The Devil's Smile - Editing

Por pseudonymVA

Charlie King is the towns resident bad boy, always has been. Always will be, ever since he punched a kid's lo... MΓ‘s

π—¦π—¬π—‘π—’π—£π—¦π—œπ—¦
π—©π—œπ—¦π—¨π—”π—Ÿπ—¦
π—’π—‘π—˜
𝗧π—ͺ𝗒
𝗧𝗛π—₯π—˜π—˜
𝗙𝗒𝗨π—₯
π—™π—œπ—©π—˜
π—¦π—œπ—«
π—¦π—˜π—©π—˜π—‘
π—‘π—œπ—‘π—˜
π—§π—˜π—‘
π—˜π—Ÿπ—˜π—©π—˜π—‘
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—Ÿπ—©π—˜
π—§π—›π—œπ—₯π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
𝗙𝗒𝗨π—₯π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
π—™π—œπ—™π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
π—¦π—œπ—«π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
π—¦π—˜π—©π—˜π—‘π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
π—˜π—œπ—šπ—›π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
π—‘π—œπ—‘π—˜π—§π—˜π—˜π—‘
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ π—’π—‘π—˜
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ 𝗧π—ͺ𝗒
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ 𝗧𝗛π—₯π—˜π—˜
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ 𝗙𝗒𝗨π—₯
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ π—™π—œπ—©π—˜
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ π—¦π—œπ—«
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ π—¦π—˜π—©π—˜π—‘
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ π—˜π—œπ—šπ—›π—§
𝗧π—ͺπ—˜π—‘π—§π—¬ π—‘π—œπ—‘π—˜
π—§π—›π—œπ—₯𝗧𝗬
π—§π—›π—œπ—₯𝗧𝗬 π—’π—‘π—˜
π—©π—’π—Ÿπ—¨π— π—˜ 𝗧π—ͺ𝗒

π—˜π—œπ—šπ—›π—§

2.9K 44 3
Por pseudonymVA

𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗘

•••

I like to believe that I'm invincible.

Not in the way that I sniff so much coke that I think I can fly. I've never really been into snorting. Or cocaine for that matter.

But in the way that I like to think I'm unaffected by what goes on around me and what happens to me. That I just block it out and feel okay because like I said, it doesn't affect me.

Like my last relationship for example, I like to pretend that his controlling ways haven't affected me but I know that they have. In more that one way.

But I'm not stupid, I know that I've been affected by what happened at the weekend.

Part of me was terrified to see Oliver again.

Although, I couldn't tell if I was more angry at the fact that Oliver I don't even care about his last name anymore came onto me or because Charlie was right.

To be honest, part of me always knew Charlie was right but deep down I wanted to prove him wrong and go to the party simply because he said I shouldn't.

What a fucking mistake that was, now I'm probably going to be the laughing stock of the school.

I kept my head down until I felt his presence. It was like the room grew hotter by the second as all eyes were on me.

Oliver was here and walking around school with a face like a pitbull chewing a wasp, blessed with a bruise and broken nose that was soothing to my soul in a sick way.

It lessened the anxiety I had for retaliation but it didn't take it away.

Because it was wasn't quite calming enough, I decided that a trip to the gym later to use their treadmill and punching bag would be completely necessary even though my ribs still hurt like a bitch.

As well as smoking weed and half a pill of codeine each day. That too was completely necessary.

It felt good to almost forget about that perv trapping me between his grimy body and some random dudes ikea fucking wardrobe. It also felt good feeling like I'm constantly floating in comforting darkness so that I'm not so damn attached to my emotions.

I remember the first time I smoked weed, I was twelve, almost thirteen and had smelt it whilst playing with a soccer ball in the garden because the neighbors had sparked one up. I loved the smell and decided that getting high for the first time would time would be well spent with Charlie. I practically had to beg him to do it with me, not because he didn't want to smoke weed with me but he didn't want to "corrupt"  me.

Ah, pre-teen memories.

I tie my hair into a high ponytail and slip on my yeezys that Charlie had bought me for my 16th birthday.

He bought me them simply because I said they really weren't worth the hype and wanted to prove me wrong.

I still think they're not worth the hype, sorry Charlie but I'm a stubborn girl.

Speaking of Charlie, I haven't spoken to him since that day in the cafeteria but he still leaves smoothies in my locker and looks for me in the hallways, his way of letting me know he cares.

He was so fiercely protective of me.

Today was Monday and the rumours of what happened at the party were making their way around school, some true but most were fake, but all of them included that I did infact break his nose.

And I didn't miss the proud smile that graces Charlies lips when he seen Olivers bruised, broken and swollen nose.

I decided to take a walk to the gym since it was only fifteen minutes away, that and I didn't have a car or any other mode of transportation, settling for my selected playlist on Spotify to entertain me on my way there.

Upon arrival the gym was eerily quiet, a couple of old men lined the walls using the elliptical machine because with bingo wings like those, they sure as hell didn't work with the weights.

I cross the large gym to the treadmill whilst ignoring the chilling and Michael Jackson's Neverland-esk looks from the old men and begin my ten minute mile run.

•••

I could practically feel the sweat dripping down my back as I finished my second ten minute mile up hill on the treadmill to complete my full body work out.

Guess I had more pent up rage than I originally thought.

Feeling a presence beside me I looked over to spot none other than Charlie-fucking-King holding a singular red rose with a sheepish smile spread across his face which morphes into the infamous smile I love to see.

He opens his arms wide and I let myself fall into them gleefully, wrapping my noodle arms around his broad shoulders, inhaling his scent which I have missed oh so much these last few days.

"Come to papa" he laughs as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Don't make it weird King" I say, feeling his chest vibrate again.

"You're so sweaty, I regret this already"  I didn't have to look at him to know his smirking.

"You've seen me sweatier, quit your complaining" I swat his back with my hand although I'm still wrapped up in his arms.

I pull back from his embrace and take the rose that was still in his hand. "Red huh, here to confess your undying love?" I grin up at him.

"Red, for respect actually, because you totally fucking ruined Olivers nose" he laughs with a proud smile.

"He was asking for it" I shrug, picking up my drink bottle from the floor and make my way over to the desk, ready to sign out.

"Come on lets get out of here" he says as we intertwine our fingers and I drag him out the gym and towards his car which I can spot in the far corner of the dark car park which is only illuminated by the street lamps.

I turn to look at him to see him laugh as we begin to run towards the car, his smile was honestly breathtaking and I totally understand why all the girls swoon for him, his teeth are prefect and his lips full. There was something so pure yet devious about his smile that I've grown to love.

Like I've said, I'd do anything to see that devil-like smile.

Charlie's POV

I open the passenger door for her to slide in which she does quickly and gracefully, probably from all the lubricant that her sweat offers.

I never did understand why she works out so much, I know she does it to keep fit and to look and feel good, but I also know that if she doesn't stick to her workout routine she feels incredibly guilty and anxious.

Its a problem, I know she tries hard to work on but also ignore at the same time, just like her eating disorder.

It wasn't like she was severely underweight or made herself throw up, but she hardly ever eats breakfast, she doesn't eat at school. So basically she eats one and a half meals a day and I know that, that mixed with the constant working out isn't exactly healthy for the body, especially since she hardly sleeps too.

What am I going to do with her.

"So where are we going now?" She glances up at me through her lashes, her big green eyes looking as vibrant as ever.

"Home so you can shower and change, also so I can febreeze my car"

She laughs loudly, one of my favourite laughs and shoves my arm making the car swerve slightly.

"I am not that bad"

"Of course you're not darling" I smile at her sweetly but sarcastically.

She's already connected to the aux and no doubt sifting through her Spotify to find a song

"What vibes do you want? I fucked your bitch and I'll do it again? Sad bitch hours?" She says, still scrolling through her phone.

"Surprise me" with a few taps of her phone "beautiful nightmare" by lil tracy was blasting through my cars speakers with Nyx singing along loudly, of which I would sometimes join in too, which made her smile brightly.

It wasn't long until we paused the music and slammed the car doors shut to be greeted by the barks of her dogs which could be seen in the front window of her house.

We raced up her steps into her bathroom and she quickly stripped off and hopped into the shower, once she shouted me into the room, I perched myself onto the sink and because from where it was situated you couldn't see into the shower, keeping her fully obscured from my view.

"Well where are are going?" She shouts over the sound of the water flowing from the shower head.

"I was thinking we go see harvey, he's with some others from that tracks that we know"

"I liked him, he seems calm you know?"

"He's normally not as talkative as he was with you"

"What can I say, I have that affect on people" Nyx chimes, the water cuts off and she sticks her arm out of the shower door "Pass me a towel"

She soon steps out with the towel securely wrapped around her tanned body and walks past me directly to her wardrobe, pulling out item after item of clothing.

I turn around swiftly to face the other way when I hear the towel drop. Seconds later she's asking me to turn around to ask me on which t-shirt I preferred.

Nyx is stood there in black cycling shorts and a lace bra holding up two different t-shirts. "Which one would go better with black converse?" She asks.

"The left one" I point to the white one in her left hand, whilst managing to keep my gaze away from her chest.

She quickly pulls it on over her head and pulls her long brown locks out from it and grabs her black hi-top converse from the wardrobe.

Not so gracefully she falls to the ground, landing on her ass so she can slip on her converse and tie the laces before pushing herself back up off the floor and brushes herself off beside me.

"Come on then lets get out of here"  she grabs my hand and tugs me out her room and back towards the front door.

Her skin is warm and leaves my arm feeling hot and my skin tingles where we're making contact.

Stumbling down her driveway to my car, Nyx mumbling about a t-shirt she wants but comes to a holt when the neighbor's shouting her name from their porch grabs her attention.

She turns and smiles at the four of them, "be careful tonight aight? Some of the guys from the tracks are out looking for trouble again" the eldest one, shouts down to us.

I haven't really spoke to her neighbour's all that much but I knew they looked out for Nyx as much as they could.

"Again? Thanks for the heads up" Nyx offers them a sincere, sweet smile, grateful for their protectiveness over her.

The second eldest one, Chase, Whos arguably the most violent, intimidating and protective one of the four, looks at me and we exchange a nod, just ensuring himself that she's safe with me.

She always will be

•••

It wasn't really a party, not the same as a high school party at least, some were high, or drunk and happy, laughing louder than the music and others were sat calmly in the hallway, against the wall smoking.

Nyx, Harvey and I are sat on the sofa passing a blunt between the three of us when some kid that I hardly recognise pushes through the front door, talking loudly, or more like screaming about a fight.

I glance down at Nyx who is already looking up at me through her lashes, green eyes wide and we're both thinking the same thing.

She jumps off the couch, Harvey and I quick to follow her out of the house and out onto the road.

Cars lined the cracked side walk of the entire street and front lawns of the houses close by this one, pretty much everyone in the neighbourhood was here anyway.

Nyx had pushed her way to the front of the crowd and from the way her body had tensed I could tell that this probably wouldn't end well.

Harvey and I push through and stand on either side of the petite brunette and see exactly why she tensed up.

It was Vince and his friends from Ihop, here to pay a little visit.

"Ah just the couple I was looking for" Vince shoves someone who was clearly trying to calm him down, not wanting this to escalate and involve the police, to the side.

"What do you want Vince?"

"A rematch" his eyes cold, flickering between me and Nyx.

"Jesus, you still haven't got over the fact that you lost?" I said "talk about sore loser"

"Too scared your bitch will leave you when I win? She'll want to spend time with a real winner" he gives Nyx a once over, licking his bottom lip.

"I'd have to be held against my will to spend time with you" Nyx smiled sweetly at him as if she just asked if he wanted ice cream.

"That can be arranged baby girl"

The next few moments came by in a blur, Harvey and some others were pulling me back from Vince and his men, his lip slightly bloody as some of the older and stronger guys step through the crowd to be behind Nyx, Harvey and I.

"The streets, rematch" he spit at me, wiping his nose across the back of his hand.

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

89 4 17
Friendships are fragile, but they become important when invested. So are Relationships. But out of those two, which is more important? Would you rath...
816K 27.6K 33
Alexander walker and Dylan Ross. Two inseparable and most importantly 'straight' best friends who just like to mess around. What could go wrong betwe...
3.7M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
374 43 26
Shaylin Rose has not had the easiest of times growing up. Moving around non-stop, growing up without a dad and having an abusive ex-boyfriend at the...