Entangled: Playfully

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #2 Life is short; it should be full of fun. These are the words of Daniel Adams. Daniel Adams... More

Author's note
Cast..
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
*Special Chapter*
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter- 41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Epilogue
New book

Chapter-7

45.8K 2.5K 272
By _SoloBird_

Eloise Nicole

Numerous pictures in magazines, newspapers, and on the internet but my eyes were fixed on a particular picture. Daniel and me.

I don't know why but my brain was resisting my fingers to scroll the picture on my phone. There was something in that picture which I wasn't able to figure out.

"El"

I hastily closed the article and put my phone back on the table when I heard Evan's voice.

"Yep."

"I received a call from Rick Hashington's secretary. Rick wants to meet you." He said sitting on the chair on the opposite side of the table whereas Trish sat beside me.

"Purpose?" I asked.

"Work." He replied while tapping his fingers on the table. I nodded my head.

Rick Hashington; a prominent name in the industry who owns a clothing brand. His tag is mostly famous for the lingerie business. He yearly organizes the runway shows and photoshoots for the promotion of the collection. He also owns a production house for creating TV commercials.

The most important thing, he was the one who helped my mother to find work for me and in repayment, he wanted me to work for him when the time comes.

It's the time I guess. But one thing about me, I don't wear lingerie on-screen or for any kind of promotion. It's not that I don't wear them; every woman does but every woman also doesn't publicize them, I belong to that category of women. I refuse to publicize them. It's the choice I made when I started my career. And fortunately, my mother too didn't oppose my decision.

I never refuse to wear any type of clothing but wearing lingerie is a personal affair. Obviously, many models are there who do that happily and I really don't have any problem with that because it's their choice.

And if Rick Hashington was inviting me to wear his lingerie collection for promotion then it's the work I would reject without any doubt.

"What work?" I asked Evan.

"Didn't mention. His secretary said Rick personally wants to tell you." He mumbled.

"What do you think?" I asked him as he knows about Rick's ways of work.

"Honestly, it doesn't sound good. You know he's not a good man to work with." He replied.

Another thing to know about Rick, he doesn't portray a good image, he is a businessman with cheap thinking about women, and also he is known to sleep with women he works with. He even openly admitted it quoting "If women don't refuse then what problem other people have with it."

Yes, many women do willingly but sources state that he threatens to destroy the carrier of women who refuse him, and also till he's satisfied with a particular woman, the limelight is showered onto her and after that, he doesn't care.

"Mm..hmm, I know. But I have to meet him for the sake of the favor he did on my mother."

"Okay then, we'll meet him today itself and I won't leave your side as I don't trust that man," Evan said sternly. I chuckled and agreed to my protective friend.

Suddenly I remembered something. "Hey, I have a surprise for both of you," I said excitedly.

"What?" They both asked.

"You two have a day off tomorrow so plan it the way you want. Actually, not just tomorrow. After meeting with Rick today, you both are free." I exclaimed happily.

"What about your work?" Trish asked.

"Luckily, after months, I have a work-free day. So, to take a bit of mental rest I will be visiting someone whom I haven't visited for long." I looked at their faces which were full of worry.

"Oh, come on, It's not that I'm going there for the first time. I'll manage it." I huffed.

"You know the media, they'll follow you. They did the same last time. You had to turn back in the middle." Trish said worriedly.

"This time I'll rent a car. Last time I was foolish enough to take my car. You two don't worry about me, just spend a lovely time with each other. Okay?"

"Okay" Trish finally smiled and hugged me. "Take care. Okay?" I nodded my head. Evan too came and hugged me.

"If you get in any trouble just give me a call, I'll rescue you." He mumbled.

:::::::::::::

When we reached Rick's office, his secretary stopped Evan to enter inside. Evan was asked to wait in the waiting room; he refused to leave me alone with Rick but I made him do so.

"Hello, Mr. Hashington." I greeted him when I was led inside his office. He's a man in his late 40s.

"Oh, finally! It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Nicole." He greeted me getting up from his chair.

"Please have a seat." He gestured towards the couch. He ordered his secretary to bring coffee.

"So, how are you?" He asked sitting beside me. I shifted to keep some distance.

"I'm good, Mr. Hashington."

"Oh, cut the formalities, call me by my name." He flirtatious smile.

"I don't think it's appropriate. So, why do you call me?" I asked clearing my throat. I was getting an uneasy feeling sitting with him.

"You are the same as I heard. Trust me I feel bad for not remaining in contact with you. The last time we met personally was when your mother asked for my help to find work for you. And I must say, you have grown into a beautiful lady." He raked his eyes from my head to toe.

"Thank you Mr. Hashington," I mumbled.

"And about why I called you. Well, I have met your mother many times to discuss work but she always said you don't have time, she kept you away. But I guess contacting you directly was the best option. See, you're finally here."

"So, what is it?" I again asked. I wanted him to get on the point fast.

"I need a new face for the new lingerie collection so I want you to work for me." He announced.

I knew it.

"Sorry, Mr. Hashington but I'm the wrong candidate you called for. I don't wear lingerie on-screen." I cleared.

"You're refusing without even listening to the offer." He chuckled like we were talking in a friendly way. I was about to explain to him more but he spoke before me.

"If you work for me, you'll be the face of the brand for a year and not to forget the runway shows, international photoshoots, promotional parties where you'll receive great exposure. And most importantly, the money, you'll get all the money in one go. And trust me, the amount is enormous that will ever be received by any model." He rambled.

"The offer is tempting but Mr. Hashington, it's still a no," I said without thinking twice, I had a smile on my face to not to sound rude.

I saw him clenching his jaw; his eyes narrowed for a bit but he laughed it off. "I must say, Miss Nicole, you really have guts to refuse this tempting offer."

"I work with some rules, Mr. Hashington. There are many others who can work for you but I can't, sorry." I said.

"But I have made my mind... I want you."

The way he stated that made me shiver. It didn't sound good, his statement left me in goosebumps but I kept my composure.

"I'm really sorry but this can't happen. Umm...If the talk is over...so, I think I should leave," I mumbled and stood up but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I flinched at the contact but he didn't let go of my wrist.

"Not yet, Miss Nicole. Coffee hasn't arrived yet. Have a coffee with me then you can leave. Also, allow me to do some more persuading to make you agree to work with me. And I have to remind you that you have to repay the favor." He said with a smile but I knew his real face behind.

Getting my hand away from his hold I sat back again keeping a good distance from him.

"I'll repay your favor, Mr. Hashington but not by doing this work. If you want me to endorse your other clothing brand then I'll do it." I said with a straight face.

"But I don't want you for that." He confessed.

I messaged Evan telling him about the situation. Rick didn't let me go for an hour, he kept persuading but I refused every time. And trust me, he wasn't happy at all.

"I'll escort you out," Rick said when we stood outside of his office room after our so-called conversation was over. I saw Evan approaching me.

"Thank you, but I'll manage."

"Oh, come on, at least allow me to do that." He forced. Giving him a tight-lipped smile I agreed and asked Evan to bring the car.

When I and Rick reached outside the office building, the media attacked us. Goodness, they weren't present when I came. Who gave them information about this meeting?

"Eloise Nicole, are you working with Mr. Hashington?"

"Are you the new face for the lingerie collection?"

"What deal did you two make?"

"Mr. Hashington, is Eloise Nicole the final choice for you?"

They bombarded us with questions.

"Actually, no..." I stiffen and flinched when Rick snaked his hand around my waist stopping me from speaking. I clenched my fist tightly in order not to lose my control in front of the media. He was getting too touchy, I ignored the situation in his office but he touched me again.

"All of your questions will be answered shortly. But one question I can answer now... Yes, I want to make Miss Eloise Nicole my final choice. Let's see what happens." He smiled looking at my face but I refused to look at him. He squeezed the part of my back and moved his face near my ear.

"I'm still giving you a chance to think about the offer. I'll wait for your call." He whispered. Ha! Call? I would never call you.

Evan brought the car and honked to make his presence noticed. Rick ordered his guards to led me to the car.

Shutting the car door with a bang I sighed in relief. Evan drove the car to a particular distance then stopped on the sideway.

"You okay? What happened in his office?" He asked with concern. I explained everything to him, he pulled me in a hug and comforted me.

"You did good, El. I'll make sure to not take any calls from his side. I won't allow him to come near you." He whispered.

The next day, early in the morning, I was ready in my sweatpants, a hoodie, and sneakers. I was about to leave the condo to visit particular someone for which I canceled my work when the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see my mother standing outside who was fuming in anger.

Oh! She saw the news.

"What the hell were you thinking?" She shouted the moment she stepped in.

"Why did you meet him? Why I was not told about this meeting?" She added. I shrugged my shoulders in answer.

"Don't you have a mouth to speak? I'm asking you something! Why did you go there?" She screeched.

"Because he called me, that's why!" I answered monotonously.

"Are you out of your mind? Did you by chance make any deal with him?" She asked.

"Actually, yes!" I crossed my hands across my chest. I lied but she had to understand that I was capable of making choices.

"Why? Don't you know I bring work for you? You should have asked me before agreeing to his offer?" She yelled.

I narrowed my eyes at her and seethed. "Don't you think I should be the one making choices? I have every right to decide what I want. I never complain when you chose work for me and now, I just made a single choice about work, you came here to yell at me?" I was breathing hard.

"Yes it was your first time choosing for yourself and see what you did, you made a wrong choice." She exclaimed.

"When will you understand that I know what's good for me and what's not!" I exclaimed in anger.

"You.." I stopped her by putting my hand out.

"You have ruined my morning pretty well, stop now. I have to go somewhere." I huffed "Take some rest, you seem tired, cool down a bit."

"Where are you going? And where are Evan and Trish?" She asked suspiciously.

"I gave them a day off. I'm leaving, make sure to lock the door before you leave." Saying that I left my condo. I didn't tell her where I was going.

I went into the parking lot where the rented car was parked.

Halfway through the ride, I saw the gas was getting low. Damn! Why didn't I check beforehand? Luckily, I spotted a gas station so I stopped there. Wearing a mask and pulling a cap over my head I got out of the car. Hope no one recognizes me.

After filling the car with gas I was about to sit in the car when someone tapped on my shoulder. My eyes went wide when I turned to face the person.

Daniel Adams.

"Hello, Eloi!" He waved his hand.

"How did you recognize me?" I mumbled securing my cap.

"This isn't a movie where no one recognizes a person they know even by looking at the eyes. And I can recognize you even from far away." He grinned showing his full set of teeth. I exhaled and inhaled a few times.

"So? What are you doing here hiding behind that mask which is making you unrecognizable?" He asked. I caught the sarcasm in his tone.

"Not now, Mr. Adams."

"Hmm... I sense bad morning." He commented.

"I can save you from becoming grumpy early in the morning. I can do that while having a coffee." He added cheerfully. His morning was cheerful but mine was not.

"I have to be somewhere, Mr. Adams. If you'll please excuse me." I shifted to move but he blocked my way.

"Everyone has to be somewhere, Eloi. It's just the matter of five to ten minutes to cheer up to have a good day ahead." He smiled. I was really getting jealous of his smile. How can he manage to smile all the time?

I crossed my arms across my chest and glared at him. When I didn't speak for a few seconds he continued. "Hey, I saw you getting out Rick Hashington's building in the news. I think I should warn you about him...."

"Stop right there Mr. Adams. My business is none of your concern." I snapped in anger.

"Okay, okay," He raised his hands in surrender. "So? Coffee to beat the bad mood, Eloi?" He grinned. This made my anger rose like lava in the volcano. I roughly removed my mask and seethed.

"Can't you listen at once? I said I have to be somewhere?"

"Why are you getting angry? I was just cheering you up."

"Well, reality check. I don't want your cheering. Not everyone remains in a good mood as you, everyone has to deal with something or the other every day. Don't you understand? I want to be alone. And if cheerfulness is bubbling inside you then go and cheer your family, spend time with them. They must be waiting for your schedule to get free to meet you. Just don't bother me. And for the last time, don't call me Eloi." I seethed in anger.

I didn't know what came out of my mouth because it wasn't me who spoke, my anger spoke for me. I saw the hurt in Daniel's eyes. His expressions were unreadable, I saw his clenching jaw. That was the first time I saw him so hurt and serious. But my anger didn't let me feel any kind of regret.

Without giving him a chance to speak, I sat in the car and drove off.

___________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
14.4K 839 50
Enchantress Book Series-1 ••• ♡ ••• Jennifer Andez is a simple beautiful college going girl. Her life was beautiful and happy with her two friends, u...
477K 18.7K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...
1.2M 38.1K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...