Hanasaku || Sequel to Tsubaki...

By tuiboog

Tsubaki Nara didn't know why things happened, only that they did. Thrust in the middle of political power str... More

Chapter 0.0
Chapter 0.1
Chapter 0.2
Chapter 0.3
Chapter 0.4
Chapter 0.5
Chapter 0.6
Chapter 0.7
Chapter 0.8
Chapter 1.0
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
Chapter 1.8

Chapter 0.9

1.9K 125 9
By tuiboog

CHAPTER IX

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

Hinata woke up frozen in fear. She was in an unfamiliar place surrounded by the people she last remembers seeing before they knocked her unconscious. The lankier of the three was high up in the branches scoping for something. Meanwhile, the other two were not too far in front of her whispering something inaudible.

Hinata tried moving her hands but they were bound tight. One shift of her wrists caused them to burn painfully. She tried keeping her whimpers quiet to avoid catching their attention.

'Who are these men? Why did they kidnap me? Where are we?' So many questions were going on in her frantic mind. She couldn't formulate a plan of escape in her state of panic. Her struggles were put to an end when a shoe nearly crushed her head into the tree. She yelped, turning her tearfully gaze to meet the grinning man's.

"Bout time you woke up, Hyuuga Princess. We were starting to think you were dead." He knelt down to her height, taking her trembling jaw into a painful grip. "Hmph. Don't cry. You'll hurt your eyes if you do. And that's what we need the most. Don't worry we won't kill you. Not yet at least."

"Takuma-sama, when're we going to start moving?" The man from the trees asked, jumping down next to his companion.

"Yeah. I don't like how quiet it is here," the other replied.

Takuma stood to his full height, giving his men an annoyed look. "We can't move until we get the signal."

The three had successfully managed to slip out of Konoha without being captured. Of course, their hands had to get dirty along the way, but no price was too small for their homeland. Peace with another country was never an option for Kumogakure.

Everyone knew that the Hidden Leaf possessed not only the 9-Tailed beast jinchuriki but also several clans with very powerful ocular Justus. In order to obtain just a small portion of that power, they pretended to come in the name of peace.

The Hyuuga Clan was not their first choice of targets. It was the Uchihas who were ideal. The Sharingan's infamous power was the kind of stuff that sounded like a myth. No one knew exactly just how much it was capable of, but if the stories of Madara Uchiha were true than it was the perfect weapon of destruction. However, the main branch had two sons. The eldest was the renowned Itachi Uchiha - a man capable of killing the three of them if they so much as attempted to kidnap someone from his clan.

The Hyuuga Clan's main branch only had two girls that were mere children. Thus, this kidnapped the elder daughter.

The plan couldn't have gone more smoothly. Takuma felt a small twinge of remorse for the other two he had dragged along. They were good guys. Necessary for their goals of bringing stability to Kumogakure. This operation was a close one. Only the three present and the small group of shinobi that were supposed to help guide them back home at the border knew. Once the flare went off they would start running back with their prize.

"Asahi, you go closer to the border and see what the hell is taking those guys so long." The lanky man disappeared. "Shogo, do a round and make sure those Leaf scum haven't caught on our trail." The bulkier man strode off into the darkness of the woods. Snow was slowly beginning to fall. Hinata could see her shuddering breath.

"W-Why?" Takuma turned. Hinata was on the verge of tears. "Why did you kidnap me?"

A smirk twisted onto his face. "A brat like you wouldn't understand since you've always lived in the safety of your walls. In the real world, there's a war always going on between each nation. Konoha has abused their position - always flaunting their strength. But once we use your Byakugan we'll be one step closer to creating an army strong enough to overthrow the Hidden Leaf. That's why there's no need for you to be worried about your life yet. You're an important piece. Rejoice."

There was a rustling of bushes a few yards away. Takuma whipped out his kunai, squinting into the shadows for any sign of movement.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" The only response he got was more movement. He glanced back to Hinata, choosing whether or not to pursue the sound.

'Tch. What the hell is Shogo doing?!' Reluctantly he headed into the direction.

As soon as he was gone Hinata started wrestling with her ropes. Her feet were also tied, making it impossible to run on foot. 'Dad, please come find me! Someone help me, please!' She prayed her heart out for someone to hear her desperate call.  A cold hand suddenly clamped against her mouth from behind. Her wild eyes turning to the person. Only when she found it to be a concerned Tsubaki did her shoulders relax and she was permitted to speak.

"T-Tsu-chan, what-?"

"Shh," Tsubaki started untying her feet first. "Everyone in Konoha has been looking for you! Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"N-No. But how did you find me?"

"There's no way these guys could've gotten through Konoha's tight security without being caught. So I figured they went through the river tunnels. From there I just located your chakra. I made a shadow clone to distract them for now, but we have to hurry. Hopefully the adults are almost here."

There were so many questions Hinata had, but all she could feel was relieved that she was saved. Her arms wrapped tight around her friend as the tears finally flooded down her reddened cheeks.

"I-I was so scared," she hiccuped. "They said t-they were going to use my eyes! I want to go home, Tsu-chan."

Tsubaki rubbed her back consoling. "Don't worry, Hina-chan. I promise to get you home, okay?"

"O-Okay."   

"Alright. You need to do exactly as I say. We're going to make a run for it."

"Mhm."

Hand in hand, the two sprinted as fast as their legs could carry them. On her way to rescue Hinata, Tsubaki had made sure to make small unnoticeable scratches on the passing trees. They were the breadcrumbs back to the village.

'Mom and dad are going to kill me when we get back...If we make it back....No! This isn't the time to think optimistically. Sooner or later those guys will realize that they're chasing a clone. Will Hinata and I make it in time to meet up with a team? That guy said there were other teams already dispatched into the forest. It's been an hour since Konoha was alarmed of the kidnapping. They have to be somewhere nearby.'

She tried expanding her sensory range. It was hard to do so when she was still fighting a minor fever. The terrible headaches pounding against her skull made it even more difficult. Thankfully, her muddled mind cleared enough for her to realize that Takuma was headed straight for them.

Hinata nearly tripped when Tsubaki abruptly pulled them off their path and into a shrubbery. Its twigs poked them uncomfortably.

Tsubaki gave Hinata's hand a reassuring squeeze. As quietly as she could she looked out to find Takuma landing on a branch a few feet away from them, scowling. "Where are you Hyuuga princess?! I know you and that Nara kid are out here. If you come out obediently I might not kill your friends. Come on out now. There's nowhere for you to run anymore."

Tsubaki cursed her luck.

They couldn't just sit around in hopes that he wouldn't discover them and they very well couldn't just go running out. No Konoha shinobi were within close proximity. His two goons were also too far out to offer any support. If they were going to do something now was the only time. Hinata wasn't in any mindset to fight back.

Tsubaki was going to have to rely on her own strength. That single shadow clone took a big chunk of her energy. The fever wasn't helping nor was the gradually worsening weather. 

"T-Tsu, what are we going to do? There's nowhere to escape to."

Tsubaki's strategic mind played out at least fifty different scenarios. The first one was them running out and screaming for help. A possible chance of getting adults to rush over but by then the enemy would already have whisked them away. Separating was a risk since Hinata was their prime target. Plus, there was a chance that one of the other men would come to see the commotion.

Takuma hadn't thrown any weapons or approached their hiding spot yet so she had to assume they were still safe for the time being.

'This whole thing doesn't make any sense!'

****

Things back at Konoha weren't any better. While the situation was kept quiet to avoid public disarray, the parents involved were worried sick. Hiashi was sentenced to be retrained to his household. Two shinobi were put as guards to make sure he didn't go out and do something reckless.

The clan member that had been injured at the time and identified kidnappers was the Lord's younger brother, Hizashi. Luckily the wounds weren't fatal. He fell asleep right after Yoshino's flawless treatment.

Now, the Third Hokage hoped that her husband was not rendered useless from worry. News that Tsubaki had disappeared without a chase spread like a wildfire. Suddenly, the rescue mission was for two main household's children. No one had figure out yet just how exactly she slipped through security. Obviously she had figured something the adults had not yet. Lord Third kept a close eye on his trusted advisor. Shikaku moved with purpose, none of his decisions rashly made.

When a rare moment of silence befell the two men, Lord Third took the opportunity to speak up. "I know how hard this must be for you and your wife, Shikaku. Just know that you're doing more good here - guiding the troops - then running mad out there. Tsubaki is a smart girl. She'll be fine."

"I know," he replied, keeping his eyes trained on a layout of the entire village. The desire to 'run mad' and have his daughter back in his arms was incessant; like a string tugging him closer and closer to the edge of an endless pit. Only when she was back safe where she belonged would this great anxiety disappear. But then there was that silver line that kept him from falling. It was the small reassurance in the back of his head that his daughter would be okay. "She's stronger and smarter than I ever was at that age."

The Third Hokage nodded in silent agreement.

Two ANBU shinobi suddenly appeared. They both stripped their masks, first turning to bow respectfully to the Third Hokage, then to Shikaku. He recognized these two as Kakashi Hatake and Itachi Uchiha.

"We've found something," Kakashi announced, holding up a necklace that had a small kunai charm. "We found this north of the outer village boundary. Itachi used his sharingan and found it by chance. It's imbued with chakra." He handed it to Shikaku. "It's Tsubaki's chakra."

"Are you sure?"

"I checked myself," Itachi added. "There's no mistaking it."

"And did you find her?"

"No. Just the necklace. The end was pointing towards the water tunnels. I think she was giving us a clue that they moved upriver. We followed the trail and found that it led straight to the woods."

The Third Hokage gripped Shikaku's shoulder, smirking. "Your daughter truly is one of a kind." A proud and hopeful feeling bloomed in his chest as he clutched her gift. "Recall all the teams and head upriver. Make sure to check your surroundings when you proceed. Tsubaki would've left some other signs along the way. Securing the children's safety is our top priority."

"Yes, sir." Kakashi disappeared first, but Itachi lingered.

"Sir," he addressed Shikaku, "I swear I'll bring her back to you safely."

Shikaku stared at the stoic boy. "Are you a friend of Tsu's?"

"...Yes, sir. She's helped me out more than once."   

"Then make sure you take care of yourself out there too. Knowing my kid, she would feel terrible if anything happened to her friend." Itachi slowly nodded, strapping back on his mask and leaving promptly after.

Shikaku glanced down at the small charm. It was warm against the bitter winds of the growing night. 'Stay safe, Tsubaki.'

****

'Gah! I don't know if this is going to work, but what other choice do we have!"

Takuma had started walking around the area, cutting and stomping any suspect hiding places. He was still a good distance from them.

Tsubaki devised a plan that was unimaginably reckless with the highest probability of working. She could make one more shadow clone, dress it in Hinata's second layer kimono, then run in the opposite direction of the river. The real Hinata would do her best to get back to the village to call for help. If she didn't make it in time Tsubaki would have to improvise.

"Hinata, you need to do everything I say and do it as quietly as possible. First, I'm going to need your top layer kimono."

"Why?"

"I'm going to lead that guy in the opposite direction while you run back to the village. Just follow the markings I left on the trees."

She started shaking her head fervently. "W-What are you talking about? We'll go together!"

"We can't. We'll get caught right away. Only you can do this."

"B-But-! It'll be dangerous! What if you get hurt?"

Hinata wanted to help her friend. She didn't want to just leave her here to fight alone. But what could she do when her whole body was shaking like a leaf's. Tsubaki gently grabbed her friend's hand, smiling with her usual brightness. "Oh! I almost forgot! Hina-chan, happy birthday."

"...Eh? Why now?"

Tsubaki patted her head. "Everything will be okay! The plan will definitely work, and when we get back to the village we can eat a super delicious cake! There's no need for you to worry. Just run as fast as you can, okay? I promise I'll be right behind you."

Hinata looked down. There was really nothing else she could. "...Okay. Just please be careful."    

"Mhm. I'll be fine."

The two moved quickly. Hinata shivered when she stripped herself of the dark purple kimono and tied it around the perfect mirroring version of her. The enemy had finally gotten to the point of signaling their plan to be put into action. Tsubaki swallowed the thick lump in her throat, preparing herself mentally and physically to run faster than she ever had in her life.

'Here goes nothing.' Before all the courage in her muscles could melt down to jelly she leaped out of the bush, the clone close behind.

Takuma did not miss her noisy entrance. "Oi! Get back here!" He took the bait easily enough. Hinata had a hand around her mouth to stop herself from calling out to her friend.

She slowly came out of their hiding spot, running in the direction Tsubaki had told her to. The snow was beginning to pile up. Hinata ran, tripped, got up, and kept running. Even when ice was filling her lungs and her tears became frozen on her face, she ran.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 256 17
. "It is not what it looks like!" . "Do you doubt me?" . "Hinata and Kai: the newest teen stars hot couple?!" . Now that Hinata has Naruto as her bo...
311K 12.9K 30
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 as an uchiha, kaiwa's fate was sealed the moment she was born. cursed to live within the cycle of hate, she turned to love instead...
139K 1.9K 37
Boruto Uzumaki and Sarada Uchiha are now 18 years old and best friends ever since the Chuunin Exams. Boruto had been doing well in the recent years...
149K 3.8K 31
Haru Uchiha has lived an eventful life thus far, one of many trials and tribulations. Between love triangles and the cruelties of the shinobi world...