Still You, Just You

By ladykika09

Description: Dara is a damsel who when falls in love give her all. Donghae is a hero who is kind hearted and... More

. i .
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Hero
Chapter 3: The Damsel
Chapter 4: Hopeless
Chapter 5: Uljima
Chapter 6: Consequences
Chapter 7: With You
Chapter 8: One Day
Chapter 9: Park Family
Chapter 10: Past and Present
Chapter 11: First Step
Chapter 12: New People
Chapter 13: Him Her Him
Chapter 14: The End of Us
chapter 15: Snowy Day
Chapter 16: It's Her
Chapter 17: His Only Valentine
chapter 18: BFFs
Chapter 19: Nothing Else To Hide
Chapter 20: Uh Oh We're in Trouble
Chapter 21: Leader VS Diva
Chapter 22: Missing You
Chapter 23: Always Here For you
Chapter 24: Phone Call
Chapter 25: Remember
Chapter 26: Jealousy
Chapter 27: Your Light
Chapter 28: D-Day
Chapter 29: Are You Ready?
Chapter 30: Love Quarrel
Chapter 31: It Starts with That Kiss
Chapter 32: My Confession
Chapter 33: Love At the Wrong Time
Chapter 34: Far Away
Chapter 35: Boy Trouble
Chapter 36: A Little Closer
Chapter 37: You and I Together
Chapter 38: Selfish Wish
Chapter 39: This Moment
Chapter 40: I'm Falling
Chapter 41: The Plan
Chapter 42: Menboong
Chapter 43: What Is Right
Chapter 44: Our Official Label
Chapter 45: Bad Boy
Chapter 46: This Isn't It
Chapter 47: Before The Storm
Chapter 48: Confused Heart
Chapter 50: A Smile in Your Heart
Chapter 51: Shut Up, You're Mine
Chapter 52: Letting Go
Chapter 53: 1 + 1 = ?
Chapter 54: Shake Up
Chapter 55: Love, Trust & Choices
Chapter 56: The Chosen Path
Chapter 57: What If
Chapter 58: After Some Time
Chapter 59: In The End
Chapter 60: Still You
Chapter 61: Just You
Chapter FINAL: Always You
Author's Note

Chapter 49: Hold On

2.3K 56 4
By ladykika09

Normal POV

Another day after, Super Junior finally flew back to Korea after receiving a go signal from their agency, arriving with slightly tanned skin, refreshed auras and wide smiles on their faces, all appearing like they had a good normal vacation.

Meanwhile, the YG family is also back in the area of Seoul after GD got transferred to one of the hospitals there. He has not yet woken up but due to the growing incidents of press people invading their privacy in Japan. They had to take action.

For both groups are back, they are then bound to face all the questions revolving their Bali vacation next.

Back in Japan, 2NE1 honestly admitted everything and explained what truly happened, to YG; they’ve realized that it’s better for him to know so it can be dealt well, especially now that things are heavy and in a blur.

Both SM and YG presidents have decided to just be truthful about it to the public, and released official statements respectively

YG: We too are shocked. We have consulted both groups and they have said, it really was just a coincidence that they met there. YG artists were sent to different places as a short break from the concert frenzy. 2NE1 chose Bali for it is a hot trend place to visit for summer and it just so happens that Super Junior came there too for their own vacation.

SM: 2NE1 and Super Junior are friends. Being invited to each other’s parties/events is proof enough, however this vacation truly wasn’t planned. After finding each other in the same place, they just decided to hang out like normal friends would.

Fans have divided opinions about it. One fandom was fine with it, thankful that they see their bias interacting and being friends with someone. While the other fandom was not too sure, their overprotective side was kicking in, but seeing their other halves happy and with all the beautiful pictures shared by the members, they’re progressively accepting it.

Though there’s still another rumor out in the open, but both SM and YG chose not to address it and let it be gone through time. It’s for everyone’s good. Donghae and Dara’s relationship is still in the beginning stage and have to be protected, also YG considers how it will harm his favourite artist once he wakes up and knows about it.

The others have also suggested to give the two some time to adjust and the chance to settle things.

Donghae went to the hospital GD was confined in as soon as they arrived. After the days of being contained in Bali and his phone being confiscated – to prevent him from booking plane tickets, he’s beastly in need to talk and see his Jagi.

“Oh!” a person cried out after opening the door. The two men exchanged surprised stares, disbelieving to see one another.

“Why? Nugu?” Another voice from the inside was heard. He swings it more widely and showed him to Bom. “Ah! You’re here! Didn’t you just arrive this morning?”

The Super Junior bobbed his head in greeting, his eyes scanning the white room, he felt bad seeing GD, and the guilt he felt days ago was crawling up again.

“Where’s Dara?” He expected to see her sitting beside the bed but she wasn’t. She wasn’t inside the hospital either.

Se7en took the fruits out of his hands and thanked them for it. He was the person in charge of today’s shift. Bom was only a visitor to drag her boyfriend away from the Choi Brothers Quality Tea time.

The YG artists exchanged glances then Bom signals her friend to speak up where their little Dara has gone. “She’s at home” the hyung says in a sigh, scratching the back of his head.

“Ahhh” Donghae says, smiling warmly at them. “I’ll just head there then”

Se7en furrowed his eyebrows, staring at him oddly. Is this guy serious? Dara left him without second thoughts, and still he comes to her without a single taint of rage or sadness written on him? He’s in fact looking more concerned about her and GD.

 “Yeah. You should…” Bom says, sounding like there was other meaning on it. “…She actually locked herself there”

“Why?”

 “Apparently this friend right here says something nasty, depressing your girlfriend” she explains, quite irked at the person next to her. “He asked her if you’re just a rebound”

Donghae’s ears became suddenly unresponsive after hearing that awfully unpleasant word. Rebound? Who? Me? His eyes darts immediately to who have said it.

“I’m sorry. I meant no offense, as a friend I just had to ask…” Se7en defended. “Isn’t it actually good to ask? Aren’t you wondering why she’s still get confused and being indecisive?”

“Aniyo… I already predicted she would be like that, and that’s why I hurried over, I will be the person who will ease her confused mind and heart”

He says those words out seriously with a focused glare. Se7en was clearly taken aback. He hasn’t seen anyone so determined and driven on Dara like this before. And what did he just say? Person who will ease her confused mind and heart?

The hyung cant help not to let out a chuckle, Bom joins him also while hiding her face away.

The Super Junior blinks his eyes, muddled by their laughters. What’s so funny? Did I say rather strange?

They didn’t explain why though, Se7en just patted his hand on his shoulders, like a really good friend. “Ahh… Let’s eat out sometime huh…”

Two pairs of eyes followed the guy as he swiftly walks away, in the hallway he even passed by TOP who he respectfully greeted.

“Looks like he isn’t bothered by Dara and GD at all. I expected him devastated and hurt” the rapper says with the bag of snacks he bought in his hand.

“I know right” Se7en says with his gaze at the idol, and still can’t shake off the cheesy lines he has said.

“I guess he understands the hardship of letting go a 4 year relationship… He’s being considerate and patient with her” Bom says with a proud motherly smile showing in her face. “He loves her that much”

“But there’s a line between love and foolishness, babe” the other commented, opening the lead of his milk tea can. “This is clearly foolishness”

“Why are you so negative? Why can’t you just support him?”

“We do, but he’s human too, Bom. Sooner or later he will also get tired…”

* * * *

Dara wasn’t alone in her apartment that day, Mama Park and Durami were there too. They came to visit after knowing all the troubles she was in. Her mom cooks her favourite dish while her sister helps with the other chores.

Thunder knocks on Dara’s bedroom door and turns the knob, but it was locked.

“Noona… Hae hyung is here” he says.

There was no response, so he called her once again.

And still none.

Turning his body around and facing his sunbae, he wore an apologetic smile, whilst Donghae was still gracious to him. “It’s okay, thanks” he says, taking the spot where Thunder stood. With his face just a few inches away from the door, he lets out a heavy sigh.

“Omma let’s go to the market first” Durami swiftly suggested, dropping what she’s been doing and convinces their mom to step out of the house, so that they can give the couple some privacy and chance to talk.

While the youngest Park, stayed in the living room, back to his gaming mode. Once he started playing, he no longer cares about anything else around him. Apathetic to whatever the two may discuss.

With the coast clear, Donghae was more comfortable.

“Jagi” he says lowly, but loud enough to be heard from the other side of the door. Basing in his gut, he assumes that she was right there.

And he was right.

Dara really was standing by the door, her hand holding the knob and the other flat on the wooden hatch. When she heard Donghae came, from being curled in a ball, she immediately got up.

“Open up so we can talk… please…”

Both looked down at the knob, waiting if it would turn unlock or not. Dara held on it tightly yet eventually let go.

No Dara you can’t... she tells herself in mind. Until today she still feels ashamed and remorseful of her actions, that she has no guts to face him.

Se7en was right, she has to sort out her feelings... to avoid hurting someone more. She has given up on guarding Jiyong 24/7, now she needs to avoid Donghae for the mean time.

Yet despite the refusal to let him in, it didn’t stop Donghae on doing what he came for. He leans his forehead on the door and started talking to her.

“Jagi… I can tell you’re having a hard time, so please let me help you… I know you’re confused, tensed and in pain right now… So please open up so I can atleast give you a hug and comfort you.”

But she still was unresponsive.

“I also brought ice cream” he crumples a part of the plastic bag he’s holding to convince her that he did pass by a mart and bought her favourite comfort food. “Let’s eat it together?”

Yet instead of getting Dara’s interest drawn into it. Donghae glances at his right and finds Thunder peeking his head out from the living room.

“Uh-oh... Jagi... Sanghyun’s eyeing it, you better take it now, pali”

He sounded as if he’s luring a kid in a tantrum, playful, calm and kind… but it still didn’t work. He took a seat by the door and leaned one shoulder on it.

“Dara, if you’re avoiding me because of suddenly disappearing on us, it’s fine. I and the guys realized that you’re in a state of panic and in hurry that you can no longer think about things. We’re actually more thankful that you’re all safe…”

He says while staring down at the space below. There was a silhouette, a shadow, a body visible from her side, it seems she too have taken a seat across him... that alone made him feel thankful, to know that she’s there and listening to him is a relief.

“If you’re worried about how I feel then I’m telling you I’m not hurt or mad” he continued. “What’s not okay is that you’re locking yourself there when I want to see you badly...”

Suddenly a voice was heard coming from the other side. “But I left you to be by GD’s side”

“Is that what you’re concerned about?” Donghae asked. “What happened to him was just really scary, so I understand how concerned you are to him. It’s alright if you rushed yourself to him, I know that you just care about him so much”

“That’s not what I mean...” she says. “What if you learn you’re just my rebound?”

“Why, am I really your rebound?”

“No”

“Then I’m not” he says. “I don’t believe that I am and I will never will, so stop being bothered by it, okay?”

“But---”

“Just open the door, Dara. Please… I want to see you…”

“No... If I open this door I’ll just keep on hurting you”

“Please...” he cries weakly.

Dara shuts her eyes tightly and bites her lower lips, clasping her hands together as she debates to herself whether she would open or not.

No words can explain what she’s feeling right that very moment. She was in great pain for all the things she’s feeling, she wants to let him go and no longer cause him pain but at the same time she fears to do so. She really wants to put a gun on her brain now and shoot it dead.

"Just leave please..."

"I will not go anywhere. I will wait..."

Hours later.

Mama Park and Durami has come back and were stunned that things are still how they left it. Donghae has fallen asleep due to waiting. The ice cream next to him appears to have melted as well.

“She still didn’t open?” their mom asked, placing the bags of groceries over the counter. Thunder shakes his head, feeling sorry.

“Aigoo... how troublesome she is” she grunts, walking towards her room.

The prince who was soundly asleep suddenly got startled when a banging noise occurred next to him. His eyes widen to see Mama Park, raging in anger. Unleashing the dragon within her.

“YA! SANDARA HOW LONG WILL YOU BE LIKE THAT HUH!? DONGHAE ALREADY FELL ASLEEP WAITING FOR YOU, DO YOU KNOW HOW BURDENING IT IS HUH!”

Donghae stood up immediately, still slow in his senses. “Ani... Mrs. Park it’s okay”

“NO IT’S NOT OKAY. THIS GIRL IS SUCH A HEADACHE... YA HE JUST ARRIVED FROM BALI, AND YOU’RE GOING TO WELCOME HIM WITH THIS. ISN’T HE YOUR BOYFRIEND!? I DON’T CARE IF YOU’RE PUZZLED WITH GD, BUT DON’T CONFUSE LOVE WITH FEELING PITY AND SORRY HA! MAKE IT RIGHT!”

Dara’s apartment is a pretty calming place; it’s in all white, bright, classy and neat. But the loud shouting of her mom actually disturbed peace. The Park siblings exchanged glances and laughed.

“She’s a total Donghae fan” Durami murmurs among them.

Donghae watches her continuous rage, is this the same Mama Park he met before? The one who is calm, sweet and shy?

“AS I COUNT TO THREE AND THIS DOOR STILL ISN’T OPEN YOU’RE IN TROUBLE... ONE!...” She started counting aggravatedly. “TWO!!!”

“TH---“

*click*

A clicking sound came from the door, and it finally swings open.

“Good!” The mother exclaims, pushing it open and threw stiff Donghae in. “Oh! Talk okay?!”

"But omma..."

"Zip it... You two can’t go out until you fixed everything, arasso!?"

“N...N....Nae” they both answered together with their voices shaking in fear.

She closed the door, leaving them standing meters apart. Donghae was still recovering from his nap and the terrifying mom rage. “Hoo. I didn’t expect her to be scary” he chuckles, wiping his forehead for cold sweat.

He surveyed his eyes around the room, it's his first time to come in here but as expected it was meant for a princess.

His eyes then landed on her, she was looking at him awkwardly and her body stiff. He smiled. "Hey"

“Cheater... Why did you use omma?” Dara sulks, pouting at him. “Just because she’s your fan, you can’t use her to oppose me”

“I swear it wasn’t me. I was sleeping when she suddenly roared fire outside”

“Why are you here... You should have gone home”

She says, pertaining to how he could be tired, yet he still has come here for her. She stood before him with her hands both in front and thumbs wrestling.

He hurried walking towards her before she can even walk away. He hugged her tightly as if it’s his last second on earth. “I told you I want to see you...”

“You know you should be mad at me...” she tries to break free but he wasn’t letting her go.

“Ahhh... I missed you...” he groaned next to her ears. "Do you know how much I badly wanna fly sooner just to do this?"

Dara’s eyes closed shut, wrapping her arms around and burying her face to his chest, embracing his warmth and scent. They both sighed heavily and stayed in silence for really long minutes, until each other is composed enough to start the talk.

“I’m so sorry...” Dara murmurs against his skin.

“I told you it’s fine…” Donghae answers not in a whisper but equally soothing and soft.

“No it’s not” she blurted out, tightening her grip. “It’s not okay… Look at the troubles I gave you”

“What trouble?” he pulled his body back to take a glimpse of her face, sweeping away some of her hair to the back of her ears.

“We were doing well in Bali, then suddenly this happens...”

“It’s just a storm. What's a relationship without problems?”

“But I keep hurting and hurting you… I keep disappointing you… I keep giving you a hard time… I’ve being a bad person to you”

“No you’re not…”

“Don’t be so kind” she pushes her body away then lifts up her head to meet his gaze, then bobs it down again when she couldn’t lock them on his. “I know you’re having a hard time because of me… I’ve been really cruel to you… you always adjust, understand and become patient for me… you love me so much while I… I did nothing good to you”

Dara starts to cry once again, rubbing one hand on her eyes. She takes a deep breath for courage.

“I don’t deserve you...”

Donghae’s ear ringed unpleasantly. Just like how he heard the rebound but 3 times worse.

“I really don’t des-”

His lips were quick to interrupt and stopped her from repeating. He does not want to hear them. “Don’t say that” he whispers to her. “That’s not true”

He pulls her back to him.

“You’re the only one for me… I admit things may be difficult and rough, but I don’t care anything about that as long as I have you...”

“But…”

He holds her chin and lifts it up to face him. “Dara, when I say I love you, I mean it. When I made love to you, I placed my heart into it. When I tell you I want to be with you, I will do anything to make it happen. When I wore this bracelet, I promised to keep it and you forever… No matter how hard it will be for me, I won’t let go. I will hold on… just to be with you…”

Staring at him while he says them, there is no doubt they’re true words. He was being completely honest. You can really tell that it’s what his heart really want to say.

However, hearing him say those doesn’t flatter or make her feel any better. It’s actually the opposite.

Hearing them made her realize more how much she doesn’t deserve him… The stronger she also felt that she should let him go and let him be loved by a person who deserves him well. But,

“So please stay. That’s all I can ask for. Don’t let me go…” he whispers to her ears, and even he starts to tear up. “Didn’t you say you want whatever we had in Bali to continue?”

She nodded her head slowly.

“Then why would you want to let that idea go?”

“It’s for your own good... I don’t want to hurt you anymore. My naivety, indecisiveness and easily wavered heart will always cause you pain”

“Then I will help you overcome that confusion. I will not let your heart waver easily...”

“Why do you love me so much to endure all of this?” She cries

“Because I do... I rather accept a thousand pains than to feel the pain of losing you, Dara…”

Donghae starts to sound weak and in verge of tears as he hugs her tighter, keeping that tiny body only to himself, closing any gap that distances their bodies. Dara no longer resisted and just let herself be in his warmth.

No matter if people would say it’s foolishness, he’s being martyr desperation , he doesn’t care.

She’s his everything. He has given so much of him that he can never ever let himself to lose her.

"What if one day we realize you really were just a rebound?"

"I tell you I'm not. I saw it in your eyes... The night you gave yourself to me, I knew it. The moment you told me you were falling for me, I felt it. Don't ever let that bullsht come across your mind. I know what we have is greater than that. I trust you, Dara. So trust yourself too... Trust how much I love you..." He says.

“So please... let’s face this storm together, Jagi...”

“Just hold on”

/N: Uhm. Sorry, was supposed to post yesterday but had to change a lot and rewrite this chapter. Anyway happy Monday! Hope you have a great week. Also to those who are affected by Ruby typhoon. Please stay safe. Prayers to everyone.
Thanks for reading. ^^

Upvote nae? XP~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.1K 66
Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with the help of her best friend. Jiyong is a...
57.2K 1K 26
"he is mean, arrogant, and evil I hate him and I wish he disappear, he makes my life even worse than it already is," you said before he became the lo...
71.9K 2.1K 31
Dara is a 33 year old corporate officer of the top TV Station in the country. She have everything any career woman dreamed to have. Except a lovelife...
1.7K 42 5
Donghae x Original Character