Kodzuken ( readerxkenma)

Av _hannahYukki_

Desperate times call for desperate measures. After you get fired from your job for an unfair reason, you imme... Mer

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
Final Chapter
Author's note

xxiv

10.9K 522 466
Av _hannahYukki_

A good ten minutes passed and your tears still wouldn't stop flowing. You thought you were over Yujii, you thought you could cut her off for good and you thought you wouldn't let her words affect you anymore. Now it's gotten worse, now you've frustrated Kenma because of your greediness. After thinking and thinking, you've realized you were just a stranger to Kenma. Compared to Mitsuhide, who has worked with him for three years, you knew Kenma only on a surface level. The doorbell rung and your head raised up at the sound. 

You walked timidly towards the door while wiping your tears and fixing yourself. The door opened just as you were about to hold its doorknob. 

" What- What the heck, f/n. Lock the doors for goodness sake some burglar is gonna get in you..... know...." Kuroo showed up in a black leather jacket and red shirt. His expression dropped down once he saw you standing in front of the entrance with your nose and eyes reddened. 

" I forgot..." you sobbed. You didn't know you were going to act like a crybaby once you've started shedding tears as you've only done it a few times. Most of them were only a couple of drops of tears and no more than that.  He slowly walked closer and a worried expression was painted on his face. 

" Hey... what happened?" He bends down to look at you because of your short height. Kuroo being a 6'2 man didn't help and the fact that you were only a few inches shorter than Kenma didn't help either. You looked at his eyes and breathed in and out. 

" We just had an argument." you replied, wiping your tears for the last time. He let out a sigh, there was only one person who would affect you this way and Kuroo knew him. He placed his hand on your shoulder and pushed you closer towards him, enveloping you in a hug. 

" Well, I got time so tell me everything that happened." you can feel the vibrations of his voice through his chest. The feeling of warmth and comfort fills you up. The two of you agreed to talk in the living room, you had offered to do it in your room but Kuroo bluntly disagreed saying something along the lines of ' I'm a gentleman' . You sat beside him on the white couch while you lean your elbows on your knees. 

" So.... did Kenma say something insensitive again?" He crossed his arms while positioning himself to properly look at you, his back leaned against the arm of the couch. 

" N-not really..." you replied softly. The question made you think, were you the one who was insensitive after all? Kenma sounded stressed and maybe you added to his stress after asking such questions. 

" He rarely speaks up his opinions and when he does he's really blunt about it. " you nodded your head, taking in the information. See, the problem wasn't Kenma, you thought. It's me.

Explaining everything to Kuroo seems like a energy draining task as a lot of things had already happened even before you and Kenma started dating. But first off, does Kuroo even know the two of you have already been dating. 

" He's not the problem.... I'm sure I'm the one who was insensitive." Kuroo sat straight, your reply piqued his interest. 

" Kenma's trying to be a good boyfriend. I can sense it-"

"Wait what?" your eyes turned towards him, eyebrows furrowed at his sudden question. 

" We-we're dating...." you looked away in embarrassment. Kuroo didn't reply, he only stared at you, still processing the information in his mind. 

" What?!" the sudden reaction caused you to flinch.  

" He... did he not tell you?" you asked. He raised his hand to cover his forehead, face-palming at what he had just heard. 

"Wait wait... so.. who confessed first?" you felt your cheeks flush and warm up. 

" K-Kenma...."

" What?!!" 

" Can you please stop overreacting.." you pleaded, looking at him with a straight face. Kuroo slams his back against the arm of the couch due to disbelief. 

" Sorry, my mind is still processing everything." you smirked at his reply. 

" I can tell.." Kuroo regrouped himself and suddenly turned serious, a piercing gaze goes along with his expression. 

" So if Kenma isn't the problem... then who is?" he questioned, leaning his face towards you. You let out a sigh, preparing yourself mentally to let out everything. 

" Y-Yujii.... my ex-bestfriend." The look on Kuroo's face said it all, he was confused, bewildered but more obviously frustrated. The more you explained to him, the more tears you let out. Kuroo couldn't say a word but only comforted you through his hug. 

" Why didn't you tell me, huh?" he caresses your arm with his hand. 

" Why didn't you tell me when the three of us met each other in the mall?" You lowered your head, remembering the hurt you felt during that day. 

" Because I thought I could talk to her... I thought I could get her back.. she was my best friend."

"And so Am I.." you raised your head to look at him , he wiped your tears with his thumb and smirked after. He took his fingers and flicked your forehead, you looked at him with an annoyed expression as a response. 

" You don't need such people like that in your life. " The two of you share a comforting eye contact, you've never had a friend like Kuroo before and you hate yourself for only realizing it now. Kuroo was the friend you needed, not Yujii. He suddenly took you in an embrace. 

" Now, tell me about this Mitsuhide person..." you nodded your head. Doing what you were asked, you told Kuroo everything. Every detail. Everything that Yujii and Mitsuhide had told you. And throughout the whole time you told him, he was listening intently. Something you badly needed someone to do. 

You looked at the clock that hung on the wall near the entrance. The time said it was already twelve in the morning, you panicked at the sight of the numbers. 

" Holy crap, it's already that late!" Kuroo calmly turned his head towards the clock.

" Shit." He cursed at the time. Kuroo quickly stood up and grabbed his leather jacket. He made his way towards the door but you stopped him from doing so. 

" Are you going home? " You asked, a concerned expression was painted on your face. 

" Yeah. Well, are you feeling better now?" He questioned as he peers his eyes towards your hand which was still grabbing his arm. 

" Sorry.." You took your hand back and awkwardly smiled. 

" Can you.... talk to Kenma tomorrow?" You asked him. He chuckled and shook his head. 

" Yeah duh. Talking to Kenma is basically my job." you smiled at his response, making your mood feel a little lighter. 

" Then.... stay here for the night." You stared at his eyes, not knowing the weight of your request. 

" Huh?" 

" Kenma will probably go home really early. And I don't want to talk to him first thing in the morning. He's scary when he's mad you know!" You pleaded, your hands formed a praying position. 

" I mean I could just come here early-"

" Pleaseeeee..." You pouted and looked at him with puppy eyes. Kuroo raised his eyebrow at the sight, he never imagined he would see his best friend acting cute in front of him.  

" F/n... you're really cute but maybe.. don't do that again." You rolled your eyes and let out a sigh. 

" Well, that's the first and last time you'll see me do that. But Kuroo...." you gazed at him. 

" Help me out.... I promise I'll buy you tons of chips." you held out your pinky finger and raised it up. Kuroo sighed and smirked. 

" Don't mind if I do." He grinned. Kuroo stood straight and glares at you. 

" Now go to sleep. I'll rest on the couch." You had forgotten how late it has gotten and you immediately agreed to his request. 

Kuroo sat on the couch and reached for his phone. He looked at it with fear, realizing how scary Kenma would be once he finds out about this. 

" yep. He's gonna kill me." He bit his lip as he began typing up a message. It was a lengthy one, something Kuroo rarely does. Instead of a reply, Kuroo got a call instead. He gasped at the sudden caller tone and gulped. His heart skipped a beat because of the nervousness he was feeling. 

" Y-yo..." he greeted awkardly.

" I'll be home at eight."

" Got it." Kuroo chuckled. 

" Don't. Do. anything." He hears Kenma threaten him and he furrows his eyebrows at his response. 

" Dude. Seriously? Of course I'm not gonna do anything." He shook his head and smirked.

The call ended and Kuroo was left silent. He has already started coming up with plans on how to settle the problem between the two of you. Being the mediator has its benefits, coming up with a plan in a timely manner was one of them. 

" Seriously, these two." He let out another sigh. 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

526K 20.8K 44
Y/N L/N has always considered herself as a push over. Always living under the shadow of her best friend Emiko Kuroo. Being friends with Kuroo Tetsuro...
23.4K 359 17
Y/N is a quiet girl who avoids people as much as possible. That's why on her first day at Nekoma high school she goes to the roof to eat lunch on her...
1.8K 58 17
She/her pronouns! Y/n is from a wealthy family with strict rules. She does everything she can to make her family proud. Her life turns upside when sh...
385K 10.3K 30
this was written in 2020-2021 so it has that type of humor 😭😭 super cringe fr... "hey youre hot" "i know right 🥵" after time-skip ! In which, Y/N...