Stonehearts 9: Sapphire

By bncmld

| Stonehearts #9 | People see her as a rock of solid power and strength. She isn't easily wavered and never g... More

Stonehearts: Sapphire
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen

Eight

3.4K 134 14
By bncmld

Holy macaroni, I'm dizzy. I pried opened my eyes and shut it back closed because pain suddenly seized me. Jesus, where the fuck am I?

I groaned and tried to move, then a stabbing pain on the back of my hand alarmed me. With force, I again fluttered my eyes to investigate.

What the fuck? Is that a hep-lock? I traced the tubes attached and saw intravenous fluids dripping from it. The smell of bleach and medicine assaulted my senses.

I abruptly botled upright, cursing when a sudden rush of lightheadedness struck me. I gripped my head and rested my back on the creaking hospital bed.

When did I get here? More importantly, why am I here? I stalked back to the extent of what my memory will serve me.

Busy day at the clinic. A call from Arcie. Meeting Sage and Claus. Weird and loop-holed conversation. Reid showing up. And shit, I blacked out after that.

Fucking hell, that was embarrassing.

I sighed, calming my thoughts. Though I have a very good guess who brought me here, I'm still in denial. I was about to reach for my phone when the door opened and my brother strode in.

He looked relieved when he saw me awake. He placed the bottled water on the table beside me and sat on the edge of the bed on my right.

"Hey, Firecracker. How are you feeling?" His voice low and filled with dread.

"I'm fine, Kuya. Medyo nahihilo lang." Buntong-hiningang sagot ko.

The worry etched on his face soon dimmed into annoyance. Pinitik niya ang noo ko. "I told you, Elora Ysabelle! Magpahinga ka ng sapat. You're practically drilling yourself to dust. Sabi ng doktor, extreme stress raw ito and it's taking a toll on you."

I glowered at him, still trying to soothe the pang on my forehead from his attack. "Sus! Hindi ako mamatay sa stress, Kuya!"

"Alam ko, dahil masamang damo ka." Mabilis niyang sagot.

Ang sarap ipulupot sa kanya nitong tubo ng swero ko. Ugh! Umirap ako, "Mana lang ako sa'yo."

My head pounded. Obviously, it's complaining from all the shouting we just did. I massaged my temples, sinking deeper on the bed making it rasp with my movements.

Seeing my pain, he released a long sigh. "You need to take care of yourself, Fire. You're not omnipotent, okay? Give yourself an adequate rest. Marami namang bukas, hindi ka mauubusan."

If not for the evident fear in his voice, I wouldn't welcome the feeling of guilt. "Okay, I understand. Sorry for worrying you."

"You don't have to apologize. You may be a pain in my ass but you're my sister. I rather kill you myself than let you or another person do it."

I rolled my eyes, but a smile surfaced from my lips. A silence passed, then I sought to ask assistance as to what happened when I passed out, so I can stitch my memory together.

"Sinong nagsugod sa'kin dito?"

"Your friends? I don't know any of them. Kagabi ko lang sila nakita. But one of them looks familiar, si Arcie."

"They called you?"

"No, it was by chance when I contacted you. I talked to Cael yesterday morning and he mentioned a certain person willing to loan you money. Hindi mo 'yon nabanggit sa'kin, kaya tinawagan kita. Another person answered my call, a male, then it was passed to another person, a woman telling me that they are bringing you here because you fainted."

Napapikit ako. He looked pissed that I blindsided him with that information but he's reigning on it. I'm sure, kapag okay na ako, sisigawan nanaman ako ng unggoy na 'to.

Then a realization hit me.

"Did they tell you something when you arrived here?" I croaked. I tightly coiled my hands on the hospital sheets, not really sure if I want my question to be answered or not.

"Not much. I introduced myself and they did the same. They gave me a run down of what happened, then they left shortly after."

Oh god. Now, Reid knows that Kuya isn't really my boyfriend. And damn, I felt haunted. A part of me hypothesized that the only thing restraining him is his broken knowledge about my relationship with Kuya. And it was my plan to keep it that way, but said plan is now vetoed. Fucking shit.

The trouble I'm feeling must've shown on my face because he gave my arm a comforting squeeze then a rub. "Hey, I didn't tell dad and ma about this. Dad will shit a brick and Ma will probably follow suit and faint herself. And you know what happens next, magtatanong na sila kung bakit ka nababaon sa stress."

Actually, hindi pa umaabot ang pag-aalala ko sa mga magulang namin. Masyadong maraming bagay ang tumatakbo sa isipan ko hindi ko na alam ang uunahin. But thank god, he misread my expression.

"Thanks, Kuya. Though, I'm kind of worried because I'm now heavily indebted to you. I'm sure you'll ask something in return." I arched an eyebrow at him.

He chuckled and it was laced with deviousness. "Wala pa akong naiisip but it will come soon."

God, he's such an asshole.

I stayed a couple more hours before I got the clearance from my doctor. I was prescribed with iron vitamins and was advised to get lots of rest for my anemia. Kuya drove me back to my unit and insisted I get at least two days off. And by insisted, I mean, blackmailed me to refrain from working or else he'll tell dad and ma what's happening.

Sneaky bastard.

I fully intend to contact Arcie once I was home but my exhaustion caught up with me that I dozed off immediately as soon as I hit the sheets. Hapon na ng nagising ako. After I showered, I went to fix myself something to eat, saka ko naalala na i-check ang cellphone ko at ma-contact na rin si Arcie para mag-thank you.

Notifications appeared on my screen when I hit the sleep button. Taking a nervous bite of my sandwich, I swallowed hard and tapped on the screen.

Clinic – Phone: Pagaling ka, Doc. Sinabihan na kami ni Sir Yno na magpapahinga ka. See you soon. – Annie & Carol

Arcie: Hope you're doing okay by now, Fire. Please, call me when you can. We're really worried.

Unknown number: You're one hell of a performer, Doctor Fire. You got us worrying to shit. See you and I'm looking forward to playing a game with you again. – Claus

Doc Mico: Pagaling ka, Doc!

Unknown number: This is Sage. Reid isn't really looking happy with what happened. You need to call him as soon as you can or he'll blow a hole in a wall to come get you. Nevertheless, I hope you're doing alright.

Unknown number: Call me immediately when you wake up.

Unknown number: He's your brother. You didn't tell me.

Unknown number: You were dead tired but you still went to the party. Isn't that just plain stupid?

Unknown number: It's stress, isn't it? I noticed you're rather pale last night, which means you're probably losing sleep. If you just accept my help and stop being so goddamn stubborn you won't get hospitalized.

Unknown number: I called the hospital. You were discharged earlier this morning. You better call me when you read this.

Doc Neri: Pahinga ng mabuti, Doc! 'Wag mo kaming alalahanin, yakang-yaka namin dito.

Doc Fel: Doc Fire, rest ka lang hanggang sa kailangan mo. We got the clinic covered.

Unknown number: Mr. Reid Donovan is angry, Doctor Fire. Said he'd kill me because I added to your stress from our last night's game. You have to save me ;)

Mixed emotions. But none of it were pretty when it comes to Reid's texts. Who does he think he is? He may have this mysterious pull on my very being but he's not the boss of me! I'm certainly no pushover.

Tapping furiously on my cell, I replied to each and everyone except him. Umasa siya! I don't owe him shit. He can threaten me to the depths of hell but he's not getting his way with me.

A few seconds later, my phone rang. Seeing Arcie's name flashing, I put a leash on my anger to tame it. The last thing I want is directing this fury to someone else, let alone, to a sweet, pregnant person.

"Arcie, hey." I greeted.

She sighed in relief. "Fire, are you okay? You got us worried there. Bigla ka raw hinimatay."

"Yeah, sorry about that. Naabala ko pa tuloy kayo."

"Nonsense, you're my friend. Friends take care of each other." She answered instantly. "Sooooooo,"

I stopped munching on my food when the tone of her voice hit my ear. The way it tumbled out from her tongue suggests something but at the same time, coaxing me into telling her myself.

But I refuse. "So?" I replied, masking my tone with confusion and curiosity.

"Ayaw ko sanang pag-usapan natin ito ngayon. Especially, over the phone at kakalabas mo lang ng opsital. But, I can't wait!" Surely, that's excitement oozing from her.

I drew my brows together. "Pag-usapan ang alin?"

"Well, Sage and Claus told me a few things about Reid and you."

Even though my heart is about to lurch out of my chest, I maintaine my composure. Huminto ako sa pagkain dahil baka mabulunan lang ako. "What things?"

"A lot of things." She said with a sly tone. She can damn open a whole portal but I'm not walking straight to her traps. I'm playing the dumb card.

"I assure you, Arcie. There's no Reid and I."

"But he wants it to happen."

"What?"

She chuckled soflty. When she spoke, her voice is like that of a Barbie movie, dreamy and too sweet. "Reid Almodovar apparently likes you, Fire. And trust me that means a lot since he doesn't usually like people in general."

"I don't know what you're saying." I swallowed hard. My heart thumping furiously, I can feel it in my damn throat.

"Okay, I need to confess something." She rather said, her voice dipping low. "The party last night? It was a bait. I swear, I have no knowledge about it and that I already smacked the hell out of Sage and Claus for conspiring to do it But when they revealed their reasons to me, I'm no longer opposing them."

"I don't understand, Arcie." But, I do. I fucking do. And, I'm getting woozy just thinking about it.

"Sage and Claus discovered a secret file on Reid's computer at work. The file is named, Hiraya Manawari. It contained one thing, a picture of you."

A picture? Wait! Is it my nudes? My brain went on a high alert. I started to sweat profusely, not trusting myself to speak.

"Claus was able to ID you immediately since he once accompanied Colette to your clinic."

"He identified me? So I have a face in the picture?" I said, the reduction slowly seeping into my senses.

Arcie laughed. "Yes, of course, may mukha ka sa picture. Anyway, when they asked him about it, he unwillingly granted them any information. And you know Reid, he only talks when he feels like it. Couple that with his great authority of control. Kaya ayun, those two knuckleheads thought of bringing you in the picture, hence, the party, to break Reid's said steel-hard composure. And looks like they succeeded."

"Succeeded?" I ghastly repeated.

"Yup. When you lost consciousness, Reid threatened to kill Claus and spat a few more curses and menacing promise of death until we reached the hospital. That right there, says a lot. It's not common to see him show any emotion other than his usual blank and cold stare."

"Arcie, I think you guys are just reading the situation too intensely." But a part of me despise what I said. So, my internal battle begins again.

"No, Fire. Those three have known each other for twelve years. Kung may taong mang kilala si Reid mula ulo hanggang paa, si Sage at Claus 'yon. I believe them, too. You see, there's only one person who Reid's very overprotective with, that's Colette. But when I saw how he reacted last night, I'm renouncing that idea now."

I release a very shaky laugh. Nope, I'm not entertaining this idea even though my subconscious is already setting a mob against me. No, Reid Almodovar is bad news.

"If you're playing matchmaker, Arcie, then I think it's best that I say it now. I'm not looking for a relationship. Especially with how my recent ended. Marami akong kailangan unahin na mas importanteng bagay."

She was quiet for a while. The she unloose a dejected sigh. "Sayang naman. You two will be great together. And it thrills me kasi kaibigan kita tapos kaibigan ko rin si Reid."

"Maybe in another lifetime." I answered with a laugh just to make my answer sound genuine.

She begrudgingly ended the call, telling me to think about what she said. Well, she didn't have to tell me because I'll be nipping everything she revealed to me all night long. Fuck, if I don't want to do a merry dance right now.

My thoughts went into a halt when I heard someone at my door. Pupuntahan ko na sana kaso tumunog din ang phone ko. It displayed an unknown number. Addled I went to pick it up while I head towards the main door.

"Hello?"

"I told you to call me." The raw and spine-tingling voice invaded me making me shiver. Shaking out of my temporary stupor, I cleared my throat.

"But it doesn't mean I'll do it." I retorted, gripping the phone tight.

"Open the door." He rather said. I stopped my tracks and looked idly at the wooden partition. He's outside my unit? When I didn't speak, he grumbled. "Open the door, Fire."

Jesus, he doesn't usually say my name but when he does it's a freaking treat.

I slowly treaded towards it and took a peep in the hole. And surely, he's there. Nakipagtalo pa muna ako sa sarili ko. Weighing all my options at hand. Kapag hindi ko binuksan 'to, malamang hindi siya aalis. Also, how the hell did he find my address?

He gave my door another set of knocks. "Open." He ordered.

Clenching my jaw at his sharp barks and dominance. I set myself to face him head on. It's gonna happen, anyway. So, why don't I do it now right?

Swinging the door wide open, I came face to face with all six-foot three of pure, fucking fantasy that is Reid Almodovar. Why does he have to look this good? Hindi nag-chill si God nang ginawa niya siya, king-ina.

"What?" I exclaimed, glaring at him.

He subjected me under intense scrutiny, it's unnerving. "You still look pale." He muttered. Is that dread and worry I hear?

I looked away. I tangled my foot on the back of my shin just so I can ease some of the pressure building.

"The doctor said I have anemia." I found myself admitting. I snapped my eyes back at him when I heard him growl.

"Because you're either not resting enough or not sleeping enough." It wasn't a question. It was a statement. And I can't understand why he's freaking mad.

I mean, I do have an assumption but I don't want to give it a thought since it traces back to my conversation with Arcie a few minutes ago.

"Why are you here?" I demanded. Still not letting go of the doorknob.

His face hardened, his next words was said with clenched teeth. "To check if you've recovered."

I cocked an eyebrow at him, hiding the tingly sensation I felt with his words. Hindi ito ang tamang panahon para kiligin, Sapphire!

"You're awfully chatty today, aren't you Reid? Look, I need to rest and –"

Damn, if my words meant shit because he grabbed me by the nape and smashed his lips on mine. Napabitaw ako sa pagkakahawak ko sa pinto at napakapit sa itim na t-shirt na suot niya. The protest, the denial, the repulsion, all of it ceased to exist.

"Waited too damn long for your lips." He firmly said against my mouth. He advanced inside my space making me retreat my steps. He nudged the door close with his elbow and spun us around until I'm pressed against it, his body pinning me down.

Both of his hands are collaring my neck, fingers spanned on my jaw and nape. He rested his forehead on mine, our labored breaths mingled.

"He's your brother." He said accusingly.

"I'm not looking for a relationship." I blurted out.

"So am I."

He bit my bottom lip making me gasp before he attacked. He wasn't kissing me. Kissing is such a soft word to describe this. He's using my mouth. Taking it. Owning it. He fucking consumed it. He kissed with so much intensity my whole body hurt. The blazing need I have for him blasted and I feel it pulsating inside me.

His hand travelled up, gripping my hair and angling it to the side so he can deepen the kiss. I growled at his mouth. Not liking him exerting dominance. I fisted my hand on his long locks, warning him that I'm not someone who's used in taking orders.

But the asshole seemed to like my defiance. He jammed me harder against the door, his leg moving and inserting it between mine. I moaned when he started rubbing his thigh on my swollen and throbbing mound. With the thin fabric of my shorts, the friction from his torture sent bolts of strong, unyielding hunger through me.

Taking advantage of my sharp intake of breath, he delved his tongue again and searched for mine. He gave it a forceful suck and I moaned, imaging him sucking me somewhere else.

"Reid." I groaned against his mouth. He released his hold on my hair and took both of my hands in his then pinned it on top of my hand.

The erogenous euphoria left me as I gave him a hard and resisting stare. I struggled against his hold but he just grinned at me, amused of my rebellious nature.

"What are you doing? Let me go." I harshly commanded, even though his damn smirk is so distracting.

He didn't say a thing. He traced my throat with his nose then his sinful mouth followed the trail. My reluctance is still there but it's getting weaker, my will to be free of his grip wavering.

"You smell so damn fine, Fire." He praised. His gravelly, raw, and wicked voice is like a damn aphrodisiac. It's embarrassing to be this wet for him.

"Reid, let go." It sounded like a whine more than an order.

He chuckled. He found his way to the hollow behind my ear and gave it a sensual and hard suckle.

"Nowhere to go, Hiraya." He whispered.

He's a force to be reckon with and I'm a fool to think that I can successfully evade him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...