Hermitcraft Oneshots

By Anon1909

Hello! Welcome to my hermitcraft oneshot book. Most of these were written around season 7, and I haven't kept... More

Information
There can only be one
Hermit challenges
Tea for Two (1)
Tea for 2 (2)
Mind And Mater (1)
Mind and Mater (2)
Mind and Mater (3)
Movie Night
The Other Side
Dog Fighting (1)
Dog fighting (2)
Love letters
With all of my heart (1)
With all of my heart (2)
Drunk and in love
Homesick
Flesh and Blood
Scared
You've got to be KIDding me (1)
You've got to be KIDding me (2)
Tagged part two, electric boogaloo
You have to know when to let go
Who would do such a thing?
A/N
The imortal
The infant problem (1)
The todler problem (2)
Brothers
Thin Ice
Recap fluff
Vintage Beef's Vintage Cuts
Ok cupid
The ever fearless Doc
Headache
Beesumavoid
Scaredie cat? Scared of cats?
The idea of you
Xisuma
Shut up and kiss me
I'm not ok (I promise)
You're not sorry
Monophobia
The midnight ramblings of a sleep deprived poet
You are my everything
Drabbles .>.
Tag her? I barely know'er
Half-dead flowers
Telephone
Just like you
Only mortal
One, Two, Three, Four Taps
The Judge (1)
The Jury (2)
The People (3)
The Executioner (4)
Tales From Up North (Drabbles)
A Coin Flip
Oh, love! We love it!
Bloodbending
Photograph
Dear Angel
Nightmares
Double date
Hey, are you there?
Not in love, but close enough
Tagged!
Hurt me, honey
A life with someone who loves you
A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build
I don't want to be alone
Silenced
No more what ifs
Hi, glad to see you're still here.
In some ways
Waiting, hoping, praying
No Matter Where You Turn, the Past Will Always Be Behind You
Moonfall

One Hell Of A Mess

2.8K 51 15
By Anon1909

This isn't really a songfic but 'Untangles' by Khai Dreams fits the theme.

A bit of a short thing I came up with. Doc wants to go on a date but is always too busy.
———

"Hm? Oh.. mhm.." Doc yessed whoever was on the other end of the phone, typing some things into his computer as he spoke.

He said something in German with a soft, apologetic voice before hanging up.

He swiveled in his chair and called out to someone in the other room. "Hey, Iskall? Can you check my messages?"

A mans voice responded, "a few from John asking about the deal in the UK, should I forward them to Xisuma?"

"Yeah- and can you tell John to send all questions about overseas deals to Xisuma, thanks." He said, going back to clicking his mouse and looking through documents.

"Oh and-" he turned back to talk to Iskall again, "tell Bdubs that I'm sorry but I can't go to dinner next week."

"Ok," Iskall said, typing away.

Doc rubbed his temples, trying to keep up with his monitor. Numbers and words were scrolling by, and he was having a hard time keeping up.

A few minutes later he was typing up an email when he heard a ping from his phone.

His notifications were only on for a select few people, so he was only a little surprised when he saw two texts from a contact entitled 'Ren <3'.

Are we still on for 8?
Or are you going to ditch again.

The messages read.

"Hey, Iskall, can you text Ren and tell him I can't-" he started.

"No, Doc. With all due respect? Go on your date. I'll handle things on this end." Iskall said, having also received the text  message. That one, and the one from last week, and the week before that.

It was a wonder his boss still had a date after the amount of times he had ditched.

"Iskall.. you're a good man. But I can't just-" Doc was a workaholic, and it often got in the way of.. everything.

"Yes, you can. Go on your date, I'll text you if shit hits the fan." Iskall sounded firm.

"I- fine. Give yourself whatever overtime you need, sorry about this," Doc said, making sure to save everything as he turned off his computer.

He stood up, brushing his fingers through his dark brown hair and straightening his suit.

"I'll be going then, and make sure you message me if anything seems off- at all. Ok?" He sounded uncharacteristically nervous, and it made Iskall chuckle.

"Yes- now go spend time with your boyfriend!" Iskall said, "shoo! Shoo!"

"Ok, ok!" Doc said, walking out of the room.
———

Doc carefully drove to the entrance of a restaurant, checking the clock on the dashboard every other second.

7:55. He had five minutes. He pulled up to the car park beside the building and found a good spot, taking a moment to collect himself and adjust his hair in the rear view mirror before he left his car. He also grabbed the flowers he had bought on the way there.

The restaurant wasn't incredibly fancy, but you wouldn't be overdressed if you wore a suit.

He walked up to the host, a pleasant looking woman holding a tablet with brows furrowed in confusion.

"Hello?" He asked, "I believe my friend has already sat down. Reservation under Arzt?"

"Yes," the hostess said with a sickeningly sweet voice. "Follow me, please."

She walked over to a table in the back, next to a window that overlooked moonlit greenery and a relatively quiet highway.

At the table a man was already seated, with brown hair of such a color it nearly appeared a deep red. His eyes were slightly lighter, but had a similar red look to them. He was dressed in a tieless suit, a black suit jacket and a light red undershirt. He had been on his phone, but turned it off and placed it flat on the table as Doc and the hostess came closer. It was indeed Ren.

"Look who decided to show up," he murmured, a small bit of spite in his voice.

Doc slid into the seat opposite Ren, handing him the flowers before accepting a menu from the hostess.

"A waiter will be with you in just a minute," she said sweetly before walking away.

"I didn't think you'd actually turn up," Ren said bitterly, pushing the flowers off to the side. One of his hands was on the arm of his chair, supporting his head.

"I'm sorry about the last few weeks, I've just been swamped in-" Doc started apologetically.

"Ok, so? Call the day before, or a few hours before. Not once I'm in a cab and on my way." Ren shifted in his chair, clearly annoyed.

Doc cringed a bit, "I'm really sorry. I know I should have called earlier."

"Apology pending acception," Ren said with a slight grin.

"I'll take it," Doc said with a sheepish and apologetic smile.

As they were talking, a waitress came over to their table.

"Hello, I'm Sally and I'll be your server for today. Would you like to hear the specials?"

The two turned their attention to her, ordering wine and waiting on appetizers and entrées until they had actually read the menu.

"Hey, Doc?" Ren asked, confused at the menu. "What's duck con-fit?" He said, pronouncing confit the way it's spelled in English rather than the French way.

Doc let out a small chuckle, "do you mean duck confit?" He said, pronouncing confit as comfy, because French people are weird.

Ren nodded.

"It's basically duck parts. It's good, if you want a recommendation." Doc said, smiling and drumming his fingers against the table. He had already decided on what to order and was now just waiting for Ren.

"Hm, what about.."

The two continued to talk about various foods on the menu, Doc translating words from various languages. After a few minutes they had ordered and were now just talking normally, sipping slowly at their wine and letting the night bleed on.

By the time they had left, Ren was holding the flowers Doc had bought him.

They were in Doc's car, Doc driving. The radio was on, playing whatever songs came on from Doc's Spotify. Mostly softer ones which Doc hummed along to.

When they reached Ren's apartment complex, it was relatively late, and both were tired.

"Good night," Doc said, leaning over to give the other a kiss on the cheek.

"Night," Ren said, smiling and stepping out of the car. Before he closed the door, he made sure to get one last remark in.

"You better show up next time as well, ok?"

Doc just chuckled and did a two fingered salute before driving off.

———

Fuck I'm tired-

I have some stuff to write but yeah.

Also I have an English assignment to write an op-ed. If you've never had the pleasure of dredging through dozens of confusingly written articles, finance reports, and public records- I would not recommend. I have several gray hairs from the experience.

So yeah updates may be a bit slower this week.

-yours, Stressed The Fuck Out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5K 62
Welcome to Hermitcraft Randomness! This is a collection of mixed one-shots, AUs, incorrect quotes, and general randomness about Hermitcraft Season 7...
36.5K 676 23
Hi. This is a Hermitcraft book! I do some pretty terrible writing, and If you like it, I thank you. Occasionally I will post some AU ideas and that...
46.7K 1.2K 32
NOT UPDATING ANYMORE!!! - read the title :) - cover art is mine - i ship their minecraft personas, not real people, and this will be taken down if th...
3.3K 117 26
It's cancelled. Go read something else, there's nothing here