blessed to be a part of the most beautiful country in the world, and don't hesitate in doing your bit.
Taking this iconic initiative forward, I feel immense pleasure in sharing this track!
Muskurayega India by Vishal Mishra.
The national anthem's tune at the end will surely give you goosebumps.

P.P.S Don't forget to download and use the Aarogya Setu app, because it's not possible for anyone to not step out of their homes at all, we all need items of daily use afterall.

P.P.P.S A little humour won't hurt and never let anyone tell you otherwise. The joke I shared is terrible but whatever.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

18.6K 837 14
Secluded place, beautiful evening, unexpected encounter, heart to heart conversation...what will it lead to? Language - Hindi & English
91.6K 3.4K 10
[COMPLETED] ᴡʜᴇɴ ꜱᴀᴍᴇᴇʀᴀ ꜰᴇʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀɪʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇʟʟ ᴜɴᴄᴏɴꜱᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ, ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴄɪᴏᴜꜱɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀʀᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ ᴜɴꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀ...
11.7K 571 27
"I am here with another story on Farjaad and Umeed which is totally opposite to the drama. This is not a light mood story, it is a serious and differ...
16.4K 1.9K 23
Peep into the story ☺️! It's my first story so plz ignore my mistakes☺️